dotLeaf

Severmore

A bit of an update...
I had to change the way I insert the herb tank, but I can now get the black tank to work almost every time I try.

For what it’s worth, I’ve run the black tank nightly for the past week or so. No cracking yet, and I’ve used it more than all my old Ultem tanks combined. I’m hopeful that once the PBT tanks are widely available, most of these reported issues go away.

I’m still extra careful with the dotLeaf...turning the device off between loads, maintaining clean contacts, and allowing the tank to completely cool before reuse.

maremaresing

@Severmore Thanks for the update! I'm always eager to hear testing results of the new oven. I'm baffled by how the contacts could get dirty, but I bet if you exhale a little bit, the excessive vapor the device produces could fill the interior enough. I haven't seen it but everyone uses their device differently.

I want my unit to work just so I get one of these sweet puppies from @VGOODIEZ
View attachment 5538

I bought this piece specifically for my DOTLeaf. It came in after I sold the leaf, but it is pretty great. Super thick glass and with a 14->19 adapter it works great on my hopper and FW7. I just wish the bore was a bit smaller

This reminds me of the grav taster I attached to my stock POM mouthpiece (dirty from dynavap use). It worked really well, and I bet the cooling on that stem is way better.

iT1f3WC.jpg

I haven't used it too much, because the walkie talkie form factor didn't do it for me. :p

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
@Severmore Thanks for the update! I'm always eager to hear testing results of the new oven. I'm baffled by how the contacts could get dirty, but I bet if you exhale a little bit, the excessive vapor the device produces could fill the interior enough. I haven't seen it but everyone uses their device differently.

This reminds me of the grav taster I attached to my stock POM mouthpiece (dirty from dynavap use). It worked really well, and I bet the cooling on that stem is way better.

iT1f3WC.jpg

I haven't used it too much, because the walkie talkie form factor didn't do it for me. :p

Ooo I like the use of that upline! I bet the same could be done with a vapcap spiked cooling stem, that would be much better for on the go! What o-ring size did you use for that?

If anyone wants to send me an oven lid I will do as much testing on the black oven as possible. :lol: :wave: :razz:

maremaresing

I used the very high temp orings from this listing because I originally wanted to use a dynvap tip with it (still do).
NOTE: You need this size, which is out of stock right now (probably because of my reddit post) - "uxcell Fluorine Rubber O-Rings, 12mm OD 7.2mm ID 2.4mm Width FKM Seal Gasket for Vehicle Machinery Plumbing, Green, Pack of 5"

3K0ScNK.jpg

Ironically, the orings I got fit the dotleaf mouthpiece even better. It's snug, and the three orings make it very stable. Hits are so cool on temp2 I didn't think I was getting vapor until I exhaled. Plus, I really love the flat mouthpiece of the upline. Maybe I should try to use it again.

Last edited:

staircase slight of hand

I had to change the way I insert the herb tank, but I can now get the black tank to work almost every time I try.
Changing the way I insert the tank has actually resolved my contact (white triple-blink) issues completely. I’d initially been pushing the tank down on the spring-loaded contact and then pushing it all the way into the body cavity, which I’ve discovered has the effect of pushing the tank’s contact too far back. Now I’m only pushing the spring-loaded contact down enough to get the top of the tank in, then I’ll press the top back until it’s completely seated on the o-ring, and then I push the bottom in just a bit, not all the way.

I haven’t had any issues at all since making this change. It seems like the back of the oven (I know they’re not directional, but maybe that will need to change?) could be made a bit thicker or have a nub added to keep it from seating all the way at the back of the cavity. It also seems like it would be pretty easy to DIY a little bumper strip to the inside of the cavity itself.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
It also seems like it would be pretty easy to DIY a little bumper strip to the inside of the cavity itself.
In that parts kit that I linked on the previous page, you get these strips that you could use for that. They are designed for the DotAIO to close off their air slot for a tighter draw, but it could work for what you're trying to do too. Might be worth checking out

maremaresing

In that parts kit that I linked on the previous page, you get these strips that you could use for that. They are designed for the DotAIO to close off their air slot for a tighter draw, but it could work for what you're trying to do too. Might be worth checking out
Check in your accessory kit for the dotleaf, too. They included a green version of that strip! One might do it, or you can cut and stack them. Looking at mine, it just looks like thin vinyl wrap, but at least you have it to mess around with.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Ooo I like the use of that upline! I bet the same could be done with a vapcap spiked cooling stem, that would be much better for on the go! What o-ring size did you use for that?

If anyone wants to send me an oven lid I will do as much testing on the black oven as possible. :lol: :wave: :razz:

@dotleaf_Alex @dotLeaf_Tim Still waiting to receive the updated parts. It can’t be that difficult nor time consuming - a lot of my fellow members received theirs a while ago... Am I not worthy? What an irony that I was the person to share the promo code here... Well, lesson learned, I guess.

@Easywider I hope they’ll make it right, what a shame. (Well, at least you got that tank, still miles ahead of me ;))

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
@dotleaf_Alex @dotLeaf_Tim Still waiting to receive the updated parts. It can’t be that difficult nor time consuming - a lot of my fellow members received theirs a while ago... Am I not worthy? What an irony that I was the person to share the promo code here... Well, lesson learned, I guess.

@Easywider I hope they’ll make it right, what a shame. (Well, at least you got that tank, still miles ahead of me ;))
The same has happened to me. I don't have the latest black heating chamber either. I emailed them but haven't heard anything yet. I know they have to be busy getting all their kits upgraded, their stand alone herb chambers repackaged/rebranded, etc... so Im not stressing about it. Sometimes patience is key. They will get to us eventually. Maybe send them a bump and see what comes of it. They mentioned before that they only had a limited number of black chambers made, but that more were coming soon as things are mass produced. Sometimes we have to see beyond the scope of ourselves when working with a big company. They aren't a smalltime artisan that can just make a quick one off to appease a customer. Just hang in there.

Edit: I want to clarify that I am not saying things are perfect. They aren't, but I think that's already been established. I just don't think the negativity adds anything constructive at this point. We know the issues, they know the issues. Now we wait.
As for the promo code comment...don't think you're the only one who got the code. You were just the first one to share it here. It was originally made for another group and had a limit of 10 uses. They just gave it more uses and passed it along to individuals like yourself

Last edited:

shopdognyc

I am not sure what is going on with them.

I was due spare rings and a replacement tank. Assuming everything was caught up, I purchased two more tanks.

What I got were rings plus the old tanks.

I am all for them standing behind and being responsive, but it also feels as they they are using this as opportunity to get rid of old potential defective inventory.

tilroh

My replacement ovens arrived yesterday. I was expecting the new black ovens but received Ultems. The only difference being my original cracked Ultems had a white gasket and the new ones have a black gasket. The originals lasted 4 days or about 12 sessions before combusting and cracking. After an ISO cleaning, one original is still usable. The company has been responsive to my emails. I'll ask why I didn't get the new, improved ovens.
BTW, I haven't touched my Stempod Si, Dynavape or Fury since the dotLeaf arrived.

shopdognyc

I used the very high temp orings from this listing because I originally wanted to use a dynvap tip with it (still do).
NOTE: You need this size, which is out of stock right now (probably because of my reddit post) - "uxcell Fluorine Rubber O-Rings, 12mm OD 7.2mm ID 2.4mm Width FKM Seal Gasket for Vehicle Machinery Plumbing, Green, Pack of 5"

3K0ScNK.jpg

Ironically, the orings I got fit the dotleaf mouthpiece even better. It's snug, and the three orings make it very stable. Hits are so cool on temp2 I didn't think I was getting vapor until I exhaled. Plus, I really love the flat mouthpiece of the upline. Maybe I should try to use it again.
This seems to be the link people would need

Easywider

Simple is the way

Well, I reached out to support this morning and I've already received a shipping notification for a lid. :rockon: I must say I am pleased :D
I should be up and running again soon, 10days give or take. Fingers crossed for you as well @vapen00b

@maremaresing nice find! I just happen to have an assorted case with 270 of those fluorine o-rings ( I forget why ) the hula spiked stem didn't work, the stem ID was too narrow to work with stock mp. I was able to mate a Stempod cooling stem and look forward to testing it.

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
the stickers are not for airflow, if you bend the strip you will not they are small circles. these are for replacement screw covers/bumpers

It affects my airflow a lot, like trying to suck peanut butter through a straw. When I can keep the flower off the screen it hits fine but it almost never happens
It seems likely you may be using to fine of a grind on your product if it is causing the screen to clog up significantly enough to affect your draw.

Modnote: Back-to-back posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

TedK

the stickers are not for airflow, if you bend the strip you will not they are small circles. these are for replacement screw covers/bumpers
Why don't you address the main issue, where's the new tanks? How long is it going to take? Why did you release a defective product?

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
Why don't you address the main issue, where's the new tanks? How long is it going to take? Why did you release a defective product?
Tank updates are in process, we had to create all new tooling and dial it in for the new material. hoping to have them available very soon barring any further need to modify the tooling. I want them available almost as much as i am sure everyone here does. To speak on the "crackin" of the ultem chamber, this was not experience in the small and large scale testing that was done prior to the official release and we have been working to reach a positive resolution since it began to be reported.

maremaresing

It seems likely you may be using to fine of a grind on your product if it is causing the screen to clog up significantly enough to affect your draw.
That's what I was thinking too. Hard to say since pull is subjective. Of course, I've tried just tossing herb in without a pack on this last oven, and airflow is WIDE open. But what could even be done to prevent a screen clog other than a courser grind? Many of my vapes are the same way.

Wait.. WHAT?! On the dot AIO everyone talked about those strips being used to cover up the slit in the lid for reduced airflow. Makes more sense to be replacement bumpers, in case you want to swap out body parts or whatever. Or multi use, in this specific case. I haven't needed to stop my ovens from going to far in, so I won't use it for that.

Hi FC,
sorry for the delay, had to await some account approvals to be able to continue posting. we are here and active now! will be monitoring and able to reply now.

Hey thanks for taking time out of your day to watch and reply to this thread. You can't make time for every single social network out there, and I'm glad you included us. Makes a difference.

Obviously I'm still crazy for the dotleaf, and am fortunate to have had very good experiences with it.

Deecee

Actually I use a medium chunky grind, I dont fine grind, medium always. I think the screen has too much surface area between holes. The screen gets sticky fast and any flower that moves close to it sticks to it. I also didnt know the slit in one of the doors is for airflow, so I have been hitting fully open air.

Deecee,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
The same has happened to me. I don't have the latest black heating chamber either. I emailed them but haven't heard anything yet. I know they have to be busy getting all their kits upgraded, their stand alone herb chambers repackaged/rebranded, etc... so Im not stressing about it. Sometimes patience is key. They will get to us eventually. Maybe send them a bump and see what comes of it. They mentioned before that they only had a limited number of black chambers made, but that more were coming soon as things are mass produced. Sometimes we have to see beyond the scope of ourselves when working with a big company. They aren't a smalltime artisan that can just make a quick one off to appease a customer. Just hang in there.

Edit: I want to clarify that I am not saying things are perfect. They aren't, but I think that's already been established. I just don't think the negativity adds anything constructive at this point. We know the issues, they know the issues. Now we wait.
As for the promo code comment...don't think you're the only one who got the code. You were just the first one to share it here. It was originally made for another group and had a limit of 10 uses. They just gave it more uses and passed it along to individuals like yourself
Hey Alyson,

thanks. Always good to hearing from you.
I have to keep it short for now. While I agree with most parts, I don’t think it’s demanded too much to hear back (at all). As I wrote initially, it all starts with communication. Small artisan shops can’t handle all that on top in a professional manner. dL is omnipresent on several platforms and at least got 3 reps- I’m still cutting them some slack. I tried several times to get a simple reply, still waiting for that. I’m not special, in no way, but it would be nice to be treated equally and get an actual reply instead of likes. Goes a long way. Simple and valid answers.

maremaresing

@vapen00b Good points there.

Actually I use a medium chunky grind, I dont fine grind, medium always. I think the screen has too much surface area between holes. The screen gets sticky fast and any flower that moves close to it sticks to it. I also didnt know the slit in one of the doors is for airflow, so I have been hitting fully open air.

Ok then we both have the exact same setup and usage. My screen get's coated with material too, but I pack things full. Also, to me, the airflow is great. So this must be subjective. It's not bad like a packed full dynavap or thermavape t1. Also, I notice the holes don't clog, and you can just knock the material off cleanly, so there must still be airflow there.

Have you tried any of my suggestions about using a generic screen or something? Speaking of the dynavap, the metal screens for it probably fit there. I have spares and should try that for you.

The thing I DO like about this device is I've never inhaled plant material. That screen and a good pack stops it.

Note: this isn't me saying you are wrong. I'm just enjoying the conversation and thinking up mods and possibilities.

shopdognyc

Hey Alyson,

thanks. Always good to hearing from you.
I have to keep it short for now. While I agree with most parts, I don’t think it’s demanded too much to hear back (at all). As I wrote initially, it all starts with communication. Small artisan shops can’t handle all that on top in a professional manner. dL is omnipresent on several platforms and at least got 3 reps- I’m still cutting them some slack. I tried several times to get a simple reply, still waiting for that. I’m not special, in no way, but it would be nice to be treated equally and get an actual reply instead of likes. Goes a long way. Simple and valid answers.

I agree but with my experience a reminder or persistence is required. I didn't get a response this last time for a week or so, but trying again turned a resolution pretty quickly for me. Not perfect, but seems they are trying.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: vapen00b

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@dotleaf_Alex
Hey there ! Could you post spec sheets for the grades of Ultem and PBT used in your tanks ? There is a vast variety of grades with different durability and properties,which even vary from brand to brand. I understand if you dont wanna do that but can you at least clarify things cause,sofar i have seen only one comment that supposes 230F,which some people thought it is a type-o.
What are the maximum temps that the exact materials/grades used can endure ? You claim that they can handle temps up to 140 C ,which is less than they have to endure in normal operation but do both materials durability and safety is tested withing conditions where resistance goes off and temp rise to combustion level ?(since combustion wasnt encountered in the testing phase ,was that scenario tested later ))?

Last edited:
Top Bottom