Core 2.0 - Divine Tribe/SZ Crossing

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
After spending the last few days with my VerdaVap, I had the chance for a proper play with my Core 2.1 last night and today. (The "testing phase" has left me high as balls...)

I found a couple of videos that Lee from TTB had done, including using his whip hose with the sidecar bubbler. So I'm now running it through the sidecar and the TTB, and if nothing else it's become a super visual experience. Especially when doing cold starts, and you're drawing and drawing and drawing and you get nothing, then all of a sudden it comes to life with a massive vapour cloud.

A couple of questions:
- my atomizer went brown (chazzed?) in one bowl. As in, I'd been using it a few times, cleaning it, successfully keeping it bright white - then it went from clean to brown in one use. This is on the "white" temperature (so there's still another setting to go!) Potential causes I can think of are 1) the balls weren't spinning, or 2) different material needs different temps, and maybe "white" was too hot for the "dry diamonds" (sans sauce) that I'm using. Are there other potential causes I need to be aware of? (Can your balls be too small? And can the bowl "overheat" with successive session mode activations? Cos I've been using it on the white heat setting all day.)

- with the increased visibility, it's obvious that the vapour kinds of comes and goes. The Core seams to heat up in the middle of the "session mode" cycle and produce a really great cloud, but then seems to cool down towards the end of the cycle. It times out, you double click it again, and once again you get a big cloud in the middle of the session. (Depending on how big a piece of concentrate I use, sometimes the same thing happens a 3rd time.) Does anyone else have this issue? Is it normal or is my Core heater doing something weird?

Thanks again everyone.

I agree that it sounds like you scorched your bowl by either overheating or hitting it until you began charring the reclaim. I wouldn't use dry concentrates like traditional hash or bubble hash. Not sure what you mean by dry diamonds? Like pure THC crystals? I would stick with bho products and rosin. Even so, rosin has a lot of natural wax residue that can foul the cup if you overheat it or fail to swab clean after every sesh.
I tend to use a lot of live and cured resin. I load a rice grain size, then only use the session heating until it reaches temp then click it off. I only hold the button down while actively hitting so it doesn't continue to heat like in session mode. I get about 4-5 hits then swab it out completely while there's some liquid reclaim floating around. My cup stays perfectly clean and white on the inside.
Keep practicing!

AndyO

Yeah, when I say "dry" diamonds - it's diamonds without sauce. They just look like little crystal shards.

Unfortunately I don't really get a choice when it comes to concentrates, Australia is so far behind. Your choices are Diamonds, Shatter, or Afghan Hash (sometimes). To be honest, it doesn't really have a taste, but it achieves the intended purpose of getting me super blasted really quickly.

Thanks for the info re: bowl scorching, it sounds like there's a really fine line in extracting the bowl then scorching it. While the situation with vape bans in Australia sucks, it did mean that I was sent a bunch of additional atomizers that my former vape store had no use for, so I'll keep using the original bowl while I sort it out, then I'll switch it out when I'm more confident in the timing.

Top Bottom