• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Looks nice, but definitely on the higher side of price range.
Any chance to have the videos upped somewhere else? YT wants me to login for age verification - don’t have an account and not keen on entering personal data. Would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

ChooChooCharlie

Downloaded these CouchLog videos and posted on imgur for folks with youtube issues
Hope it works

Edit: looks like I screwed up the first video somehow, oh well

I think the Performance vid is especially cool because that's an Unplugged demo, showing its heat storage/delivery cord free for a one-hit

Direct Stem use demo:

Loading demo:

Performance:

Magnet demo:

AVB demo:

Last edited:

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
@ChooChooCharlie thx for doin my job man!
The magnet wobble video was shot on a metal freezer ;)

Looks nice, but definitely on the higher side of price range.
It is, a big part is the temp controller.
Normally you find cheap variable volt power supplies.
The temp controller is adjusted to my log design. The power range goes from 44-100%. Which leads to an temp increase from one line of the scale to the other of around 10°.
That makes adjusting the temperature really easy. Its also not possible to overheat the unit.
Maybe i find a good working PWM in the future to give an cheaper option.

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
This looks great, but as mentioned several times it's very expensive! Is your temp control actually controlling temp based on sensor readings or is it really just a custom vvps you decided to implement?
There is no temp sensor. I thought about it, but there are too many variables that makes it not worth in my opinion.
My intention was to build a small, smart unit that fits the design of the vape.
U can let it sit on your table, or just put it under your table using the magnet and the adhesive metal pads.
Plus the resolution of the scale makes it easily adjustable.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
There is no temp sensor. I thought about it, but there are too many variables that makes it not worth in my opinion.
My intention was to build a small, smart unit that fits the design of the vape.
U can let it sit on your table, or just put it under your table using the magnet and the adhesive metal pads.
Plus the resolution of the scale makes it easily adjustable.
Hey ! Can you please tell us about the controller more? How much of those 370 euro does it cost/retails for (What makes it so expensive,components ? Is it PWM or Buck Boost,is it from some reputable brand ? Sry for the multiple questions i just am curious in VVPS/BB/PWM and also wondering about what is the price withouth controller.
I have tried a lot of those controlers ,sofar i like best those 2 below also i have one that controlled via app but it is not that cheap :D.

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
No doubt that the little power puck looks really lovely! If is job is to adjust voltage, will there be a cheaper option to use our own PSU and voltage control? How much would that option be approximately?

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Hey ! Can you please tell us about the controller more? How much of those 370 euro does it cost/retails for (What makes it so expensive,components ? Is it PWM or Buck Boost,is it from some reputable brand ? Sry for the multiple questions i just am curious in VVPS/BB/PWM and also wondering about what is the price withouth controller.
I have tried a lot of those controlers ,sofar i like best those 2 below also i have one that controlled via app but it is not that cheap :D.
Hey :)
I would say 300€ without the controller.(have to calculate)
Cost factors:
-wood body
-PWM circuit board (selfmade)
-inner parts (3D printed)
-assembly
-laser engraving
-plus some smaller parts

I also tried a bunch of controllers, and none got me fully convinced. Keep in mind, that i have to put an CE sign on my device, so i can't just send u stuff from AliExpress :)

No doubt that the little power puck looks really lovely! If is job is to adjust voltage, will there be a cheaper option to use our own PSU and voltage control? How much would that option be approximately?
Hey, thank u :)
I will think about your idea...
Approximately 300€

Abysmal Vapor

If something is made in China it not uncommon to be CE compliant,but how do you get CE cerification for your selfmade PWM controller,did you went trough the process in obtaining one ,i heard it is very expensive .

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
If something is made in China it not uncommon to be CE compliant,but how do you get CE cerification for your selfmade PWM controller,did you went trough the process in obtaining one ,i heard it is very expensive .
You are right, but if something happens it is my problem.
You can create your own CE certificate. Only costs time and nerves.

Abysmal Vapor

You are right, but if something happens it is my problem.
You can create your own CE certificate. Only costs time and nerves.
Thx for the info. I didnt know that you could actually do a CE on your own. Wish you good luck with your product ,it really looks good and that you have spent time going trough all the details ! Cheers !

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Here it is.
The lower priced version of my pwm unit.
E-Box-2.jpg

Comparison of the wood vs. plastic PWM box

Plastic:
-Plastic body
-adjustable from 0-100% power
-Size 43mm x 25mm x 55mm
-300€

Wood Pros:
-wood body
-magnetic
-adjustable from 44-100% power (easier to adjust the temperature)
-Size Ø44mm x 39mm
-370€

everyone that ordered one, can still switch to the plastic version, just send me an PM.

ChooChooCharlie

Here is some "bro-science," as Troy likes to call it

Ceramic has a higher specific heat than glass -- ceramic will lose heat through convective loss about 11 percent slower than glass

Sounds like CouchLog's ceramic balls are ballsier than glass. More oomph, longer, for cordless hits (oomph is the technical term)

Weedaholic

Thanks!

Little update:
-the production runs as planned
-wood options are coming (pictures soon). Everyone who preordered can choose for free from the pool. First in list chooses first.
-energy costs from my constantly running log are approximately 6,5 cents per day.
Man awesome work on a nice product.Please feel free to add me to the waiting list if it is possible.This is the log vape i have be waiting for.

ChooChooCharlie

My CouchLog adoption papers were approved, despite my criminal background. Discussions were held, and one of them agreed, but only if I used his full name. Padauk or Padouk, spelling still undecided. He's self-conscious of his reddish hue, and bristles at the nickname Paddy

Top Bottom