Do you like coffee?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
How Mixing Cannabis And Caffeine Can Affect Your High

More research needs to be conducted in order to understand how these two elements work ltogether, but most anecdotal evidence says that the pairing of these two results in a high that’s unlike any other.
I may come back and read the article later, but I have some strong anecdotal evidence of my own!
:)
Just gotta keep the caffeine to reasonable levels so I don't start vibrating.

Mono Loco

Funny, I don't drink coffee but coffee ice cream is one of my favorites ... especially Ben-n-Jerry's "Coffee-Coffee - Buzz, Buzz, Buzz" which has bits of chocolate that are dusted with ground coffee beans. I also enjoy Tiramisu (which, I think, is coffee-ish). My wife enjoys coffee and I researched a bit and decided to get her an AeroPress - she loves it. Every once in a while, I'll take a sip of hers (she drinks it black) and it always reminds me of an ashtray ... icky! My mother was a heavy smoker (she quit two years ago, when her doctor put her on 24/7 Oxygen and she is now tethered on a leash ... damn addiction!) anyway ... she always had breath that was a mixture of coffee and cigarettes when I was growing up. I think that is what turned me off to coffee ... but not coffee ice cream! I also never smoked tobacco. Once in a blue moon, I'll take a drag from my nephew's cancerette when we're shooting pool (and wetting our whistles with copious amounts of water flavored with barley and hops) ... it gets me dizzy AF and I'm blitzed for a few seconds. I do not find it pleasant ... and yet I still do it every few years, it seems.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
e38e1600643d1891434078f0e6adb8fdc9a26353542d755f2011acff6673500e.gif

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
How often do you throw caution to the wind and have a late evening coffee? It's 8 o'clock and I'm having one with my session and dang is it satisfying 😋 I've been cutting back on coffee lately in a attempt to get some better sleep 😴 after a month of cutting back to one a day first thing in the morning, I didn't notice any beneficial improvements to my sleep and a harder time getting though the day, though I found I had a better appetite so I'll be working on finding a balance. All I know is this has been extremely satisfying dam

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
How often do you throw caution to the wind and have a late evening coffee? It's 8 o'clock and I'm having one with my session and dang is it satisfying 😋 I've been cutting back on coffee lately in a attempt to get some better sleep 😴 after a month of cutting back to one a day first thing in the morning, I didn't notice any beneficial improvements to my sleep and a harder time getting though the day, though I found I had a better appetite so I'll be working on finding a balance. All I know is this has been extremely satisfying dam
I drink a whole pot in the morning, but if I have any after 5:00 PM or so I may have trouble sleeping, and I am up till 2:00 AM at least which is like 9 hours later. If I want something hot later at night I drink hot chocolate or caffeine free tea.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Someone gave me a Keurig machine recently.

Now I just feel like a bourgeoisie asshole with this contraption.

It is convenient though :shrug:
Maybe see if there is any after market reusable cups worth getting? If you can fill those cups with your favorite normal beans, then you don't create waste and pay $$ for the cups and perhaps enjoy your DD coffee with all the convenience. Then get a variety pack of Kering cups for guests who want the bourgeoisie experience. ;)

BTW, I'm a french press guy. But the down side is a little of the finer bits at the bottom of the cup. Not a biggie for me. Just don't drink that last sip.
Coffee brewing music.

MinnBobber

Maybe see if there is any after market reusable cups worth getting? If you can fill those cups with your favorite normal beans, then you don't create waste and pay $$ for the cups and perhaps enjoy your DD coffee with all the convenience. Then get a variety pack of Kering cups for guests who want the bourgeoisie experience. ;)

BTW, I'm a french press guy. But the down side is a little of the finer bits at the bottom of the cup. Not a biggie for me. Just don't drink that last sip.
Coffee brewing music.

Would a French Press work with cream and buds or ABV , for an infused cream??

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Currently drinking this stuff and its fucking amazing. Highly recommended coffee!

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Funny, I just saw this article on doing ABV infusion to butter or coconut oil using an espresso Moka pot.

Moka pot ABV Infusion

Makes me wonder what would happen if you just mix in some ABV with the ground espresso and just do the usual Moka heat up process ... might just give it a try

For those not familiar with Moka coffee pot operation see below ...

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Maybe see if there is any after market reusable cups worth getting? If you can fill those cups with your favorite normal beans

There are, and I have a couple different kinds, and use them for both coffee and tea.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-153f.jpg

The purple one on the left uses the little paper filters, and the one on the right uses a permanent wire mesh screen. I tend to use the paper filter one for tea, and the metal mesh one for coffee (because the tea is a pain in the ass to clean out of the bottom of the permanent metal screen one). Plus, I have a box of about 70 starbucks k-cups I was given by the friend who gave me the keurig.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

IDK but I've heard fat content matters. ABV is considered decarbed. However,. Most recipes that I've seen are about infusing with the cream first. Then adding your cold coffee.
Another factor to KIM is what temp you are using for the extraction, if you plan on using the french press with the goodies as a direct means of extraction.

Not food related, but I have done hot ISO extraction with a press before. But you have to really keep squeezing down to get that last bit of goodness out.
There are, and I have and use them for both coffee and tea.
Nice! Best of both choices and tea as well. If i was using just the commercial cups alone, I'd feel like I'm working at an office. But with reusables, you can get the right portion and have it ready for the AM. Might be worthwhile to play with the water temps for best extraction?

As far as electrical appliances. Owned several Mr Coffee types and actual Mr Coffee machines and find a french press much easier to clean. But you have to clean it every time or mold forms. And you have to drink your all coffee before it gets cold. But then again I don't have to turn off any switch after the coffee has been made and have that worry as to whether I turned the appliance off or not. Just like most of my vapes. :D

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: macbill

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
find a french press much easier to clean. But you have to clean it every time or mold forms. And you have to drink your all coffee before it gets cold. But then again I don't have to turn off any switch after the coffee has been made and have that worry as to whether I turned the appliance off or not. Just like most of my vapes. :D

thats why i switched to an aeropress, im terrible at keeping things clean and coffee goes mouldy so quickly. thats obviously my failing tho, not down to the french press itself :)

an aeropress never gets dirty under standard usage and that works so well for me :)

EDIT: Tho I do have my eyes on a Gaggia proper espresso maker. One day, one day...

Last edited:

Meditation

One of my favourite things is what I call a ‘lightning bolt’ its a double riztretto a big spoonful of bho infused coconut oil (or a handful of caps) and a spoonful of maple syrup...hits me like a fucking hammer...I’ve paid for chemicals that have not hit me as hard! Can’t do them too often as high doses of coffee sends me a bit mental but I look forward to the times I do and I make sure I’m off work the next day!

CuckFumbustion

an aeropress never gets dirty under standard usage and that works so well for me :)

Yea, I prefer glass and letting my grounds steep in the water when I'm at home. But for camping or travel an aeropress sounds great. Just get hot enough water and press into your travel mug.

Have a screen like attachment that fits into an open mouthed nalgene bottle. So when I backpack, I'll fill that inside basket with ground coffee and insert it in the nalgene bottle, fill the nalgene with water. And close the lid. My walking and/or biking shake things up enough on the thru hike along the way. So I know when I'm farther into the walk or bike and ready for a break. I'ts GTG. And cold brewed coffee is less acidic.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Have a screen like attachment that fits into an open mouthed nalgene bottle. So when I backpack, I'll fill that inside basket with ground coffee and insert it in the nalgene bottle, fill the nalgene with water. And close the lid. My walking and/or biking shake things up enough on the thru hike along the way. So I know when I'm farther into the walk or bike and ready for a break. I'ts GTG. And cold brewed coffee is less acidic.

What a great idea! :)

Top Bottom