Core 2.0 - Divine Tribe/SZ Crossing

kegstandman420

Cups and recycler (though I don’t see much recycling) have arrived! Decent glass top for $60. Comes solidly packed in a cardboard box with foam insert. Atomizers are solid in construction, though the bucket does have a bit of movement when qtipping. Bought two, so I’m gonna throw one on a mod to see if resistance fluctuates at some point. I can foresee oil getting between the bucket and the metal housing, especially if one were to rip fairly hard and cause the oil to creep up. My second hit in the video I pulled harder to see if I could get some water recycling and oil had deposited on top of the metal housing.

Hey I have that recycler. You have to fill the water to where the glass from the intake tube meets the actual tube. You need a little more water and it will recycle I thought the same at first.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for your feedback brother, I think you just pushed me over the VAS edge on this one, but will be patient until 4/20 sales at herb cafe. Where did you order your from? Herb cafe?

Perhaps I will join you if I can and the deal is right, this always seems like the best one of these to me, and now with some stock recycler glass much more appealing...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Instead of buying any of the larger glass bubblers now offered for the Core-2, I’m thinking of getting the 14mm male glass adapter.
I can then use the 14mm female DT Hubble Bubbler, as the stock glass has a vertical “trumpet” mouthpiece, both things I dislike.
Easy to clear vapor by pulling the DT HB right off. And the HB has a decreased diameter, right angle MP, perhaps my favorite small 14mm female bubbler.
Of course any water attachment that has a 14mm female joint would work, or using adapters, which I avoid using. For those that like silicone tubing, you could connect to just about anything….

You can find the Core-2 to 14mm glass adapter in the drop down menu:

It’s less $$$ at the partner site, but it doesn’t list the SIZE of the male post 14/18?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Instead of buying any of the larger glass bubblers now offered for the Core-2, I’m thinking of getting the 14mm male glass adapter.
I can then use the 14mm female DT Hubble Bubbler, as the stock glass has a vertical “trumpet” mouthpiece, both things I dislike.
Easy to clear vapor by pulling the DT HB right off. And the HB has a decreased diameter, right angle MP, perhaps my favorite small 14mm female bubbler.
Of course any water attachment that has a 14mm female joint would work, or using adapters, which I avoid using. For those that like silicone tubing, you could connect to just about anything….

You can find the Core-2 to 14mm glass adapter in the drop down menu:

It’s less $$$ at the partner site, but it doesn’t list the SIZE of the male post 14/18?

Thank you that sounds even better for me, I would use an adapter and try to rig it up to a regular recycler, I do have hydro tubes but I don't really want to dab with them as much... Agreed about the mouthpiece on the stock incycler! I'd also prefer a separate recycler and drain and a more simple perc personally

kegstandman420

Thank you that sounds even better for me, I would use an adapter and try to rig it up to a regular recycler, I do have hydro tubes but I don't really want to dab with them as much... Agreed about the mouthpiece on the stock incycler! I'd also prefer a separate recycler and drain and a more simple perc personally
That's what I do. Had a buddy make a 10mm male that plugs into whip and then a 14mm female to the whip and Ive been using my core and my v5 on the cub on all my mini rigs. Get a little 14mm nectar collector and you have a dry rig.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I cleaned one of my Core 2 atomizers, cup and all, in 99% ISO at the same time as my Puffco Proxy atomizer, but just read I shouldn't have done that. (was a day ago now as I switched to another atomizer so it would have ample time to dry after cleaning)

Do you think this is still safe to use? Apparently not supposed to clean the outside of the cup nor the ceramic spacer pieces on the atomizer in ISO ....

biohacker

JCat

Accessory Maker

Looks like it's out now!
I'll be picking one of these up when they get to the Herb Cafe (or maybe sooner) :)

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just realized it's not the same atomizer as the Core2 w/ the V5 heater. So couple things ...

1. It looks smaller
  2. It's not rebuildable; however, replacement cost of $30CAD is not bad, so that maybe mitigates it as they do last long (at least the Core2 ones do). The other concerning part about this though is the v5 heaters can't be soaked (or shouldn't) in ISO, so not sure these will be able to be soaked in ISO which will make them difficult to get completely clean between the atomizer and housing etc. (since can't be soaked and can't be disassembled)
The other thing that I think is too bad (just bothers me a little), is that they didn't design it as "all glass" and instead put the silicone between the banger and bong. I understand why they did this from the perspective of avoiding fit issues, but they could have just as easily have delt with this in other ways that would allow minor adjustments of height.

The different heater though will have me holding out for a bit on this one ...

biohacker

I cleaned one of my Core 2 atomizers, cup and all, in 99% ISO at the same time as my Puffco Proxy atomizer, but just read I shouldn't have done that. (was a day ago now as I switched to another atomizer so it would have ample time to dry after cleaning)

Do you think this is still safe to use? Apparently not supposed to clean the outside of the cup nor the ceramic spacer pieces on the atomizer in ISO ....

What happened with this?

biohacker,
Reactions: Cheebsy

biohacker

I can't afford a proxy, and did not use my Core 2.0 much. I am going to snag the TUG as it looks like it will suit my usage.
It's between the TUG and the other unit from JC. I have been watching @JCat and @biohacker for their opinions. Thanks! and Cheers!

No don't do that brother, the Core 2 is better than the Tug! Go with the Pockety!!! Proxy is cheaper though I think.

biohacker,
Reactions: mephisto

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Most folks on the discord say to stick with the Core 2 over the Tug.

I am thinking of a Proxy for fun, but I will always have a Core at my disposal.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: florduh

biohacker

I can't afford a proxy, and did not use my Core 2.0 much. I am going to snag the TUG as it looks like it will suit my usage.
It's between the TUG and the other unit from JC. I have been watching @JCat and @biohacker for their opinions. Thanks! and Cheers!

I've been thinking about this some more, and think it would be wise to ask you why you did not use your Core 2 much? How do you think the Tug would suit your usage better?

biohacker,

Ariwe

Hey all! Just got my Dabtech Duvo X – which according to Reddit is just a rebranded Core 2.0. I got it with the additional mouth piece recommended by @zikzak for a total of $157 shipped.

I tried it for the first time last night – turned it on, set it to blue, double clicked for session and waited till the vibration to inhale. Worked well! Didn't get huge clouds but I only use rice size amounts of rosin.

Wondering other peoples techniques? I saw a post on Reddit saying "Double click wait til the buzz. Click off. Double click wait til it’s just about to buzz and drop dab in. Cap and rip." Does this make any difference?

Ariwe,
Reactions: Mad_Max

minasch

I want to get my first erig. Is the Core 2.0 the best Choice for max 200€?

minasch,

Mad_Max

Has anyone had a chance to use the SiC cup insert for the Core 2.0 ceramic heaters? It's $45 so I've been hanging back.

Mad_Max,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Has anyone had a chance to use the SiC cup insert for the Core 2.0 ceramic heaters? It's $45 so I've been hanging back.

I thought about SIC awhile ago, but the replacement ceramic cups clean up so well, and are cheap enough that I didn’t want to bother with adding another internal cup, seemed like potentially more work to maintain….

BabyFacedFinster

Folks on the dtv5 discord say inserts are a waste of money for the v5 heaters, they just make your temp control more difficult
Agreed. I find the ceramic bucket works just fine for me without the need of any insert.

And BTW, I've been using the same heater/bucket for more than 6 months and it still cleans up with nothing more than a dry qtip if you swab right after using.

BabyFacedFinster

Hi folks,

Been a minute since I've posted to this thread. I had a second and thought I'd add a few updates. Amazingly, I still have not needed to buy a Core 2 of any kind. My highly modified Core 1 is still going strong, with the battery still holding a charge through multiple sessions. I use the damn thing every day and only need to charge it every 2 weeks or so.

Anyway, they now have a 2.1 version that includes a non-rebuildable V5 cup. Not quite sure how this is an upgrade from the regular V5 Core cup, and there is a 2.2 version where the lip of the ceramic cup is a smidge taller than the metal housing. This allows you to wipe your dabber off on the edge of the cup without getting concentrate in between the cup and the housing.

On DT's discord, there is some talk of a Core 3 on the horizon, Not quite sure of all the upgrades, but one thing they were discussing is a switch to Replaceable 18650's! That would be one hell of an upgrade! I will update if I hear anything new.

Finally, for those looking for new glass options. There have been a number of recyclers that have become available on DT's website. Besides the recyclers, there is a new cone shape that mimics the Peak.

and on other sites, such as HVT and discountenails.com, such as these
I really like the larger version here. The cost is quite reasonable, but I do hear that it adds some height and weight to the overall footprint. I might be pretty happy with my older flat top perc design for now.

So there you go. I'll end with a somewhat recent review of the Core 2 by Cewpins. He certainly vapes a lot and has a lot of positive feedback on the Core. Be well!

Last edited:
Top Bottom