Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

DabberChase

Company Rep
Is there any other difference between the black and red edition than the color (and maybe carb cap and dab tool) ?

Nope, just the color. All Black Switches will also have the new carb cap moving forward as well. So there is no difference besides the colors.

Midzster Rogers

Going to buy some new glass from Dr. Dabber when they are back in stock. For the folks who have used the Ball, Hive Ball, Sidewinder and Snowflake Recycler which is your go to or favorite. Thanks
I own the Hive ball and have hit the Snowflake. Not much noticeable difference in the chug, but the Hive ball has a slight something that I like better. Sidewinder is next on my list.

Justpassedu

THIS IS NOT A DRILL... MOST SWITCH GLASS BACK IN STOCK AND ON SALE!!!
Hey finally got my hands on a Switch and had a question regarding the Ball bubblecap Carb Cap , do you know the sizing by any chance? I had a custom made awhile back in 35mm and was hoping it may fit . Ty ** Edit Did a little searching and saw way back that you had wrote about 34mm , so this should hopefully be perfect .

Last edited:

DabberChase

Company Rep
Hey finally got my hands on a Switch and had a question regarding the Ball bubblecap Carb Cap , do you know the sizing by any chance? I had a custom made awhile back in 35mm and was hoping it may fit . Ty ** Edit Did a little searching and saw way back that you had wrote about 34mm , so this should hopefully be perfect .

Yes, any cap 35 mm or bigger will work great.

Morberis

I'd like to throw in some feedback here that I've got from people.

I have a large number of friends and associates who have liked the Switch but thought that it was overkill, too big too expensive. Just get a Puffco Peak. Well some of them did and now after they've been trying out other vapes for most of a year almost all of them have conceded that if you want a semi-controllable dose nothing compares to the Switch. In fact based on all of their testing one of the local stores has decided to stock the Switch. That store supplied several tester vapes that were compared against because they were sure that they had products that compared or could find products that compared. 1 of the testers is a manager, another works the front desk.

However there is 1 caveat to all of this. They can't match the pricing of the Switch when Dr Dab puts it on sale themselves which Dr Dab regularly does. So now even though they brought several in customers are discovering it, looking it up, and waiting for Dr Dab to put it on sale themselves so they can buy it direct even with the expensive shipping to Canada. At this point they're going to sell them and not restock because of that.

IMHO Dr Dab should be giving out coupons that can be redeemed at their official distributors. Which would be a great option for their customers as well since overall the international shipping costs are smaller.

Maybe there is more to that story than I know, I'm only hearing it second hand from people who also may not have the whole story.

Edit: Several of the people wanted a vape explicitly for pain management which is why they wanted consistency above most else. They did not want to occasionally get too high or alternatively too low of a dose. Too low of a dose and they needed to roll the dice again and try to take a reduced hit that would get them where they wanted to be.

Last edited:

Mowjo

Hey yall I've got a Dynavap(coil), Arizer EQ, and MFLB but have been eyeballing the switch. For oils and some flower. Would yall recommend this over the EQ with the ddave kit and a matrix sidecar setup?

Thanks!!

justcametomind

Hey yall I've got a Dynavap(coil), Arizer EQ, and MFLB but have been eyeballing the switch. For oils and some flower. Would yall recommend this over the EQ with the ddave kit and a matrix sidecar setup?

Thanks!!
It's recommended for oils, flower not so much as it seems to go towards combustion/pyrolysis with plant matter.

justcametomind,

DabberChase

Company Rep
It's recommended for oils, flower not so much as it seems to go towards combustion/pyrolysis with plant matter.

Once again, I think the Switch gets a bad rap with flower. I think most people crank the heat too high, use it once, and never try again. We have tons of customers who love to use the Switch with flower, but it does take a little while to get dialed in. I definitely recommend setting the temp in the 400 degree range with flower for a more traditional vapor experience. That being said, we also have customers who like the higher heat settings with flower as it can give you much more potent highs than traditional vaporizing or even combustion bongs can accomplish. I have also heard reports of people using ABV from other units in the Switch to get every last bit from your materials.

I personally do not use my Switch with flower as I mainly dab, but we have a couple people in office that only use their units with flower and they say they will never be able to go back to traditional smoking/vaping rigs just because the potency is no longer there. Just my two cents on the subject. I know everyone has their own personal opinion, but I don't want people missing out on something they might enjoy because others did not.

On a side note, we have more Switch Sidewinder glass dropping today!!! They go fast, so good luck,

Happy Holidays!

hd_rider

I seem to have developed a charging problem with my SWITCH.

With a completely dead battery, I can plug in the charger, the LED goes sold red, and the device reports fully charged within an hour. Strangely, at this point the LED on the charger will quickly alternate between red and green every minute or so. Disconnecting the charger, the SWITCH battery only shows a charge of 4 out of 5 LEDs. In addition, the SWITCH will only last a few sessions before the battery is dead again and I have to plug it into the charger. Of course, I can use the SWITCH while plugged in with no problem.

How can I determine if the battery is at fault or if the charger is at fault?

Of course, SWITCH batteries are out of stock on the DrDabber website, as they have been for several months.

hd_rider,

DabberChase

Company Rep

With a completely dead battery, I can plug in the charger, the LED goes sold red, and the device reports fully charged within an hour. Strangely, at this point the LED on the charger will quickly alternate between red and green every minute or so. Disconnecting the charger, the SWITCH battery only shows a charge of 4 out of 5 LEDs. In addition, the SWITCH will only last a few sessions before the battery is dead again and I have to plug it into the charger. Of course, I can use the SWITCH while plugged in with no problem.

Of course, SWITCH batteries are out of stock on the DrDabber website, as they have been for several months.

If the battery does not reach a full charge and the unit performs better while plugged in, this means your battery is starting to die out and will need to be replaced. Usually batteries should last about 2 years, with moderate use.

DabberChase,

hd_rider

If the battery does not reach a full charge and the unit performs better while plugged in, this means your battery is starting to die out and will need to be replaced. Usually batteries should last about 2 years, with moderate use.
When do you expect to get more batteries in? I've been wanting to order one for months but they have been out of stock.

hd_rider,

DabberChase

Company Rep
When do you expect to get more batteries in? I've been wanting to order one for months but they have been out of stock.

We will have more Switch battery packs available around 01/06/21 give or take a day or two. You may sign up to be notified via email when more arrive on the product page on our website.

DabberChase,

Morberis

So.... I did get a new battery under warranty earlier in Oct and the replacement battery has started to do the same as it did before, like hd_rider here. I'm not sure what you would call the use, but it's only ever on crystal advanced mode between levels 10-20 and used 5-6 times a day and is often used while plugged in.

Is there anything that we can do to test the battery? What should be the fully charged voltage? I guess I could rig up a test to measure it's amp-hours. They are lithium-iron batteries so they should last quite a long time so I'm scratching my head why this is happening.

Morberis,

DabberChase

Company Rep
So.... I did get a new battery under warranty earlier in Oct and the replacement battery has started to do the same as it did before, like hd_rider here. I'm not sure what you would call the use, but it's only ever on crystal advanced mode between levels 10-20 and used 5-6 times a day and is often used while plugged in.

Is there anything that we can do to test the battery? What should be the fully charged voltage? I guess I could rig up a test to measure it's amp-hours. They are lithium-iron batteries so they should last quite a long time so I'm scratching my head why this is happening.

Please shoot us an email and we will be happy to take a look at this for you. Unfortunately there is no way to test the battery, but some batteries may die out quicker than others. We are happy to check this out and get this resolved for you.

DabberChase,

Morberis

Please shoot us an email and we will be happy to take a look at this for you. Unfortunately there is no way to test the battery, but some batteries may die out quicker than others. We are happy to check this out and get this resolved for you.

Done.

Ok yeah I see what you mean. There are 10 pins on the top and the chemistry is NCA. Which for anyone interested in what that is, like I was, is Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminum Oxide.

The number of pins make me think that each cell has its own wires coming out and has no brains in it.

Someday I really need to take this apart.

Morberis,

plexus

Welp... after a year of using by Switch daily, it died. It just stopped working. DD sent me a battery that got stuck in the mail for 4 weeks. It finally arrived today. It doesn't work. I have to send them the Switch back. I am in Canada and my personal covid appraoch is shelter in place, so going to the post office is not in the cards. I might be able to ship with UPS or a courier that picks up. They will either give me a quartz cup or a carb cap to compensate for shipping - both of which I already have. I dont use the quartz cup I have because I prefer the 2 SiC cups I have instead.

What a shitty product.

Would NOT buy a Switch again. After mine died I checked around the web and there are tons of people complaining about their dying too. Seems like what is appears on the surface is not what is underneath. Buyer beware.

In the meantime I am using my old trusty Cloud with glass concentrate tubes. It'll be fine. Maybe preferable. The Cloud hasn't broken and I've been using it for years.

Last edited:
plexus,
Top Bottom