Customized vape setups

xantichristx

Just got mine together this week and it looks good. Thought about showing it off.

mod note: This thread has been retitled, from 'pics of your current vape setup', to 'customized vape setups', since that's what the topic has become. This is no longer the place to post your 'out of the box' vape pics. If you have a vape that's new to the market, and therefore worthy of a pic, please post in the appropriate vape specific thread. This thread will be the spot for customization and add ons.

xantichristx,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Nice bong man beaker with a tree perc and an ice pinch your set up has my thumbs up sir. Is it a no name?

bluntfaced,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I don't think so dude. Just cuz it's not name brand glass doesn't mean it's chinese garbage. From those pictures it looks like it could easily be a decent bong.

What makes you say it's Chinese? Do you know much about bongs?

bluntfaced,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
My setup.

Purple Days vape, SSV whip tubing, Vaporbrothers GG adaptor, Roor.de Little Sista (3.2mm).

vape.jpg

Chubba,

xantichristx

Yep the bong I got from dodoglasspipes.com went cheap on the glass cause I really wanted the SSV.

xantichristx,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Damn, treat yourself next time and get some quality glass, it's a connoisseur thing... even stuff like EHLE kicks ass for cheap at the bottom end.

Chubba,

aero18

vaporist
bluntfaced said:
I don't think so dude. Just cuz it's not name brand glass doesn't mean it's chinese garbage. From those pictures it looks like it could easily be a decent bong.

What makes you say it's Chinese? Do you know much about bongs?
Look at the tree perc. Almost always a dead giveaway. Also the glass is real thin.

aero18,

Frickr

so what if it isnt name brand. the man is obviously proud of it so why harp on him for posting up a picture of a setup which hes proud of, that fits his needs, and hes happy with? does it realy concern you where/which/or why he even bought the bong? and say if the bong in question was made in china, does that make it any less of a quality product? i doubt every thing your own home isnt made in the USA. so what a few companies are shady and do shady work over there, cant the same be said about american factories too?

so what he doesnt have the money to go out and buy a 2000 dollar roor. does it make him any less of a person for trying to save a few dollars for things he felt are/were more important? you dont know his life,background or job, so i dont feel its your place to sit there and judge him for something that doesnt concern you.

so can we please get on with this topic, because i would like to see some others' setups, and i would appriciate it if i didnt have to read through a whole page of someones bitching about if a bong was made in china or not when you cant even tell over the internet.

xantichristx

Frickr said:
so what if it isnt name brand. the man is obviously proud of it so why harp on him for posting up a picture of a setup which hes proud of, that fits his needs, and hes happy with? does it realy concern you where/which/or why he even bought the bong? and say if the bong in question was made in china, does that make it any less of a quality product? i doubt every thing your own home isnt made in the USA. so what a few companies are shady and do shady work over there, cant the same be said about american factories too?

so what he doesnt have the money to go out and buy a 2000 dollar roor. does it make him any less of a person for trying to save a few dollars for things he felt are/were more important? you dont know his life,background or job, so i dont feel its your place to sit there and judge him for something that doesnt concern you.

so can we please get on with this topic, because i would like to see some others' setups, and i would appriciate it if i didnt have to read through a whole page of someones bitching about if a bong was made in china or not when you cant even tell over the internet.
Good point. but another reason to go cheap ,glass is breakable, and I am a socialable smoker. I don't want to end up worry about my 200 dollar bong being dropped and my friend having to take out a loan just to replace it.
My advice never spend over 100 $ on glass products you never know what will happen.

xantichristx,

aero18

vaporist
Frickr said:

I'm fine with whatever people purchase. I owned a few Chinese bongs too. Someone just said that it was a nice bong and I wanted to teach him a thing about bongs. Chinese tree percs almost always look like that tree perc (I have never seen other glass blowers use those percs unless they were made in China). China manufactures some quality products, like the Da Buddha, but their bongs are notorious for their low quality manufacturing processes and glass.

Sad to see a whole country labeled in that respect to their glass water pipes, but it's largely what is to be expected on the markets at this time.

It doesn't make you any less of a person and the label isn't so important. The only thing that is important is to inform people on what products are of good quality. ;)

aero18,
Reactions: ou812?

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yeah I love high quality glass and couldn't go back personally. But that's not what this is about.

This is my VHW set up that fits very nicely in the camera case I bought for it. Makes it easy to bring places and makes a great place to store it. That's a 35cm ice pinch RooR with mancala beads to aid diffusion. RooR is going to be replaced soon by a 14" 9mm thick beaker. I can't wait.
dc8f9f6e.jpg

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
aero18 said:
Chinese tree percs almost always look like that tree perc (I have never seen other glass blowers use those percs unless they were made in China).
RooR .us/Lux percs look like that. I own a beaker just like yours xantichristx, except mine is cobalt glass, 14", and has an ice ring vs the ice pinches. Good backup tube to have around.

minnesnowta said:
RooR is going to be replaced soon by a 14" 9mm thick beaker. I can't wait.
Migrant? From FMG? Good choice if so.. I dont care for beakers (I prefer the quicker milk/clear) but a 14" beaker is good size.

aznfknpride,

aero18

vaporist
aznfknpride said:
aero18 said:
Chinese tree percs almost always look like that tree perc (I have never seen other glass blowers use those percs unless they were made in China).
RooR .us/Lux percs look like that. I own a beaker just like yours xantichristx, except mine is cobalt glass, 14", and has an ice ring vs the ice pinches. Good backup tube to have around.
Nope, they do not. Look at the top part of the perc, not the slits or the tubes that come down from it. That is the difference that you should look out for. Since Chinese mass-produce their products, they always look the same. It looks as if the internal tube of the perc juts out from the top.

aero18,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Roor/Lux percs look more like the perc that xantichristx has VS Toro and SG. Not looking for an argument here, just saying...

Medicali tubes have percs like that as well.. but those have been rumored to be chinese as well. REGARDLESS, nice collection xantichristx. I understand your feelings on cheap pieces.. That's how I thought as well. But after buying some high end glass, I wont be going back... I only got careful friends in my circle, and they know that if they break it, they pay up!

aznfknpride,
Reactions: MrNorml

karazi

Chubba said:
My setup.

Purple Days vape, SSV whip tubing, Vaporbrothers GG adaptor, Roor.de Little Sista (3.2mm).

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3024/vape.jpg
Dear Chubba, I am envious of your setup, and I would like to replicate it with my AZ. I plan on purchasing a 100 or 250ML EHLE bong, and I was wondering what that piece is that you have connected to the tubing on the bong side? Is that the Vaporbros GG adapter thing? Is there a place that I can buy one of those pieces without buying an entire Vaporbros? It is the perfect setup, congratulations.

edit: I think I might have found it... is this it?
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vbh20adgg.html

karazi,
:p haha stonemonkey+ hops jagito +luke wilson bubbler+ n3rd inline + vwt pro and perK = glasspig! Me? Jealous? Fuckin oath i am! Peace people

thevapedcrusader,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
VapedCrusader - good to hear from you!

how are things down under? Speaking of down under, one of your country mates, 420DownUnder, now that guy has a COLLECTION!

My glass collection may change but the one constant is the VHW powering them up! :D

stonemonkey55,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
edit: I think I might have found it... is this it?
Yep, that's it :D

I found the straight GG adaptor way better then the 90 degree adaptor that a lot of people offer.

Chubba,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Damn I have a lot to learn... I know not the language you speak of ;)

hops jagito +luke wilson bubbler+ n3rd inline + vwt pro and perK
I guess now that I've covered the portable and wood... I should learn about all these glass bits :D I see some of the setups and have NO clue how they work... Also no clue as to how long it'd be before I'd break something :lol:

Lo,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
stonemonkey55 said:
VapedCrusader - good to hear from you!

how are things down under? Speaking of down under, one of your country mates, 420DownUnder, now that guy has a COLLECTION!

My glass collection may change but the one constant is the VHW powering them up! :D
Yeah dude.. that guy has a SICK collection man. Someday.. lol.

Here's what I've been running recently:
Toro fixed stem 6 arm single (use with PD mostly, super stable with the PD on the joint, as seen in pics)
Toro straight to 8 arm double (This one gets used with the hakko wand and *gasp* combusting)
DSCN6197.jpg

DSCN6196.jpg

aznfknpride,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Do it man... It's worth every penny IMHO. The fixed stem is mine, I bought the straight to 8 for my girl.. The fixed 6 hits like a dream, no drag whatsoever... Milks nicely with the PD.

aznfknpride,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
That toro fixed stem is fucking sick, where did you pick that up?? Look at it holding that PD up like it's nothing.

bluntfaced,
Top Bottom