Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

Just joined here... first post!

So I ordered my first e-rig this week. After doing some research and watching a few reviews, chose the SWITCH over other options because of the replaceable and long-lasting LiFePO4 battery, fast induction heating, variety of accessories, and ability to use either flower or concentrate. Expensive unit when add-one are included, but seems to do everything pretty well and it remains relatively portable around the house... I might grab a Boost EVO too down the line, if we want something more than a 510 battery on trips. Everything should be here by end of week and very excited to try it out!

SWITCH
ALN induction cup
Flower induction cup
Sidewinder & Balll glass
Bubble + directional carb caps

I wanted the Sidewinder glass but it was out of stock, so ordered the ball glass. Then found a Sidewinder at a TX shop. They aren’t really set up for e-commerce but we’re nice enough to ship it to me. According to Dr D the Sidewinder will be restocked in 1-2 mo, in case anyone is waiting for it.

I will report back in a few days after I try the new rig.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Welcome to the easy life of e-rigs...butane sucks!
I really like the sound of IH for dabs, not seen any really good IH herb vapes though and the Switch is supposed to be horrible with herb...nearly combusting as it turns your herb to coal. :2c:
Great for dabs though!

Been enjoying the Switch a lot this past week, I basically skipped the standard and advanced modes and went straight for crystal mode with the ALN induction cup... at 440 degrees I'm getting a relatively light vapor with no cough, but great effect. The ALN cup is amazing, flavor is excellent and it cleans up great with daily swabbing and 30 min in 99% iso. There was some chazzing in the middle of the cup but a few seconds with the blow torch restored it to new appearance.

I bought a few carb caps, my favorite is definitely the bubble cap. It is fragile but thankfully very cheap.

I haven't tried the standard glass yet, but really like both the ball glass and sidewinder which have both been getting some time. The ball glass has a wider air path and draws with minimal resistance, and it holds a decent amount of water. The Sidewinder is more of a recycler design and holds a similar amount of water, but the air path is smaller diameter and draws with bit more resistance.

No complaints whatsoever with this device - build quality is on point, battery life seems excellent, everything cleans easily, and it gets the job done! It's reasonable portable around he house and yard. I'll likely pick up something else for traveling, probably the Puffco Peak Pro (with ALN insert), might get a Xmax QOMO too for ultra-portability.

PS - have not yet tried to use it for flower, I know it is not supposed to be great for that. I did pick up a silicon carbide cup and will try that out in crystal mode at lowest temps and report back on how it works.

Texus

B

PS - have not yet tried to use it for flower, I know it is not supposed to be great for that. I did pick up a silicon carbide cup and will try that out in crystal mode at lowest temps and report back on how it works.

Be prepared to do some deep glass cleaning if you use flower mode. Can really impart a smell. Or maybe use the stock peanut for that and not your fancier, harder to clean glass...

grogazola

Has anyone purchased a Dr Dabber Switch from a Canadian retailer? Which batch number did you get? Definitely looking to pick up one of the Switches with the latest charging fuse.

grogazola,

DabberChase

Company Rep
Has anyone purchased a Dr Dabber Switch from a Canadian retailer? Which batch number did you get? Definitely looking to pick up one of the Switches with the latest charging fuse.
You will be hard pressed to find a Switch with the older fuse. These units were updated about 2 years ago and I don't think there are any of the older units still in the wild. Vapor.com ships from CAN if you want to check them out. They carry the Switch.

DabberChase,
Reactions: grogazola

Mr Turnip

I think I'm going to get one of these just a few questions for you helpful lot...

Any good UK stockists for the unit itself and accessories?

What do I need so I can use crystal mode?.

Will I be getting an older unit if I'm in the UK with the old fuse?. (I want the black version and being from the UK I can't see many being sold and concerned the shop has older stock).

Do I need anything else to use a dynavap with it?.

I'm really on the fence about this as I've just got a dtv5 and have many other concentrate units like the cloud Evo....I don't use my dynas anymore but maybe this would remedy that....I just really don't need one at all.... But my wife says she'll buy me one I'm just feeling a little concerned it's the right thing for me...and I'm hesitant incase I can't get any glass if I break it...

Cheers in advance

Mr Turnip,
Reactions: Adobewan

Adobewan

I think I'm going to get one of these just a few questions for you helpful lot...

Any good UK stockists for the unit itself and accessories?

What do I need so I can use crystal mode?.

Will I be getting an older unit if I'm in the UK with the old fuse?. (I want the black version and being from the UK I can't see many being sold and concerned the shop has older stock).

Do I need anything else to use a dynavap with it?.

I'm really on the fence about this as I've just got a dtv5 and have many other concentrate units like the cloud Evo....I don't use my dynas anymore but maybe this would remedy that....I just really don't need one at all.... But my wife says she'll buy me one I'm just feeling a little concerned it's the right thing for me...and I'm hesitant incase I can't get any glass if I break it...

Cheers in advance
Mrs. Turnip sounds like a keeper!

Adobewan,
Reactions: Mr Turnip

Twizzy

I've had the Switch about a week and I love it. Is it okay to soak the stock oil cup in 91%? The self cleaning setting didn't quite get it all. Thanks!

Twizzy,

EvilJay

I am trying to decide between a Dr Dabber Switch and a molecule 22 kit...I am Leaning towards the Dr D. for the induction heat and no coils to replace ...Is there a better option for a portable device that can handle a load larger than a grain of rice ? I have an Sai with titanium bucket and bubbler ..it is a nice bottomless set up but ..I tend to overload and over heat the coils trying to finish off the load ..

EvilJay,
I am trying to decide between a Dr Dabber Switch and a molecule 22 kit...I am Leaning towards the Dr D. for the induction heat and no coils to replace ...Is there a better option for a portable device that can handle a load larger than a grain of rice ? I have an Sai with titanium bucket and bubbler ..it is a nice bottomless set up but ..I tend to overload and over heat the coils trying to finish off the load ..

Induction is great, it's fast and reliable, and Switch remains the best out there. The iSpire Daab uses induction too and is less costly and hits really hard - definitely harder than the Dr Dabber with ALN cup in crystal mode, at least with both set at 440 degrees. It is more portable and comes with a great carrying case too. That said it is more plasticky and has extra glass pieces prone to breakage - but it's definitely a great option.

EvilJay

Induction is great, it's fast and reliable, and Switch remains the best out there. The iSpire Daab uses induction too and is less costly and hits really hard - definitely harder than the Dr Dabber with ALN cup in crystal mode, at least with both set at 440 degrees. It is more portable and comes with a great carrying case too. That said it is more plasticky and has extra glass pieces prone to breakage - but it's definitely a great option.
The Daab looks harder to clean. Also using induction is The Dablamp that is very similar to Daab ...Maybe with the 420 discounts I buy all three and make up my own mind and sell the two I don't want ..the price of AVS is going up 😂

EvilJay,
Reactions: Adobewan

Texus

But note that due to thermal properties of ALN and quartz, different size bowls etc with different surface area, etc it might not be a good idea to consider both at 440 to be equivalent.

Shmeese

Hello all,
I am thinking of getting the Dr. Dabber Switch but I have questions about the whip functionalty with dry herb. I am confused about what attachments I might need for a good dry herb session with whip attachments. There are so many accessories available and I am not sure about what is useful for my purposes. I am looking to avoid any water pipe or bubbler situation. There are so many things like induction cups and glass pieces that I am not sure what to go for. I got some info direct from the company but I feel like someone else might be able to help me out. Can anyone give me a rundown of what I might need?

Twizzy

I snagged an aln cup for 420 and tried it out last night. Worked great for four 10-second cycles. Then my rig died when I turned it on today. So what is your battery life like in crystal mode?

Twizzy,

Texus

I snagged an aln cup for 420 and tried it out last night. Worked great for four 10-second cycles. Then my rig died when I turned it on today. So what is your battery life like in crystal mode?
Have never had a weak battery life with any material for induction cup

DabberChase

Company Rep
You should get about 20-50 heating cycles in Crystal mode depending on temp and hold time. Make sure to give your battery a full charge and we recommend setting the temp in the 460-560 range for great flavor and clouds. You can also use the Switch while it is charging.

Top Bottom