Do you like coffee?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Mini-Mazzer here, and a 20 year old Livia 90.

63156-A02-6-DF9-444-E-B422-ACD955373495.jpg

I find the most important things are:
1) fresh beans, preferably 3 to 7 days after roast
2) clean equipment.
3) good water. I buy the water from a vending machine nearby: 5 gal UV purified, reverse osmosis, filtered, etc.
4) proper grind

Lot's of good info at Sweet Marias (Sweet Maria's Home Coffee Roasting and www.wholelattelove.com)

Last edited:
How much do you wanna spend when you upgrade? Are you against hand grinding? Some of the newer ones have come back with phenomenal particle size/consistency throughout the grind.
I have been looking at the Eureka Mignon Specialita for a while now, but I heard a rumor that they might upgrading the burr size. I was looking for a hand grinder at first, but was also looking at a Robot also. My budget was no where near the Mara X at first, but I learned from my old VAS problem lol.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
How much do you wanna spend when you upgrade? Are you against hand grinding? Some of the newer ones have come back with phenomenal particle size/consistency throughout the grind.
I'm looking at the Kinu M47 for my 25 year old La Pavoni Professional ... I'm bringing it back to life as I've never had a grinder in the past and I know this is the missing link ...

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I could scarcely get out of bed first thing in the morning without my first (of many) cup of coffee to look forward to. Not to mention how well it pairs with vaping, like peanut butter and jelly or chocolate or bacon. Light on the sugar please with plenty of whole milk in a thermos to keep it hot longer, maybe with a old fashioned plain doughnut on the side or possibly a apple fritter or stack of pancakes. I try not to have too many cups and stop in the afternoon but sometimes a coffee and a bowl around 6-7 o’clock is just to enjoyable to pass up. I’m not made of stone and today is one of those days, so here I sit freshly vaped from my first full bowl of the day sipping away on a nice hot coffee feeling like each sip intensified my high. Coffee and vapes? Yeah baby! For life!

murf2010

I have been looking at the Eureka Mignon Specialita for a while now, but I heard a rumor that they might upgrading the burr size. I was looking for a hand grinder at first, but was also looking at a Robot also. My budget was no where near the Mara X at first, but I learned from my old VAS problem lol.
I own a robot. Look up the niche grinder. It just destroyed grinders 3-4-5k more than this and it’s only 625 bucks.

I own a robot. Look up the niche grinder. It just destroyed grinders 3-4-5k more than this and it’s only 625 bucks.
Yeah, been looking at the the Niche also. I am not sure what direction I want to go in. I heard the recalibration is a pain in the ass though. I honestly would have gone with the Niche, if the shipping wasn’t into July/August. I am not in a hurry either since I dialed in my SGP recently.

I'm looking at the Kinu M47 for my 25 year old La Pavoni Professional ... I'm bringing it back to life as I've never had a grinder in the past and I know this is the missing link ...
After I stopped looking at the manual ones, I set my eyes on a La Pavoni next. I almost pulled a trigger on a used one, but since I was all new to this, I wasn’t ready for a lever machine yet. They are beautiful and someday I want to get one.

murf2010

Yeah, been looking at the the Niche also. I am not sure what direction I want to go in. I heard the recalibration is a pain in the ass though. I honestly would have gone with the Niche, if the shipping wasn’t into July/August. I am not in a hurry either since I dialed in my SGP recently.

After I stopped looking at the manual ones, I set my eyes on a La Pavoni next. I almost pulled a trigger on a used one, but since I was all new to this, I wasn’t ready for a lever machine yet. They are beautiful and someday I want to get one.
I have a few. I love levers. I have my eye on the Londoniun LR though, that’ll be my next purchase. You can get the white niche in June I believe. We looked at data last weekend that came from private testing done with the niche vs the highest end of grinders and it was indistinguishable, even in the cup. Hard to believe. Easy purchase for myself. Especially since it’s for espresso I can just weigh my dose out and in 5 seconds it all comes out.

I have a few. I love levers. I have my eye on the Londoniun LR though, that’ll be my next purchase. You can get the white niche in June I believe. We looked at data last weekend that came from private testing done with the niche vs the highest end of grinders and it was indistinguishable, even in the cup. Hard to believe. Easy purchase for myself. Especially since it’s for espresso I can just weigh my dose out and in 5 seconds it all comes out.

Maybe I'll pull the trigger. It's nice to get a few opinions that's not on a espresso forum. Has anyone you speak to seen this? $730 though.

CURRENT STATUS:
5/15 Niche Zero Grinders May batch is going to be released 5/20 at 9am CT.

Improvaper

I'm a bit of a fan.

I've been roasting my own for a few years now. Cheap, simple rig on my Weber grill. I enjoy making my own blends and sharing with friends and family. It's a very easy and approachable hobby.

20190527-103701-01.jpg

As far as brewing it, I'm more practical than I am anal. Most of the time I use my Seico superautomatic espresso machine. I'm also no purist... cream and sugar, please! I will also drink just about any coffee handed to me without complaint. I'm easy.

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
I am as fastidious with my espresso extraction and consumption as I am with the modus operanidi of my cannabis vaporization. I employ a Vetrano 2 B EVO in concert with a Mazzer S Electronic Grine grinder. My preference for coffees are the African varieties from Yemen and Ethiopia purchased from Sweet Maria's and roasted via a Hottop Coffee Roaster for a full city roast. An excellent resource for those of us who are (or desirous) of becoming the proverbial "coffee snob" consider navigating over to coffeegeek.com, a community-based site very much like New FC both in content, education, and philosophy.

ginolicious

I'm a bit of a fan.

I've been roasting my own for a few years now. Cheap, simple rig on my Weber grill. I enjoy making my own blends and sharing with friends and family. It's a very easy and approachable hobby.

View attachment 548

As far as brewing it, I'm more practical than I am anal. Most of the time I use my Seico superautomatic espresso machine. I'm also no purist... cream and sugar, please! I will also drink just about any coffee handed to me without complaint. I'm easy.

That’s crazy. Never knew that was possible.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I drink coffee every day. Couldn't get my day started without it. Usually a full "10 cup" pot. Find I need the caffeine.

But... I am not expert in any way. I use store bought Stewarts or even Dunkin, and I make it in a cheap Mr Coffee. The Horrors... ;)

Top Bottom