dotLeaf

Schlounky

Hello ! I have the Dotleaf number #679 and had many, many combustion since the beginning :) also, sometimes thz tanks seems to be non-existent for the dotleaf !
But.... Clement at french 'service après vente' was great, i have to say.. he send me the new tanks and they are obviously better ! But again the dotleaf don't recognize them it's to frustrating..

Will we be able to update the firmware ? It would be so great.. i'm not angry because when the dotleaf is working, really it's a beast !¡ i will not asking for a refund or what but yes it would be great if i could have a -always- working dotleaf :)..

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Hello ! I have the Dotleaf number #679 and had many, many combustion since the beginning :) also, sometimes thz tanks seems to be non-existent for the dotleaf !
But.... Clement at french 'service après vente' was great, i have to say.. he send me the new tanks and they are obviously better ! But again the dotleaf don't recognize them it's to frustrating..

Will we be able to update the firmware ? It would be so great.. i'm not angry because when the dotleaf is working, really it's a beast !¡ i will not asking for a refund or what but yes it would be great if i could have a -always- working dotleaf :)..
from what I have seen in the discord they have something in the works for the people with older units but they haven't announced what exactly that is

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
If you want a chance to win a dotLeaf 1.5, check out the giveaway post on our instagram!

Pepeluis33

@dotleaf_Alex Does 1.5 version allow to update the firmware via charging port? Otherwise, are you sure the firmware of the 1.5 version is 100% bug free? I know this device is different, but almost any e-cig mod allows to update firmware by using the charging port, I find weird not to allow it in this device.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
No offense, but some of you guys need to lose the attitude that fc is the only place these companies can/should spend their marketing budget. I saw the same nonsense when dynavap released marketing videos that weren’t designed to appeal to 60+ year old users.

The reach of discord and Instagram is several orders of magnitude greater than fc. A growing company can’t cater to a few hundred active users. I don’t use Instagram either (not generally a fan of Facebook), but I’m not going to write off a company for effective marketing that happens not to be directed exclusively at me.

Steamer

No offense, but some of you guys need to lose the attitude that fc is the only place these companies can/should spend their marketing budget. I saw the same nonsense when dynavap released marketing videos that weren’t designed to appeal to 60+ year old users.

The reach of discord and Instagram is several orders of magnitude greater than fc. A growing company can’t cater to a few hundred active users. I don’t use Instagram either (not generally a fan of Facebook), but I’m not going to write off a company for effective marketing that happens not to be directed exclusively at me.
The reality is that most of use have to keep our use under the radar. Still a lot of unfriendly countries and you run into the risk of people (or let's say a company that you work for) finding out about your love for herb. So IG is a big no go for me as well.

gordontreeman

The reality is that most of use have to keep our use under the radar. Still a lot of unfriendly countries and you run into the risk of people (or let's say a company that you work for) finding out about your love for herb. So IG is a big no go for me as well.
Yeah I get it. I am not in a rec friendly state and I’m I guess what is considered a white collar professional. Even if I did put up with Facebook I wouldn’t want to like, retweet, and follow any social media account that outs me as a user.

But when a platforms reach is on the order of literal billions you can’t fault them for taking advantage of it. Statements like “do it here or nyaaah” just make fc look naive at best and like spoiled toddlers at worst.

edit: I don’t want this to go way off topic so we should probably not continue this marketing discussion. You are welcome to pm me. Just pointing out an attitude I see here that seems pretty backwards to me.

madfunkadelic

If your names that people know you by and your photos aren't shown on Instagram or discord, how will ANYONE know it's you?? You can create a profile with a username of random letters/numbers and have zero photos. Use an alternate email address. Nobody will ever be the wiser my friend.

maremaresing

Yeah I have an Insta, but I held back from entering at the last minute because I didn't want to share it with friends. I only use the dotleaf for legal hemp, but still. I keep my lives separate. That's why I thought it was really kind of them to do a discord offering, which is also completely free to sign up for.

I'd like a free 1.5, but I'm also really happy with my dotleaf, so it's nbd either way. I'm just really furious that megamillions lottery companies require me to go into a store and buy a ticket. Why can't they just automatically put my name in they KNOW I want to win that money.

On the updating, I'm curious about that too. I get that it might be a charge only port, but firmware updates over usb should be a thing wherever possible. Granted, most vape companies don't do this.

purpletweed

@dotleaf_Alex Does 1.5 version allow to update the firmware via charging port? Otherwise, are you sure the firmware of the 1.5 version is 100% bug free? I know this device is different, but almost any e-cig mod allows to update firmware by using the charging port, I find weird not to allow it in this device.
They've confirmed that 1.5 doesn't allow firmware upgrades via the charging port, unfortunately.

Unrelatedly, I wanted to post a photo of my dL with the Bullet Bubbler attached:

Really love this combo.

By the way, for anyone else who's decided they like using the dL with its airports closed, here's a tip for snazzing it up:

gold foil! I like it when things match up :p

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If your names that people know you by and your photos aren't shown on Instagram or discord, how will ANYONE know it's you?? You can create a profile with a username of random letters/numbers and have zero photos. Use an alternate email address. Nobody will ever be the wiser my friend.

I used to think that too until people found my canna page.

There are multiple identification methods tied to these applications. Like I didn’t know the phone would cross check you with your contact list to suggest friends to you, and you to friends, among other things.

madfunkadelic

I used to think that too until people found my canna page.

There are multiple identification methods tied to these applications. Like I didn’t know the phone would cross check you with your contact list to suggest friends to you, and you to friends, among other things.
Yeah it's probably best NOT to use your own phone number... or personal email... because their algorithm will cross check that with other accounts that you've contacted through those means.... other than that, don't take photos of anything that can be tied to you so nobody can identify your cannaccount.... am I missing anything? All this info can be found with a quick Google search...

madfunkadelic,
Reactions: dimmusp

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
Pls, send a 1.5 version to any youtube reviewer (Troy or Sneaky Pete). I want to see if the firmware is working properly...
we have several youtubers that will be doing stuff for this so that should cover the "any youtuber" lol, as far as troy or sneaky peat we have not been able to get a response from them. we have been trying to reach out for a while.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah it's probably best NOT to use your own phone number... or personal email... because their algorithm will cross check that with other accounts that you've contacted through those means.... other than that, don't take photos of anything that can be tied to you so nobody can identify your cannaccount.... am I missing anything? All this info can be found with a quick Google search...

Well I did it on an inactive phone with no service plan, phone number, or SIM card. If you have any of those you’d be even easier to find. Even more so if you have multiple accounts on the same device, as many do.

I didn’t know anything about cyber security at the time.

gordontreeman

Well I did it on an inactive phone with no service plan, phone number, or SIM card. If you have any of those you’d be even easier to find. Even more so if you have multiple accounts on the same device, as many do.

I didn’t know anything about cyber security at the time.
I'm not sure if its universal as I haven't used Android in a while, but iOS at least allows you to block e.g. access to contacts for specific apps. I would think android would have similar. Definitely still a non-trivial risk giving any info to facebook--anything they can suck up for their advertising profiles will absolutely be used, but I've been able to keep e.g. twitter accounts private from folks I know irl.

Re: the youtubers/influencers thing I don't know how much value I (personally) see in Troy or Sneaky Pete giving reviews. I work for a small start up with a limited marketing budget, so a lot of our advertising is done via social media influencers, and you'd be surprised how small an influencer can be and still be working for an agency or require contracts and compensation for their "unbiased" reviews. Not saying that's definitively the case here. SP also sells so I'd have a hard time imagining he doesn't want to say positive things about products he carries. Troy's older videos seem great, but most of his more recent ones sure seem like someone who has transitioned to making a living providing product reviews/advertising to me :2c:.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
doesnt matter if the other people you know upload their contacts with your numbers or emails included, companies cant still suggest you off of that and other factors

Sour Dream,

RobbIt

Whats up everyone, So today we can officially announce the 1.5 Its real. As i mentioned, Its still the same dotLeaf with a few minor upgrades, hence the 1.5. There is a new lazer engraving on the power button side, new material for the O-Ring, It will ship with a longer driptip and also a new firmware that handles temp changes!
Hi Alex and Friends, I received your announcement yesterday. As an owner of two Dotmods, extra doors and a former owner of Dotleaf 1.0 with extra chamber, I’m glad you persevered to find solutions to the design defects of Dotleaf 1.0. If you have in fact solved the issues, I’ll jump on board again provided you offer a significant discount to us as your early (involuntary) retail betas. I believe you are a very good company that botched an important new release. The fact that you did your best to deal responsibly with the issues is worth it’s weight in gold. You will rebound !

Last edited:

RobbIt

I'm not sure if its universal as I haven't used Android in a while, but iOS at least allows you to block e.g. access to contacts for specific apps. I would think android would have similar. Definitely still a non-trivial risk giving any info to facebook--anything they can suck up for their advertising profiles will absolutely be used, but I've been able to keep e.g. twitter accounts private from folks I know irl.

Re: the youtubers/influencers thing I don't know how much value I (personally) see in Troy or Sneaky Pete giving reviews. I work for a small start up with a limited marketing budget, so a lot of our advertising is done via social media influencers, and you'd be surprised how small an influencer can be and still be working for an agency or require contracts and compensation for their "unbiased" reviews. Not saying that's definitively the case here. SP also sells so I'd have a hard time imagining he doesn't want to say positive things about products he carries. Troy's older videos seem great, but most of his more recent ones sure seem like someone who has transitioned to making a living providing product reviews/advertising to me :2c:.
I agree. We don’t know, but it’s totally reasonable to ask these reviewers “do you receive anything of value from the companies you review?”
My experience on the ecig side is that this arrangement is often disclosed, albeit obliquely.
I am not at all hesitant to ask my stock broker, CPA, retail salesperson, insurance agent or realtor exactly what their compensation is for referrals and product/service reviews. Why should this be any different !? In the age of too much readily available ‘information’, it seems to me the new critical analysis of reliability is all about identifying trusted information sources based upon their competence AND independence.

Top Bottom