Dreamwood Glow

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Hi,

I would like to continue this thread :) I just registered, because I read the whole 41 pages and am still undecided between the RCV 14 and 18 Version. I live in Germany, so purchase is easy. As of this time the 14 costs 129€ (v3 Version, new cylindrical shape), comes with a glass mouth pieace and an adapter. The 18 v3 costs 109€, without a glass MP.
Now my biggest Dilemma:

I do not vape on a regulary basis, so I have times with really low tolerance and need a vape where I can load as few material as possible, but still beeing able to extract efficiently. Now, the opinions differ a lot. From "The 14 is best for microdosing, dont even consider the 18" to "they are same in this regard" and even to "the 18 is better for microdosing, because the chamber is more narrow". Again, people say the chamber of the 14 is more narrow but from the pictures I see, I conclude that the chamber of the 18 is more narrow becasue you load the material in the MP. More narrow meens more equal heating.

Please, help me decide :-) I even wrote to the German shop and the Dreamwood manufacture brothers, but I think the response will take a time and christmas is coming :)

Thanks in advance!

greetings
Duschkopf
Hi and welcome to FC!

I only have a 18 so I can't direclty compare both models, but I think the best option for microdosing may be this mouthpiece to be used with the 14.
You basically load it as in the 18 mouthpiece, but they are specifically designed for microdosing with the 14. Not cheap though...
Hope it helps!

Franco,
Reactions: BigJr48

Duschkopf

Hi Franco,

But yes, it is way too expensive for me, becuase the 14 Set itself is 129€, so it would be really to much all together.

I think I will go for the 18. Had a nice phone call with the manufacture guys and they dont think it will make a difference for microdosing, which was my initial gut feeling all the way. Still have some hours to decide, the dreamwood is going to be the christmas gift from my GF to me and I told her I will give her my decision at the evening :)

Duschkopf

cool, this is what I was looking for, but did not not know where to start searching. So it is 18mm in diameter? I hope it is not that expensive.

Regarding the RCV 18, just need to decide between walnut and pear wood ^^
Asthetics by side, walnut is the more sturdy one according to Brinell hardness.

Duschkopf,

Duschkopf

thank you for the link. So I know the model, I am trying to find a german shop because shipping would be more expensive than the MP itself.
So it is 8mm outer diameter. Is it somehow conical? I cannot see it from the picture. Are there some alternatives, hence I would like to order from a German shop because of shipping costs and delivery time.

Duschkopf,

Duba

Accessory Maker
not conical. 8mm outer diam. Other solution could be a glass mouthpiece

Duba,

Duschkopf

I am wondering if this one would fit, but there is no information on the diameter in any shop I searched:

https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f...3cf-4987-b6f3-c8e5565032e2/Products/3-C-16457

EDIT:

what about this? It's from the dreamwood makers and their shop, offical one so to say. They go from 2.5-5cm. Sadly they are not the same wood I would purchase the 18 from.
The two from the right should be 5cm and look nice:

https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f1d51-d3cf-4987-b6f3-c8e5565032e2.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/a89f1d51-d3cf-4987-b6f3-c8e5565032e2/Products/5-518MundstückDriptipRedheart

And this one, also from their store is a glas piece, but it is 10cm! This is the closest to your piece that you linked:

https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f...3-c8e5565032e2/Products/5-518Combi-bend-glass

I hope it is meant to fit, because it says for the "combi outhpiece". 9mm diameter.

Last edited:
Duschkopf,

Duba

Accessory Maker
The first link, it's not good (Dynavap stem). The "Mundstûck" + the combi bend glass on the Og MP seem to be ok (but ask to the shop to be sure).
Did you verify the shipping cost from Lamart? because i didn't pay so much (in France)

Duba,

Duschkopf

I found it in straight form and "only" 7,5cm length:

https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f...e5565032e2/Products/5-518Combi-straight-glass

Also 9mm. They sell it as single glass piece and also with the wooden "combo":

https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f...7-b6f3-c8e5565032e2/Products/5-518CMPRedHeart

so I am irritated if the single 9mm glass piece will fit the standard mouthpiece that comes with the RCV 18. Would be a reall mess, if it would not fit, though...

EDIT: The 9mm glass piece does NOT fit the standard mouthpiece according to this post:

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dreamwood-glow.34667/page-37#post-1565482

Last edited:
Duschkopf,

GI

Hi,
I would like to know what dimensions change from 14 and 18, i have a 14 with blow in the body, it's ok, i like it.
In the 18 the blow is in the stem, so is much big than the 14 ? I think the hole it's bigger but the wall of the stem where the blow is bring the dimension near the 14 blow....or it's not like that ?
I like the fact instead of stir you rotate the stem/blow in the 18 but i leke the dose of the 14 :-) i try with the glass stem/blow that came with the 14 but i combust, or is too micro.

GI,

polopo54

Hi all, I am a proud owner of the Dreamwood RCV 14 and rather than loading the device itself I like to load stems for microdosing. I have a wooden stem from my old Mistvape Touch (RIP) with mesh basket screen in it ( ) and it worked the best for me so far.

Now I want to have more options and was wondering where can I get either wooden or glass stems that would fit for this purpose and for using with the basket screens. I am however not sure which would be a fit and which not and therefore I am looking for advice.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Paprikolu

Good day everyone. I have a question about RCV 22, could it be used on the go like V 18, without any water bongs atachments? if so, what mouthpiece should be used for cooler vapor and best experience? Thing is I need bigger chamber and from what I see V22 would fit me perfect, but if it works not good without atachments(bongs etc.) I wil go with V18 I guess

Paprikolu,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Good day everyone. I have a question about RCV 22, could it be used on the go like V 18, without any water bongs atachments? if so, what mouthpiece should be used for cooler vapor and best experience? Thing is I need bigger chamber and from what I see V22 would fit me perfect, but if it works not good without atachments(bongs etc.) I wil go with V18 I guess
I don't think they're making the RCV 22 anymore.
They slightly changed the design and now call it RCV DLX. I don't know how big the chamber is, but certainly looks bigger than the RCV 18.
And unless you ask for a specific custom model, I think it can only be used with a bong/waterpiece.

ETA: they also have specific sets like this one. They look nice but they're far from what I'd find practical for on the go.

Last edited:

Gdash

I don't think they're making the RCV 22 anymore.
They slightly changed the design and now call it RCV DLX. I don't know how big the chamber is, but certainly looks bigger than the RCV 18.
And unless you ask for a specific custom model, I think it can only be used with a bong/waterpiece.

ETA: they also have specific sets like this one. They look nice but they're far from what I'd find practical for on the go.

Yeah the sets usually have a pipe to use dry. It's pretty much the same as the DLX vapopipe and Dobby base. I have both the 18 and DLX and honestly if I'm going to use it dry I just grab the 18 as it's more portable. DLX is great with a bong and that's where it shines imo.

Im at work right now but I'm pretty sure the chamber is bigger on the pipe than the 18 mouthpiece and does fit more herb. Going off memory but I don't think their is a significant difference but it certainly seems bigger.

Paprikolu

Thank's very much for replay's, it was very helpful to decide from wich one to choose. I will go with V18, add some accsesories and will see how it goes lol. I'm newbie to this 510 dry atomizers, but from what I saw it looks promising. Thanks again guys

Paprikolu,
Reactions: Franco

Duba

Accessory Maker
Now I want to have more options and was wondering where can I get either wooden or glass stems that would fit for this purpose and for using with the basket screens. I am however not sure which would be a fit and which not and therefore I am looking for advice.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Maybe look @Alan works from toasty top

breiter_fighter

Hello my dear vaping friends!
Does anybody know which decks Dreamwood are using for their Glows?
I would like to DIY one for me, but I am very clueless about e-cigarettes.
Until now I was not succesfull in finding decks. I can only find the atomizers (is it called like this?) with tank and all the stuff I don't need.
Any recommendation for a deck that should work?
Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
breiter_fighter,

XpeeN

Hello my dear vaping friends!
Does anybody know which decks Dreamwood are using for their Glows?
I would like to DIY one for me, but I am very clueless about e-cigarettes.
Until now I was not succesfull in finding decks. I can only find the atomizers (is it called like this?) with tank and all the stuff I don't need.
Any recommendation for a deck that should work?
Thanks a lot :)
They make their own custom deck. It's the wrong forum, but basically check RDA's with 810 drip tips (most of them will fit a 14mm stem) and bottom airflow deck.
Check out those threads for starters: legoing a vape, the project.

breiter_fighter

Thank you for pointing me out to this threads. I checked them out, there are exactly what I am looking for and true gold mines of information.

Btw, I have a Dreamwood Dobby and I really love their woodworks. Also the Glows look pretty beautiful and stunning. I just like to do things on my own if I can. And it's a great opportunity to learn!

Enjoy your glows and keep on vaping :peace:

bardad

Hello,
I made another prototype.
combines the advantages of mflb:
-conduction- the herbs are heated mainly on a sieve and do not burn,
-the contents of the chamber can be evenly evaporated by shaking,
-larger amount of herb -excellent and strong taste,
-free way- minimal resistance to inhalation,
-antication to heat up and inhale the collected steam after a while,
-large variability of personal preferences
-grinder of mflb can be used

and advantages of the dreamwood convection vaporizer:
-convection heating by air flow through a spiral under the sieve
-real incredible battery life
-Super user friendliness control mode
-relatively discrete size
-possibility of setting power and all the advantages of battery mode
-Simplicity, minimal production costs and environmental friendliness of the product-wood, no plastics
-convection and the possibility of combinations of evaporative cooling with air under the atomizer or in the chamber or on the mouthpiece
-possibility of diy - spirals, design, material, size, microdosing

You can still research the shape, length and diameter of the spiral for the power-to-battery ratio. But I'm not an electrician, so I don't know anything about it.
here i used kanthal wire, diameter 1mm and it gives a resistance of about 0.20 and it works great around 20-40wat. I can use a finer mesh for the sieve, but I don't have any. here i used two steel strainers over each other and it works. the spiral does not heat up extra power and produces heat for convection and at the same time heats the sieve-conduction.

so far it works fantastically, it is possible that over time I will come across some disadvantages. if I don't reckon that it counts on some small dose of the learning curve, then I don't see the disadvantages yet.
I don't know how much some kanthal and steel crap can be released, but since in this case they both don't get as hot as dreamwood, so I'd say it probably won't get any worse ....

if you are interested or have some personal experience, I will be happy for your feedback ....

let's all vaporizing people come together
david

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
@bardad
Dude, you're on to something here!
I suggest you to start a thread in the DIY section. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people would be interested in your work.
It looks like a sort of Dreamwood meets Tinymight thing. Again, congrats! :tup:

Franco,

Fesob_31

Last week i got this new toy to play with, a beautiful Glow 18 with original dual SS coils and a combo mouthpiece with cooling glass straight.
I'm using it with a Wismec Sinuous P80 with Artic Fox.

Cold Resistence 0.125 ohm locked , Autofire 15 sec, 40W, TC with TCR 200, PID Enabled (Range 50%, P 600, I 90). Stainless Steel mesh capsule.

Here are the NToolbox screenshots at estimated C° 180, 190, 200, 210 (356, 374, 392, 410 F)
For each temperature there are 2 screenshots, first just baseline, then during my usual draw. Click on the image...

Power goes up when i inhale (25-36W) or is low if i don't (6-8W). Never combusted once. With the 14mm WPA i can do a couple of hits at 200°C and a couple at 210°C and then it's over. Or i can do a series of on demand hits, with the combo mouthpiece, going from 175 to 210, one draw each 5°C and a couple more where i like it (10 draws).
I'm still tweaking something but i'm happy with it.
Maybe i just need to use a different "TCR", 195 below 195 °C-374F and keep 200 above...

What do you think about it?
How long will the SS coils last? :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom