Dabpress Rosin Plates

LongDraw

Since we discussed this in PM wanted to put a reply here for any others who may experience issues. It sounds like the thread tape needs to be removed and reapplied. You'll want to open the release valve on the pump to make sure no pressure is in the line, then close the release valve and disconnect the hose from the cylinder. Verify all the bolts on the bottom cylinder mount are tight. Tilt the press forward in drip tech position, then use a crescent wrench to remove the female coupler on the back of the cylinder. Once the coupler is removed, remove the tread tape on the fitting, and reapply new tape. Finally reinstall the coupler in the back of the cylinder and tighten it completely, connect the hose back up to the cylinder and retest for leaking.

Depending on how much fluid leaked out, you may want to empty the hydraulic fluid from the pump, measure it, then refill with the manufacturers recommended amount.

Also, depending on how much use the pump gets, the oil should be checked once per year and replaced if heavy use in a production environment.

@LongDraw glad you are getting along well with your press! It is a lot of fun, I will be soon pressing some skunk #1 that I have big hopes for! I am glad to see you moving into newer material, you will notice a difference in terpene content and effects =)

yes sir. and i did the math for my next press. the stuff i pressed came out good, but taste was similiar to my last press with old stuff. I am thinking to much pressure and to drop the heat.

So off one of your recent posts i was pretty much just able to use your math. I am using the prepress that came with my bundle. Even though it is made for much larger amounts, if i just break a bud into two chucnks or so each, depending on their size and that, it makes nice puck that is the 1.75 diameter like you used.

My next press this weekend will likely be first press at 190 F, at 1700 on the guage which should be about 1218 at the puck, just slightly over your recommended amount. Then after doing two spearate pressed i will repress both pucks at around 1500 or 2000 at the puck at about 200 to 220. Gotta figure out how i want to do the repress.

Hoping the lower pressure, as recommended, at the first press will give some more flavor truer to vaping the flower.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hello FC! We are wrapping up production on some new models we hope will suit some rosineers. A new AIO unit, will incorporate a 12-ton bottle jack. Also, we have found a new hydraulic hand pump that is better than our original cp390. Testing has been done for the past month, hopefully within 4-6 weeks we will have supply for sale.

We also are working on some upgrades so Dabpress rosineers can keep some of their kits parts and move them to a new cage or frame. This should help our customers follow our design and features.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Happy Friday FC!

We have our new updated design heat press plate and caged cube kits available. They have insulation layers to prevent the heat from draining into the hydraulic system. Before we had suggested for rosineers to create their own top insulation layer to put inside the collar when attaching to the piston. Also, the bottom platen can secure to the work table on the shop press thanks to threading on the bottom platen with included mounting hardware.

dp-rp35
3_dabpress_3x5_uncaged_press_plates_kit_12_ton_heat_press_for_rosin_cannabis_1024x1024.jpg

4_dabpress_rosin_heat_plates_kit_you_tube_amazon_1024x1024.jpg

6_dabpress_best_cheap_rosin_press_machine_for_the_money_1024x1024.jpg

dp-rp37
4_new_model_dabpress_rosin_heat_press_pair_it_with_20_ton_hydraulic_press_1024x1024.jpg

dp-rp47
1_dabpress_4_x_7_rosin_press_plates_kit_diy_hydraulic_rosin_press_for_sale_331491ef-d987-459b-bb04-328e46b05a3f_1024x1024.jpg

------------------

Dear Rosineer,

Our Apologies for the Delayed Shipping during the Past Holidays. Currently, Most of the Products Are Available in Our America Warehouse.

To Canada Rosineer, 6-Ton Press and 3x5" Uncaged Press Plates Will Reach Our Canada Warehouse Before 15th, May 2019.

To European Rosineer, Considering the Import Taxes Raised to Customers A Lot More Than Last Year, We Are Going to Complete Building Our Europe Warehouse in Advance ( Should Be at the End of May ). On the Other Hand, We Have to Increase the Sales Price If You Choose Shipping from Our Europe Warehouse As We Will Be Charged VAT Taxes Right There. Thanks for Your Understanding.

Dabpress Team

agentcooper

For the baggers- Are you all finding much difference in yield/results from hand packing versus prepress+bottletech?

I pretty much only use the a prepress+bottletech, but the above video had me thinking about doing a hand packed filtered press.

I started off hand-packing (both regular and BT) prior to getting a prepress.
IMO, a prepress really helps and I wouldn't want to hand pack again.
Note that I usually press 5-7G at a time.

The prepress makes it much easier to pack and I seemed to get a few percentage more yield than without.
When I was first getting a feel for pressing I was doing a lot of 1.5-2G presses, and those were fine bagless, but I would still prepress for a nice puck.

Hobbess

Relaxed

I placed my order on May 1 and got delivery in Canada 2 weeks later.

Everything is in good shape and professional looking, my only question is how do I release the pressure on the bottle jack?

I've got it cranked up but I don't know how to release the bottle jack pressure.

thanks for any help!

JCat

Accessory Maker

I placed my order on May 1 and got delivery in Canada 2 weeks later.

Everything is in good shape and professional looking, my only question is how do I release the pressure on the bottle jack?

I've got it cranked up but I don't know how to release the bottle jack pressure.

thanks for any help!

There should be a release valve that turns counter clockwise

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@psychonaut Thanks bruv, I picked up a used one! Been waiting for a deal to upgrade my bj6t35. Never had any problems with it, but can get a little tedious when harvest time rolls around. Ordered up a Porta Power press for now, but may consider a BVA in the future.

Can't wait to try that drip-tech! :spliff:

Nice, both units are gone! Thanks for your business and enjoy your upgrade :D I hope you'll find a good home for your bj6t35, that is our most popular model.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
:cry: Well.. guess I got excited too soon. My order was cancelled due to some residual problems with the unit. Wasn't able to cancel the order for the pump in time so now I have a pump I can't use. :doh:

superdang9000,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Hobbess

Relaxed

I've got beginner questions.

I ran presses at 200F, 205F and 210F. I cranked on the press pretty hard. Both layers of parchment paper ripped.

2zqscpf.jpg

I'm getting some product but it is oily not tacky.

I'm using trim not bud, I know the quality won't be as good but I'm practicing.

The oil leaked through to the pressing plates, is there any way to recover it without damaging the plates?

There's only 1.25" between plates, should I remove the wooden plates or just turn the 2 x 4" press bags sideways?

xm72vs.jpg

Here I doubled up the parchment paper and both layers ripped. I'm using Reynolds, anyone know if it's good for us?

rc26op.jpg

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Hobbess pretty much just have too much pressure. With trim, the more leaf you have the harder it'll be to get much out of it, if you have the ability to hash it first, it will give you better results. Now if the trim has some underdeveloped buds/larf those will press ok.

When you begin to apply pressure, apply it slowly, once the puck is smashing thin, begin watching for the flow, keep slow riding the handle with some pressure while the flow begins, the pressure will release as the oil flows. Once the puck feels tight and the flow has decreased/stopped, you're pretty much done. Cranking down with more pressure will only squish out plant matter which will decrease the quality and potency.

Usually a well pressed puck will leave an indention in the parchment paper with little staining in the area of the puck. The 30mm puck maker (pm30r, pm3015r) only takes about 1 ton of force for optimal flower extraction when using a filter, so you only need about 1/6th of the power in your bj6t35 press.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Hobbess in regards to getting the rosin off of the plates, if you have a vaporizer that's compatible with hemp wicks, you could wipe it up and vape it that way, you could try heating the plates slightly then try a silicone spatula, the rosin can stick to that too. The reynolds parchment is good, though I've switched over to kirkland since it's cheaper and seems to be just as durable. As to removing the wood or insulation layers, you could but you would need to replace the bolts with a shorter length, and you would also need to be more mindful to the duration of use as it won't be insulating the hydraulics as well.

With your trim you're not going to be able to pack as much weight. The key is to keep the puck size under 1" in height. Sometimes it's 5g, sometimes it's more if you have dense manicured flower. As for the consistency it's really based on whats being pressed. If you have some newish good quality flower I'd recommend to do a press with 3.5g, that should give you an idea of what happens when all things are good =)

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
@Hobbess

Tty wiping it of with fresh parchment oder
Silikon mats like oil slick..u wont recover everything but a good amount should stick to thw paper..after that try warming the plate a bit and wipe off again with a freah parch/slick paper...thats what i would so :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
An Iso dipped cotton-wool ball will clean it up and after the Iso evaporates, stuff the cotton-wool into a vape and you would be set to go (you could add a little extra to it as well if you like, eg kief).:tup:

Doktor Dub

Hello fellow Dabpresser :-)

quite some time since my last post, sorry for the delay but sometimes life happens a bit more than usually...

Thanks for all the help, inspiration and knowledge i got here in this Thread!!! I can t value this enough and want to share a bit of my experience.

Ordering:
Ordering my press was no problem (i got the 10t model) and thanks to the recommendation on the dabpress website i could also order a cheap pump within the EU.
I had a question about shipping and my mail was answered very fast from Roger.

Shipping / Customs:
I chose DHL Express as i don t like waiting and i heard that customs are normaly smoother via them, next time i would probably save the money.
Shipping from Hongkong to Germany was VERY fast, in fact quite unbelievable fast.
Customs was not as easy as i hoped - German Customs can be a bitch and they were not able to process my order as they said they needed a more precise description what was in the package.
I found this out via the online tracking and did not get a letter or email so better check your tracking...
I got on the phone with DHL and they mailed me a document to fill out and send back - not a nice feeling as paranoid as i can get sometimes...
They needed an exact description of the items and the corresponding customs tarrif number. I declared it as a Transfer Press and accessories, looked up the numbers and it went smooth through customs, they didn t even open the package. Nevertheless it would be a good idea to declare it more exact before shipping.

Build quality / assembly / pressing:
The press looks and feels really GREAT! Very high quality, very sturdy, nice finish and i dig the complete package with an additional coupler for other pumps, the needed tools and some little spare parts.

Assembly was no problem at all, even with my two left hands :-)

Pressing: Best purchase ever, best thing since sliced bread :-). To put it in perspective, concentrates are not common where i come from and are extremely hard to find, if not impossible. So the ability to have access to clean and safe concentrates is a HUGE thing.
I thought it will be a rather long process to get good results and that i will have questions over questions but in the end....: After reading this great thread and the rosin tec thread it was just a breeze.
I begann pressing with some "not so nice stuff" and got decent rosin but a yield around 10%, a few presses later and with other material i managed the first time to hit 20%.
My material seems to need 220° to give a good yield and i use the dabpress prepress, bottle tec, and stay under or around 2000 psi on the gauge of the pump.

For sure i am open for any good "Pro - Tip" but i am also already pretty happy with the results.

Now i can start to look at all the nice and expensive concentrate Vapes / Bangers / Rigs and so on and so on.
Poor little wallet....

Top Bottom