dotLeaf

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
They're different beasts, and both are new to me. I mainly use the IQ2 as a sipper...usually 2-3 sessions per load stepping up temps as I go. It's a great session device for my commute.

On the other hand, the dotLeaf allows me to fully extract a slightly smaller load in two pulls through glass...which is amazing! It's like a conduction version of the Hopper. But only when the herb tanks and device are in working order.
May be since the dotLeaf regulates via resistance,it senses draw and compensate for the cooling with more power.We can all see what are the benefits of it compared to a static temp heater either controled by power output or via temp probe ,which is way less responsive than measuring resitance,but it is also causing issues resistance spike due to using contacts. Vapes like the TetraP80 have solved these this issue by having the heaters soldered and resistance locked. THe tetra X which a 510 connection ,is known to give some people headaches due spikes in resistance due to improper contact with the mod,i've seen people going into the rabbit hole trying to compensate with tweaking the resistance instead of improving the contact,which results in poor experience,but that is offtopic ,sry.

Deecee

I keep getting flower buildup on the screen almost every time I try to vape the dotleaf. I tried leaving up to 1/4 of chamber empty and it still gets covered and clogs the airflow. Would a glass spacer help? I hope they release multiple types of ovens and keep improving this.

maremaresing

I wouldn't worry about that. I pack full every time, and get a coating of herb on the top screen every time, but it doesn't really affect airflow. Having a packed chamber affects airflow. BUT I don't know how free and open the airflow is with a less packed chamber, so what I'm used to could be worse than that.

You could replace the metal screen with a traditional screen to open up the airflow. But even my enano clogs it's screen quickly. I've also been tempted to half pack by putting an enano dome screen upside down in the chamber. It's a perfect fit.

It's not like the thermavape t1 or even the gpen conduction vapes where this coating completely clogs airflow.

@KievanRus882 welcome to the dotparty!

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
Hello FC,

My name is Alex and i look forward to being a part of this forum and being able to have this public space to engage with everyone.

We want to take some time to thank each and everyone on this site that has given feedback, we truly appreciate it and are listening. I would like to first say that if you have any immediate concerns or specific questions about your dotleaf we ask that you please reach out to our Customer Service team at customerservice@dotleafofficial.com While these forums are a great way to disseminate broad information it is still not our primary way to get you a resolution. We will answer as promptly as possible in the order we receive requests, however delays are happening as we are on limited staff due to the ongoing pandemic. We again would like to thank everyone for their patience and help through this process. We are looking to set up an AMA on here to further answer any questions you may have and keep you as up to date as possible.

In the next few days, myself as well as my other colleagues will be working our way through all of your posts here and try to offer answers where needed and correct some of the errors in information that is being discussed.

Thank you!

dotleaf_Alex

Company Rep
That's not true at all. They replaced current stock with the second gen ovens as soon as they had them, and sent them out to customers for free. As soon as they heard continued (worse) issues with the second gen oven, they got to work on the black ovens, which they have a vanishingly small amount of. The thing is, they think that the ultem ovens are fine to sell, which in many cases they are. They aren't trying to foist bad stock on people, because they are dedicated to shipping updated components to people when they have them.

I do wish they would get a presence on here.
We are Here, sorry for the delay. we are a very small team and having to work within limitations due to the ongoing pandemic. we look forward to being able to answer everyone's questions and addressing concerns.

Deecee

I wouldn't worry about that. I pack full every time, and get a coating of herb on the top screen every time, but it doesn't really affect airflow. Having a packed chamber affects airflow. BUT I don't know how free and open the airflow is with a less packed chamber, so what I'm used to could be worse than that.

You could replace the metal screen with a traditional screen to open up the airflow. But even my enano clogs it's screen quickly. I've also been tempted to half pack by putting an enano dome screen upside down in the chamber. It's a perfect fit.

It's not like the thermavape t1 or even the gpen conduction vapes where this coating completely clogs airflow.

@KievanRus882 welcome to the dotparty!
It affects my airflow a lot, like trying to suck peanut butter through a straw. When I can keep the flower off the screen it hits fine but it almost never happens

Deecee,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Did you expected to get black ovens or just the updated ultem ?
I quoted from their AMA on reddit couple of pages back. One guy is asking when he can get the new ovens,they replied they are available. Then another guy specified NEW black ovens, and they said negative.
So they consider the same cracking oven with another lid - the latest update. And the black ovens some kind of BETAs to a possible future update. It must feel like paying to be someones lab rat.
It is damn funny how people expected better customer service, quality control and problem free and thoroughly tested product cause it is supposed to be some kind of big company. Do they play stupid or do they play their customers for fools... replacing defective shit with another.?
I remember there was a problem with one of the products of TopGreen/X-vape and they stopped all sales and warned customers not to use their device until the issue was narrowed down/solved. If they can get on that level it would be great.

I simply expected updated parts like I had been told (well, twice now - but we know that by now). When my "ninja" order was placed and I received the order notification, I immediately responded and asked to verify that it's the latest oven iteration, black PBT - as there was no "- (BLACK)" behind the article listed that had been sent out to people already. No reply. I asked again and also suggested to join our community on FC. I only got a response to the latter... they'd reached out for a moderator on FC to make it happen. Few days later I received the old version that's causing all the problems - and felt left in the rain, again. Reached out to them again - no reply as of yet. So reading @SixStringToker ...

I just received another ninja order notice. This time for two PBT chambers to replace my three defective ultem ovens. That's some interesting math. I've emailed support and told them to cancel the "order" and send them to someone who may be able to use them, as I have moved on from this vape. This one is clearly not for me.
... I can totally feel you. I'm sorry that you had to deal with all this on top of your plate - sad to see you leave, but I totally understand. Let's see how this turns out for me..
So, today I got my replacement chamber in the mail — but it turned out to be one of the Ultem ones. I reached out to customer service and just received an order confirmation for the black chamber. Woo!
Very happy for you and all the other guys and gals that got served (after having the same problems and same shipments..). May I ask what we're your magic words?

I just saw that @dotleaf_Alex joined the forum - welcome to FC! Good to see you here. Hopefully this will make communication and statements more reliable (contact on IG has been with another rep) and bring some tailwind to help fix things for everyone involved. One can only hope.. still staying positive.

Last edited:

SmokeDogg

So I received yesterday:
- 1x PBT tank (black lid o-ring, metal screen between that o-ring and the lid, higher up in the lid and not inside the o-ring)
- 1x gasket o-ring (received already two new gasket o-rings a while back)
- 1x larger mouthpiece

I was excited, switched to the new gasket o-ring to make sure everything from this delivery is used.
I packed the new PBT tank, closed the lid, inserted into dotleaf, clicked 3 times and...white led blinks 3 times.
I switched to the old tank, turn device on, works fine. I again switched to the new PBT tank, 3x white led.

Regardless of tank in use, if I pull the tank down with my fingers and switch on, it works.

I decided to take a closer look at both tanks. While the tanks seems to be exactly the same height, the oven lids are not. So I switched the lids (old lid, new PBT tank) and it worked for one session.

Also to me it seems like the PBT material is way softer then Ultem. It allows the upper area of the tank (below the lid) to be compressed a lot resulting in some sort of connection issue with the spring loaded pin below the tank.

Second session I had to run on the old tank but also had issues with the old tank not being recognized.

I read on redit and here to wait a bit to allow for normalization of the tank's heating element resistance. Is that what I was experiencing yesterday?

Such a great vape, when it works :(

SmokeDogg

At first, once assembled, I was getting 3 white blinks of the light...indicating the herb tank was not inserted??? Uh Oh!

However, after a quick email and some subsequent cleaning around the bottom spring loaded connection with Isopropyl alcohol, all is good! Happy to be sending it, once again 8 )
Glad @Severmore posted this. I did the same, cleaning the spring loaded pin with ISO made both tanks work again. The pin looked very clean prior to me scrubbing it with ISO on cotton but after letting it dry for 20 mins, both ovens work as expected.
Maybe Dotmod just needs to let people know that this pin is something that needs care on a regular cadence.
In the e-cig world, this is a no-brainer as liquid can leak out of the tank but new to dry herb vapes afaik.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Just got my replacement black oven in the mail. Unfortunately, it did not come with an oven lid :hmm::hmm:so my unit is still unusable. I tossed my old chamber in the garbage after multiple combustion events so I’m shit out of luck here, again. :huh:

6FB4B0AA-CC9A-4117-BEF4-CA66A0860618.jpeg

Last edited:

maremaresing

@dotleaf_Alex Welcome to FC and thanks for joining the conversation. I think even a little interaction would go a long way.

Today I was playing around and realized that the dotleaf literally hides in a wallet. I keep overestimating it's size.

j8uOOkK.jpg

maremaresing,

maremaresing

@Easywider Whoa what is that? Looks like it would make a sweet cooling stem.

Edit: Looks like this, and definitely something I'll keep an eye on. https://vgoodiez.com/collections/re...e-vigreux-glass-cooling-stem-by-phineas-glass

So all this time I've been wrong when saying the oven capacity was .13-.15g . Today I wanted to see how many dynavap bowls fit in my dotleaf, so I packed a vapcap up and weighed what was in it. Unlike last time, I used a really accurate scale, and the the dynavap holds .11 of (really dry) cbd. I then put that in the dotleaf oven packed like normal, and it only filled up half the oven!

"That can't be right" I thought, so I filled it all the way packed like normal, then dumped that on the scale. IT WAS .226 GRAMS WTF DOTMOD. This stuff is pretty dry, too, so maybe fresh material would be heavier? Course grind and everything. I even went to check my scale's calibration after just in case, and it was dead on.

.226 g?! No wonder it hits like a commuter train. :o

Last edited:

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
I take it this is a “do not buy” for now? Even with the new black ovens?

What a shame.

I mean yeah probably. I still have mine, I still enjoy mine very much, I have the first oven iteration and I have zero problems with cracks, the only issue is that that o-ring clearly isn't gonna live forever. I'm almost thinking dotleaf should go back to their first oven (has this version cracked for anyone by the way?!) and just ship it with 200 o-rings. But if I was reading the thread today and hadn't bought it, chances would be extremely slim I'd buy it now.

maremaresing

Don't buy unless you are willing to take the risk that you might get a defective oven and need to sort out replacements. I have three flawless ovens, and only one of them has even minor cracks (gen1 that I've documented here). 2 from the first batch, 1 from the second. I also had a 4th oven that exhibited the dramatic cracks and combustion. My original oring is still great. YMMV, of course.

So you are far from guaranteed a bad experience, but need to be prepared to roll with the punches on a new product if you do.

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
just ship it with 200 o-rings.
If you need oring replacements, I can confirm that the oring included in the DotAIO service pack do work

Just be sure to select DOTAIO as the service pack you want as there are several different service packs available

Top Bottom