Do you like coffee?

biohacker

I fucking LOVE coffee, too much... like weed... and presently on day 2 of my T-break from it :rofl:

I do the pour over method, used to do french press, but now I wanna read through this thread because i'm thinking it's time for the Aeropress!

What do you think? Is it worth it? I like STRONG coffee, like espresso..

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I fucking LOVE coffee, too much... like weed... and presently on day 2 of my T-break from it :rofl:

I do the pour over method, used to do french press, but now I wanna read through this thread because i'm thinking it's time for the Aeropress!

What do you think? Is it worth it? I like STRONG coffee, like espresso..

Yes, def worth giving an aeropress a go I think. They are too cheap not to. However, they're arent hugely different from using a V60/pour over IMHO. Tho I prefer the aeropress personally but a lot of that might be down to the process/method.

For me, its less paper, less hassle, and that POP that happens when you eject the puck and the filter :)

Metal reusable filters are available for the aeropress and give a slightly different coffee experience.

I'd say aeropress, plus paper filters, plus trying a metal filter, is well worth a go.

EDIT: I tried multiple different metal filters btw, lots of different styles available. Basically, dont write off a metal filter just because you try a shit one. Its worth trying a few of the different ones. Sadly, I forget which one I ended up liking :) I;ve only gone back to an Aeropress in the last month or so after using a V60 for a year or two, dont know what happened to the metal filter I had but I'm back on paper.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Today's drug purchase...

biohacker

Today's drug purchase...

I need to stay away from this thread on my breaks! Fortunately i'll be back in the game soon as I no longer have sweating issues and bad body odour lol I think coffee seeps DEEP into the pores of the body, or at least mine! :rofl:

biohacker,
Reactions: EmDeemo

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I brought home some AA+ from both Kenia (berries, fruity acidic, tea like) and Tanzania (not tested yet, said to be fruity-spicy) and of course my beloved Monsooned Malabar. Coffee is good.

Siebter,
  • Love

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don't drink coffee, but my wife does.

I just spent 25 minutes waiting in a drive through line for her to get coffee today... it begs the question, how many minutes/hours do you spend waiting in line for coffee each week? This shit is ridiculous!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I don't drink coffee, but my wife does.

I just spent 25 minutes waiting in a drive through line for her to get coffee today... it begs the question, how many minutes/hours do you spend waiting in line for coffee each week? This shit is ridiculous!

What kind of drive thru does remotely decent coffee? I suspect your wife likes coffee flavour drink and caffeine, thats not coffee! :)

Considering I literally never leave the house, unless my cats in the way, no queuing for me :)

biohacker

Does pour over require "technique"? Like I can fill it up all the way, or halfway before second pour? Slower is better?

biohacker,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I drink Maxwell House Colombian. I call it coffee; I love it, whatever it is.
For me, most any coffee coming from a window or line is not pleasant anyway, so I pass unless on a road trip or after a nice meal somewhere.

I still haven't really found a combination I like more than a cup of Maxwell House Colombian, brewed at home with filtered water, through a Mr. Coffee drip machine. I do take a small amt of sugar and almond milk in it.
The other part of the combination is some tasty cannabis on the side.
Coffee and hopper got me going at 5:30 this morning. Not that I have anywhere to go...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hahah :) Im snob for my own palette, but also, a firm believer in each to their own. Sometimes I forget tho :)
Willie Nelson says he's grateful that one thing cannabis can do is make you forget things, and that's not always bad.
Vaping along with my Maxwell House may keep me from thinking snobby thoughts about my coffee? :doh:

rock on, you weirdos! :wave:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Willie Nelson says he's grateful that one thing cannabis can do is make you forget things, and that's not always bad.
Vaping along with my Maxwell House may keep me from thinking snobby thoughts about my coffee? :doh:

rock on, you weirdos! :wave:

"real" coffee is a deep dark potentially expensive rabbit hole, like vapes! You're better off sticking with ya coffee flavour drink and lack of short term memory tbh :)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Pack an extra fat one because it was just a joke! Some people LOVECombustion too!

And put some ice on that head!
not sure which one of us may be missing a joke (or 3), but I do know I don't want to debate combustion v vaping here, or really anywhere for that matter. peace.
"real" coffee is a deep dark potentially expensive rabbit hole, like vapes! You're better off sticking with ya coffee flavour drink and lack of short term memory tbh :)
What were we even talking about...? ;) :nod:

vapviking,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
If you decide on an AeroPress (good choice), I recommend an accessory that greatly simplifies its usage: this cap allows you to place the AeroPress on your cup as you make your brew. Coffee won't escape until you plunge. Comes w/screen, but you can use with paper if you want.
71wa1HQp1dL._AC_UL115_.jpg

043190efeb43b5d2d62f320da18c67bfab33da559831b9eb33c46d66f7194cd5.jpg

Last edited:

biohacker

not sure which one of us may be missing a joke (or 3), but I do know I don't want to debate combustion v vaping here, or really anywhere for that matter. peace.

That's because you hit your head too hard, hopefully not more than once! My point was, by you coming here and stating how you have never had a better coffee experience than shitty microwaved instant coffee sounds like trolling to me. Like coming to a vaporizing forum and saying that you've never had a better vape experience than a joint. Peace!

biohacker,
Top Bottom