dotLeaf

QF1994

So I've been really enjoying my Dotleaf except for the part where the screens seem to let all kinds of material through. I don't grind it super fine but I'm still getting a mouthful of bits, especially by the end. However, I've discovered the 3/8ths screens I have as a fallback for my Dynavaps is perfect between the rubber gasket and the top. You do have to remove the other screen though or you get material trapped between the two screens.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Maybe I know something that you don't? I want to temper my own enthusiasm a little bit here, because I'm not 100% sure the top ring changes resolved everything. But the firmware/chipset? I'm almost certain that resolved the combustion issues, which the company themselves has confirmed.
I am "almost certain" that if it combusts after the update ,you will only have helped that more people would receive problematic device, but you are happy to know anything i dont ,i prefer solid proof . I can be passionate about vaporizers all day without having to trust blindly and mislead people with "almost certain" ,what if the problem is not fixed. So to counter your enthusiasm i will advice people to NOT buy this vaporizer, until someone from FC confirms that he has one ,that doesnt turn into a combustion pipe on a different occasion. Also seeing how company handles people with problematic units / chambers and puts blame on users ,i dunno if i would recommend it even with fixed issues, it is just me but i wont feel nice if people got lemons due to my selfless advertising.

Last edited:

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I have one coming and I will test it thoroughly. My original one was a disaster., and they said this is just updated firmware, but in about a week I can post my findings with it, I'm very hopeful that they solved the issues.

maremaresing

I am "almost certain" that if it combusts after the update ,you will only have helped that more people would receive problematic device, but you are happy to know anything i dont ,i prefer solid proof . I can be passionate about vaporizers all day without having to trust blindly and mislead people with "almost certain" ,what if the problem is not fixed. So to counter your enthusiasm i will advice people to NOT buy this vaporizer, until someone from FC confirms that he has one ,that doesnt turn into a combustion pipe on a different occasion. Also seeing how company handles people with problematic units / chambers and puts blame on users ,i dunno if i would recommend it even with fixed issues, it is just me but i wont feel nice if people got lemons due to my selfless advertising.

Like I said, you do not know what I know. And I have never blindly been telling people to get it and there are no issues. Quite the opposite, but you only read what you want to see. How many times can I say "we don't know if it's all fixed yet because it was just released" before you grasp that I'm just a consumer.

People gotta make their own choices. I just don't want them to think that there are ONLY problems when many happy people are scared off of this thread by a handful of unhappy people who snap at everyone around them. So I give my own perspective.

The dotleaf owns. Any issues it's had over it's short life so far do not bother me in the slightest. I remain happy, and am even happier that they seem to have sorted out some of the issues so quickly.

Ya'll people have got to chill out it's just vapes calm down lmao

RobbIt

Like I said, you do not know what I know. And I have never blindly been telling people to get it and there are no issues. Quite the opposite, but you only read what you want to see. How many times can I say "we don't know if it's all fixed yet because it was just released" before you grasp that I'm just a consumer.

People gotta make their own choices. I just don't want them to think that there are ONLY problems when many happy people are scared off of this thread by a handful of unhappy people who snap at everyone around them. So I give my own perspective.

The dotleaf owns. Any issues it's had over it's short life so far do not bother me in the slightest. I remain happy, and am even happier that they seem to have sorted out some of the issues so quickly.

Ya'll people have got to chill out it's just vapes calm down lmao
I am an expert in the area of business operations and processes and an experienced vape enthusiast. I view my opinions as a service to other members. I view their shares in the same way. We all have different vaping experiences and preferences and we come from different countries and walks of life.
It’s a shame that’s viewed as a handful of unhappy people who snap at everyone by someone who claims to have ‘inside information’. ✌️

maremaresing

I view my opinions as just that. I don't owe any of you anything. I'm just here to gush my excitement about whatever vapes I'm into.

The forum has a pretty strict "be nice" policy, but even without that I'm just not into posting negative stuff about people or products that I personally don't like. "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" is a pretty good thing to live by.

Sorry if that makes it seem like I am a one sided poster with blind optimism but, like I said, I don't owe you anything.

Abysmal Vapor

@bkkbob Looking forward your review .
@maremaresing You can tell whatever you like as many times you like ,dude . I am not trying to police your posting,a ,just offering a sober perspective on the situation with the reliability reports . . Yes sure it seems you got inside info like the "fact" that there are just a couple of unhappy Dotleaf users in the world and they all come to FC to bitch about it :). IMO ,if you want your word to mean something here , it is better to speak of things when certain,but is purely my deluded grasp of this reality.
P.S Maybe i am just a victim of some kind of Mandela effect cause i am monitoring this thread like many others and your posts seems to be coming from an Alternate reality ,compared to others .

Last edited:

maremaresing

@Abysmal Vapor Of course not, and you know I'm totally ok with you personally and your posting. I don't care if my "word" means anything here it's just posting on the internet lol There are so many awful terrible things I see and have to fix every single day that this just just getting vaped and posting words about vapes.

People get really excited about whatever new console or car or vape they like and if you think they are wrong you just gotta shrug it off and let people enjoy things.

Also I don't have "inside info" just what I read here I'm not affiliated with any vape companies god how many times do I have to tell you this. :lol:

overground55

When I am weak, the Lord is strong
I've tried using the search function, and also looked online, but couldn't seem to find a definitive answer: is the Dotleaf an on-demand or a session vape? To my understanding, session vapes burn through herb more readily than on-demand, which is a concern of mine. I tend to prefer taking a hit every once in a while, so would the Dotleaf still be a suitable option, or should I look elsewhere? I don't mind the heatup time, I've read it's like 15 - 20 seconds, which is fine.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also I don't have "inside info" just what I read here I'm not affiliated with any vape companies god how many times do I have to tell you this. :lol:

haha just piping in to say I believe that assumption was made when you said "you don't know what I know" but I do know that you meant that to mean, no one person can ever know what another person actually knows, we're all just posting our opinions in this little community, all equally valuable, objectively ;)

@overground55 it is session conduction style, though there may be some hybrid effects, it is certainly session and not on demand tech here...

Last edited:

SixStringToker

Naked member
I received mine today. I've done four sessions, rotating two different ovens. I didn't get the resistance change indication that I was sorta expecting, but I also didn't have any combustions events, which is already a better track record than I had with the original. We'll see how it holds up over the next several days.

Family photo:

dotleaf15.jpg

The dotLeaf is on the left.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I'm getting a bit of an "off" taste from the ovens. It's a little bit worse with the first two ovens that I was rotating; I didn't iso or burn them off like I usually do. It tastes a bit like I imagine the smell coming off of a hot amplifier would taste. It's less pronounced on the two ovens that I iso'd and burned and it does seem to be fading (I hope I'm just not getting used to it).

No other issues so far.

I need to find a more restrictive drip tip. The dotLeaf works fairly well for MTL; there just needs to be a bit more restriction.

maremaresing

Amazing pictures!!! Please post more.

I've had the 1.5 chipset myself for about a week and it's actually pretty hard to induce that resistance error (purple light). No combustion events here on 3 of my 4 ovens (haven't tested the 4th) and it does heat up faster and more surely, so it's all good.

That long drip tip is way worse than the short one the OG had. I think there is something about the shape plus airflow that really amplifies the heat. Of course, you could cover the holes on the door to get more restriction.

maremaresing

How have you had it for a week already? Did you buy a 1.5, or have your 1.0 updated?
They had my dotleaf in the shop a few weeks ago over concerns related to the top ring causing combustion via poor pressure on the contacts (and maybe firmware idk). It was just coincidence that they dropped the 1.5 around the same time. Alex was really good to me and gave it the update treatment. I've kept it to myself to prevent giving FOMO to other posters, and a deluge of requests of dotleaf before they had enough extra chipsets for everyone.

I totally want to buy one of the silver 1.5's though. I don't even like bright silver ano and it just looks so classy.

purpletweed

They had my dotleaf in the shop a few weeks ago over concerns related to the top ring causing combustion via poor pressure on the contacts (and maybe firmware idk). It was just coincidence that they dropped the 1.5 around the same time. Alex was really good to me and gave it the update treatment. I've kept it to myself to prevent giving FOMO to other posters, and a deluge of requests of dotleaf before they had enough extra chipsets for everyone.

I totally want to buy one of the silver 1.5's though. I don't even like bright silver ano and it just looks so classy.
Oh, I see. That worked out nicely, time-wise. You mentioned having the new, long drip tip, too -- did they end up just replacing your whole unit?

Edit: I agree about the silver. That's what I'd get now, especially with that matching silver button. Though I'm a bit glad I was forced into the green; I wouldn't have gone with it at all, and I think it actually looks very nice, especially with these wood panels I've got. Green+gold+wood is a nice, warm combo.

maremaresing

No I just shipped mine without the drip tip and Alex put one on so it arrived to me presentable. I thought that was nice of him, and will use it somehow.

edit: It's not those clear acrylic ones that some of their promos show, but the POM one sixstringtoker shows, that everyone got in the recent v1 dotleafs.

purpletweed

No I just shipped mine without the drip tip and Alex put one on so it arrived to me presentable. I thought that was nice of him, and will use it somehow.
Oh, cool. That was nice of him. If you're looking for a use, I mentioned some time ago that I sanded the connection on mine down and stuck it on a Dynavap, to attractive effect. I also wonder if one could drill a tiny hole in it, without it looking bad, to make it a bit cooler.

Abysmal Vapor

:D Nice they removed the paint/anodizing around the heating chamber , but they added Teflon in the air path ,lol.
From what i see in the 1.5 is they tweaked the software but also introduce a new mini button on the inside,so i guess updating the software on 1.0 wont make it 1.5 ,but require change of unit .

Last edited:
Top Bottom