dotLeaf

shopdognyc

Want to input that while knowingly with the issues, they sold off all old stock before going forward with the newer stock. Knowing issues with the tank, they sold those out first before moving on. I guess this is a business decision. Maybe the hope some people would not have issues, which doesn't seem to be the case.

At the minimum, they are doing better with quick responses to people, but still kind of a sour note.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: arb

maremaresing

That's not true at all. They replaced current stock with the second gen ovens as soon as they had them, and sent them out to customers for free. As soon as they heard continued (worse) issues with the second gen oven, they got to work on the black ovens, which they have a vanishingly small amount of. The thing is, they think that the ultem ovens are fine to sell, which in many cases they are. They aren't trying to foist bad stock on people, because they are dedicated to shipping updated components to people when they have them.

I do wish they would get a presence on here.

maremaresing

I want to share this crazy thing I did a couple weeks back. I think it was on temp2 with weak CBD, so I don't even know how wild it would get on temp4. I love how this leaf performs with every glass. Just a torrent of vapor.

lD3AKMA.jpg

staircase slight of hand

As soon as they heard continued (worse) issues with the second gen oven, they got to work on the black ovens, which they have a vanishingly small amount of. The thing is, they think that the ultem ovens are fine to sell, which in many cases they are. They aren't trying to foist bad stock on people, because they are dedicated to shipping updated components to people when they have them.

Mine was shipped out after the 2nd gen oven issues (triple-white-blink due to the lid being to short) were known, and now it’s unusable because of it. I’m glad they’re working to resolve the issue, but the fact that they’re still selling the ovens knowing how high the defect rate is just isn’t good business. If buyers are expected to have to go through one or more component exchanges just to get a functional product, Dotleaf should at least be upfront about the fact.

Severmore

Attempted to dotLeaf this afternoon. I can not get the new black tank to work anymore (triple white light). Moreover, upon closer inspection, the base of my delrin 14mm adapter is slightly melted and the black o-ring in the tank's lid is beginning to crumble after last night's combustion event...now I am really not happy at all.

purpletweed

The dotLeaf can be quite classy:

View attachment 5396

Now if only the fucking thing would work...

I still have not heard a peep from dotMod regarding getting replacement ovens after they sent me three additional defective ovens.

Oh man, I saw those leather sleeves on Etsy. They look so classy but seem like a PITA to use with the dotLeaf, since reloads are more frequent than they would be for a nic juice device. Do you find it slides in and out easily?

SixStringToker

Naked member
Oh man, I saw those leather sleeves on Etsy. They look so classy but seem like a PITA to use with the dotLeaf, since reloads are more frequent than they would be for a nic juice device. Do you find it slides in and out easily?
It's pretty tight. I don't think I'd use it very often with the dotLeaf due to that. I did just snag an all black dotAIO, tho; I'm definitely going to be using it with that.

maremaresing

Fast heat up times, thick vapour with little effort, consistent AVB without stirring is impressive in a conduction vape.

FWIW Davinci offers ceramic 0.2 g dosing capsules as well as glass or zirconia 10m and 6m spacer sets to reduce the size of the IQ/IQ2 bowl. Don’t quote me but recall reading in a review that the IQ bowl is .51xxx inches in diameter. Don't know the D of the dotLeaf's bowl. The link to these items are Here.

I just measured the chamber of the DotLeaf, and the ceramic chamber has a 9.75mm Inner Diameter. It sounds like the IQ spacers might be a bit too big in this case. Good lookin out though!!

Not sure if someone else had mentioned this already, but those little glass spacer thingies you can get for e.g. davinci IQs, xmax, flowermates etc fit the oven perfectly and work well as to reduce the bowl size by quite a bit.

View attachment 5310

Can you confirm you physically tried this? Thought they'd be too big? I've got an order for the ceramic spacers with davinci, but would love to know if I'm wasting my money before they ship!

maremaresing,

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Can you confirm you physically tried this? Thought they'd be too big? I've got an order for the ceramic spacers with davinci, but would love to know if I'm wasting my money before they ship!

The glass spacers from that photo I got off amazon for like 7€ work perfectly (and it says there they are compatible with the iq, I don't have an iq to verify that though). Their diameter is 9.5mm or so, and the dotleaf oven has an inner diameter of 10mm. Haven't used the dotleaf without them since I got them

maremaresing

You rock!!! Thanks for confirming for me. I might give davinci a call tomorrow just to be sure theirs are also under 10mm, since we are buying from different sources. But I feel good about this after your comment.

Even looking at the picture, the diameter looks less than the 10mm length of the largest one. But my eyes don't make the best calipers.

Last edited:

sunyata

Accessory Maker
You rock!!! Thanks for confirming for me. I might give davinci a call tomorrow just to be sure theirs are also under 10mm, since we are buying from different sources. But I feel good about this after your comment.

Even looking at the picture, the diameter looks less than the 10mm length of the largest one. But my eyes don't make the best calipers.

No worries at all! May also be worth a shot to just drop a post in the iq thread on here and ask someone with calipers to give you their oven diameter. But from the looks of it (with my eye-calipers) those zirconia spacers should work well

Deecee

The glass spacers from that photo I got off amazon for like 7€ work perfectly (and it says there they are compatible with the iq, I don't have an iq to verify that though). Their diameter is 9.5mm or so, and the dotleaf oven has an inner diameter of 10mm. Haven't used the dotleaf without them since I got them
Do you have a link or name of the product, I would like to find these.

Deecee,

sunyata

Accessory Maker
Do you have a link or name of the product, I would like to find these.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hey guys,
ordered a unit a few days ago and explicitly asked for the latest version with revised parts of gaskets and tank. I was reassured on IG that I would receive the newest version. Just unpacked it today after receiving and was a bit irritated that mine has the small stubby mouthpiece. Recent versions have a bit taller one. And, indeed, I got #007x...one of the first units ever made. The oring beneath the tank looks terrible. I contacted them right away via IG and hope to hear back soon.
My unit was shipped from France and I bought directly from them to be sure, I‘d get the latest iteration with updated parts. FWIW our pal @Unklmark68 was so kind to let me know his # - he only ordered few days ago. It’s in the 1xxx range.
But what is much worse is hearing about all kinds of oven issues... Defective chambers and even smoke on setting one.

For everyone on the fence, I can only recommend to be patient and wait how things pan out.
If you’re ordering from the EU, you won’t receive the latest updated version.

Sad to report this for now as it looks like a promising little contender. Will wait for their answer (I contacted them before via email and never got a reply, hopefully this time) and keep you guys posted!

Update on this:

Well, today I received some padded envelope by dL. I had been in contact with their rep via IG - and was told to get the updated parts that I should have gotten with the latest iteration of the dL when I ordered directly. Clearly this did not happen - again.
I received a V1 tank (the ones with the sharp lid that start cracking and tear the oring apart with ease) and a bag of 6 orings, sent from France. Obviously the EU warehouse is still solely stocked with old versions of everything...
It's sad that they don't tell upfront that I was going to receive old stock, again. I had pointed out multiple times, sent pics and asking for confirmation to be certain nothing goes wrong and that I will receive the latest fixed parts. That did not happen.
What's even more sad is that this will not fix the root cause and it's just a matter of time til I run into the same problems that have been repeatedly reported here. Of course, I got in touch with the rep again to get it right, eventually..(?). Not sure what to expect now though. Just a heads up for everyone interested and engaged in this!
Hopefully they'll get it all sorted out in the next few months and make this promising little bugger a success. It all starts with communication...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Update on this:

Well, today I received some padded envelope by dL. I had been in contact with their rep via IG - and was told to get the updated parts that I should have gotten with the latest iteration of the dL when I ordered directly. Clearly this did not happen - again.
I received a V1 tank (the ones with the sharp lid that start cracking and tear the oring apart with ease) and a bag of 6 orings, sent from France. Obviously the EU warehouse is still solely stocked with old versions of everything...
It's sad that they don't tell upfront that I was going to receive old stock, again. I had pointed out multiple times, sent pics and asking for confirmation to be certain nothing goes wrong and that I will receive the latest fixed parts. That did not happen.
What's even more sad is that this will not fix the root cause and it's just a matter of time til I run into the same problems that have been repeatedly reported here. Of course, I got in touch with the rep again to get it right, eventually..(?). Not sure what to expect now though. Just a heads up for everyone interested and engaged in this!
Hopefully they'll get it all sorted out in the next few months and make this promising little bugger a success. It all starts with communication...
Did you expected to get black ovens or just the updated ultem ?
I quoted from their AMA on reddit couple of pages back. One guy is asking when he can get the new ovens,they replied they are available. Then another guy specified NEW black ovens, and they said negative.
So they consider the same cracking oven with another lid - the latest update. And the black ovens some kind of BETAs to a possible future update. It must feel like paying to be someones lab rat.
It is damn funny how people expected better customer service, quality control and problem free and thoroughly tested product cause it is supposed to be some kind of big company. Do they play stupid or do they play their customers for fools... replacing defective shit with another.?
I remember there was a problem with one of the products of TopGreen/X-vape and they stopped all sales and warned customers not to use their device until the issue was narrowed down/solved. If they can get on that level it would be great.

Last edited:

Jah75

interest and patience waning, this might just be making an appearance in entexchange very soon (still haven't cracked my original oven, but I hardly use the thing) worst part is that I have some Stab wood doors incoming today for this 8(

It wouldn't be so bothersome except for the fact that a few other vapes I have recently purchased have such attentive and quick to act CS that its putting me in a fowl mood for less than stellar CS lol

maremaresing

Wow you wanna talk bad CS- Called Davinci and they wouldn't tell me the diameter of the spacers because "that's proprietary information". I'm keeping my order in because I'm curious about using smaller amounts in the dotleaf, but ugh.

Do wish dotleaf would have a presence on this thread. Otherwise it's just an ouroboros of complaints with no finality because there is noone here who can make it right.

I'd tell people to stick with it because it's a phenomenal vaporizer. And if anyone is on the fence about buying one they should go ahead and order one... because it's a phenomenal vaporizer. Hopefully they pull out of these bad experiences, like dynavap/arizer/vapexhale/etc did, and provide us with awesome herb vapes for years to come.

Last edited:

TedK

I have to say Dotmods response to this MAJOR issue has been appalling.
Just received an email regarding being sent a second faulty oven, I informed them of it's flaws. The response was;

In order to avoid combustion please follow these guidelines :

- Clean thoroughly both gold plated connectors (on tank and in the box) before use, everytime.
- Let tank cool down completely before using again.
- If using two tanks (or a new tank) you need to reset the device by turning it off before you change tank.

All that advice is irrelevant regarding the second tank they know exactly what the issue is, it isn't user error. But they still attempt to pass the blame on to the user. They didn't even address the cracking, but that's just cosmetic right?
Not once have they even apologised for these issues or for wasting my time, a simple sorry goes a long way. I would be less likely to bitch about them on the internet if they had done so.
While I'm at it they have lied on instagram comments stating that the issues have been resolved, they have also deleted comments mentioning the cracking of tanks.

Dotmod! The device is good, apart from the obvious, but you're making it extremely difficult for me and others to give you praise. Most of your customers have more experience in this space than you (here especially), we're not stupid! We don't appreciate being treated like mugs.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I just received another ninja order notice. This time for two PBT chambers to replace my three defective ultem ovens. That's some interesting math. I've emailed support and told them to cancel the "order" and send them to someone who may be able to use them, as I have moved on from this vape. This one is clearly not for me.

Severmore

Wow you wanna talk bad CS- Called Davinci and they wouldn't tell me the diameter of the spacers because "that's proprietary information". I'm keeping my order in because I'm curious about using smaller amounts in the dotleaf, but ugh.

Do wish dotleaf would have a presence on this thread. Otherwise it's just an ouroboros of complaints with no finality because there is noone here who can make it right.

I'd tell people to stick with it because it's a phenomenal vaporizer. And if anyone is on the fence about buying one they should go ahead and order one... because it's a phenomenal vaporizer. Hopefully they pull out of these bad experiences, like dynavap/arizer/vapexhale/etc did, and provide us with awesome herb vapes for years to come.
Don’t have calipers, but this may help?
DC233A6F-7C7C-42F2-BFF6-B431166BBD70.jpegThe diameter of the IQ2’s chamber is just a bit bigger, as the included “dosage pod” doesn’t fit in the dotLeaf...
D4E3A8EA-4744-451E-BE0B-8C4DC41F1334.jpeg

maremaresing

Oooh thanks for those photos! The iq2 definitely has a larger oven diameter than the dotleaf. :/

RustyOldNail in the iq2 thread measured the spacers at 9.9mm. That's very tight, if it does fit. Maybe they make the spacers small on purpose? Maybe the aftermarket glass ones are just smaller? Maybe the oven size on the dotleaf varies, and these will fit in some but not others.

At this point my curiosity won't be sated until I try it, so I have to stay the course. :(

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@Severmore Thanks for the photo for comparison. I assume that you own both the dot leaf and Davinci IQ/2. Question: Does the IQ/2 meet your expectations as a performing conduction vape or does the dotleaf offer something unique that the IQ/2 doesn’t?

Severmore

@Severmore Thanks for the photo for comparison. I assume that you own both the dot leaf and Davinci IQ/2. Question: Does the IQ/2 meet your expectations as a performing conduction vape or does the dotleaf offer something unique that the IQ/2 doesn’t?
They're different beasts, and both are new to me. I mainly use the IQ2 as a sipper...usually 2-3 sessions per load stepping up temps as I go. It's a great session device for my commute.

On the other hand, the dotLeaf allows me to fully extract a slightly smaller load in two pulls through glass...which is amazing! It's like a conduction version of the Hopper. But only when the herb tanks and device are in working order.

Top Bottom