dotLeaf

jasp3r

Has anyone found a fix for the issue I'm having? I recently left an abusive relationship so my brain isn't working properly and in a moment of stupidity I lost my reciept. Ever since I bought this vape I have had issues with the device not picking up the oven. At first it just drove me crazy and I couldn't understand why it worked sometimes and not others. Eventually I realised its happening because the metal pin that pops up and is supposed to touch the oven is not making a solid connection. Ok .. TBH its still driving me insane and if I can't find the receipt I'm stuck with a really expensive dud :ugh::huh: Not very impressed, issues from day one.
Try cleaning the contacts on both ends with a little iso alcholol.

When inserting the oven do it by inserting the bottom of oven into the device this sliding the top in. Hopefully that helps!

Another thing I did when I had my Dotleaf: Insert oven into dotleaf and then put a small wooden stick (like a broken toothpick) wedged on the top corner to secure the pin connection with the oven.

Good luck!!!

staircase slight of hand

When inserting the oven do it by inserting the bottom of oven into the device this sliding the top in.

I’m not sure if changes were ever made so this wasn’t necessary (I’ve got a first generation unit/oven), but the other important aspect of oven placement for me was making sure that the top of the oven wasn’t situated all the way back in the body cavity. I haven’t really used mine much, but if I was going to I’d probably experiment with attaching a small shim to the back of the oven so it didn’t go in so deep.

staircase slight of hand,
Reactions: boon

3M-W018

Update on my experiment. I got these really cool metal panels for it. I don't like the logo, I'm looking for a way to get rid of it.

I drilled out the top wide enough to take 810 drop tips, and to allow me to quickly reload capsules. I had a little incident with the Dremel and had to grind down the top to fix the damage, lol. It's bare aluminum now, I kinda like it.

2 675t
Hi, Are there any more updates on how this dotaio v2 is going and what you have done to it

Mribisback_

Hi, Are there any more updates on how this dotaio v2 is going and what you have done to it
Here's a quick demo. I have made a wood mouthpiece (not in video) and added a bigger coil. Works well, not sure it's better than a dedicated herb device though.

Mribisback_,
Reactions: 364F

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Here's some more pictures. The mouthpiece is the herb chamber. I have some quartz beads in there for cooling

Hi, after I saw your post I tried the same, using a old wood connector from a MFLB WPA I'm trying to make a convection atty, yesterday I did a coil which was 0.3ohm when hooked to my Pico, I mounted it in the wood base (with a classic positive pin connection +insulator+ 7mm SS ring negative connection), inserted, reset the resistance reading and it worked!!! Although I didn't tried to put herbs cause the wire was glowing AF at the lower setting... So I'm trying now to build another coil with higher resistance reading in order to disminish that glow issue (I use SS 304 wire L empty in the middle).

Although, @Mribisback_ I just noticed you built your convection atty using a DotMod and not the DotLeaf, isn't it?

Is somebody know the resistance number/range of the DotLeaf OG atty? Nothing in the user guide...

Mribisback_

I just noticed you built your convection atty using a DotMod and not the DotLeaf, isn't it?

Yep that is correct. I just posted here cause I figured it was relevant enough. The DotMod has a screen and adjustable wattage. That last coil is a similar resistance, and I use it around 20 watts.

The dotmod also has a similar power selection mode to the dotleaf and those wattages are way too high for herb.

Good luck man. Post some pics of you can. I'm curious to see your set up.

Top Bottom