Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

blackstone

Really surprised S&B didnt pick a more professional, less combative person to debut this vape. Vape Critic?

It looks like they feel social media is king now.
I had to wonder though, for a crowd who seem to continually remind us not to use street herbs, or those outside of whats in the manual. To get a person in the UK, covering the Crafty with nugs as the first pics in the wild is a sort of change in direction!

Last edited:

blackstone

Looks like they dropped the warranty down to 1 year if I’m reading that correctly

Time to start going ham on my OG crafty so I can send it in and try to get one of these new boys!

I think it's that you get an extra 1 year warranty if you register with them, so 3 total.

Same price.
Improved housing material.

I'm gonna upgrade too I think! But the honest way, through classifieds :)

kitkatjam22

So, I just started looking into portable vapes, and my research led me to the crafty and the mighty. I saw the rumors of the new crafty + so I held off... now that it’s out, will anyone be so kind as to give their opinion on what is better for a heavy user?

The price difference doesn’t bother me too much if the mighty is better.
I do like that the crafty is smaller, but if it doesn’t last for as much use, or get as good of vapor/sessions, then I would want the mighty.

Lastly, what accessories are a must? The filling set for 40 capsules seems very useful... what is the need for a set of 3 cooling units? For cleaning purposes, like use the unit longer and clean all 4 cooling units at once? should I get extra screens off the bat?

Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to answer and help. I kind of want to buy this unit right now, but was hoping to clear some of this up first.

kitkatjam22

The Crafty has a stoopid fuse that blows fairly quickly when used heavily as a D/D, get a Mighty during the Black Friday sales coming up.:myday:
Are there always Black Friday sales? Wha kind of discount is expected?

is this fuse an issue with the crafty + or was it one of the upgrades?

kitkatjam22,

Milo

So, I just started looking into portable vapes, and my research led me to the crafty and the mighty. I saw the rumors of the new crafty + so I held off... now that it’s out, will anyone be so kind as to give their opinion on what is better for a heavy user?

I'm facing this choice too. It still sounds like the Mighty will have cooler vapor, better battery life, and faster charging than the Crafty+. Not to mention that it took S&B quite a while to deliver a reliable Crafty, so I'd be concerned about the reliability of an early Crafty+.

I think you (or I) would be happy with either one but I think the Mighty is the safer bet if you don't mind spending a little more and having a larger device.

Vapinmofo

If you want portable but plan on heavy use get the mighty.
if you want a portable for portable use (Concert, film festival, hike) when away from home then get a crafty+.
If you want a great vaporizer for home get a VOLCANO Basic. Set it forget it it lasts for many years.

extreemly efficient.

best
Vapinmofo
The Crafty has a stoopid fuse that blows fairly quickly when used heavily as a D/D, get a Mighty during the Black Friday sales coming up.:myday:

kitkatjam22

If you want portable but plan on heavy use get the mighty.
if you want a portable for portable use (Concert, film festival, hike) when away from home then get a crafty+.
If you want a great vaporizer for home get a VOLCANO Basic. Set it forget it it lasts for many years.

extreemly efficient.

best
Vapinmofo

Thank you. This is definitely more of a concert, movie, going out portable for me. I have a vapexhale evo for home use which I’m super happy with and assume will still prefer at home to any portable, though never say never.

although some festivals I go to I smoke a ton... so 8-9 sessions with the crafty + almost doesn’t sound like enough for those times... how many sessions would the mighty get?

Last edited:
kitkatjam22,

blackstone

although some festivals I go to I smoke a ton... so 8-9 sessions with the crafty + almost doesn’t sound like enough for those times... how many sessions would the mighty get?

I got 12 capsules from a new 20% extra battery Mighty once, but another user reported only 8 at the time so it depends on a number of things including the material used.
If your set up for home, and this is for concert, movie I'm inclined to recommend the smaller one.
Mighty is great for camping/festival but you do need 12 volts minimum to charge it if needed, or Mighty and Crafty is frickin ideal! But you can also pick up a power bank real cheap to charge the Crafty+ about 3 times.

Heavy user, back to back use and/or through water pipe - Mighty

Mostly out and about, need small size and willing to take a potential higher risk of returns on a brand new product - Crafty+

Subject to change, but you'll be pretty safe with a Mighty unless the size becomes a problem.

I only ever need one cooling unit per vape, and a lot of people run them with no screen, or a fine screen up top too but no harm to buy a set.
Everything you need is included except an adapter for water pipe, unless you find some bundle of course.
And if you like the filling set for your intended uses.
ATM I prefer the capsule caddy (tube keychain) than the magazine holder but it's nice to have both for travelling, and everyone is different.
Hope this helps, enjoy whatever you decide on!

kitkatjam22

I got 12 capsules from a new 20% extra battery Mighty once, but another user reported only 8 at the time so it depends on a number of things including the material used.
If your set up for home, and this is for concert, movie I'm inclined to recommend the smaller one.
Mighty is great for camping/festival but you do need 12 volts minimum to charge it if needed, or Mighty and Crafty is frickin ideal! But you can also pick up a power bank real cheap to charge the Crafty+ about 3 times.

Heavy user, back to back use and/or through water pipe - Mighty

Mostly out and about, need small size and willing to take a potential higher risk of returns on a brand new product - Crafty+

Subject to change, but you'll be pretty safe with a Mighty unless the size becomes a problem.

I only ever need one cooling unit per vape, and a lot of people run them with no screen, or a fine screen up top too but no harm to buy a set.
Everything you need is included except an adapter for water pipe, unless you find some bundle of course.
And if you like the filling set for your intended uses.
ATM I prefer the capsule caddy (tube keychain) than the magazine holder but it's nice to have both for travelling, and everyone is different.
Hope this helps, enjoy whatever you decide on!
Thank you for the reply!

a water pipe can be used with the mighty? Like the same one I have for my vapexhale evo?

kitkatjam22,

kitkatjam22

mbfj1o6fbr511.jpg

images

RNC4nnH.jpg

DSC_0018_04951d3d-c701-4857-84fc-04243472bbd9_1024x.jpg
Wow... pretty cool. And thanks for the pics. Definitely another point to consider, although I don’t know if the glass is as much of a selling point in my consideration for a “portable.” Seems less, portable. However, I do love my glass and I’m sure it makes it cooler and better tasting than just vaping through the cooling unit. And I’m sure I would find use for it at times.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Crafty+ is now for sale at S&B, US $279, same price as "old" Crafty!
(I also see that PIU still has Crafty, at 20% off, along with usual freebies.)
I'm finding this one very appealing, though it will wait until Mighty gasps its' last breath, which could take a long time.
I believe they've made a good shot at addressing and improving the weaker points.

Just to clarify (aka here's my 2 cents), I think Crafty and Mighty, side by side, will produce almost identical vapor, in identical quantities. Mighty's cooling unit is marginally cooler. Other factors weigh heavier; heat-up times, number of bowls per charge, charge time, etc. A whole new set of comparisons now needs be established, so get to work with the rigorous testing, folks!

I do think the standard usb charge port of Crafty might have been up-scaled to something faster, but not being an engineer I hesitate to question this point much. Maybe S&B determined that a faster charge would shorten overall battery life or something -- but then again, Mighty can do it...hmmm. And Mighty's got the use-as-plug-in capability...

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
I am going to use my original Crafty more often, as there seems to be a good successor for it, if it breaks again. Before I only used my replacement Crafty in "emergency" situations, where portability, size and/or lightweight was key, to make it last longer.

Edit:
On the US site it goes for 279US$, on the european site 298€ ??? weird currency conversion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom