• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

coolbreeze

Also do I insert the default stem, inside a 14mm bong, or am I going to damage it? Now that I have the wooden sleeve of the glass M/P broken and glued, am I going to scratch the default stem where it makes contact with the glass?
That's indeed the intention and it works great; the OG stem will fit with some 14mm glass as well. It is possible that it would scratch it but probably not a big threat, especially with unground glass. More important would be your water levels if they're too close. I also wouldn't leave it sitting in the glass long, mostly so it doesn't swell and jam as DV stems used to do.

Finally, does the wood quality affects the vapor or all CLs provide the same vapor?
It's not the quality in this case but the fact that some woods have and impart a flavor, at least initially until it seasons. I haven't had that issue with my CL.

condition

Hey thank for replies.
That's indeed the intention and it works great; the OG stem will fit with some 14mm glass as well. It is possible that it would scratch it but probably not a big threat, especially with unground glass. More important would be your water levels if they're too close. I also wouldn't leave it sitting in the glass long, mostly so it doesn't swell and jam as DV stems used to do.
So it is fine to attach my stem to a 14 mm joint as I pictured it?

I have entirely switched away from using the wood stem as a WPA because I much prefer the glass bowl to the metal herb chamber. A few of my friends prefer the chamber, which can also just be dropped into a typical 18mm injector bowl with an oring.
Are you talking about this

If so how do you load it without the use of the chamber? Do you have a picture? I think I can use it like this for concentrates but if I load it with the flat screen only, how does it stay in place?

Razhumikin

Hey thank for replies.

If so how do you load it without the use of the chamber? Do you have a picture? I think I can use it like this for concentrates but if I load it with the flat screen only, how does it stay in place?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. A flat screen will fit above that little indent below the handle

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yep! For me that seals nicely and works a treat.

I am not sure I understand your question. I just load the weed in the screen in the typical way. I see now that you were talking about hash earlier. In that case I would use the concentrate pad or probably vape wool. @Abele Rizieri Ferrari is the expert on that here lol. I have seen many a hash video from them with the CL. 😀

coolbreeze

Hey thank for replies.

Top pic, correct. You should be able to feel whether or not it's well-seated, but yes, that's how it fits when it fits.

Below is the bowl in action:
IMG-0681.jpg

Is that one of the Ehle vapor bodies? How do you like it? I have looked at those for years but never saw one in the wild.

Last edited:

condition

3. A flat screen will fit above that little indent below the handle
thanks that was what is was looking
Top pic, correct. You should be able to feel whether or not it's well-seated, but yes, that's how it fits when it fits.

Below is the bowl in action:
IMG-0681.jpg

Is that one of the Ehle vapor bodies? How do you like it? I have looked at those for years but never saw one in the wild.
Thank you for your picture, it is the Ehle AK2, feels very sturdy and it is relatively easy to find in some German e shops. I have it for long time, later I got the one below, which is one piece instead of three and I like it better, it should be an inline diffuser if I got it correctly from the cheap glass thread talk.

Next Tuesday I will be also receiving "Active carbon set joint" from Ehle, in an effort to minimize harmful substances, as in December I got infected with H1N1 followred by Covid 19, and now I can't handle "dry" vapor at all.

coolbreeze

thanks that was what is was looking
cool!
Thank you for your picture, it is the Ehle AK2, feels very sturdy and it is relatively easy to find in some German e shops. I have it for long time, later I got the one below, which is one piece instead of three and I like it better, it should be an inline diffuser if I got it correctly from the cheap glass thread talk.

Wow, that one I haven't seen! Very nice. I've seen AKWs I think, the modular ones, but that one's even nicer.

Next Tuesday I will be also receiving "Active carbon set joint" from Ehle, in an effort to minimize harmful substances, as in December I got infected with H1N1 followred by Covid 19, and now I can't handle "dry" vapor at all.

Dang, I hope that helps your lungs get back to 100%. I bet that perc helps humidify the hits.

You may find the glass bowl more open, which for me is easier on my lungs. Also the distance makes it easier to get a gentler roast.

Last edited:

condition

I haven't seen them elsewhere and they do look pretty nice. I've tried to decide which I'd get if I did, but I'm pretty well stocked, so maybe I'll try one some day.
Yes, not even Ehle sells them, they are probably made for this shop. How well stocked you are, like 20 bubblers?

coolbreeze

like 20 bubblers
'bout there ; )

To be honest, I'm honing down. I got a couple/few nicer pieces recently that are replacing older pieces. It's kind of expensive to feel your way through the glass thickets, but there's a lot of great advice here to make that somewhat less necessary. Unfortunately, really trying a piece is sometimes essential, as even very similar-looking ones can have significant differences in function. Then there's discovering your own tastes and how glass interacts with the vapes you have and love.

diablitos

I received my CouchLog today in the Bay Area after ordering on Monday—impressive speed. After giving this little gem a test run, I am pleased that I made the right choice for myself. So elegant! So robust! So tasty! I'm glad to be part of this community. Looking ahead, I wonder what others are doing for wood treatment and preservation. I use half'n'half tung oil & citrus solvent on my Firewood, and beeswax for shine… what are people using for their beloved CouchLogs? Would the tung oil/beeswax strategy work well here, as well? I appreciate your counsel!

diablitos

Well… glass disaster last night. Using the glass bowl, the bowl joint locked up with the CouchLog enough to pull it out of the waterpiece when I removed the log and came tumbling down onto a hard surface, and CRACK! A sinking, exasperated frustration as the bowl lay broken in two. (My setup doesn't allow for keck clips on that joint.) So, if anyone else is in a similar situation, or would like to order accessories, etc., and split shipping, or if someone is ordering a CouchLog for themselves and would like to split shipping, I can rebuild Voltron without paying as much for shipping as for the expensive glass bowl itself. Of course some trust would be involved, but I think if anyone is interested, creating a group correspondence with transparent photos of purchase order, shipping info, etc., could make it work out well. Anyone else out there needing some stuff from the Black Forest?

coolbreeze

Well… glass disaster last night. Using the glass bowl, the bowl joint locked up with the CouchLog enough to pull it out of the waterpiece when I removed the log and came tumbling down onto a hard surface, and CRACK! A sinking, exasperated frustration as the bowl lay broken in two. (My setup doesn't allow for keck clips on that joint.) So, if anyone else is in a similar situation, or would like to order accessories, etc., and split shipping, or if someone is ordering a CouchLog for themselves and would like to split shipping, I can rebuild Voltron without paying as much for shipping as for the expensive glass bowl itself. Of course some trust would be involved, but I think if anyone is interested, creating a group correspondence with transparent photos of purchase order, shipping info, etc., could make it work out well. Anyone else out there needing some stuff from the Black Forest?
Bummer, man. Try a 14mm to 14mm adapter with a screen low in the grind for a stop-gap until you can work out or justify a shipment. It's not as deep or large, but it's a nice intermediate between the bowl and the chamber.

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Well… glass disaster last night. Using the glass bowl, the bowl joint locked up with the CouchLog enough to pull it out of the waterpiece when I removed the log and came tumbling down onto a hard surface, and CRACK! A sinking, exasperated frustration as the bowl lay broken in two

If I get that right, the Couchlog 🪵 has a heater port, that fits a 14mm female joint!?

To improvise, till your replacement arrives, get yourself any 14mm female to 14mm male adapter and a bunch of 1/2" stainless steel pipe screens, which will fit & sit neatly into the base of any 14mm female joint, transforming the joint itself into a bowl!
Best push the 1/2" screen gently down the female joint with another 14mm male joint or any dowel of appropriate diameter, so that the screen remains horizontal and flat!

3-D56978-A-37-E0-4-BBE-B9-C0-C166-D1097-DB3.jpg

condition

Looking ahead, I wonder what others are doing for wood treatment and preservation. I use half'n'half tung oil & citrus solvent on my Firewood, and beeswax for shine… what are people using for their beloved CouchLogs? Would the tung oil/beeswax strategy work well here, as well? I appreciate your counsel!
So diablitos' question remains unanswered. Do we treat with beeswax the log and the stems?

condition,
Reactions: diablitos

condition

I have the beeswax from TinyMight website, already containing some mineral oil. This is the description

a metal can filled with local beeswax for treating the wooden body. We have added some mineral oil to make it easier to apply.

How often do I treat it?
Also, should I treat the inside of the stems and the inside of the main unit?

condition,
Reactions: diablitos

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
How often do I treat it?
Also, should I treat the inside of the stems and the inside of the main unit?
I will treat my heavily used vapes monthly, as for the lesser used I do it quarterly (not b/c they need it, just b/c it is fun).

I will usually wipe down all wooden surfaces, including removing the sleeve and conditioning the inside. As for the stems, if they are heavily used I would wax the outside and not wax the inside due to the potential protective layer of resin. This is just anecdotal so others feel free to chime in.

Top Bottom