Dreamwood Glow

Duba

Accessory Maker
Is there a way of making the bowl bigger than the basket screen when using the WPA with the Glow 18?
I love the vape itself but the bowl is on the smaller side and practically impossible to stir without spilling half out of the bowl.
I use the mouthpiece in wood without basket screen and the bowl is big enough

Is there a way of making the bowl bigger than the basket screen when using the WPA with the Glow 18?
I love the vape itself but the bowl is on the smaller side and practically impossible to stir without spilling half out of the bowl.
One potential idea I’ve had is to be a packet of flexible screens at your local smoke shop and push it down the WPA as far it can while staying in place. You fill that end of the WPA with bud and then close it off with a basket screen. Big bowl!

also hey everyone. Just joined FC :wave:Bought a pre-loved Glow18 after all my other vapes stopped working or got stolen and it was more than I could have asked for. Beautiful, tasty clouds by just holding down the button. Not to mention it’s hard to go back to anything but wood now, so pretty. I had a bad experience with another popular 510 herb vape but didn’t want to give up on the system; the glow definitely affirmed my faith in 510 on demand vapor. I want to get more people on board!

fropones

Bought an 18 off Reddit and this will be my first 510 vape. I have a joyetech vtc mini; which is the best firmware to use for the Glow?

XpeeN

Bought an 18 off Reddit and this will be my first 510 vape. I have a joyetech vtc mini; which is the best firmware to use for the Glow?
You don't have to use AF or any custom firmware tbh, the only thing that might bother you is the 10 seconds timeout.

XpeeN

Does anyone know what's the name of the glow's type of deck? (for example, this type of deck called velocity deck)

XpeeN,
Reactions: TeaCup

Duba

Accessory Maker
I'm just passing here to share my final setup. As is often the case in vaping, a learning curve and testing allow everyone to find their own pace with their device. For the Glow 18, my perfect setting for my draw is 37w! Cheers!

Last edited:

Mr Turnip

Just bought a 14.

Why can't I use the glass stem and pack same as the wood stem? Why do I have to pack the glass like a si or splinter?.

Cheers

Mr Turnip,

Mr Turnip

Yeah I was meaning the bottom like the tiny might.. but with my splinters an modpod I use a basket on the bottom....

And last night I'd had few from the dtv4 an got excited packed the dreamwoods base then stuffed the glass stem in an squashed all bud in....can be a silly Billy most days...

Mr Turnip,
Reactions: BigJr48

cptofnthng

Any differences between the two sizes in Performance?
What mod is recommended? Im thinking of getting one for pure glass use. You Guys can recommend for that?

cptofnthng,

Antrim50

What mod is recommended? Im thinking of getting one for pure glass use. You Guys can recommend for that?
The company recommends or suggests the Pico istick. It's a nice mod. For pure glass you can use either but I think the 14 needs an o-ring for glass (which is supplied with it). Some other difference, like you can use dosing caps in the 18. Otherwise the same, but 14 is a bit smaller

I bought the 14 this week. Very nicely made but I can't get on with it.

Antrim50,

XpeeN

The 18 wooden mouthpiece fits 14 mm female joint, so It might be more convenient for you than the 14.
For a mode, I'd recommend a mod that supports AF, so you could cancel the 10 secs protection.

Cjk0812

Hey everybody, I'm looking at getting a glow 14 in the near future. I see on the site that it says that the base is 22mm but it looks like it gets wider after the base so I was wondering what the widest it got was if it went past 22mm?

I was thinking it would probably be one of the cloest things I can that would be like my walnut flip brick (probably my favorite among my little collection), but with it being an electronic portable versus needing butane. Am I on the right track?

Cjk0812,

Antrim50

Hey everybody, I'm looking at getting a glow 14 in the near future. I see on the site that it says that the base is 22mm but it looks like it gets wider after the base so I was wondering what the widest it got was if it went past 22mm?

I was thinking it would probably be one of the cloest things I can that would be like my walnut flip brick (probably my favorite among my little collection), but with it being an electronic portable versus needing butane. Am I on the right track?

Hi, I have the 14 in walnut that I can measure for you later if you like. I'm pretty sure it's 25mm at the widest

I'm afraid I haven't tried the flip brick to be able to compare.

But people seem to love the glow if that's anything to go by

Antrim50,

Cjk0812

Hi, I have the 14 in walnut that I can measure for you later if you like. I'm pretty sure it's 25mm at the widest

I'm afraid I haven't tried the flip brick to be able to compare.

But people seem to love the glow if that's anything to go by

Yeah that would be awesome if you could. I just saw a SBS that I thought would look good with it and it comes in a starter set with a 24mm atomizer so I may just be getting hopeful lol.

Cjk0812,

Cjk0812

Awe yeah I mean I was only looking from stock photos but it looks like the 24mm tank was already right against it. Oh well lol. It would've been a slick little setup

Cjk0812,

Antrim50

Awe yeah I mean I was only looking from stock photos but it looks like the 24mm tank was already right against it. Oh well lol. It would've been a slick little setup
I know what you mean, but if you go with the mod that they recommend, the istick Pico which is very small in the hand, the whole set up is smaller than you might think

Antrim50,

Duschkopf

Hi,

I would like to continue this thread :) I just registered, because I read the whole 41 pages and am still undecided between the RCV 14 and 18 Version. I live in Germany, so purchase is easy. As of this time the 14 costs 129€ (v3 Version, new cylindrical shape), comes with a glass mouth pieace and an adapter. The 18 v3 costs 109€, without a glass MP.
Now my biggest Dilemma:

I do not vape on a regulary basis, so I have times with really low tolerance and need a vape where I can load as few material as possible, but still beeing able to extract efficiently. Now, the opinions differ a lot. From "The 14 is best for microdosing, dont even consider the 18" to "they are same in this regard" and even to "the 18 is better for microdosing, because the chamber is more narrow". Again, people say the chamber of the 14 is more narrow but from the pictures I see, I conclude that the chamber of the 18 is more narrow becasue you load the material in the MP. More narrow meens more equal heating.

Please, help me decide :-) I even wrote to the German shop and the Dreamwood manufacture brothers, but I think the response will take a time and christmas is coming :)

Thanks in advance!

greetings
Duschkopf

Top Bottom