Customized vape setups

Shiz

EonBlue said:
Every now and then I do hurt myself with combustion, its a nice reminder why I love the vapor.
I've only combusted twice on my own since I got the EQ but usually when friends come with blunts I still smoke with them. One of them bought an EQ, some of them are warming up to vaping but some won't give it a chance at all.

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ I combusted on my birthday but only because Vape World failed to deliver my MFLB before my departure to NYC. What struck me most is how the herb decomposed into ash and deposited itself on me and everything else in the room. The taste (which I loved since I was a juvenile delinquent) was quite bitter. As everyone here knows vapor doesn't have a particularly strong taste, specially if you vapor bong.

Pappy,

2clicker

Observer
Pappy said:
^ I combusted on my birthday but only because Vape World failed to deliver my MFLB before my departure to NYC. What struck me most is how the herb decomposed into ash and deposited itself on me and everything else in the room. The taste (which I loved since I was a juvenile delinquent) was quite bitter. As everyone here knows vapor doesn't have a particularly strong taste, specially if you vapor bong.

i know exactly what you mean

after not having combusted for a long time when i did a few days ago it was sooooooooo nasty

and for years i used to love that taste

2clicker,

Shiz

Pappy said:
The taste (which I loved since I was a juvenile delinquent) was quite bitter.
I still can't believe how different combusting tastes now compared to before. I remember how I could taste the herb through the smoke and I guess I was just used to the smoke because I can't get that taste again now. It's hard to explain.

Shiz,

OC513

Dabaholic
Shiz said:
Pappy said:
The taste (which I loved since I was a juvenile delinquent) was quite bitter.
I still can't believe how different combusting tastes now compared to before. I remember how I could taste the herb through the smoke and I guess I was just used to the smoke because I can't get that taste again now. It's hard to explain.
I understand you and feel the same way. Not only do I think smoke is nasty now, after having smoked for 25 years, the 2 times I smoked in the last year and a half or so, it didnt get me high......or I should say it didnt get me anywhere near as high as vapor........that sealed the deal for me 110%. I was like wheres the high.....then an hour later I felt the horrendous comedown.

OC513,

2clicker

Observer
OC

is the Itza mini in your sig a bub...?

if so can you post pics of it please?

if you already did i apologize

2clicker,

OC513

Dabaholic
2clicker said:
OC

is the Itza mini in your sig a bub...?

if so can you post pics of it please?

if you already did i apologize
no its a mini tube.....about 13'' tall with a small bore.....there are pics a few pages back

OC513,

DaProfessor

EonBlue said:
I see in your sig you have a Toro big joint how do you like it?

I like it a lot because it is easy to clean and there is always very little drag due to the huge joint. The downsides are hard to get attachments and the small base which results in some instability with big AC's. If you get one, try to get SSFG to make you a showerhead diffuser for it. Rips like no one's business.

DaProfessor,

Theo

I combust pretty much daily but I do vape a lot more than I smoke.

I just got a new downstem for my RooR bub. I hate the design of the RooR bub's overall(soooo stupid having the joints for the mouthpiece the way they are instead of facing downwards so you could use it as an ash-catcher as well) but I got an amazing deal for it since a friend of mine got it off somebody else for cheap. The original bub had a bowl/downstem that was connected and therefore I hated using this bub. Now I have an Alex K. showerhead from ALT and it is AMAZING!

101209-140801.jpg

Theo,

greystr0ke

I posted this in the Herborizer thread but will re-post here. The RooR got a nice little upgrade this past weekend. No more combusting for me!

IMG_0294.jpg

greystr0ke,

DaProfessor

Aww shit, broke the joint on my Migrant tube :( First time I've broken a piece of glass because I was vaped. Dropped the grinder right on the joint. I know it's fixable, but a little more work then a break closer to the joint. Can't find anyone local who wants to attempt the fix. Anyone know a good glass blower that will usually try to do repairs?

2zz3fpz.jpg

DaProfessor,

OC513

Dabaholic
Come on Pappy......I know you got your new SG.....post some pics of Lebowski!!!! :ninja:
How do you like it so far? I am gonna guess it is sick. Please post some comparative thoughts about Lebowski & Swanee.

OC513,

Pappy

shmaporist
Ouch, Prof! What a bummer! That makes me sad. :|

You busted me OC513! :p It's true, Swanee eloped with Lebowski, a SG 12 Arm oversized Stemline. Friends have intervened and I just joined the local chapter of Glassaholics Unanonymous. More photos and (psycho)analysis to come.
m.png

Pappy,

OC513

Dabaholic
Hello my name is pappy and I am a glassaholic.......<clapping> as everyone welcomes Pappy. Be very careful or I see a pillar in your future!

In all seriousness I am dying for some side by side comparative notes.......how different are Swanee and Lebowski?

OC513,

Shiz

When I saw them go back out of stock on ALT I immediately thought of you Pappy.

To buy a second one this fast really says a lot but I can't wait to see vids and reviews also.

Shiz,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
On the second week of christmas Pappy gave too himself 1 15 arm sg tube

Nice pickup hows it hit?!

EonBlue,

jimbo

winterize
Very nice pick up Pappy! Hope she treats you well! I keep telling myself "no more glass" but I have
this feeling within the next few weeks I'll be making another purchase.

Prof, hope you can get the Migrant fixed up, sucks to see such a sweet piece put out of commission :(

jimbo,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Pappy - the 12 arm must be sitting in 70mm bore because it looks bigger than the 60mm on Swanee. That chamber is just a BEAST. No wonder you were telling me it takes 2 inhales to properly milk that thing. Don't have too much fun with it, you might find yourself higher than you've ever been.

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
Pappy - the 12 arm must be sitting in 70mm bore because it looks bigger than the 60mm on Swanee. That chamber is just a BEAST. No wonder you were telling me it takes 2 inhales to properly milk that thing. Don't have too much fun with it, you might find yourself higher than you've ever been.
It is! It's a 50/75/45 with an oversized Stemline. Actually I think I got it down to one draw (or maybe I was stoned :lol:).

@ Y'all > I appreciate all your kind comments. Lebowski is soaking in GO now so I can talk. Where to begin? Lebowski is a badass! He has that unmistakable SG ping. Drawing requires more effort than Swanee but less than my SSFG showerhead beaker which is amazing considering how much glass it is. With water in it you can use this SG 12 Arm for exercise. It's a LOT of bong!

Some initial impression. You want to hit this bong standing up (and then immediately take your chair ;)). For a two chamber piece it draws remarkably smooth. There's obviously more tube to fill but SG technology does the trick! I won't say it's effortless but once you get it down (which I did by session 3) it's a very pleasant smoke/vape. Which brings me to the "Is a perc too much diffusion for vaporizing?" question. Probably so! OTOH because this tube is so smooth and efficient I don't think you suffer a penalty on taste or lost vapor. This tube clears as well as Swanee -- par excellance!

I had to resort to the bathtub to clean the big bastard. Lebowski is much higher maintenance than Swanee as any who ever cleaned (or even emptied) a tree perk knows. I took total leave of my senses buying it (ALT fever aka Stone Monkey fever) but for a sight unseen purchase I could've done much worse. :) The only person I could imagine using Lebowski as a daily driver is The Jolly Green Giant of Gulliver! :lol: So I guess I got me a showpiece and party bong. As I told Stone Monkey I look at it like buying 100 shares of some $6 stock. I'll appreciate it much more and believe it'll appreciate more in value over time. :peace:

Pappy,

DaProfessor

Haha, oh no pappy picked up the monster stemline tube. Would you have seen yourself as a glass addict a few months ago? How things change so quickly :D

On a side note, I've found someone to fix the migrant! Contacted a few glass artists and the one that came through, once again, Ray at SSFG. It's understandable that a lot of artists are busy with it being the holiday season. Hopefully the monster 9mm migrant will survive it's operation...

DaProfessor,

Shiz

Pappy said:
You want to hit this bong standing up... For a two chamber piece it draws remarkably smooth...I won't say it's effortless but once you get it down (which I did by session 3) it's a very pleasant smoke/vape. Which brings me to the "Is a perc too much diffusion for vaporizing?" question. Probably so!
Thanks for the insight Pappy. I knew you would give some honest feedback pertaining to vapor. That is a sick tube no matter how you slice it. According to all the other reviews, it is exceptional at smoothing out smoke. If you were still a regular smoker I think you would have noticed much more of the superior diffusion that tube offers over others. A smoker would be able to truly take advantage of all that diffusion and take monster hits that would not be possible on other tubes.

Now we need Stonemonkey to give us a review of the sg pillars.... vapor vs smoke. I've been contemplating a custom pillar tube but I'm sure the diffusion is overkill for vapor. Probably wouldn't benefit much unless I smoke through it.

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
DaProfessor said:
On a side note, I've found someone to fix the migrant! Contacted a few glass artists and the one that came through, once again, Ray at SSFG. It's understandable that a lot of artists are busy with it being the holiday season. Hopefully the monster 9mm migrant will survive it's operation...
Great news! Couldn't be in better hands.

Family Portrait
m.png

Pappy,
Top Bottom