TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Ready to pull the trigger on the Couchlog methinks. Anyone in Canada know whether this triggers any extra duties? It's pricey but I think it'll be worth it. It'll be my first ever desktop and from the research I've done this guy looks special. Really versatile and I hope super tasty. I've only ever had the Stunner as a ball vape. Can't wait to see what desktop power and instant-on functionality will feel like.

Edit: Oh yeah... any coupons or specials I should know about or wait for? Did I mention it was pricey? $$$😮

Last edited:

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
@TigoleBitties you are going to be very pleased with the CL as a desktop....especially being your first.

You are right this unit is pricey, and has been a main contention point of this device for many people. No, unfortunately there have never been any discounts or deals on the CL. It is an artisan vape with a couple guys running it, it is not often nor expected for such small business to offer discounts. 420eng business model isn't like let's say Arizer where moving sheer masses of units is the goal, it's about consistency and quality of every single unit.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
@TigoleBitties you are going to be very pleased with the CL as a desktop....especially being your first.

You are right this unit is pricey, and has been a main contention point of this device for many people. No, unfortunately there have never been any discounts or deals on the CL. It is an artisan vape with a couple guys running it, it is not often nor expected for such small business to offer discounts. 420eng business model isn't like let's say Arizer where moving sheer masses of units is the goal, it's about consistency and quality of every single unit.
Thanks for the info 😊

As far as I can tell this vape seems to be very high quality. I've seen a few issues with wood resin causing problems but in general the complaints are minor. The screen gunking up really quickly seems to be a pain for some but I'm guessing there are workarounds.

Any issues with debris falling into where the ceramic balls are and affecting taste? Is this area easy to clean and/or must be cleaned occasionally?

TigoleBitties,

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Resin is a part of using wood DHV to some extent, apply prolonged heat to many species of wood and it has the effect. It's a common "problem" in many wood vapes including other logs, and the vapman anecdotally speaking.

The screen clogging is normal maintenance. Anyone who comes up with a maintenance free is a rich man. I recommend getting the glass wpa as the native stem's problem is really the proprietary screen (which does have reports of not staying in).

So yea, I even further say this vape is of the highest quality.

As for vapes like logs and those that can hold herb above the heater, you want to use the device inverted. Never use the device with a load hanging directly over the heater. Maintenance itself is waxing the wood, and cleaning the herb chamber/wpa/screen

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
As for vapes like logs and those that can hold herb above the heater, you want to use the device inverted. Never use the device with a load hanging directly over the heater. Maintenance itself is waxing the wood, and cleaning the herb chamber/wpa/screen
Again, thanks for all your advice. Much appreciated.

I agree using it inverted will solve this problem but if you hit it natively with the stem that it ships with, don't you risk some material making it's way through the screens and onto the heater over time? Kind of like most of the Arizer vapes where the flower is suspended above the heater.

TigoleBitties,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Again, thanks for all your advice. Much appreciated.

I agree using it inverted will solve this problem but if you hit it natively with the stem that it ships with, don't you risk some material making it's way through the screens and onto the heater over time? Kind of like most of the Arizer vapes where the flower is suspended above the heater.
Yes. I often use the stem to direct draw with the load suspended over the heater. Fortunately the heater will burn off anything that gets on the screen. Presuming the bud isn’t dust dry the thc resin holds it together pretty well, especially after that first draw.

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
As long as you give a proper tamp and hit it horizontal or at a slight incline then no there should be no issue.

So if you do so happen to get stuff in the heater I. Sure there is a way to disassemble it, but I'm assuming it wouldn't be inherently easy task. Just don't hit it with weed above the heater is all I can say.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Made it to the end. I think I've finally made up my mind for my sole desktop.

This little log seems like a dream come true. Time to start saving
It's a great one. My favorite log, maybe my favorite vape. Also look what Chris teased earlier today:

Screenshot-20230816-154028.png

That bocote is 🔥.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
It's a great one. My favorite log, maybe my favorite vape. Also look what Chris teased earlier today:

Screenshot-20230816-154028.png

That bocote is 🔥.

It really does seem to be the proverbial "one"
-tiny form factor
-log vape leave on for hours, hit when needed.
-FRIGGIN MAGNETS!!!
-wood
-can microdose or punch me in the proverbial face as needed

And man the bicote....
I Need It Want GIF

Rodney

Just reading and learning about the Couchlog now and the fact you can leave this on all day and just use when needed is something important to me. It seems very well made and I will be keeping an eye on this and reading up more as I am intending on owning a few vapes and having myself a nice little rotation.

Top Bottom