Dreamwood Glow

PDwasmy1st

Hi peeps, is this where i can discuss these?
Glow RCV 14 - New Shape

Dreamwood

Regular price £115.00 Sale price £99.00

GLOW RCV 18 V3

GLOW RCV 18 V3

Dreamwood

From £99.00

I'm in UK, found a site , but it seems they sell stem in wood, then 1 glass tube costs £25, so I cannot buy this as wood to me is a no no for a mouthpiece, glass only brigade! and I am not paying £25 for a mouthpiece I can get for other vapes for half that, if i break one which i will that's £150, I am puzzled to why i can't be given a glass stem option? is this normal for the dreamwood? I am looking at a rbt splinter back up this seems the only viable option , why there arn't loads of 510 screw in's totally baffles me

rbt deceased
imp deceased
Stem pod too hot

PDwasmy1st,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Hi peeps, is this where i can discuss these?
Glow RCV 14 - New Shape

Dreamwood

Regular price £115.00 Sale price £99.00

GLOW RCV 18 V3

GLOW RCV 18 V3

Dreamwood

From £99.00

I'm in UK, found a site , but it seems they sell stem in wood, then 1 glass tube costs £25, so I cannot buy this as wood to me is a no no for a mouthpiece, glass only brigade! and I am not paying £25 for a mouthpiece I can get for other vapes for half that, if i break one which i will that's £150, I am puzzled to why i can't be given a glass stem option? is this normal for the dreamwood? I am looking at a rbt splinter back up this seems the only viable option , why there arn't loads of 510 screw in's totally baffles me

rbt deceased
imp deceased
Stem pod too hot
If you think the Stem Pod is too hot you may feel the same about the Glow. They use more or less the same coil tech.
As for the glass mouthpiece, the Glow 18 allows you to use any other 19/22 glass piece. You can of course use also RBT stems with them (not with the 14 though). :2c:

PDwasmy1st

If you think the Stem Pod is too hot you may feel the same about the Glow. They use more or less the same coil tech.
As for the glass mouthpiece, the Glow 18 allows you to use any other 19/22 glass piece. You can of course use also RBT stems with them (not with the 14 though). :2c:
Cool, thanks for reply, I was told the glass needs a rubber bit to hold it in and it still dosn't fit well or somthing? the guy selling them said if you don't like a wood mouthpiece I don't think this vape is for you, so now I have nothing I am interested in :(
RBT Splinter has loose bit inside which is not ideal in my pathway
Stemp pod too hot
Dreamwood too hot and not glass MP
IMP must have been too hot
but couldn't you make less hotter coils?
Is there a 510 forum, i cannot find it, swear there was one?

PDwasmy1st,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Cool, thanks for reply, I was told the glass needs a rubber bit to hold it in and it still dosn't fit well or somthing? the guy selling them said if you don't like a wood mouthpiece I don't think this vape is for you, so now I have nothing I am interested in :(
RBT Splinter has loose bit inside which is not ideal in my pathway
Stemp pod too hot
Dreamwood too hot and not glass MP
IMP must have been too hot
but couldn't you make less hotter coils?
Is there a 510 forum, i cannot find it, swear there was one?
I don't know what you mean with "loose bit inside", but you may find this thread interesting for your quest:

Good luck!

PDwasmy1st

I don't know what you mean with "loose bit inside", but you may find this thread interesting for your quest:

Good luck!
i tighened it too hard and broke somthing inside , brilliant thanks :)

Fesob_31

I had the chance to buy a previously-not-much-loved unit and ended up spending even more for new glass and wood :)
Now I have two Glow 18 with combo mouthpiece with dimpled stem on two Sinuous P80.
The first thing I was interested: comparing the coils.
I must admit I gave up pretty soon with Kanthal. Maybe it’s just me not been able to master a new draw technique but i’m used to Temperature Control and I have so much more control on the extraction with TC.
I understand that Dreamwood designed the product with a proper heating wire like Kanthal but i think it cannot match the performance I reach with SS and TC. Don’t even worth trying for me.

Last edited:

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I had the chance to buy a previously-not-much-loved unit and ended up spending even more for new glass and wood :)
Now I have two Glow 18 with combo mouthpiece with dimpled stem on two Sinuous P80.
The first thing I was interested: comparing the coils.
I must admit I gave up pretty soon with Kanthal. Maybe it’s just me not been able to master a new draw technique but i’m used to Temperature Control and I have so much more control on the extraction with TC.
I understand that Dreamwood designed the product with a proper heating wire like Kanthal but i think it cannot match the performance I reach with SS and TC. Don’t even worth trying for me.
Happy this setup is working for you.
Out of curiosity, what coils and firmware are you using?

Franco,
Reactions: BigJr48

Fesob_31

I’m using Arctic Fox.
My first unit has not changed, go to post 1049.
With my second unit I’m using the DIY-Coil Mix Twisted SS316 from Greendream shop. I did one more winding on the coils so the resistance is 0.140. In this unit I’m using 185 as TCR but with the rimmed basket screens (Not the mesh caps). I Haven’t found the time to tune the PID on this unit but I’m using it upside down, with the bent dimpled glass in the combi mouthpiece… it’s like holding a pipe 🙂

Last edited:

XpeeN

DIY-Coil Mix Twisted SS316

Coils swap in 6 pictures. Click right for the next pic.

Original Kanthal Coils 0,2 ohm - SS Coils 1,4 ohm
Don't make SS coils glow red, it might damage the coils and make you inhale things you don't want to inhale. I'm trying not to pass the stage that the coils barely starts to become red.

But anyway, how does they work? Do you enjoy the SS coils more than the stock ones?

XpeeN,

garett

Don't make SS coils glow red, it might damage the coils and make you inhale things you don't want to inhale. I'm trying not to pass the stage that the coils barely starts to become red.

But anyway, how does they work? Do you enjoy the SS coils more than the stock ones?
Is it the same for Kenthal Coils?

garett,

XpeeN

Me to, but how do you know that i dont glow, you cant see it. With technically you mesn Kenthal does not produce any gas?
Yeah it's a bit trickier with kanthal. I wouldn't worry about it that much, you can check how the coil acts when you heat it at X watts and kinda roll with that logic when you hit it.

XpeeN,

Fesob_31

Take a look at the LCD numeric display, that is red but in the picture it looks much brighter.
The LCD numeric display is brighter than the coils, the coils are not so bright. Just a bit more than a dull red but for sure not a bright red.

I can’t look at the coils when I’m using it in TC but I‘ve done sessions with the live monitor utility of arcticfox in TC and tried to design power curves to replicate the way the coils are driven in TC but without inhaling… I think I‘ve reached a good compromise between brightness and evenness of the coils and the performance.

TC is like power mode but with the limit that there is almost no way to combust.
Since there is no way to combust I can draw more freedom. I can take big hits at low “temperatures” and I’m not forced to take big hits at high “temperatures”.
Instead of adjusting the power in the device for the next hit I’m about to take, I can control the power delivered to the material with the hit I’m taking. Sounds more convenient to me.
Using the device is so easy then, anyone could use it, no worries.
Battery last longer. The wood near the coils inside my first unit, always used in TC mode, is much lighter than the second unit, used in power mode just for one month.

P.S. The name is the “Glow“… 😉

T@çh€

Forbidden to prohibit and live and let live.
Glow-18-con-tallo-Bud-Bomb-2000-y-mod-Drag-3-2022-11-28-23-25-52.jpg

Glow 18 with stem Bud Bomb 2000 and mod Drag 3

mahorosidrake

Dear members,

i would like to ask some advice about changing kantal coil to ss. i tried it before without succes. sholud i soak them in everclear before first use? the discoloration after first burnoff is normal? on what temp should i do the burnoff? after burnoff should i scrape/brush the coil while it still warm? in tc mode should i set just the temperature ?or anything else for example resistance? has anybody experience with this coil? link-> ss coil

mahorosidrake,

XpeeN

Dear members,

i would like to ask some advice about changing kantal coil to ss. i tried it before without succes. sholud i soak them in everclear before first use? the discoloration after first burnoff is normal? on what temp should i do the burnoff? after burnoff should i scrape/brush the coil while it still warm? in tc mode should i set just the temperature ?or anything else for example resistance? has anybody experience with this coil? link-> ss coil

Act like it's ecig coils. Don't red glow the SS coils while burnoff, no need for everclear or something. Lock cold resistance, do not set for a custom resistance, and just play with the TCR values (and PI, can't remember what I've set to but you can read the thread and find my old comment out).

That coil you posted is the default one for the glow18 v2 if I'm not mistaken. I don't think there's a reason to use it though because of the way the dual coils' hottest part sit over the airflow.

StinKing

Hello all,

I've been wanting to get a dream wood glow because I read good things about the device.

I tried ordering off of their website, but they require payment in the form of a bank transfer, which I have no idea how to go about doing and seems a bit sketch to me.

I tried to pick one up on a third party site, but none of the ones I found ship to the USA.

Would anyone here happen to know where I can purchase a Glow and get it shipped to US?

Any advice is appreciated

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Hello all,

I've been wanting to get a dream wood glow because I read good things about the device.

I tried ordering off of their website, but they require payment in the form of a bank transfer, which I have no idea how to go about doing and seems a bit sketch to me.

I tried to pick one up on a third party site, but none of the ones I found ship to the USA.

Would anyone here happen to know where I can purchase a Glow and get it shipped to US?

Any advice is appreciated
Just bought my first, shipped March 30 and made it to US Customs in NY in 3 days. It cleared customs yesterday and is making it’s way to me. I was at first very confused about how to make an international payment. I picked the XOOM option which is part of PayPal so easily linked to my PP account. Took me about 15mins to figure it all out but worked out for me. Stress free once I figured out the PP/XOOM option. Once you add it to your cart and finalize, he invoices you with all of his international banking info, just copy/paste it to XOOM. Wish there was a tutorial on their site, would make it a little less stressful. Hope this helps.

StinKing

Just bought my first, shipped March 30 and made it to US Customs in NY in 3 days. It cleared customs yesterday and is making it’s way to me. I was at first very confused about how to make an international payment. I picked the XOOM option which is part of PayPal so easily linked to my PP account. Took me about 15mins to figure it all out but worked out for me. Stress free once I figured out the PP/XOOM option. Once you add it to your cart and finalize, he invoices you with all of his international banking info, just copy/paste it to XOOM. Wish there was a tutorial on their site, would make it a little less stressful. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for the information! I will look into the Xoom option this weekend!

Hope you enjoy your new device!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Thank you very much for the information! I will look into the Xoom option this weekend!

Hope you enjoy your new device!
Hey if you’re still undecided about buying one of these, just know that everything showed up as ordered, including some free extras. Ordered on 3-25 and arrived on 4-10, so excellent speed considering it sat in US Customs in NY for several days. I own a lot of 510 vapes from the various popular US small batch makers. All excellent hand made vaping devices that have been workhorses for me, aesthetically pleasing and highly functional in my opinion. Haven’t had a chance to use this Glow RCV 18 yet, but out the box it becomes my most visually appealing 510 vape in terms of craftsmanship (and being a burl addict, I have a couple of stunning burls). The look and feel just hits differently, almost like they’ve managed to work some of the details of a larger log into a smaller 510 form factor. Even the finish of the wood in hand feels more refined. I went with the Santos Rosewood, so a bit more expensive than some of the standard wood choices, but the extra cost is evident. Matching wood mouthpiece came with it, and I got a matching glass ball cooling stem with Santos Rosewood mouthpiece as well. I’ll upload some pics when I get it mounted on a mod, it’s 3:43am and time for bed.

Hey if you’re still undecided about buying one of these, just know that everything showed up as ordered, including some free extras. Ordered on 3-25 and arrived on 4-10, so excellent speed considering it sat in US Customs in NY for several days. I own a lot of 510 vapes from the various popular US small batch makers. All excellent hand made vaping devices that have been workhorses for me, aesthetically pleasing and highly functional in my opinion. Haven’t had a chance to use this Glow RCV 18 yet, but out the box it becomes my most visually appealing 510 vape in terms of craftsmanship (and being a burl addict, I have a couple of stunning burls). The look and feel just hits differently, almost like they’ve managed to work some of the details of a larger log into a smaller 510 form factor. Even the finish of the wood in hand feels more refined. I went with the Santos Rosewood, so a bit more expensive than some of the standard wood choices, but the extra cost is evident. Matching wood mouthpiece came with it, and I got a matching glass ball cooling stem with Santos Rosewood mouthpiece as well. I’ll upload some pics when I get it mounted on a mod, it’s 3:43am and time for bed.
I'm gonna need pics on that chief! They are so refined right out of the box!!

buffalosoldier11,
Top Bottom