dotLeaf

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Heard dotleaf 1.5 was available in Japan with improvements. Idk what all that includes but just figured it’s worth waiting

iDRINKBLEACH,

purpletweed

Oh huh:
In that third photo, the 'purple' light that new instruction panel mentions is, I believe, a new thing. So the 1.5 is providing an option to reject a resistance reading.

purpletweed,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Oh huh:
In that third photo, the 'purple' light that new instruction panel mentions is, I believe, a new thing. So the 1.5 is providing an option to reject a resistance reading.
Would that fix the issues. Sorry I’m a bit outta the loop with the dotleaf issues. Life got busy right when every one started receiving the new ovens. I wonder why they chose Japan to open up with it? Must be more popular over there?

iDRINKBLEACH,

maremaresing

That makes sense. Also a place where stealthy vapes would be very important, right?

Really happy to see the new improvements, and the new top oring. Dotleaf has been out for a four months and their fixes have already hit the market. Pretty cool for a company to move that fast. I like the instructions on the inside, hidden away but useful.

I think the top ring is the culprit of the "random" issues, and of course the ability to reject resistance readings when hot swapping will solve all that.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
The instructions printed on the inside is very similar to their DotAIO SE version. Has a similar set of instructions on it. Its good that they are putting everything on the device itself so that no one can misinterpret or misunderstand how it is supposed to work. I like the oven and oring improvements too. Good on them for coming out with updated devices that solve the issues so quickly. Hopefully this will be the fix everyone has been looking for. Im still rockin my original and am even still using the Ultem oven. It hasnt combusted on me at all since early on, and I have been using it for around 3 months with no issues. Its still as heavy hitting as when I first got it, and cooks the material perfect every time. I just hope this newer model allows everyone else to have a similar experience!

kuzko

Whats the word for the non-discord folks? Been watching this one for a while but planning on waiting until its all dialed in. I love the oven system but combustion is worrisome.

Last edited:

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Man just when I was getting to enjoy my dotLeaf, realized I hadn't been packing it hard enough, I changed the battery and had a combustion event. Stunk up the heater and the whole house.

Read a while ago about this problem. What's tge fix?

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Man just when I was getting to enjoy my dotLeaf, realized I hadn't been packing it hard enough, I changed the battery and had a combustion event. Stunk up the heater and the whole house.

Read a while ago about this problem. What's tge fix?
Did it read a hot oven resistance when you changed batteries? The new 1.5 you can reject readings. Going to pick me up one when they are available here.

iDRINKBLEACH,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
What would that have looked like
I’m no professional and I don’t own the dotleaf but I’ve messed up with reading warm 510s on accident. If your oven was hot or warm when you turning it on and it sounds like the dotleaf will always try to do a new read on resistance that will be way to high. Combust real quick. Did you clean n let it cool down to room temp and try to let it read resistance again to see if it’s combusting.

tilroh

..............I think the top ring is the culprit of the "random" issues, and of course the ability to reject resistance readings when hot swapping will solve all that.
I think you're right. I use a rubber washer made from the oring/gasket that holds the screen in an oven. It's a pain to get in the right position but I haven't seen any white flashes since I started using it. Glad to know the problem is simply not enough pressure on the contacts.

tilroh,

Easywider

Simple is the way
I’m no professional and I don’t own the dotleaf but I’ve messed up with reading warm 510s on accident. If your oven was hot or warm when you turning it on and it sounds like the dotleaf will always try to do a new read on resistance that will be way to high. Combust real quick. Did you clean n let it cool down to room temp and try to let it read resistance again to see if it’s combusting.
Ahhhhh that's a good way to explain it, ding ding ding it all makes sense to me now. Basically taking the oven out and putting back it is the equivalent of unscrewing an atomizer and screwing it back onto a 510mod. Each time it will think it's a new Atty and do a resistance check. Warm ovens equal higher resistance. Higher resistance draws more juice, more juice makes bad smoke. V1.5 will notice this and flash a similar error to the poor connection one but it will be blue instead of white.? That sound right.. :hmm:

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Ahhhhh that's a good way to explain it, ding ding ding it all makes sense to me now. Basically taking the oven out and putting back it is the equivalent of unscrewing an atomizer and screwing it back onto a 510mod. Each time it will think it's a new Atty and do a resistance check. Warm ovens equal higher resistance. Higher resistance draws more juice, more juice makes bad smoke. V1.5 will notice this and flash a similar error to the poor connection one but it will be blue instead of white.? That sound right.. :hmm:
It sounds like it will have a resistance lock of some sort where you can let it register at room temp and if you have to swap or turn off and on it must give you the choice if you want it to read the resistance or not.

edit—- I’ll ask the dude I know with one how it achieves this feature. Oh yeah n I think you have the right idea. I’ve never owned a dot mod so I’m pretty limited on how they do things

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
Whats up everyone, So today we can officially announce the 1.5 Its real. As i mentioned, Its still the same dotLeaf with a few minor upgrades, hence the 1.5. There is a new lazer engraving on the power button side, new material for the O-Ring, It will ship with a longer driptip and also a new firmware that handles temp changes!

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
quite a good explanation

dotleaf_Alex,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom