Dreamwood Glow

StinKing

Hello all,

I was able to put my purchase in last night through xoom, thank you to the user who pointed it out to me. I barely missed the 420 sale announcement, but no big deal!

I was reading on here a bit and came across various info. Should I do a burn off when I receive my device? I read that I shouldn't get the coils red hot though? Is changing out the coils for SS highly recommended? What is a good mod for the Dreamwood? Should I just pick one up at a local vape shop, or order a more reputable one online?

Thank you all for your time and knowledge. I apologize for the wall of questions!

StinKing,

XpeeN

Should I do a burn off when I receive my device? I read that I shouldn't get the coils red hot though?
Wouldn't hurt. It's not that big of a deal with the stock kanthal coils but try to heat them until lowish red.
Is changing out the coils for SS highly recommended?
TCR is easier to use but harder to dial. I love my SS setup.
What is a good mod for the Dreamwood?
It depends. if you only plan on watts mod, any mode that gives more than 60w will be fine basically. If u want TCR, AF compatible mods or DNA mods.
Should I just pick one up at a local vape shop, or order a more reputable one online?

Thank you all for your time and knowledge. I apologize for the wall of questions!
local vape shop sell those? TIL

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Hello all,

I was able to put my purchase in last night through xoom, thank you to the user who pointed it out to me. I barely missed the 420 sale announcement, but no big deal!

I was reading on here a bit and came across various info. Should I do a burn off when I receive my device? I read that I shouldn't get the coils red hot though? Is changing out the coils for SS highly recommended? What is a good mod for the Dreamwood? Should I just pick one up at a local vape shop, or order a more reputable one online?

The instructions that come in the package recommend two short firings of the kanthal coils until glowing to ensure that the spacing is right and even, and the coils are firing properly. You’re good to vape after that.

StinKing

My dreamwood glow came in and I have to say...wow!

The quality of the woodworking is superb! I have quite a collection of wood vapes at this point and the dreamwood is leaps and bounds above the rest!

I just want to look at it all day! Absolutely gorgeous.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
My dreamwood glow came in and I have to say...wow!

The quality of the woodworking is superb! I have quite a collection of wood vapes at this point and the dreamwood is leaps and bounds above the rest!

I just want to look at it all day! Absolutely gorgeous.
What wood did you end up going with?

CanikUser19,

StinKing

Hello,

after reading a bit through the forum i am a little confused and hope some of you can clear it up for me.

I have noticed that in order to get the device to work best, i have to let the stock Kanth coils heat up and glow a bit and then hit it from there but i have read that we shouldn't be getting it to glow when taking a hit. Am i doing something wrong? Do you all warm up the device first, and then hit the device when you're not firing it? or is hitting it while glowing ok?

XpeeN

Hello,

after reading a bit through the forum i am a little confused and hope some of you can clear it up for me.

I have noticed that in order to get the device to work best, i have to let the stock Kanth coils heat up and glow a bit and then hit it from there but i have read that we shouldn't be getting it to glow when taking a hit. Am i doing something wrong? Do you all warm up the device first, and then hit the device when you're not firing it? or is hitting it while glowing ok?
Heat up the coils for 2-3 seconds, and then take a slow long draw. When you feel the vapor you can either draw faster or pulse the button to make stop and start the heater to prevent combustion.
Generally speaking, even if the kanthal coils will glow a bit, it's fine. Try not to reach glowing red (I don't think you can reach that without combusting with the stock coils anyways).

StinKing

Heat up the coils for 2-3 seconds, and then take a slow long draw. When you feel the vapor you can either draw faster or pulse the button to make stop and start the heater to prevent combustion.
Generally speaking, even if the kanthal coils will glow a bit, it's fine. Try not to reach glowing red (I don't think you can reach that without combusting with the stock coils anyways).
Thank you for the response!

StinKing,
Reactions: BigJr48

GoldenBud

you can also heat for like 6-7 seconds then take fast or super fast draw (40w to 50w) . extract the whole bowl sooner. higher temp requires faster draw. fully opened airflow is recommended

GoldenBud,
Reactions: StinKing

XpeeN

you can also heat for like 6-7 seconds then take fast or super fast draw (40w to 50w) . extract the whole bowl sooner. higher temp requires faster draw. fully opened airflow is recommended
Wouldn't is scortch the wood?

XpeeN,

GoldenBud

Alright, so I wonder then why my wood got scorched a bit, I made sure the coils won't touch the wood...
every glow will be a bit scortched, wood shouldn't be too close to the coils anyway, i think dreamwood should do a ss316 sleeve like in iHeat..
when i had the glow i also had it a bit scortched and it didn't affect the taste

GoldenBud,
Reactions: XpeeN

Fesob_31

… i think dreamwood should do a ss316 sleeve like in iHeat..

I don’t feel any need for a ss sleeve. The coil should be in line with the airflow… with a beefy coil there wouldn’t be much room between the metal and the wood but that metal would be way out of the airflow and scortch the wood for no reason.

Last edited:
Fesob_31,

GoldenBud

I don’t feel any need for a ss sleeve. The coil should be in line with the airflow… with a beefy coil there wouldn’t be much room between the metal and the wood but that metal would be way out of the airflow and scortch the wood for no reason.
I didn't care of burnt wood IMHO, cannabis dry herb contains 50% or more of "plant material", it's not healthy too much too, a bit burnt wood is not a game changer... I think... it's negligible.... weed is less healthy for human's lungs other than tiny layer of burnt wood, IMHO
P.S
I meant a ss sleeve like in iHeat 510. that doesn't affect airflow, won't be better for Glow too?

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Fesob_31

I don't think there is any for a ss sleeve to avoid burnt wood.
The wooden chamber where the coils are is wide and not so tall, i don't think a ss sleeve could affect the airflow. The main obstacle to the airflow Is the rim where the internal mesh screen Is located.
That wooden rim gets darker because warm air is flowing against it.

Fesob_31,

Fesob_31

On demand, no preheat. Goes full Watts for the first 3 seconds, reaches the desired resistance, then the PID in Artic Fox provides Watts during the draw to keep It at that resistance. Autofire 10-12s. The mass involved is small.
I've noticed that it's the angle of the leg of the coil before entering the post to be the metal part closest to the wood, not the coil itself, the hot part leaving marks on the wood.
If you take good care of that angle the wood will be good.
I have another unit, i've got It used from someone else for a month with the original Kanthal coils, the inside of the wood is so much worse than this.

Fesob_31,

GoldenBud

On demand, no preheat. Goes full Watts for the first 3 seconds, reaches the desired resistance, then the PID in Artic Fox provides Watts during the draw to keep It at that resistance. Autofire 10-12s. The mass involved is small.
so with a ss sleeve people can do 5-8 seconds preheat like I did, with my Kanthal coils. yes, my sleeve looked worse than yours. but I enjoy super fast draws many times. with your method you always start drawing super slow/slow/medium. with 5-8 seconds of preheat I went super fast draws, really liked it.

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom