Core 2.0 - Divine Tribe/SZ Crossing

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I haven't picked up a Core 2 yet. I'm kind of waiting to see what DT offers. I still haven't heard a specific date yet on their release, and I've been keeping track on their reddit page also. There is a part of me that wants to wait until they finally come out with an improved bubbler that holds more water and has a bent neck. For now, the V5 in my old Core seems to work pretty well.

My biggest issue is having to hunch your head over the bubbler and the amount of cooling is still a bit harsh on my throat. However this setup is still my DD and the best for my needs. I tried setting up my other standard V5 with arctic fox, a bottomless banger, and a much larger water pipe but just couldn't get it to work as effortlessly and well as the simple erig. ;)

androponic

vaped.
Fwiw, my v5 and old Core pair very well, and is still going strong
i am keeping my original core, according to HVT and some peeps on DT discord, you cannot use the older coils/dishes with the core 2.0. the new core ONLY works with the v5 coils. the OG core works with the V5 coils AND the original dishes as well as DTV4 as a mod base. something to do with the new firmware. so basically the OG is more versatile.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm very tempted to order a DC V5, as that cup with the sides heated is very attractive.

Does anyone think I'll be fine pairing it with the Eleaf Pico 75w or iStick Rim 80w mods that they sell on their site is enough, or would I be better off getting a different mod to power it?

ontopofclouds

how's the battery life holding up on your og cores?

i was always disappointed with the battery life from the start but its not a big deal because i don't use it that much. im curious to know if the battery performance noticeably deteriorates with heavier usage and if any of you guys are having issues with that

ontopofclouds,
Reactions: LesPlenty

androponic

vaped.
Another new glass option coming, this one designed by Matt at Divine Tribe. Looks like a matrix sidecar for the Core.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Another new glass option coming, this one designed by Matt at Divine Tribe. Looks like a matrix sidecar for the Core.

It's a great idea, but I agree with @SixStringToker that they really should have chosen a different perc for that...

Oh I didn't realize they already revealed this one on the right too, definitely more my style!
Screenshot-20220209-204559.png

And this micro enail kit looks interesting...

Last edited:

florduh

I'm very tempted to order a DC V5, as that cup with the sides heated is very attractive.

Does anyone think I'll be fine pairing it with the Eleaf Pico 75w or iStick Rim 80w mods that they sell on their site is enough, or would I be better off getting a different mod to power it?

The v5 works amazingly well in temp control on my Pico using stock settings.

florduh,
Reactions: Ramahs

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The v5 works amazingly well in temp control on my Pico using stock settings.

Hmmm...maybe I should just do it.

I'm becoming more and more confident that even if I buy a little wax pen, then i will still eventually get a Sai or SZDC, and the side-heating of the szdc really appeals to me, as I know with a regular banger and heater I also heat the sides when I use a torch.

Maybe I should just go ahead and drop the extra cash on the SZDC and be done with it :shrug:

BabyFacedFinster

I'm in the middle of their video and the Core 2 is kicking Troy's ass :rofl:Jerry seems to like it too. He has a proto bubbler from SZ that looks to be larger and studier than the one their showing on their IG page now. Can't wait for some options. The matrix bubbler looks like it holds more water.

I know others have already mentioned. The V5 kicks ass on the OG Core too, and I might spend some money on the glass options before I upgrade to the Core 2. Although I like the look of the new carb cap set up.

Also, I see that DT now has quartz and sic inserts for the V5.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Still waiting for them to release that matrix bubbler.

In the meanwhile, while surfing around I was lead to the dabtech Duvo which is just another Core 1 variant. They sell two different bubblers for the Duvo which, I'm assuming, would fit the Core. The Vibes bubbler helps with the bent neck, however it looks to be the same size as the regular bubbler. It's all a guess, but I'm not interested if you only get the benefit of the bent neck but no additional cooling. Maybe it's worth it to someone else. Looks to be free shipping. If someone picks one up, let us know how it goes.

zikzak

Still waiting for them to release that matrix bubbler.

In the meanwhile, while surfing around I was lead to the dabtech Duvo which is just another Core 1 variant. They sell two different bubblers for the Duvo which, I'm assuming, would fit the Core. The Vibes bubbler helps with the bent neck, however it looks to be the same size as the regular bubbler. It's all a guess, but I'm not interested if you only get the benefit of the bent neck but no additional cooling. Maybe it's worth it to someone else. Looks to be free shipping. If someone picks one up, let us know how it goes.

It fits. I was chatting with this guy on IG who has about every electronic device under the sun for dabbing-- and he took the exact plunge for the bent neck option from dabtech (which we believe they're just a Dabado rip off/rebrand/patent stealers).

It was cheap enough for me to place an order for it yesterday while we wait for something with more cooling. They also didn't apply my state tax so that was welcome but odd to see anymore from a US based store.

2022-02-26-8-52-34.jpg

2022-02-26-8-52-22.jpg

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

It fits. I was chatting with this guy on IG who has about every electronic device under the sun for dabbing-- and he took the exact plunge for the bent neck option from dabtech (which we believe they're just a Dabado rip off/rebrand/patent stealers).

It was cheap enough for me to place an order for it yesterday while we wait for something with more cooling. They also didn't apply my state tax so that was welcome but odd to see anymore from a US based store.

2022-02-26-8-52-34.jpg

2022-02-26-8-52-22.jpg
Thanks @zikzak. I'd be curious to know if the cooling is improved or similar to the OG bubbler.

BabyFacedFinster

Discountenails.com now has one of the new glass variations on their site. Ordered one last night with their 10% code.
I'm also still on the lookout for the matrix version.

zikzak

Thanks @zikzak. I'd be curious to know if the cooling is improved or similar to the OG bubbler.
After using this for a week now, I can say with certainty that the cooling is better. Although it's just a matter of two holes providing a perculating action of sorts...the dimensions of this top and internals elevates the Core 2.0 to where it should be.

Bent neck w small pinch(whether purposeful or not) as well as the small triangle like chamber heading up towards the mouthpiece makes for a perfectly metered and splash free inhalation experience. The device feels like a nice angled Sherlock inside out pipe from back in the day I used to smoke flower from daily.

I was just not wanting to stare downwards and inhale from above that the stock glass has you doing and that's all I expected from this top, but it's exceeded that clearly and I think it looks the part and right at home on the Core 2. The fitment is dead on as well...and Ive had no water flow back into the chamber but I'm also not one to be moving it around a lot.

You do need to be aware that this think is probably one inopportune fall over from breaking the neck so be mindful, it's height and the neck make it not as stout nor stocky as the stock top that can prob absorb more shock wo potentially breaking.

PXL-20220313-153605360.jpg

PXL-20220313-153445122.jpg

PXL-20220313-153451290.jpg

PXL-20220313-153533404.jpg

PXL-20220313-153546952.jpg

BabyFacedFinster

My new Core bubbler came today.

I am loving the new design. It is vastly more comfortable to vape without arching your neck over the top of the unit. In addition, the bubbler holds a bit more water than the OG glass and I do notice some additional cooling. Finally, from the above pic you will notice that it is not necessary to line up the air channel on the bottom of the bubbler with the vapor pathway channel in the unit. You can pop it on so that the mouthpiece is perpendicular to bowl. This makes it easier to see what your doing while vaping. I don't notice much change in draw resistance, which is a surprise. It also makes the Core look so much cooler. :cool: Discountenails.com said they will have them back in stock in 1-2 weeks.

I see that someone on reddit already modded the new bubbler to have a longer stem.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DivineTribeVaporizers/comments/tdn3x0
I may never upgrade to the Core 2. My OG Core now has the V5 heater and an improved bubbler. All I really need now is the new metal carb cap and shroud and my OG Core will be all pimped out. Is it worth spending another $190 just to get slightly faster heat up? Maybe I'll wait until this Core shits the bed. I will buy the new matrix bubbler when that comes out in a few weeks.

Last edited:

EvilJay

How is cleaning the core with heavy use ? I will let find out soon enough lol I ordered a 2.0 and should be here Monday🍻😎

androponic

vaped.
I think I'm about to find out this weekend. I'm not getting any vapor from my unit, hopefully it just needs a good cleaning.
while you are cleaning make sure to check the set screes that hold the V5 dish to the 510 adapter. just in case.

androponic,
Reactions: Boreus

BabyFacedFinster

How is cleaning the core with heavy use ? I will let find out soon enough lol I ordered a 2.0 and should be here Monday🍻😎

With daily use, mine stays pretty clean for a while as long as I do some basic maintenance. I change the water most every day and once a week I do an iso rinse. The V5 bowl has a glazed finish which cleans up very easily if you swab after each dab. The carb cap and housing get an iso soak when they build up enough reclaim.

Luckily I've only had to take the V5 apart for cleaning once. Mostly because the outer walls of the ceramic cup got chazzed and the whole unit was sticky with reclaim. DT suggests a burn off on a mod set to 36w using a heat sink. I took mine apart and had an issue with breaking a tiny ceramic insulator. They don't recommend soaking ceramic parts in iso, but it seems involved to pick out those parts before soaking the metal housing. I ended up cleaning off the chazzed spots with a torch, which probably risks cracking. Anyway, getting the V5 perfectly clean again apears to be a big pain in the ass, but as long as you not overloading the cup, the V5 remains clean enough for quite a while, YMMV.

BTW, Divine Tribe is now selling Core 2 units on their site.

Top Bottom