• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

Kins

Welp... after a year of using by Switch daily, it died. It just stopped working. DD sent me a battery that got stuck in the mail for 4 weeks. It finally arrived today. It doesn't work. I have to send them the Switch back. I am in Canada and my personal covid appraoch is shelter in place, so going to the post office is not in the cards. I might be able to ship with UPS or a courier that picks up. They will either give me a quartz cup or a carb cap to compensate for shipping - both of which I already have. I dont use the quartz cup I have because I prefer the 2 SiC cups I have instead.

What a shitty product.

Would NOT buy a Switch again. After mine died I checked around the web and there are tons of people complaining about their dying too. Seems like what is appears on the surface is not what is underneath. Buyer beware.

In the meantime I am using my old trusty Cloud with glass concentrate tubes. It'll be fine. Maybe preferable. The Cloud hasn't broken and I've been using it for years.

Don't place blame on the Switch. All of these electronic dab rigs have problems.

Kins,

plexus

Don't place blame on the Switch. All of these electronic dab rigs have problems.
That makes no sense.

What is a good alternative to the Switch that is not made by Dr. Dabber and has a good quality and reliability track record?

TL;DR
I only know the Switch. Luckily I have a Cloud kicking around... and, on a whim, I bought 8 3rd party concentrate tubes for the Cloud in a recent purchase - I only bought them because I have a Cloud and they were on deep discount in an online shop I use. I didn't know anything about dabbing when I got the Cloud, which was for flower use. So it worked out at least I have an alternative while my Dabber is dead. I will likely not be able to send it in for repair until later in the year into 2022 because of the pandemic. As I mentioned I am sheltering in place and do not go out at all (except to my back yard).

So, what is a better alternative for dabbing than the Switch? I'd consider getting an alternate better product and then either walking away from, or getting the Switch repaired and selling it. If it is indeed the best dabber, then oh well, poor me. My Cloud is solid. However the Cloud is not as easy to use as the Switch.

Last edited:
plexus,

DabberChase

Company Rep
Welp... after a year of using by Switch daily, it died. It just stopped working. DD sent me a battery that got stuck in the mail for 4 weeks. It finally arrived today. It doesn't work. I have to send them the Switch back. I am in Canada and my personal covid appraoch is shelter in place, so going to the post office is not in the cards. I might be able to ship with UPS or a courier that picks up. They will either give me a quartz cup or a carb cap to compensate for shipping - both of which I already have. I dont use the quartz cup I have because I prefer the 2 SiC cups I have instead.

What a shitty product.

Would NOT buy a Switch again. After mine died I checked around the web and there are tons of people complaining about their dying too. Seems like what is appears on the surface is not what is underneath. Buyer beware.

In the meantime I am using my old trusty Cloud with glass concentrate tubes. It'll be fine. Maybe preferable. The Cloud hasn't broken and I've been using it for years.

Thank you for the feedback. I recommend checking out a shipping carrier that will pick up directly from your home if this is a better options for you. Furthermore, we are happy to offer you store credit for any shipping fees paid to return this unit for repairs. We are always happy to assist you with this further if need be. We want you to enjoy the products and services we provide, so please reach back out when you get a chance. We hope to hear from you soon.

plexus

What is a good alternat
Thank you for the feedback. I recommend checking out a shipping carrier that will pick up directly from your home if this is a better options for you. Furthermore, we are happy to offer you store credit for any shipping fees paid to return this unit for repairs. We are always happy to assist you with this further if need be. We want you to enjoy the products and services we provide, so please reach back out when you get a chance. We hope to hear from you soon.
UPS is going to be $50 (that's $50 CAD = $40 USD) tand they can pick up. I was only offered a quartz crucible or carb cap both of which I already have. However if you can offer a store credit and allow me to use it for some products to ship back with the repaired Dabber, and be ok with me using UPS which will be about $50, then I would do that. Otherwise the only other option is Post which is $28 but I can only bring it to the post office when the pandemic subsides, at which point I will have moved on to a different dabber so it wont really matter.

I've been dealing with Dawn. If you are ok with the $40 USD credit hen I will gladly pack up and have UPS pick it up. Perhaps you can ask Dawn to shoot me an email to confirm. you can refer to me as "the annoyed canadian".

plexus,

DabberChase

Company Rep
What is a good alternat

UPS is going to be $50 (that's $50 CAD = $40 USD) tand they can pick up. I was only offered a quartz crucible or carb cap both of which I already have. However if you can offer a store credit and allow me to use it for some products to ship back with the repaired Dabber, and be ok with me using UPS which will be about $50, then I would do that. Otherwise the only other option is Post which is $28 but I can only bring it to the post office when the pandemic subsides, at which point I will have moved on to a different dabber so it wont really matter.

I've been dealing with Dawn. If you are ok with the $40 USD credit hen I will gladly pack up and have UPS pick it up. Perhaps you can ask Dawn to shoot me an email to confirm. you can refer to me as "the annoyed canadian".

Emailing you now.

DabberChase,

Apparition87

We have upgraded the charging fuse to eliminate this issue moving forward. Once repairs are made, this will not happen again. Any 01 or 02 model Switch units have the old fuse, but it is not a guarantee that the fuse will go out over time.

Thank you for all the feedback. Happy Dabbing!
Can you specify what you mean by 01 or 02 models? For example mine says 08 - 01** for its serial number. i blanked the last two digits out.. but do i have one of the older models? Have only had it for a few weeks now, and already had dealt with too small of holes blown for the perc but Dawn sending me new replacement glass. Just wondering if I need to worry about the fuse now too, thanks.

Apparition87,

plexus

We have upgraded the charging fuse to eliminate this issue moving forward. Once repairs are made, this will not happen again. Any 01 or 02 model Switch units have the old fuse, but it is not a guarantee that the fuse will go out over time.

Thank you for all the feedback. Happy Dabbing!
Fascinating! I bought the Switch in Feb 2020 from a canadian online vendor, so I likely have one of the older units. Dr. Dabber shipped me a new battery to try first but that didn't fix the problem. Interesting to know mine might be suffering a known issue. that's good news if true because it means having a weak-link in the design mitigated.

Last edited:
plexus,

Apparition87

Yeah I just bought mine off a canadian vendor site too.. Hoping I dont have one of these older models without the upgraded fuse. Have sunk nearl 1000 dollars into this thing so far and I have my concerns for sure..

Curios too, lets say the charging fuse blew, and ALSO a battery pack flat outright died in a switch.. Could the passthrough function still be used? Or is it basically toast?

Apparition87,

plexus

Yeah I just bought mine off a canadian vendor site too.. Hoping I dont have one of these older models without the upgraded fuse. Have sunk nearl 1000 dollars into this thing so far and I have my concerns for sure..

Curios too, lets say the charging fuse blew, and ALSO a battery pack flat outright died in a switch.. Could the passthrough function still be used? Or is it basically toast?

Have you tried running your Switch without a battery? I haven't. In my case, when my Switche stopped working, it completely stopped working. A new battery didnt solve the problem so it's something in the Switch, perhaps this notorious fuse. Try running the Swithc without a battery and see if it still works - if so, its a good sign that pass-through will still work even without a battery.

plexus,

DabberChase

Company Rep
Can you specify what you mean by 01 or 02 models? For example mine says 08 - 01** for its serial number. i blanked the last two digits out.. but do i have one of the older models? Have only had it for a few weeks now, and already had dealt with too small of holes blown for the perc but Dawn sending me new replacement glass. Just wondering if I need to worry about the fuse now too, thanks.

The first two numbers on the serial code (before the dash) indicate the batch. We started at 00 and are now on batch 10.
Older units do have the older charging fuse, but only a small percentage of these units fail. Any 05 or newer unit will have the updated charging fuse.

The switch should NOT run if the battery is not installed, even if the unit is plugged in.

Have you tried running your Switch without a battery? I haven't. In my case, when my Switche stopped working, it completely stopped working. A new battery didnt solve the problem so it's something in the Switch, perhaps this notorious fuse. Try running the Swithc without a battery and see if it still works - if so, its a good sign that pass-through will still work even without a battery.

Please shoot us an email and we will be happy to assist you with this.

Last edited:
DabberChase,

Apparition87

Awesome thanks for the info on the serial numbers I guess I have the updated fuse then. I have an 08 model. Anyway loving the switch in the month I've had it, thanks Chase!

johnychaos

How does the new marble carb cap compare with the bubble cap? I'm getting some stuff for my switch and want to get a new carb cap as well. I currently use a ufo carb cap that I got at a local smoke shop that fits a bit small but functions better than the old standard flat carb cap.

johnychaos,

rasmundi

The marble grip is too small and hard to grip, kinda like trying to squeeze a wet grape. (with similar results, except grapes are unbreakable and don't cost $25 each)

Why are there 82 different carb caps for flower, for which it suck's - and two for dabbing, at which it excels? Does anyone at DrDabber actually Dab...

rasmundi,

plexus

I am happy to report I am back on track with my Switch. The only issue in the end was about shipping the unit back and forth from canada to the US. We tried doing a battery swap first to try and eliminate the need for me to pack and ship the Switch. Coming from canada it would have to be at my expense. Dr. Dabber offered a store credit in exchange for the cost to me to ship it back. It's a challenge for us consumers when an expensive product fails and we are told we have to pay to send it back for repair - that was the crux of my beef. I don't think I'll ever get used to that part of it.

But all things consdiered Dr. Dabber was more than accommodaing and in the end, for whatever reason, the final UPS cost was 1/2 of what the site initially quoted me. Once they got the Switch I was promptly sent a private video showing the repaired unit. They replaced the 02- board with an 05- board. I am thinking mind had the dreaded "fuse problem".

Dr. Dabber actually went over and above with this. They gave me a store credit for the shipping cost but consdiering they sent me a battery in the first attempt I don't plan to use the store credit - the battery is more than enough compensation. Thanks Dr. Dabber. Sorry your early units had a design flaw but I am very happy you are taking care of your customers so well.

+1 for Dr. Dabber

Kins

I am happy to report I am back on track with my Switch. The only issue in the end was about shipping the unit back and forth from canada to the US. We tried doing a battery swap first to try and eliminate the need for me to pack and ship the Switch. Coming from canada it would have to be at my expense. Dr. Dabber offered a store credit in exchange for the cost to me to ship it back. It's a challenge for us consumers when an expensive product fails and we are told we have to pay to send it back for repair - that was the crux of my beef. I don't think I'll ever get used to that part of it.

But all things consdiered Dr. Dabber was more than accommodaing and in the end, for whatever reason, the final UPS cost was 1/2 of what the site initially quoted me. Once they got the Switch I was promptly sent a private video showing the repaired unit. They replaced the 02- board with an 05- board. I am thinking mind had the dreaded "fuse problem".

Dr. Dabber actually went over and above with this. They gave me a store credit for the shipping cost but consdiering they sent me a battery in the first attempt I don't plan to use the store credit - the battery is more than enough compensation. Thanks Dr. Dabber. Sorry your early units had a design flaw but I am very happy you are taking care of your customers so well.

+1 for Dr. Dabber

That's awesome that they went out of their way like that. Also that they sent you a video of the repair. That's pretty cool. Customer service and service and repairs/warranty are a big part are what I look at before purchase and if I want to deal with that company.

jerseydvd

Glass attachments really just boil down to personal preference. They all work great in my opinion, even the standard glass attachment. The Hive and the Sidewinders seem to be customer favorites for oil. I usually recommend the Sidecar for flower, but it works good with oil as well.

I have been using the Snowflake and the SIC insert with a Bubble Cap. This is my favorite setup right now. I have the temp set at about 500, then I crank it up to 560 for the 2nd cycle.
How much water do you put in the Snowflake attachment?

thanks!

jerseydvd,

DabberChase

Company Rep
How much water do you put in the Snowflake attachment?

thanks!

About a quarter inch above the perc holes. You want enough water for the recycler to function correctly, but not enough that you suck it through the mouthpiece. Play around with the levels to find the perfect level.

Last edited:
DabberChase,
Reactions: jerseydvd

oldfool

I have been using the Snowflake and the SIC insert with a Bubble Cap. This is my favorite setup right now. I have the temp set at about 500, then I crank it up to 560 for the 2nd cycle.
Is that flower or concentrate?

Does the coil heat up? Or does the coil produce a magnetic field that heats the cup?

I think I need a switch. Where do I go to get a deal? Senior discount?

oldfool,

DabberChase

Company Rep
Is that flower or concentrate?

Does the coil heat up? Or does the coil produce a magnetic field that heats the cup?

I think I need a switch. Where do I go to get a deal? Senior discount?

Yes the Switch vaporizes flowers and oils.

The coil does not heat up. The induction coil produces a magnetic field that is adsorbed by the cups in the heating chamber.c This heats the cups up in a very quick and precise way using minimal energy.

Ahhhhhh I dropped my snowflake recycler!:mad: Are they coming back out soon?

All Switch glass, including Snowflakes, will be back in stock around 4/20, give or take a week or two. Make sure to sign up for our newsletter to get up to date notification on restocks.

Top Bottom