So yea, appropriately sized.

TommyDee,
Reactions: kenske

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
A couple of questions.

Why does one weed last 3 heats and another last 6-7? :hmm:

Does it ever happen to you?

Usually a session lasts three heats but with a certain type of weed it takes much longer to exhaust it. :nope:

Oh totally. Some strains just won't stop producing vapor („Jack Herer“ or „Super Silver Haze” come to mind) , others are done after a few draws. I see that a lot.

How often do you clean your vapcap? ;)

About once a week. I like my stuff being clean (and finally was able to score one liter of isopropyl yesterday...).

kenske

I thought about a Fluxheater too, but the wait cooled my interest. I have a PSM on order and being a Pipes fan I am good with that. As I have said I love my JarHead.

Although, I just signed up here. I have been mowing thru Pipe's threads for years. I am also a Pipes fanboy:rockon:. I am excited to get one of his creation. I am sure it will be a functional device on my desk for daily usage.

kenske,
Reactions: cybrguy

kenske

@kenske
To bad they couldn't make the Alpine perfectly cubical @2.5"

So 2.5 x 2.5 x 2.75 = ~17.2 cubic inches = Alpine
66 x 43 x 102 = 2.6 x 1.7 x 4 = 17.7 cubic inches = PSM
PSM will fit better in your pocket.

So yea, appropriately sized.

Great comparison on the size and better fitment of the PSM. For some reason, the PSM seem a lot bulkier to me and your comparison def made me realize its not... maybe its b/c the switches/meter/magnet/etc... are all surface mounted. I think the PSM would be much sleeker if we can have everything flush mounted.

kenske,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The PSM just needs a cool pouch. @stark1 has a picture of one that just says "Vaping and hunting go hand in hand!" :lmao:

@kenske - The Fluxer is arguably the most compact and best battery life in a portable class. From experimentation, a 3s 18650 is really best for a relaxed charging schedule. I easily get 3 days on fairly conventional protected vape cells. This removes a lot of charge-anxiety when you don't meter the device. I'm not one to be futzing with a device to know what the charge is. Either it works, it needs fresh batteries, or it is a convenient time for me to deal with maintenance.

The PSM and the Alpine are more for the back-yard-furniture-outdoor-summertime-vape-sesh sorta thing in my inebriated mind.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The PSM and the Alpine are more for the back-yard-furniture-outdoor-summertime-vape-sesh sorta thing in my inebriated mind.

Exactly what my PSM will be doing. Along with couch surfing and couch locking.

Am I correct in remembering that a slower heat-up is actually a better roasting for Flavor-Chasing, whereas a quicker heat-up is geared towards Cloud-Chasers? For me, 10 seconds in an IH is still better than any number of seconds of torching. Granted, I do appreciate that torches may (subj.) give a fuller,more satisfying hit, but for the convenience of not having to deal with butane I'll lean towards the IH most of the time (and I've only used the Dental Wax Heater one thus far).

Very true, but I wouldn't say 10 seconds is a fast heat-up speed. I would also prefer any IH over a torch.

Last edited:

Cervical CBD

Got my Cvap today and it’s way smaller than I expected. I got maybe 1 decent draw but I’m sure I’ll get used to it. I used a regular lighter and buried the flame in the cap.

Cervical CBD,

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Am I correct in remembering that a slower heat-up is actually a better roasting for Flavor-Chasing, whereas a quicker heat-up is geared towards Cloud-Chasers? For me, 10 seconds in an IH is still better than any number of seconds of torching. Granted, I do appreciate that torches may (subj.) give a fuller,more satisfying hit, but for the convenience of not having to deal with butane I'll lean towards the IH most of the time (and I've only used the Dental Wax Heater one thus far).
IME the difference is Ti v SS: flavor is preserved, get more hits off TI, SS is clouds, and big ones, and fewer heats to a bowl. That said, more or less aggressive is a matter of (*ahem*) taste: w/ Skeletor, how long to leave the ‘cap in past the click was a real thing; My 15mm Flux is more ‘aggressive‘ in the sense that when it clicks, it’s *DONE*, I found that an agreeable adjustment to make.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I'm sure the Apollo works perfectly well. I need to figure out why :cool:

That pineapple has been associated with the layout of the Apline 2020, yes. Some 3D printed stuff shows up on a search. I'm just not convinced the same entity took on the commercial effort. This I will know more when I peek inside.

TommyDee,

D4Dank

Was considering snagging one of those Alpine and even had it in my cart. Close the tab and checked my email a few min later and received a 20% off coupon. Sooooo I went back and ordered one for $88. Finger crossed it’s not a disappointment, this will be my first ih experience

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Was considering snagging one of those Alpine and even had it in my cart. Close the tab and checked my email a few min later and received a 20% off coupon. Sooooo I went back and ordered one for $88. Finger crossed it’s not a disappointment, this will be my first ih experience
Rooting for your satisfaction!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I'm sure the Apollo works perfectly well. I need to figure out why :cool:

That pineapple has been associated with the layout of the Apline 2020, yes. Some 3D printed stuff shows up on a search. I'm just not convinced the same entity took on the commercial effort. This I will know more when I peek inside.

For the money, the Alpine seems to be professionally manufactured, and marketed.

Be good to see one made for the active life style, desktops are just too sedate (and awkward to
Lug while on the fly).

SOLD OUT

kenske

Thank you for your reply. I will definitely search for somebody who can ship it to France.

kenske, wow! The last one is for evenings ? Kinda something to go thru the space :D

Sorry! For some reason, i just see this reply. When i leave the house, the galaxy glass and the 2020m with spinning mp are my current edc:ko:

kenske,
Reactions: Hawaiian

fatbiker

For the money, the Alpine seems to be professionally manufactured, and marketed.

Be good to see one made for the active life style, desktops are just too sedate (and awkward to
Lug while on the fly).

SOLD OUT

I have been considering the Alpine 2020 as well. I don't know much about Source Vapes at all which makes me a bit reluctant. I like some of the options on Etsy but I would prefer to have a warranty or something to protect my investment for a bit. I've read users having issues with IH's and them being junk and I'd prefer to avoid buying something that isn't going to last for a few years at least. Otherwise, I'll sell the Dynavap and buy another Mighty....

I would really like a portable unit that is durable and user friendly. I'd like to take it with me on a bike ride, hike, or fishing and not worry. For those of you who use an IH in an active lifestyle which has worked best for you?

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
New version coming out soon from @mr_cfromcali and Fluxer.

*snip*I would really like a portable unit that is durable and user friendly. I'd like to take it with me on a bike ride, hike, or fishing and not worry. For those of you who use an IH in an active lifestyle which has worked best for you?

I've had my Flux Deluxe for over a year and love it but for active portability I prefer my triple torch. It's smaller and lighter weight than any IH will ever be. And I don't worry about clicks most of the time since all my caps seem a bit different. Torch for 5 seconds, inhale, heat a couple more seconds if needed.

But if you really want a portable IH the PSM seems it'd be the best choice. Small, lightweight, reliable and @Pipes is very helpful. :2c:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
You are right!
However, the next iteration is for preorders (with early June projected deliveries).

Last edited:
stark1,
Reactions: GtrBob
Top Bottom