Da Buddha

VapurrDo

the difference between 10 am and 3 o clock should be night and day as in, at 10 am you get barely nothing and at 3 pm you burn everything. If your results are inconsistent you must be taking the air at a non-consistent speed or you have air leaks...

At 10 am if your getting vapor you are taking the air very very slowly...

and at 3 pm if you are not getting cherries, you are getting your air very fast (or the green/screen is very far from the element)

Roger

the difference between 10 am and 3 o clock should be night and day as in, at 10 am you get barely nothing and at 3 pm you burn everything. If your results are inconsistent you must be taking the air at a non-consistent speed or you have air leaks...

At 10 am if your getting vapor you are taking the air very very slowly...

and at 3 pm if you are not getting cherries, you are getting your air very fast (or the green/screen is very far from the element)
Thanks, I'll receive my new heater cover tuesday... I'll try this slowly!

Roger

IMG-20240313-143333-1.jpg

IMG-20240313-143349-1.jpg

Everything is received.... except a suitable screen... I will soon enjoy the Buddha!

Roger

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
https://www.vaporisateur.net/access...tuyau-souple-arizer-extreme-q-et-v-tower.html
Oh yes it will be cool!
unfortunately tomorrow I'm leaving for 20 days... it will be the discovery again at the beginning of April!
Yes, that looks super yummy and cool! I'm still really enjoying my stubby dimpled mouthpieces but I like the direct glass so much I might just pull the trigger and ask the people at elev8 to make me the dimpled hose free glass pathway that I got a quote on.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Yes, that looks super yummy and cool! I'm still really enjoying my stubby dimpled mouthpieces but I like the direct glass so much I might just pull the trigger and ask the people at elev8 to make me the dimpled hose free glass pathway that I got a quote on.
Man, I like mine so much, I wish I had thought to have the dimples added. You guys might just have the ultimate setups, really.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

Roger

I forgot to ask... Do you think you'll buy the baller upgrade? I guess you can try without it first, now that you'll have a proper heater cover and then see if you want to upgrade.

I think it's worth the money!
Hi, yes, I will tame the machine in normal configuration first. I am away from home for 3 weeks, I will play with Mr Buddha at the beginning of April.
Before my departure I was able to have some great sessions, I began to understand the correct use.
For the balls I'll take my time learning, but it's still 90 dollars!! Here we only find the baller series for SSV, I think my shop can order it but I still just spent the money for DBV + the pretty glass whip... I'm going to give it a little time before investing more.
I think I will find happiness using it around 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
I don't know yet if I should play with the temperature (start at 11 a.m. and end at 1 p.m., or only play with the suction speed...
Well, while traveling, I rediscovered my CFX and Vaphit... I have to microdose for tolerance before finding Buddha again

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So I went to use my DBV today and as I touched the outer cylinder I got an electric shock 😵. Nothing crazy but it startled me.

Unplugged it and re-plugged it and same thing 😪. Seems like there's a short in the unit somewhere. I've already contacted elev8 about a repair as it's still really new.

I think I may have put stress on the connection where the power cable enters the unit because I often like to pick up the whole thing and bring it close to hit it on small glass stems. I can't imagine this thing is very complicated inside but I'm kinda wanting to open it up and see if it's an easy fix.

Waiting on a reply from elev8. *sigh*

coolbreeze

So I went to use my DBV today and as I touched the outer cylinder I got an electric shock 😵. Nothing crazy but it startled me.

Unplugged it and re-plugged it and same thing 😪. Seems like there's a short in the unit somewhere. I've already contacted elev8 about a repair as it's still really new.

I think I may have put stress on the connection where the power cable enters the unit because I often like to pick up the whole thing and bring it close to hit it on small glass stems. I can't imagine this thing is very complicated inside but I'm kinda wanting to open it up and see if it's an easy fix.

Waiting on a reply from elev8. *sigh*
I think they will come back to you with instructions (& parts?) to try before asking you to send it in. I think they like to guide you through so you don't have to ship it and wait, etc, unless you really prefer not to mess. At least that's been my understanding of the heater replacement process.

Hope it's no biggie!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I think they will come back to you with instructions (& parts?) to try before asking you to send it in. I think they like to guide you through so you don't have to ship it and wait, etc, unless you really prefer not to mess. At least that's been my understanding of the heater replacement process.

Hope it's no biggie!
Ok, hoping for that too 🤞. I even mentioned in my repair request that I'd be willing to try and fix it if they can guide me.

Pukka

So you're saying it's not an easy fix or... it's not complicated to open it and possibly fix it?
It's easy to open and look for a fault to fix.

Edit: It's 2 or 3 screws to remove the bottom and a nut holds the main power section. Really pretty simple. If you look at their site menu for maintence parts (vaporizer>Elev8>SSV>maintenance, iirc) they have a listing for the control module that has links for youtube fixit videos and an info page.

Sorry this took a while, we were out adopting a new doggo and I hate typing on my phone 🙃. I've rebuilt/modded SSV's and DBV's so if I can help please just ask.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
It's easy to open and look for a fault to fix.

Edit: It's 2 or 3 screws to remove the bottom and a nut holds the main power section. Really pretty simple. If you look at their site menu for maintence parts (vaporizer>Elev8>SSV>maintenance, iirc) they have a listing for the control module that has links for youtube fixit videos and an info page.

Sorry this took a while, we were out adopting a new doggo and I hate typing on my phone 🙃. I've rebuilt/modded SSV's and DBV's so if I can help please just ask.
Hey thanks! That's super nice of you.

Edit:
Ok, well problem solved. Opened it up and had a look. Nothing super obvious but there were some wires that seemed a bit mashed against the cylinder. Tried cleaning up the tangle and looking for any bare wire. Plugged it in and voila. So far so good. Just took my first hit off of it.

I'm definitely gonna refrain from picking it up in the future. Seems the internals don't like being jostled too much and it can't be great for the the junction where the power cable connects to the unit.

Edit2: The fix didn't take. The unit's exterior seems to build up a charge over time because when I first plugged it in and tested, I felt it had been fixed. Oh well. I'll wait for elev8 support.

Last edited:

VapurrDo

did you bring any water near it ? like bongs or something... Thinking about it I should have plugged mine in a GFCI outlet all these years

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
did you bring any water near it ? like bongs or something... Thinking about it I should have plugged mine in a GFCI outlet all these years
I have but never had anything splash on it that I witnessed. Seems dry as a bone. Will be having a call today with support just a bit busy for the moment.

Edit:
Ok, so fingers crossed it's back online 🤞. Was on a call with support (they were great) and after sending pics they didn't see anything obvious so the theory is that the outlet isn't properly grounded. It's an old outlet from a garage built in '57 so yeah... could very well be.
Thinking about it I should have plugged mine in a GFCI outlet all these years
Yep. That's what the tech thought to try too so I did. Unit was stable for a while with no bad behavior so I've moved it to a newer outlet and so far so good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom