Da Buddha

coolbreeze

Great Success Win GIF

Frikkin Sweet!

boiler1869

Beginner

I recently got the EOK for my DBV and cannot get the hang of it. I have watched all of the youtube videos and have the proper heater height but the videos say to start at 9 and move up. I do not get much vapor production until it gets up to 12 o'clock or higher and then the cloud production is faint. I am using the same amount that I put into my DTV4 with ti bucket and feel like I am getting half what I should. The second rice grain sized load then burns up too quick. So, I started at 11 o'clock with the same outcome etc.
Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

boiler1869,

Likun

So I just scored a used da buddha on ebay for around 40 €. Only downside is it is just the unit itself. No mouthpieces or whatever it needs to function properly.
What do I need to get started?
So 2 months later I have aquired all parts needed to use the DBV and gave it a first few sessions with the baller mod installed.
It definitely hits hard. Comparable to my also recently bought CC Omega.

I've only used it with the original DBV Wand (black) a original 7th floor hose (red) and the original glass mouth piece (black). I Like the all black/red colorway as my dbv is also black.
What's bugging me a bit is that it seems like it doesn't matter if I turn the knob half way up or all the way. Both settings give me a slightly glowing heater and brown ABV. Compared to the Omega or even Solo 3 it's way lighter in color. Solo and Omega give me almost black abv.
That doesn't quite match what I read about the DBV being able to combust at highest settings.
I've only loaded the wand - maybe it gets hotter/darker when I put like a basket screen in the wand as the herb will be closer to the heat?

Additionally I've some questions:

1) If I'm not mistaken I could use all 18/19 mm male joint connection glass, right? Or will it be too hot for the hose if I'd only use like a 18mm male/hose adapter for example?
2) Are there any mentionable accessories I should look into?
3) Anybody know places where to buy replacement / custom knobs in europe?
4) Can I leave the unit on all day?

Thanks!

coolbreeze

So 2 months later I have aquired all parts needed to use the DBV and gave it a first few sessions with the baller mod installed.
It definitely hits hard. Comparable to my also recently bought CC Omega.

I've only used it with the original DBV Wand (black) a original 7th floor hose (red) and the original glass mouth piece (black). I Like the all black/red colorway as my dbv is also black.
What's bugging me a bit is that it seems like it doesn't matter if I turn the knob half way up or all the way. Both settings give me a slightly glowing heater and brown ABV. Compared to the Omega or even Solo 3 it's way lighter in color. Solo and Omega give me almost black abv.
Is this after it's good and heat-soaked? I usually have mine set to noon and a little before or after makes a big difference. If you turn it up to 3 o'clock and wait ten mins, does it seem more 'right' to you? If not, you may have a heater or dimmer issue. I can try this later, too, to have a datapoint for you.
That doesn't quite match what I read about the DBV being able to combust at highest settings.
I've only loaded the wand - maybe it gets hotter/darker when I put like a basket screen in the wand as the herb will be closer to the heat?
It will indeed. It's a really nice way to use it but I turn down a bit because closing that bit of distance makes a big difference.
Additionally I've some questions:

1) If I'm not mistaken I could use all 18/19 mm male joint connection glass, right? Or will it be too hot for the hose if I'd only use like a 18mm male/hose adapter for example?
You can, yes, but I think it would be too close for a hose adapter. But if you visit the angled adapter store on DH, the world will become your oyster. I think @TigoleBitties found a 90 degree one somewhere...
2) Are there any mentionable accessories I should look into?
The glass pathway wand is a must have for sure, ask for dimples if you don't mind waiting a week or two. The Saturn vapor tamer is awesome clipped to a mouthpiece. Also, 10, 14, and 19mm hose adapters are essential for waterpipes, j-hooks, etc. Hoses can be cut very short for more direct hits or to join your DBV with a specific waterpipe, etc.
3) Anybody know places where to buy replacement / custom knobs in europe?
4) Can I leave the unit on all day?
Absolutely. I think they've got a SSV that's been running for like 20yrs. I think it's pretty low-draw, especially when sitting idle.
Enjoy! : )

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Likun

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You can, yes, but I think it would be too close for a hose adapter. But if you visit the angled adapter store on DH, the world will become your oyster. I think @TigoleBitties found a 90 degree one somewhere...
https://www.dhgate.com/product/10-s....astab.1.0lcU0DLiazqRikt9laXM&stockCountry=CN

Yep. That 18mm male/female 90deg adapter becomes your bowl by placing a screen at the male side. Then the sky's the limit for 18mm cooling mouthpieces!

Like this

I agree with @coolbreeze that hopefully your problem is that the heat soak wasn't long enough? There are like over 300 rubies surrounding that heating element so it should get plenty hot. If I go over 3oclock on the dial then I risk combustion. As it stands I like the dial around 11 oclock as you can see in the picture.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Likun

Thank you so much.
Regarding the temperature settings - at what 'time' is the max setting supposed to be? Just to be clear we have similar settings.
I've set my knob pointing to around 4 oclock as the highest setting. At that temp I get dark brown abv. But I see only chances to combust when I'd pack the wand with a basket or sth which brings the material closer to the heatsource. I haven't tried that yet.
The glass heater cover gets so hot I can't touch it, just for reference.
I'll do some more 'testing' :D.

What I really like about it is that it's so easy plug & play and seems to be full convection. I can just insert the wand, leave it there and take some pulls whenever I want.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thank you so much.
Regarding the temperature settings - at what 'time' is the max setting supposed to be? Just to be clear we have similar settings.
I've set my knob pointing to around 4 oclock as the highest setting. At that temp I get dark brown abv. But I see only chances to combust when I'd pack the wand with a basket or sth which brings the material closer to the heatsource. I haven't tried that yet.
You're welcome! Happy you're enjoying it.

I can't really say what the "max" temp is because I've never really needed to go past 1 or 2 oclock on the dial for very dark ABV. If yours is around 4oclock for dark ABV that's also fine. Not all the heaters/heater covers/balls configuration will arrive at the same numbers on the dial to give the exact same results but it seems you're in the right range.

I feel that as long as you can get the ABV as dark as you like then the number on the dial isn't so important.

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: coolbreeze

VapurrDo

4 o clock will work with a very fast draw but it will catch fire as soon as the screen becomes clogged... however it usually doesnt produce much vapor below 11 oclock even with the slowest draw... I like covering the top of the buddha so the heat is trapped in and it changes the dynamics of it

coolbreeze

Thank you so much.
:tup:
Hard to say because the dials come off and can be reset to anywhere, really, but mine bottoms out at about 5 o'clock.
Ok, I set mine to 3 o'clock and went with an easy-to-clean direct path. I let it fully heat soak for like 30mins, put a small/decent load in the chamber (not basket screen) and took short, medium-strength pulls. To be honest I did my best to manage against combustion while still getting substantial hits. It's a friggin' beast. By necessity they were short pulls but very productive, really warm but manageable. I think I took 4 pulls here, each a very full hit. By the dry, crispy end I'm sure I could have combusted, but I was able to avoid that:

Same. : )
It takes dedication and hard work to...what were we talking about again?

What I really like about it is that it's so easy plug & play and seems to be full convection. I can just insert the wand, leave it there and take some pulls whenever I want.
Yeah, it's so much fun and it's got pretty good flavor despite the hose. It was always a great, very effective vape but as a baller it's top-notch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom