• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dreamwood Glow

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
So... this goes into the normal mouthpiece?
No, this is supposed to be used instead of the wooden mouthpiece, to give you cooler vapor.

And... this ist an replacement for this ??
Yes.

What exactly is Combi Mouthpiece exactly for tho?
It's just another cooling muthpiece.

Whats the difference between using the Combi Mouthpiece and to put Cooling Glas Mouthpiece onto the normal mouth piece? Is there any benefit from it?
The difference is mainly in the aiflow, with the Combi being a little more restrictive (I like it more personally). Also, it cools a little bit more than the short cooling mouthpiece.
In both cases, the benefit is that the vapor is cooler than with the stock mouthpiece.

No problem! :cheers:

Franco,
Reactions: crudo

crudo

perfect. so i guess i'll go with the combi mothpiece :-) altho i wish they had a smaller glas stem for that. like this

crudo,

garett

Hi there, VAS is kicking in again, and i am thinking of buying a Dreamwood Glow 18. I have a broken RBT Splinter laying around, and a few Mouthpieces. Do you know if they fit into the Glow 18?

And another question is for the glowing part. I read a lot in this Topic, some are concerned about the glowing coils, some dont care.
I dont want to inhale coil fumes or whatever, so my question is how easy is it to let the coil glow if you use it with for example 40w?
Can i only prevent it with inhaling faster? Does this only happen when you push the button longer than X seconds?

I dont have an idea how it can happen. And before i buy a glow 18 i would like to know if i am able to prevent this.

Last edited:
garett,

DrDread101

Hi everyone, I have just got myself a Glow 18 v3. Really like it so far but I feel like I could be getting better results with it at lower watts. Using the dosing capsules I can get pretty good rips using the WPA and the cooling stem but when I try to just use herb in the basket, I seem to scorch the herb. Have been using it between 40-52w but 40w is just purely flavour with little vapor. 52w works well for clouds with the dosing caps but scorches the herb before it'll produce much vapor when just using the basket. I have played around with the air hole and draw speed but some advice would be great. I have seen people on here saying they use it at 35w but at that wattage I get no vapor at all, just a tiny bit of flavour.

Can someone give me some advice on technique for lower watts and also best techniques to milk up a bong.

Also can anyone recommend a good SS premade coil that I could buy to test out TC mode?

Using a Vaporesso Gen S mod. Thanks, looking forward to your help dialling my glow in

DrDread101,

XpeeN

Hi there, VAS is kicking in again, and i am thinking of buying a Dreamwood Glow 18. I have a broken RBT Splinter laying around, and a few Mouthpieces. Do you know if they fit into the Glow 18?

And another question is for the glowing part. I read a lot in this Topic, some are concerned about the glowing coils, some dont care.
I dont want to inhale coil fumes or whatever, so my question is how easy is it to let the coil glow if you use it with for example 40w?
Can i only prevent it with inhaling faster? Does this only happen when you push the button longer than X seconds?

I dont have an idea how it can happen. And before i buy a glow 18 i would like to know if i am able to prevent this.
I don't have any 19/19 stems, but according to dreamwood, it seems like it should work.
IDK about the glowing at x watts thing, because it's pretty hard to tell with the wooden sleeve, but I can tell that I've let it heat for 2secs at ~40w and nothing happened to the wood. I could've tested it with my all-glass DIY, but a friend use it rn. Anyway, it shouldn't glow at that watt range when you're inhaling, and you don't really have a reason not to inhale after letting the coil heat for a second or 2.
Hi everyone, I have just got myself a Glow 18 v3. Really like it so far but I feel like I could be getting better results with it at lower watts. Using the dosing capsules I can get pretty good rips using the WPA and the cooling stem but when I try to just use herb in the basket, I seem to scorch the herb. Have been using it between 40-52w but 40w is just purely flavour with little vapor. 52w works well for clouds with the dosing caps but scorches the herb before it'll produce much vapor when just using the basket. I have played around with the air hole and draw speed but some advice would be great. I have seen people on here saying they use it at 35w but at that wattage I get no vapor at all, just a tiny bit of flavour.

Can someone give me some advice on technique for lower watts and
Can't say much because I mostly use capsules, but at times that I don't, I'm also uses my stem-packed glow at 35w and get great results.
* Make sure you take steady draws that starts slow and going faster as you feel the vapor at your throat (and in case you're using the wooden mouthpiece, also when it gets warmer)
* Maybe take a look at your coils to make sure they heat evenly.
* Give it another shot when 1/2 or 2/3 of the airport's open with the method described above.

also best techniques to milk up a bong.

Also can anyone recommend a good SS premade coil that I could buy to test out TC mode?

Using a Vaporesso Gen S mod. Thanks, looking forward to your help dialling my glow in

Can't help you with the bong thing, because I don't own one lol, but about SS coils, I'm currently testing on some 510 DIYs different heaters, but up until now I didn't use actually ecig coils shapes. I'll hope I'll remember to let you know if I find something interesting. Rn I got some 20GA ss316L wire otw and I got some ss316L staggered fused clapton wire, not sure about the GA but probably 26/28+32 x2+32 or something that I can try on my DIYs hopefully pretty soon.
BTW, your current mod doesn't support it but check out AF at nfeteam.org, you might find it useful.

garett

I read everything and i pulled the trigger on the 18version, so excited right now. But there is one thing that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

I read that someone has „troubles“ with the Kenthal coils. One said He has a strange feeling in his chest, another one in the teeth. I stopped using the Splinter because of a strange feeling in my chest. I had the one with the Mica Heater.

I will definitely try the Kenthal coil, and also try SS one. But i have no clue about couls. Can you tell me which one i have to take? I dont want to use it in TC mode, i have a Mighty for that. I will only use it in Watt Mode.

garett,

XpeeN

I read everything and i pulled the trigger on the 18version, so excited right now. But there is one thing that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

I read that someone has „troubles“ with the Kenthal coils. One said He has a strange feeling in his chest, another one in the teeth. I stopped using the Splinter because of a strange feeling in my chest. I had the one with the Mica Heater.

I will definitely try the Kenthal coil, and also try SS one. But i have no clue about couls. Can you tell me which one i have to take? I dont want to use it in TC mode, i have a Mighty for that. I will only use it in Watt Mode.
It's rebuildable, so just buy some different kinds of wires\premade coils and find the one you like the most.

XpeeN,

garett

It's rebuildable, so just buy some different kinds of wires\premade coils and find the one you like the most.
But are there some i should avoid, or ones that are not good to use in Wattage mode?

Yeah, I am just going to avoid the Glow for a week to see if it has anything to do with it.
Any news on that? Did it change something for you?

garett,

XpeeN

But are there some i should avoid, or ones that are not good to use in Wattage mode?
I think nickel can't be used in wattage mode, there's some info online for sure. I advise sticking to kanthal,N80 and SS.

XpeeN,
Reactions: garett

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Nickel can make you develop an allergy over-time, so it's best to avoid it if possible. But the material you should not use in Power mode is Titanium, as it can ignite and vaporize explosively if you go too high in temperature, so this one is TC-only.

garett

I was just wondering because of the Glowing Coils. On one hand you should avoid glowing coils (make them orange) because of breaking them, or releasing fumes you dont want. But for the Glow, the Coils have to glow.
So do you cool it down enough only with inhaling? Does the air cool the coils that much so that you avoing the orange state?

garett,

XpeeN

I was just wondering because of the Glowing Coils. On one hand you should avoid glowing coils (make them orange) because of breaking them, or releasing fumes you dont want. But for the Glow, the Coils have to glow.
So do you cool it down enough only with inhaling? Does the air cool the coils that much so that you avoing the orange state?
I think inhaling cools it down enough. I guess you'll feel the vapor and tune your inhalation speed before it'll glow on you. Just don't let it glow at preheat.

XpeeN,

DrDread101

So I accidentally combusted for the first time with my glow, admittedly it was a bad one, torched a whole bowl in the wooden mouthpiece. Now the wooden mouthpiece absolutely stinks like smoke. I have cleaned throughly using iso and q tips, changed the screen etc but it still stinks and it's ruining the flavour.

How can I decontaminate the wooden mouthpiece? Is it ok to soak it in iso or will it absorb it and deform the mouthpiece because it's made of wood?

Is my only option buying a new one? Any tips or tricks? Cheers

Joie de Vivre

Vaping regular herbs in it (grab a pack of herbal mix or some herbal cigs) can make it acceptable again... maybe. :)

Joie de Vivre,

garett

I just received my Dreamwood Glow 18 in Brazilian Pear and i really love it. There is just one thing i noticed. Its a strange bitter taste that appears after the 3rd hit. Its not the Herb, because i can‘t taste it in any of my other vapes. Do you think its the wood? I also thought it could be the Kenthal coil, but wouldn‘t that tast a bit metallic instead of bitter? What do you think?

garett,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I just received my Dreamwood Glow 18 in Brazilian Pear and i really love it. There is just one thing i noticed. Its a strange bitter taste that appears after the 3rd hit. Its not the Herb, because i can‘t taste it in any of my other vapes. Do you think its the wood? I also thought it could be the Kenthal coil, but wouldn‘t that tast a bit metallic instead of bitter? What do you think?
I think it's the wood. Check the inside of the wooden sleeve, near the heater. You may see it scorched/blackened, especially if you're running it in the high W range.

Franco,

DrDread101

Judy got some prebuilt 0.4ohm Clapton SS coils to try out the glow with TC.

Does anyone have done recommend TC settings? Using a Vaporesso Gen S.

Also SS coil wraps are touching together, standard Glow coil wraps are spaced out and not touching, should I spread out the SS coils when I install them as well?

DrDread101,

XpeeN

Judy got some prebuilt 0.4ohm Clapton SS coils to try out the glow with TC.

Does anyone have done recommend TC settings? Using a Vaporesso Gen S.

Also SS coil wraps are touching together, standard Glow coil wraps are spaced out and not touching, should I spread out the SS coils when I install them as well?
The concept here is that the air will pass near the hot heating element and get hot itself. So yeah, if you spread the coils up a bit, more air could pass in between.
Now, about the TCR, it depends on the coil. If you have the option to use TCR values, I'd advise starting at ~80TCR and make small increments if it's not hot enough for you.

I want to post it here too because of r/vaporents state.

3-4 hits, 37w with stock coils. Didn't turn the stem at all between hits or something like that.

It looked a bit darker in person.

DrDread101

I want to post it here too because of r/vaporents state.

3-4 hits, 37w with stock coils. Didn't turn the stem at all between hits or something like that.

It looked a bit darker in person.

How long are firing for? Do you pre heat? Do you pulse? What is your airhole position? Cheers

DrDread101,

XpeeN

How long are firing for?
As long as I want, I reach to 15-20 secs usually.
Do you pre heat?
Yeah with the same watts for 2 secs, but I tried setting a custom preheat at ~50w a couple of times, and it works pretty well.
Do you pulse?
Yes, when I feel I need to. But usually increasing the draw speed is enough for me. Pro tip: Just imagine what's happening "under the hood" while you hit it once, and you'll understand how to operate it.
What is your airhole position? Cheers
I'm playing with it. Fully open or between full and half open.

Last edited:
XpeeN,
Top Bottom