Dreamwood Glow

Fesob_31

Are there any must-have accessories that I should buy?

I love the combi mouthpiece with the dimpled bent glass stem and only use the stock wood mouthpiece as wpa. Caps are covenient when outside.
A set of SS coils, in case you want to try TC.

Fesob_31,
Reactions: simba

simba

@weedanwine
Luckily I'm *stocked* with coils as I used to have a Stempod OG.

My order hasn't been sent yet I don't think.

simba,
Reactions: Fesob_31

abofaza

I need advice.

I’m using a Samsung 21700 T40 with aegis Max100 that’s powering my Dreamwood Glow RCV18. I vape at 58-61W which I see is way more than most people use. I had to add another oring to seal the mouthpiece cause it was leaking, before i had to vape at 70W.

My question is, should I switch that battery to a Samsung T30 or a Molicel P42A for better performance? Right now it’s default setup with dual kanthal coils.

Also please tell me what kind of ss316l clapton wire is optimal for non glowing TC setup? Simply 20 gauge? Should I go for the thicker one? How do I know it’s the correct one? I’m going to order online, because it seems we don’t have wires that thick in our vape shops across the country.

abofaza,

Fesob_31

Each of those three batteries can provide the power required But 58-61W seems a lot and it can cause batteries to age sooner, maybe that is the problem with the T40.

The airpath has to be sealed. Also check for leakage between tha rda and the body.

For TC I have mostly used the SS coils from Dreamwood but you can use other coils no problem.
Gotta find your balance between total mass & heat exchange surface, possibly in the 0,15-0,3ohm range.

Fesob_31,

chrismaddahl

Hi all :)

the last few years I used a Splinter and Wismec Predator in TC mode.
I want to replicate my smoking style from the Splinter in TC mode with my new Dreamwood Glow 18.
My Splinter I used this way:
Setup was in TC mode with Arctic Fox.
I set Temp 170°C when I wanted mild and easy vaping
180°C if needed a bit more punch and very faint clouds
with 190°C I got nice clouds, a bit harsh but not bad
anything over 195°C is starting to get to harsh for my taste and isn't used normally.
I don't know if the set temps are identical with real temps, but it doesn't really matter.
I get with that style always consitent and expected results.

Can anyone recommend some settings a for Dreamwood Glow 18 for TC mode in similar style?
Or what settings do I have to fine tune in Arctic Fox to reach my preferred style?

This is my starting point, I set it up the same way as the Predator with Splinter hoping I could use it to start the finetune from that.
The only value I changed to test sofar was Temperature.
But I tried from 170 up to 220°C, but I never got any real hot air. It got warm but not hot enough to vape.

Is use SS316 coils in the Glow.
As 510 boxmod I use a old Wismec RX200S with three new Molicel INR18650-P26A.
Running on Arctic Fox Firmware 190624.

Thank you for any suggestions or ideas :-)

chrismaddahl,

XpeeN

Hi all :)

the last few years I used a Splinter and Wismec Predator in TC mode.
I want to replicate my smoking style from the Splinter in TC mode with my new Dreamwood Glow 18.
My Splinter I used this way:
Setup was in TC mode with Arctic Fox.
I set Temp 170°C when I wanted mild and easy vaping
180°C if needed a bit more punch and very faint clouds
with 190°C I got nice clouds, a bit harsh but not bad
anything over 195°C is starting to get to harsh for my taste and isn't used normally.
I don't know if the set temps are identical with real temps, but it doesn't really matter.
I get with that style always consitent and expected results.

Can anyone recommend some settings a for Dreamwood Glow 18 for TC mode in similar style?
Or what settings do I have to fine tune in Arctic Fox to reach my preferred style?

This is my starting point, I set it up the same way as the Predator with Splinter hoping I could use it to start the finetune from that.
The only value I changed to test sofar was Temperature.
But I tried from 170 up to 220°C, but I never got any real hot air. It got warm but not hot enough to vape.

Is use SS316 coils in the Glow.
As 510 boxmod I use a old Wismec RX200S with three new Molicel INR18650-P26A.
Running on Arctic Fox Firmware 190624.

Thank you for any suggestions or ideas :-)
First of all, lock your cold resistance!
Can you go hotter? What's the temp on the display when then coils barely glows? Maybe your coils doesn't have enough surface area to transfer enough heat to the passing air?
I recommend these coils, it's a bit tricky to made them fit well (need to make sure to build them tightly onto the deck, without touching each other and the walls) but they're giving me great results, even with low temp vaping.

chrismaddahl

I am using the SS316 coils from Dreamwood.
That tip with cold resistance was helpful.

And I started reading this thread backwards and found on page 42 some very good infos in this post:

Looks very promising, have to test it this evening with some herb.

chrismaddahl,
Reactions: Franco

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I am using the SS316 coils from Dreamwood.
That tip with cold resistance was helpful.

And I started reading this thread backwards and found on page 42 some very good infos in this post:

Looks very promising, have to test it this evening with some herb.
Any idea if Dreamwood still offers the SS316 coils? Not seeing them on the site. Tempted to try some others I have. Just need to be over .10 ohms, correct?

CanikUser19,

chrismaddahl

Any idea if Dreamwood still offers the SS316 coils? Not seeing them on the site. Tempted to try some others I have. Just need to be over .10 ohms, correct?
Yes they do, I just bought them a few days ago:

chrismaddahl

I did now test the new settings from this setup . Looking very good. Only thing to change is:
With this new setup I have to increase the temperature to 210°C to get same expected results as with my splinter with 190°C.
I know this is technically just a cosmetic issue, but how can I adjust that?
(Would be cool when both vapes produced identical results at the same displayed temps.)

Do I have to increase the resistance value to produce more heat?

chrismaddahl,

Fesob_31

…how can I adjust that?

With TCR 200 and resistance locked at 0,138 ohm you can shift the temp on screen from 210c to 190c locking 0,142 instead of 0,138 ohm as cold resistance or you can use 223 instead of 200 as TCR.

I am glad you like my setup. That was for my very first coils with 5 wraps.
Now I am using the same Dreamwood ss coils with 6 wraps each, cold resistance locked is 0,140 ohm.
I usually keep the air intake half closed. If you feel the the mod can’t keep temp stable during the hit rise W or close a bit the air intake. I’d suggest the second option.

Last edited:

chrismaddahl

With TCR 200 and resistance locked at 0,138 ohm you can shift the temp on screen from 210c to 190c locking 0,142 instead of 0,138 ohm as cold resistance or you can use 223 instead of 200 as TCR.
I am using 0,125 ohm, like in your setup.
I just tested with device monitor:
With 0,138 ohm and TCR200 I get constant 40W power draw when firing and drawing, it never goes down
With 0,125 ohm and TCR200 I get a short heatup with 40W, then it drops down to almost 0, and when I draw I get a some what constant power draw in range of 15W to almost 35W, depending on my temperature setting.

I know changed to TCR220 and I think that fixed my problem. Results are now compareable to my splinter.
The next time I will experiment with air intake, so far it was always fully open.
At the moment I am way to high from all the testing to do any more testing. :D

I am glad you like my setup.
It was a really big help to have that as starting point.:bowdown:
Especially the PID setting seems very good and I would have never figured that out by myself.
And I tried without PID, that was just bad.

chrismaddahl,
Reactions: Fesob_31

Fesob_31

The next time I will experiment with air intake, so far it was always fully open.

I feel like, even if Range-P-I is perfect, having too much airflow sorta limits contact time too much, so the system is less efficient and the hit less full… I only use it fully open with a water piece.

To tune Range-P-I is rewarding but requires some skills for sure.
I can definitely relate about the testing involved ☺️

Top Bottom