dotLeaf

maremaresing

I keep thinking how well that silver dotleaf would take to crazy color aftermarket doors and stuff. Make it look like a gaming computer lmao. Or just go white doors for the Apple computer look.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@kineticsam I stand corrected ,thank you. Guess i got confused looking it on my small screen with the silver color, now that i see anodizing is still there . So it is good news for the 1.0 owners and it wont require changing the chip. @dotleaf_Alex You will find a few people around here that would have mixed feelings about PTFE,so i was kind of trying to joke a bit :). https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-use-of-ptfe.26813/
Good luck with your product and wish everyone combustion free journey with the new updates ;) !

Last edited:

maremaresing

Still lovin the heck out of my dotleaf. Now that post vaccination is on the horizon, I can finally think about using the dotleaf offsite.

While I love the DESCE bags, I caved and snapped up one of the BYJOJO DotAIO silcone skins.

I was expecting it to be very rubbery/grabby/unpleasant, but actually the texture is quite nice. Smooth to rub your hand across, but obviously grippier than without, especially when you close your hand around it. Total game changer for the dotleaf.

Pros:
-Even more incognito than before to use in public or take with you.
-Bottom air port is closed off with the skin, so the side air port is the only one in use. This gives a little restriction, and you can cover the slit with your thumb if desired.
-Drip Tip cover keeps smell in and dust/grime/lint/germs out. I love it. Totally critical for being on the go
-Low profile skin barely makes the tiny dotleaf larger
-Looks cool, feels very rugged and solid in the hand
-$8 is very cheap for what you get!

Cons:
-MP cover only works right if you have the DotAIO drip tip, though it might work for some others. Easily cut off if you don't want/need it.
-Swapping ovens or changing temperatures is no longer a simple process. It's easy enough to slide the dotleaf out, but more effort than otherwise.
-Can't see the light behind the back one. UI on the dotleaf is dead simple, so it doesn't bother me, and you can peel the skin off to check the button. I bought a white/GITD skin today since I like the black one so much. That you can see the light through.

Curious to see how long the MP cover holds up.

n9BdbT8.jpg

Qmiygcc.jpg

RobbIt

Still lovin the heck out of my dotleaf. Now that post vaccination is on the horizon, I can finally think about using the dotleaf offsite.

While I love the DESCE bags, I caved and snapped up one of the BYJOJO DotAIO silcone skins.

I was expecting it to be very rubbery/grabby/unpleasant, but actually the texture is quite nice. Smooth to rub your hand across, but obviously grippier than without, especially when you close your hand around it. Total game changer for the dotleaf.

Pros:
-Even more incognito than before to use in public or take with you.
-Bottom air port is closed off with the skin, so the side air port is the only one in use. This gives a little restriction, and you can cover the slit with your thumb if desired.
-Drip Tip cover keeps smell in and dust/grime/lint/germs out. I love it. Totally critical for being on the go
-Low profile skin barely makes the tiny dotleaf larger
-Looks cool, feels very rugged and solid in the hand
-$8 is very cheap for what you get!

Cons:
-MP cover only works right if you have the DotAIO drip tip, though it might work for some others. Easily cut off if you don't want/need it.
-Swapping ovens or changing temperatures is no longer a simple process. It's easy enough to slide the dotleaf out, but more effort than otherwise.
-Can't see the light behind the back one. UI on the dotleaf is dead simple, so it doesn't bother me, and you can peel the skin off to check the button. I bought a white/GITD skin today since I like the black one so much. That you can see the light through.

Curious to see how long the MP cover holds up.

n9BdbT8.jpg

Qmiygcc.jpg
I have numerous mod shields from JoJo. Great selection and durability.

Vizyt91

Hi guys,
I’m a proud owner of a dotleaf (1.5) , I recieved it yesterday and after 8 ovens I’m very pleased with this unit, robusts hits, no combustion, nicely brown abv and great effects 👍, my only cons are the price of spare chambers and the not to easy to fill on the go.
I notice the DL gets warm during sesh (but not too hot to handle) and putting a silicone case on feels to me that’s keep the heat inside instead of dissipate it, what’s your experience with it @maremaresing ?

Vizyt91

As for reliability I need to spend more time with this bad boy (and go to 50+ bowls) so I can tell more in one week I guess, but no issue for now 👍, this is a pic of my on the go vapes (eliquid and herb), classy and stealthy 🤩
FCF19E15-BDDC-4EA3-9E61-93B8D590F9C3.jpeg

RobbIt

Hi guys,
I’m a proud owner of a dotleaf (1.5) , I recieved it yesterday and after 8 ovens I’m very pleased with this unit, robusts hits, no combustion, nicely brown abv and great effects 👍, my only cons are the price of spare chambers and the not to easy to fill on the go.
I notice the DL gets warm during sesh (but not too hot to handle) and putting a silicone case on feels to me that’s keep the heat inside instead of dissipate it, what’s your experience with it @maremaresing ?
I’ve used the Dotleaf 1.0 with the JoJo mod shield. It does appear to contain the heat somewhat but did provide needed insulation during back to back sessions. The shield didn’t affect performance (which was already unpredictable).

RobbIt,
Reactions: Vizyt91

QF1994

They said they are working on it ,but yet have to figure out logistics ,about a week ago :).
Hopefully it will be free of charge.

I had to order a new oven today (dropped one of my ovens and since then it's been unreliable and whispy, my own boneheaded mistake so I just ordered a replacement) and I noticed there's a "Service Pack" listed for $5 with no description...maybe that's a placeholder for when they process requests for updates?

I'll send mine in when they offer an update, but I've found (knock wood) that it works really well unless I hot-swap the ovens. Basically, as long as I pop out the hot oven, let the device cool for a minute, turn it off, load in the fresh oven, and turn it back on, it generally doesn't combust. It's if I try to push beyond 2-3 sessions and then swap the oven with no cooldown time that I get combustion. I'm hopeful that's the solution, because I love this thing-the form factor is awesome and it just feels so nice to hold.

I also replaced the long default drip tip with a regular squatter drip tip. Weirdly I think the squatter, wider tip is cooler, probably because the vapor doesn't have such a narrow path.

@Mribisback_ sorry I can't figure out how to edit and quote. I like mine, and if the used one you get is eligible for a software update it's a great vape. How good is the deal?

Pukka

Is the 1.0 with new oven style worth getting? Found a great deal on a used one.
I've had a total of 2 combustion incidents out of ~30 bowls with a v1.0 ond the original style oven, both my fault. Vape the entire bowl before removing the oven and don't change the battery mid-bowl. Following those rules this little puppy pumps out the vapor. More better taste than the Pax 3, not quite as tasty as the DaVinci IQ2, and more vapor than both through a j-hook. I just bought 2 tan ovens and a maintenance packs, they're shipping the latest ovens.

I'm going to keep my original, hopefully DotLeaf will offer some kind of deal for early adaptors on a v1.5, if not I'm happy with my v1.

lakeup

Hello all,

i use a crafty since more than 2 years, but the battery is almost dead and i need to charge it each session, it's quiet difficult to replace a new battery, so it may be the time to get a new vapo !
i have a few dotmod box for vaping, so i know the product quality. Do you think i'll be pleased with dotleaf 1.5 ? is it worth to buy ?
i'm used to the capsule, i use only one by session, the dotleaf tank seems very big, is it possible to fill it only half?
Thanks

QF1994

You can fill the oven partway as long as you tamp it down well. The ovens are awesome but likely not the same as what you're used to with the dosing capsules. I love my Dotleaf but I've never used a crafty so I can't comment on whether you'd feel there was a big difference, since people seem to really love the S&B products.

RobbIt

Hello all,

i use a crafty since more than 2 years, but the battery is almost dead and i need to charge it each session, it's quiet difficult to replace a new battery, so it may be the time to get a new vapo !
i have a few dotmod box for vaping, so i know the product quality. Do you think i'll be pleased with dotleaf 1.5 ? is it worth to buy ?
i'm used to the capsule, i use only one by session, the dotleaf tank seems very big, is it possible to fill it only half?
Thanks
I’ve owned a Dotleaf, two Dotmods and three Craftys. The Dotleaf (when it worked properly) is a notch below the Crafty in every respect except the swapable 18650 feature. It could be 1/2 notch if it performed consistently; that’s high praise considering Storz’ 20 years of medical device innovation.

buckhakeesah

F'real this thing hits hard once dialed in and stars align. One of the most powerful, satisfying vapor out of a portable. Quick and thick vapor, but watch that combustion. I had one and know it's potential, but didn't like the idea of having to invest in new chambers, so yea, it's pretty decent if you're willing to put up with it's downfalls.

lakeup

I’ve owned a Dotleaf, two Dotmods and three Craftys. The Dotleaf (when it worked properly) is a notch below the Crafty in every respect except the swapable 18650 feature. It could be 1/2 notch if it performed consistently; that’s high praise considering Storz’ 20 years of medical device innovation.
thx a lot for your feedback, form factor, design and quality is appealing with the dotleaf, but i may be better invest in a brand new plastic sturdy bulky crafty if the vape quality is better, it 's the only things matter at the end !

RobbIt

thx a lot for your feedback, form factor, design and quality is appealing with the dotleaf, but i may be better invest in a brand new plastic sturdy bulky crafty if the vape quality is better, it 's the only things matter at the end !
Storz site selling crafty + for $223. And it includes a three year warranty (versus one previously)!

lakeup

I may try the new PAX this time maybe... my first crafty had problem and had been gracefully replaced by storz, but for both of them, i found battery life is a bit weak for my taste. if i could slip a 18650 in it it would be perfect...
anyway thanks all for your feedback, and sorry i don't want to polute dotleaf thread ;)

RobbIt

I may try the new PAX this time maybe... my first crafty had problem and had been gracefully replaced by storz, but for both of them, i found battery life is a bit weak for my taste. if i could slip a 18650 in it it would be perfect...
anyway thanks all for your feedback, and sorry i don't want to polute dotleaf thread ;)
Pax 3 is solid and a good traveler (fast heat up, large bowl and decent battery life) but it does require a smell proof case for in between sessions).
Check out the Zeus Arc GT too. Tiny, gorgeous and quality build from Germany. Silicone mouthpiece is the only downside. Battery gives me three medium bowls.
Also the Davinci Miqro and Arizer ArGo are definitely worth a look.

Last edited:
RobbIt,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom