Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

oldfool

Yes the Switch vaporizes flowers and oils.

The coil does not heat up. The induction coil produces a magnetic field that is adsorbed by the cups in the heating chamber
My question was, are the temps you quoted, for flower or concentrate?
I have the temp set at about 500, then I crank it up to 560 for the 2nd cycle.

That's what I thought.
However the video shows the coil glowing red.
Sure looks like it's red hot.
Guess that's their way of showing the electricity flowing.
Should have chosen a different color than red imo.

How does the magnetic field heat up the titanium cup? It's not magnetic.

oldfool,

oldfool

Tell me about these metal inserts for the titanium cup. Pics anywhere?
I ordered the sapphire cup which cones in a titanium cup? Right?
So there is a metal insert for the induction to work with? A disc underneath?

oldfool,

oldfool

I have been using the Snowflake and the SIC insert with a Bubble Cap.
This is my favorite setup right now. I have the temp set at about 500, then I crank it up to 560 for the 2nd cycle.
You loading enough concentrate for two cycles? Immediate re-heat or wait a bit?
I've been doing small rips that are gone after one cycle.
Liking the sapphire cup. Think I'll pick up a SiC.
Anyone using the high $ fadespace cups?

Third day with my Switch (thanks Texus).

Self cleaning on the ceramic cup, how often? Better to use a torch so as to not work the Switch so hard?

Hate the flat mouthpiece that you have to press your lips to.
Stuck a glass tube with a silicone gasket in there for a mouthpiece.

Texus

You loading enough concentrate for two cycles? Immediate re-heat or wait a bit?
I've been doing small rips that are gone after one cycle.
Liking the sapphire cup. Think I'll pick up a SiC.
Anyone using the high $ fadespace cups?

Third day with my Switch (thanks Texus).

Self cleaning on the ceramic cup, how often? Better to use a torch so as to not work the Switch so hard?

Hate the flat mouthpiece that you have to press your lips to.
Stuck a glass tube with a silicone gasket in there for a mouthpiece.
Niiice. Mine just arrived a day early. Woo hoo. Once I am done with this work.... At least having work makes the wait for Switch to fully charge more tolerable.

Oil420FL

I'm new to Switch. It's giving me increasing temps across heat cycles. Should I be using a high first heat cycle as a preheat, then reduce the heat setting for a second cycle to dab?

Last edited:
Oil420FL,

Texus

I'm new to Switch. It's giving me increasing temps across heat cycles. Should I be using a high first heat cycle as a preheat, then reduce the heat setting for a second cycle to dab?
Not entirely clear what you are describing. Are you measuring temp with an external thermometer and finding that it doesn't stay steady? If so, I'd contact customer support, which is very responsive.

In my experience the Switch heats up so quickly that I don't worry about any sort of preheat.

And welcome to the Switch family!

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Cleaning the Switch for Dummies: Don't spill acetone onto the sides of your Switch. Just dissolved the plastic coating. Oh well, still works fine :). I do like how the mouthpiece can usually just be cleaned with just hot water, dishsoap, shaking/swirling and a forceful blow of air.

fondoobious,

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
I have the 18.5mm male attachment from Mr Bonsai, which works so much better than the crappy(and easily breakable) stock glass pieces that came with the Dr Dabber. I'm guessing that even with the cost of a whip, it's probably cheaper than whatever they're asking for the Dabber brand whip attachment. Also I prefer the side-carb as opposed to the lid-on-top setup, mainly cuz it's just one less piece. I don't use a whip with mine, just pile the vapexhale hydratubes on top.

Giving away my broken Dr Dabber Switch glass carb cap + silicon gasket. Just message me with a name/address and I'll choose a random person next week. Shipping to anywhere in the world is on me.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I doubt you could give it away even if it was not broken, there is a reason Dr.Dabber upgraded it...nice gesture though. :tup:

Phly

that cap was broken within first 10 mins of use. Also snapped my ceramic filter cleaning it with a torch (as recommended); be careful!

* I bought their replacement Sunset carb cap
* replacement ceramic filters will be cleaned in alcohol going forward

Highly recommend putting the Switch in advanced mode and burn them dabs on GRN 1 , 2, or 3 --

--P

Last edited:

Mr. Induction

Hi folks , been reading in FC for months and wanted to share my thoughts on the Dr Dabber Switch. I have multiple units here ( Focus CARTA, Puffco Peak, Water Bongs etc), but my daily driver and favorite is the switch. The switch doesn’t make me cough, even on some higher temperatures. Some Erig units fail at this point, even though the one or other is good at taste. The first time I saw the switch made me laugh, because I couldn’t believe that a cleaning of this architecture is possible 😅I also thought that the unit is way to big...I was so wrong!

But because of my curiosity I had to buy one, and that was the turning point for me. The simplicity of the unit , paired with endless battery life and a real cool inhale is superior . As for the cleaning, I highly avoid the self cleaning function when the inserts are to dirty, because I noticed that this can cause a little burn in to the side wall of the glass. I torch the cups in a banger clean and the Walls get a good iso q tip swipe.After over 1000 dabs, the unit still looks like new .....I am really impressed from this fine piece of technology.

It recently bought my second Switch (Red Edition) and hope for more glass and accessories to come. Shout out to this Forum and to Dr Dabber

Greetz Alex

Germany

Phly

I got my quartz cup today (missed 710) but this morning's flight was PHENOM. Good point on the cooling -- stock perc glass and the bubble glass both bring in some cool vapor. The switch is my do everything device and yep, daily use since she got here. I'm under the spell of the Dynavaps right now though -- who knew putting pieces of metal, glass, and wood together would be this fun?

Top Bottom