Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
These crafty + upgrades lead me to think that they can set aside the famous 18650 and opt for a battery of their own to keep people from making their own battery changes...?
Regarding having more air flow ... they may have changed something in the heating system, or the heater itself.
The entire aluminum part where the heater is located could be lightened which would help to heat up faster and save battery power.
Anyway I think I'll pass ... for now
I have my Unregulated Wood Crafty with Replaceable Batteries running veeeeery good and I love it

Last edited:

ElMetrico

These crafty + upgrades lead me to think that they can set aside the famous 18650 and opt for a battery of their own to keep people from making their own battery changes...?
Regarding having more air flow ... they may have changed something in the heating system, or the heater itself.
The entire aluminum part where the heater is located could be lightened which would help to heat up faster and save battery power.
I have my Unregulated Wood Crafty with Replaceable Batteries running veeeeery good and I love it

Would you be willing to do this to my crafty if I would pay money for it?

karec

That my friend is a piece of art :clap::clap::clap: since i had to open mine 2 times the plastic body is starting to crack and although i can make some repairs on my own the next time i need to open it, its going to be really hard to close it back.... from the 4 screws existing i only have 2 working so.... i have to come with something alike soon or a broken unit to replace it.... you adding a replaceable battery alternative is something else, what did you use for the base? Im officially jealous :lol:
Again :clap::clap::clap:
Cheers
:cool:

Grepper

Truth to prevail
We are all beta males for discussing Ed and his new crafty apparently lol. Doesnt seem like the respect some of you have for Ed is mutual. Best of luck to Ed, regardless what he thinks of us..and enjoy the new crafty!

"When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointed back at you"

Grepper,
Reactions: karec

Verax

haha ... maybe ;)
If there are more people interested I think about it.:D
I just need all crafty heating system

I would send over my crafty for this treatment, as long as the price isn't tooo crazy. I love the way it looks. You did a really nice job!

Think about it, and if it's something you are interested in, I'm a customer. :)

karec

haha ... maybe ;)
If there are more people interested I think about it.:D
I just need all crafty heating system

Mate i would be interested in some solution, i really like your DIY :tup:, i understand that most people want to send u the device, i would be more interested to receive the parts and do the assembly if u provide some instructions since i know the interior of the crafty, this way i would save 1 postage, but i will do it both ways, think about it. I dont realise the amount of work you have to do building and assembly it but your device have a MadMax look :rockon: and i would like to maintain mine the longest until S&B really have something new.
Cheers

Last edited:

Adobewan

@dzoinp
I’d be interested in this beautiful treatment as well. The fact that you designed a replaceable battery dock really upgrades the Crafty, maybe more so than what S&B just released, but that wood chassis makes it art.
S&B could use a guy like you on their staff!
Keep up the beautiful work!

MGG

Capturest.jpg

vapormachina

[QUOTE = "MGG, publicación: 1421410, miembro: 9707"]
Capturest.jpg
[/QUOTE]

don't interchangeable batteries, I can't believe it‍♂‍♂

vapormachina,

karec

Now i realise that i really need a solution for my Crafty body plastic case.... using resin or glue or dont know... or i do know... @dzoinp :brow:;) need your help mate :lol::lol::lol: you can actually see one of the inexistent screws....the other is down below this one....
HELP!!!
Screenshot-2019-11-04-at-11-39-36.png

Cheers

karec,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
you can actually see one of the inexistent screws
Now, that's something.

btw, this is the dirtiest vape I've ever seen (but that's not saying much; I don't get out a lot...)

I think S&B should have sent you the new one!

vapviking,

karec

Now, that's something.

btw, this is the dirtiest vape I've ever seen (but that's not saying much; I don't get out a lot...)

I think S&B should have sent you the new one!

The flash made it even dirtier ... this is also what happens when you have a working vape with minimum use due to the fact is almost disintegrating so it build up dust (only after the photo i notice the amount :brow: but the purpose was to show the crack and not my cleaning abilities :lol::lol::lol:). I also think S&B could send me another one but it was out of warranty for 2 months of the initial purchase (24m) although the actual device was only 13months because it was already a replacement for a faulty device.... those were the times in the beginning with the crafty.... they propose me to buy a new one with a small discount...
Well the + is here and seems they took care of this problems and updated others.:tup:
Cheers

Last edited:
karec,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Now i realise that i really need a solution for my Crafty body plastic case.... using resin or glue or dont know

You can still try to glue it with a heat resistant two-component glue ... Just glued it on the outside. Place some folded tape between the two parts of the body to continue opening it. But first you have to clean it very well with iso!

dzoinp,

karec

You can still try to glue it with a heat resistant two-component glue ... Just glued it on the outside. Place some folded tape between the two parts of the body to continue opening it. But first you have to clean it very well with iso!

That will be the last resort, i kinda suspicious to use glue when there is heat involved....
Cheers tuga

Last edited:
karec,
Reactions: dzoinp

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Years ago I made a couple of muzzmods (does this make me old?) and used JB Weld epoxy (I think it was a high temp version, definitely not a fast-set). It worked for adhering glass to a portion of the cooling unit, so I assume it would hold plastic to plastic, if there is enough glue surface to provide a strong bond.
But, yeah, I'd say you're due for a replacement.

vapviking,

MGG

I tried jbweld once and cannot safely reccomend it. Whilst it can remain stable in somewhat high temps. Its not designed to be safely used as something you inhale from at those temps. I experienced a strange flavor when I did it that I couldnt get to go away. If its an external fix not anywhere near the heater or even in the heating path then maybe.

MGG,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Can you do it with a mighty too?
not regulated mighty? It does not seem logical to me. If you can change the battery, why ride two in the vaporizer?
I never opened a mighty ... I have one but it's still under warranty

it was a great idea to make a wooden mighty with the temperature display and the up and down buttons with just one battery ... but I don't even know if it would work with just one ... I assume so

dzoinp,

MGG

craff.jpg

If this is true that it's got better battery than the Mighty then damn.
Seems like Crafty+ is setting up to be the successor to the Mighty.
Making Mighty the cheaper option and crafty the more expensive choice but with some better features and more compact design.

blackstone

Crafty Plus review:
https://tools420.ca/crafty-plus-review/#

Good honest review, sounds quite good!
(On second thoughts, it sounds like they're underselling it so they can sell more Utilillian 722s!)

It looks like Stickstones put some nice pictures on that instantgram last night! Said the vapor was very good.

I'll do a drumroll for the website.........

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

https://i.ibb.co/Jjj0NT6/craff.jpg[/I
If this is true that it's got better battery than the Mighty then damn.
Seems like Crafty+ is setting up to be the successor to the Mighty.
Making Mighty the cheaper option and crafty the more expensive choice but with some better features and more compact design.[/QUOTE]
Really surprised S&B didnt pick a more professional, less combative person to debut this vape. Vape Critic?

Top Bottom