• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Razhumikin

Cheers! Just received my CouchLog Padouk! About 2 working days from Germany to Portugal (ordered last Thursday)! I'll open the package and eventually will be posting some pictures. This is my first log vape and also the first one more on the heavier side of the spectrum. I'm pretty curious and excited 😁
Dont forget to report back on your thoughts!

SurrealToker

Sharing some photos I took of the CouchLog, in Padouk.

Absolutely functional, gorgeous piece. And it hits so damn well. I've been enjoying it a lot since i got it yesterday, changing temps and see what fits best for my personal taste. So far the lowest on the dial has been 3.5, while the highest 6.5. No combustion in any bowl, not yet at least 🤞

Flavor has been very clean and tasty since i mostly use the glass bowl through a 14mm bong and j-hook. Can't wait to try even tastier strains along the way. It smacks and delivers plenty of flavor at the same time. Clouds are easily and almost effortlessly produced, which amazes me on how quickly it reaches that point.

I haven't cleared a bowl in just one single massive hit, but instead 2 or 3 big hits, still pretty dense clouds in about 5 seconds on each hit. Mostly dialed in 5/6.5, but when on 3.5 I noticed a sweeter, but soft flavor through the wood mp, which was nice. A bit harsher and hotter, but still good hits nonetheless.

So far it's been a very fun experience and I got to share it last night with my girlfriend and we got hilariously high off of a few great hits. Do recommend this little log.

Edit: I've also done some back to back hits, diminishes in vapor after each one but not by much. Since it's been so cold here, the cordless function won't always do it's best if i happen to take a bit longer than usual to take the hit. But haven't had much to worry about honestly. I do wish the cord that connects from the power supply to the controller wouldn't disconnect so easily, as some have mentioned here before, but it's not a big deal so far.

Last edited:

Weedaholic

Sharing some photos I took of the CouchLog, in Padouk.

Absolutely functional, gorgeous piece. And it hits so damn well. I've been enjoying it a lot since i got it yesterday, changing temps and see what fits best for my personal taste. So far the lowest on the dial has been 3.5, while the highest 6.5. No combustion in any bowl, not yet at least 🤞

Flavor has been very clean and tasty since i mostly use the glass bowl through a 14mm bong and j-hook. Can't wait to try even tastier strains along the way. It smacks and delivers plenty of flavor at the same time. Clouds are easily and almost effortlessly produced, which amazes me on how quickly it reaches that point.

I haven't cleared a bowl in just one single massive hit, but instead 2 or 3 big hits, still pretty dense clouds in about 5 seconds on each hit. Mostly dialed in 5/6.5, but when on 3.5 I noticed a sweeter, but soft flavor through the wood mp, which was nice. A bit harsher and hotter, but still good hits nonetheless.

So far it's been a very fun experience and I got to share it last night with my girlfriend and we got hilariously high off of a few great hits. Do recommend this little log.
It's my favourite log for sure..Great for micro-dosing too...It's a beast of a little log..Glad you like it and all the best having fun with it.

coolbreeze

It's my favourite log for sure..Great for micro-dosing too...It's a beast of a little log..Glad you like it and all the best having fun with it.
Thank you! I'm sure it's gonna be a fun journey. It's my first log!
I didn't really get the log-love until I got one of these as my first. It's so good though that I find it difficult to pull the trigger on another, different one cuz I'm pretty sure I'd just be disappointed. It's the curse of finding the top of the line on your first attempt!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I didn't really get the log-love until I got one of these as my first. It's so good though that I find it difficult to pull the trigger on another, different one cuz I'm pretty sure I'd just be disappointed. It's the curse of finding the top of the line on your first attempt!
This is accurate for me too. My other logs are almost a different thing from the CL. Although the CouchLog can do what they do and more.

Although I definitely am excited for my Zenith, GTR, and Musa when I get those finally too. 😄

coolbreeze

Although I definitely am excited for my Zenith, GTR, and Musa when I get those finally too. 😄
Same! I haven't staked out the Zenith yet (hard to decide among the CC stuff!) but I am on the lists for the other two. With those, though, I understand that they will have considerable power, but it's also the self-serviceable 18mm halogen heater on the one hand and the ability to mate with the 18mm m joint microbowls on the other that especially appeal to me. Really cool shit these guys have come up with!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I haven't staked out the Zenith yet (hard to decide among the CC stuff!) but I am on the lists for the other two.
My strategy for deciding on the CC stuff is "one of each".
I'm on list for the other two logs and suspect it will be many months still. Oh also forgot to mention the PP Chaos for another worthy contender, I hope.

Anyway, the CouchLog continues to be my favorite vape and the one I reach for most days. I wish I could define why it suits me so well. Either way I am happy!

SurrealToker

You are all set so dude...Enjoy ..I think i will have a bowl myself now for you...welcome to the couchlog family.

Much appreciated! Rip that bowl

I'm happy with how the CL performs and how easy it is to use it, and definetly glad it clicked with me right away... still lots to try though and I cannot wait to vape some hash with it as well.

coolbreeze

My strategy for deciding on the CC stuff is "one of each".
Lol. The only reasonable approach.

Oh also forgot to mention the PP Chaos for another worthy contender, I hope.
Yeah, I will watch that one, too.

Anyway, the CouchLog continues to be my favorite vape and the one I reach for most days. I wish I could define why it suits me so well. Either way I am happy!
I've used it more and more too. The flexibility is the key for me: it's a log one minute, a DV heater the next, and then a ball vape later! It's so good!

coolbreeze

I have yet to try that... if i'm not mistaken that's explained somewhere on this thread?
It is, not too far back I wouldn't think. Basically, any DV should work, but add the herb chamber and it works much better/easier. One of the reasons I like this so much is that the DV bowl is ~half the size of the chamber for even smaller dosing, and the ability to use my glass cooling stems with it make for a very nice experience. Well, that and the fact that I've got DVs laying all over the place here and it's nice to just pick one up and take it to the heat!

To update: Ed's large tip will not fit the herb chamber, and while you can use it directly, it's more of a challenge than a DV tip because it's slightly bigger in diameter and so doesn't fit the heater quite as well.

Last edited:

SurrealToker

It is, not too far back I wouldn't think. Basically, any DV should work, but add the herb chamber and it works much better/easier. One of the reasons I like this so much is that the DV bowl is ~half the size of the chamber for even smaller dosing, and the ability to use my glass cooling stems with it make for a very nice experience. Well, that and the fact that I've got DVs laying all over the place here and it's nice to just pick one up and take it to the heat!

To update: Ed's large tip will not fit the herb chamber, and while you can use it directly, it's more of a challenge than a DV tip because it's slightly bigger in diameter and so doesn't fit the heater quite as well.

I tried last night but i was far too sleepy to be successful, and don't think the o-rings i have are the correct size for this. Will try again later, though.

For now here's some quick clouds, pretty decent ones at nearly 7 on the dial. Did a little stir afterwards and managed another hit, not as dense but was somehow tastier.

Edit: i'm using very low amounts as well. Should try with a bit more herb, although i do like these bowls a lot.

Last edited:

RichardsBag

I had this same experience of starting my log
Journey with the CL and was not at all disappointed. Actually the opposite. I was blown away by how the different materials and and stem shapes, heater types and sizes could create such potent and unique experiences. Went CL->Underdog->Heat Island.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

The herb chamber got stuck again because of the wood resin and this time the wood cracked when I tried to remove it :( (previously I had ruined a herb chamber because It got stuck as well)

Luckily it's still functional and I love its function, but the issue with stuck herb chambers has made it frustrating to use and I'm sad my stem that's matching my log is damaged. Especially since it's a limited edition, so replaceability is an issue.

I love the glass vapor path combined with the herb chamber, I can take the perfect hit from it time and time again. I will try it with my 14mm bowl I ordered from Phase3 when that arrives and might pick up the one by 420eng himself later as well. I hope it will hit as nice as the glass lined stem with the herb chamber.

coolbreeze

I will try it with my 14mm bowl I ordered from Phase3 when that arrives and might pick up the one by 420eng himself later as well. I hope it will hit as nice as the glass lined stem
The P3 bowl is probably a closer experience to the chamber, as you're maybe an 1/8" closer than with the CL glass bowl. The CL bowl also has a larger capacity while the P3 bowl is shaped to concentrate heat on a smaller load. Both will have a more open draw. I recently got the glass stem so I've been using the ss chamber more exclusively for the first time, really, and I do really enjoy it more than I expected. Still, the CL really shows its ball vape bona fides with the glass bowl.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

The P3 bowl is probably a closer experience to the chamber, as you're maybe an 1/8" closer than with the CL glass bowl. The CL bowl also has a larger capacity while the P3 bowl is shaped to concentrate heat on a smaller load. Both will have a more open draw.
Cool!

Yeah with how I use CL a large bowl is less desirable. Especially knowing now that it puts the heater closer. Although I've been packing some big bowls of cbd bud in my herbo, I can only Imagine CL handling that!
I recently got the glass stem so I've been using the ss chamber more exclusively for the first time, really, and I do really enjoy it more than I expected. Still, the CL really shows its ball vape bona fides with the glass bowl.
Right? It's easy to use, has the heater up close, vapor goes straight in glass stem.

Looking forward to that Phase3 bowl even more now.

Yeah, I like the CL glass bowl, but I find it easier to get a darker roast with the SS bowl since the herb is closer to the heater. The Phase3 bowl definitely looks interesting!

Is anyone using glass/ruby beads in the stem as an alternative to the mesh cooling pads? Does it cool any better? I’ve settled into using the CL primarily through water as it’s just a bit too hot dry at the temps I like.

coolbreeze

Yeah, I like the CL glass bowl, but I find it easier to get a darker roast with the SS bowl since the herb is closer to the heater. The Phase3 bowl definitely looks interesting!
I previously used a TAG adapter I adapted; both it and the Z8 bowl are about the same distance, shape's not terribly different, and both are a great experience: close, but not quite as close as the stem/chamber, better airflow. I treat it as log mode and injector mode--both are great.

Is anyone using glass/ruby beads in the stem as an alternative to the mesh cooling pads? Does it cool any better? I’ve settled into using the CL primarily through water as it’s just a bit too hot dry at the temps I like.
I'm mostly through water, too, but it really doesn't take much to tame it a bit while letting the terps thru. Something like the little HMK rig or the Wicked Sands inline rig is really enough for me at lower temps, though I usually go a little bigger/warmer.

condition

The herb chamber got stuck again because of the wood resin and this time the wood cracked when I tried to remove it :( (previously I had ruined a herb chamber because It got stuck as well)

Luckily it's still functional and I love its function, but the issue with stuck herb chambers has made it frustrating to use and I'm sad my stem that's matching my log is damaged. Especially since it's a limited edition, so replaceability is an issue.

I love the glass vapor path combined with the herb chamber, I can take the perfect hit from it time and time again. I will try it with my 14mm bowl I ordered from Phase3 when that arrives and might pick up the one by 420eng himself later as well. I hope it will hit as nice as the glass lined stem with the herb chamber.
I also broke the wooden sleeve of the glass mouthpiece, but not as yours, mine opened like a fruit in half, LOL. I glue it with dual epoxy and works ok but has an outside line in one part of the glued stem.

Top Bottom