Core 2.0 - Divine Tribe/SZ Crossing

EvilJay

I have had mine for a week ,a little learning curve ,I fried a cup doing too of large hits and kept firing it in manual .the spare has worked perfect ,also Sai top flow coils work in the new core 2.0, Wire Coils glow in under 2 seconds on the lowest setting, Titanium and quartz buckets heat right up .

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I have had mine for a week ,a little learning curve ,I fried a cup doing too of large hits and kept firing it in manual .the spare has worked perfect ,also Sai top flow coils work in the new core 2.0, Wire Coils glow in under 2 seconds on the lowest setting, Titanium and quartz buckets heat right up .
One issue is if you load too much, it spills over the lip of the cup and drips down the unit. It also causes chazzing on the outside of the cup. At least this is what I noticed.

I didn't know the Core 2 can use TAF stuff. I thought it was only interchangable with Sequoia coils so that is good to know. Although for me there is no going back to the Ti bucket after using the V5.

On another note, I upgraded my OG Core glass bubble cap to the new metal carb cap and housing. There is a definite improvement on hits and ease of use. I swirl the carb cap, but with the angled airholes you probably don't even need to do that.

Robdog7

I guess I'm just spoiled by my Gpen connect, but I'm not wowed by the Core 2.0 at all. Brown gunk after every dab compared to the gpen connect having white ceramic/tasting clean after 100 dabs. Maybe I got a dud? Using it on blue with a terp pearl, getting decent hits but a bit airy despite using the cap, and tasting like old dabs that I can't clean off the ceramic.

IDK what I'm doing wrong, don't love the thought of troubleshooting by tightening screws. I used to have an RDA back in the day but these days I just want a simple experience and the core doesn't deliver on that front.

The only positive I see so far is portability due to the case. And that's not really worth it if I don't like the function of the device.

Thoughts? Or am I about to be burned at the stake for this post

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
No reason to be burned, though you posted in the wrong place so I don't know if anyone is going to see it that can help, this is the thread for the core 2.0

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Robdog7

BabyFacedFinster

Funny, cause I started this thread and still haven't picked up a Core 2 yet. My OG is so upgraded that the base is the only original part. I'll replace it one day when the battery dies, but it keeps chugging along. Besides the V5 heater and metal carb cap, I have also been dabbling in some of the newer glass.

I had been using this little tit glass for the longest time and love it.

But I just picked up the flat top matrix and you definitely notice the increased cooling. They say the extra agitation loses flavor but I really don't notice it. It's a winner. A little pricey for a small bubbler, but thankyou10 gets you 10% off.

BakedDiogenes

Funny, cause I started this thread and still haven't picked up a Core 2 yet. My OG is so upgraded that the base is the only original part. I'll replace it one day when the battery dies, but it keeps chugging along. Besides the V5 heater and metal carb cap, I have also been dabbling in some of the newer glass.

I had been using this little tit glass for the longest time and love it.

But I just picked up the flat top matrix and you definitely notice the increased cooling. They say the extra agitation loses flavor but I really don't notice it. It's a winner. A little pricey for a small bubbler, but thankyou10 gets you 10% off.
I thoroughly enjoy the core 2.0 and have mostly been interested in glass upgrades too.

Did you notice the new recycler top?

BabyFacedFinster

I thoroughly enjoy the core 2.0 and have mostly been interested in glass upgrades too.

Did you notice the new recycler top?

Thanks @BakedDiogenes. Yes, I heard about it through a reddit post on their site. It does look pretty cool, but the price was a bit hefty for me.

BakedDiogenes

Decided to pick up the new atomizers, dubbed “2.1”, which are a postless design. No set screws on wire legs to cause possible resistance changes when heating. $30 a pop from discountenails.

I will report back when they arrive, but has anyone tried them out yet? I imagine it’s more an ease of use upgrade versus any kind of performance boost.

Might have picked up that recycler rig, too.

BakedDiogenes

Cups and recycler (though I don’t see much recycling) have arrived! Decent glass top for $60. Comes solidly packed in a cardboard box with foam insert. Atomizers are solid in construction, though the bucket does have a bit of movement when qtipping. Bought two, so I’m gonna throw one on a mod to see if resistance fluctuates at some point. I can foresee oil getting between the bucket and the metal housing, especially if one were to rip fairly hard and cause the oil to creep up. My second hit in the video I pulled harder to see if I could get some water recycling and oil had deposited on top of the metal housing.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Cups and recycler (though I don’t see much recycling) have arrived! Decent glass top for $60. Comes solidly packed in a cardboard box with foam insert. Atomizers are solid in construction, though the bucket does have a bit of movement when qtipping. Bought two, so I’m gonna throw one on a mod to see if resistance fluctuates at some point. I can foresee oil getting between the bucket and the metal housing, especially if one were to rip fairly hard and cause the oil to creep up. My second hit in the video I pulled harder to see if I could get some water recycling and oil had deposited on top of the metal housing.

Try loading more water, that way you can recycle with a soft draw, tricky game

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

DeezVaprz

Howdy everyone. I've been using and loving my Core 1.0 w/ SiC cup for about a year now and am still absolutely in love. I owned it for about 4-5 months beforehand with the Ti bucket and it was great, but the SiC is on a whole other level. Using the white setting (Level 3 on Core 1.0) I find a preheat or two are a must to really gets things going but when my battery life dies down a bit I have to move to Green (Level 4). Starting at Green with some materials tend to get them a little more cooked than I'd like at first so starting at white has been great, just kills battery after those ghost sessions.

To anyone who has both the 1.0 and 2.0/2.1, do you notice any real battery life changes? Any increase in power output? I've been considering picking up a replacement 2.0 battery as I really love my SiC bucket and aftermarket tops but don't know if I'd be really noticing a difference or not.

Thanks!

DeezVaprz,

DeezVaprz

i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong but i believe the battery is exactly the same
From what I've been seeing the 2.0 has a 3150 mAh battery vs the 3000 mAh on the Core OG. My biggest reason for upgrading would be for less preheating needed w/ my SiC cup which will translate to better battery life.

*Found on Reddit*
-Red (Coils) is around 500F max (2.9V)
-Blue (Coils) is around 806F max (3.2V)
-White (buckets) is around 464F max (3.7V) without air passing over
-Green (buckets) is around 572F max (4.2V) - also without air passing over it

*Found on HVT*
The total session time for the Core 2.0 has been upgraded to 80 seconds, this includes the pre-heat time.
-Blue – 12.5 second pre-heat – Approx. 400°
-Green – 13 second pre-heat – Approx. 425°
-White – 17.5 second pre-heat – Approx. 465°
-Red – 22.5 second pre-heat – Approx. 500°

Setting four was dropped down quite a bit. Looks like a nice temp in between the OGs 3/4. Setting three seems the same which is ok. Looks like I'd get a longer manual fire (60secs vs 15 secs), and longer session timer too (80secs vs 60secs).

I wonder if that extra 150mAh (if it's even there) provides any extra power or life. It looks like there are definitely some benefits that I would make good use of. Answered my own question but I might have to pick up an upgrade and keep the old one as a spare!

Last edited:

dutchey666

From what I've been seeing the 2.0 has a 3150 mAh battery vs the 3000 mAh on the Core OG. My biggest reason for upgrading would be for less preheating needed w/ my SiC cup which will translate to better battery life.

*Found on Reddit*
-Red (Coils) is around 500F max (2.9V)
-Blue (Coils) is around 806F max (3.2V)
-White (buckets) is around 464F max (3.7V) without air passing over
-Green (buckets) is around 572F max (4.2V) - also without air passing over it

*Found on HVT*
The total session time for the Core 2.0 has been upgraded to 80 seconds, this includes the pre-heat time.
-Blue – 12.5 second pre-heat – Approx. 400°
-Green – 13 second pre-heat – Approx. 425°
-White – 17.5 second pre-heat – Approx. 465°
-Red – 22.5 second pre-heat – Approx. 500°

Setting four was dropped down quite a bit. Looks like a nice temp in between the OGs 3/4. Setting three seems the same which is ok. Looks like I'd get a longer manual fire (60secs vs 15 secs), and longer session timer too (80secs vs 60secs).

I wonder if that extra 150mAh (if it's even there) provides any extra power or life. It looks like there are definitely some benefits that I would make good use of. Answered my own question but I might have to pick up an upgrade and keep the old one as a spare!
I've got the og core with the 2.0 atomizer, I find the green temp setting dabs perfectly. Just borderline chazzing that's easy to qtip out. 12+ dabs per charge isn't too bad.

dutchey666,

Mowjo

I picked up the 2.0 from HVT and I love it. Their new perc style bubbler is incredible. Feels kinda like a MJ Arsenal Titan with extra airflow.

Looking forward to grabbing a SiC cup and cub soon. ;) accidentally chazzed the original cup because I did not clean it... oops.

BabyFacedFinster

I've got the og core with the 2.0 atomizer, I find the green temp setting dabs perfectly. Just borderline chazzing that's easy to qtip out. 12+ dabs per charge isn't too bad.
I also use an OG core with the DTV5. My unit might run a bit cooler. I find the white setting to be great for cool dabs. In fact, I start hitting before it gets to temp. As soon as it reaches temp I click it off. I find my temps just before the white setting to be perfect. I then pulse the button to keep my hits just below the white setting.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

I also use an OG core with the DTV5. My unit might run a bit cooler. I find the white setting to be great for cool dabs. In fact, I start hitting before it gets to temp. As soon as it reaches temp I click it off. I find my temps just before the white setting to be perfect. I then pulse the button to keep my hits just below the white setting.

How does it compare to a cold start torched dab off of a ruby insert? Sorry, I can't remember but thought you had this setup!

biohacker,

DeezVaprz

Has anyone tried to use the Core 2.0 with any 1.0 coils? I'm still looking to upgrade but really love my current SiC setup and have a new one ready to go. The V5 heater looks great no doubt, but I loooove my SiC setup.

DeezVaprz,

BabyFacedFinster

The Core is still my concentrate mainstay. I haven't even upgraded to the Core 2 yet, but my V1 is modded to the hilt. The battery is still holding strong after almost 2 years of daily use.

biohacker

Finally decided to pick one of these up. Hope I like it and makes a good companion to my Proxy when travelling and in the Summer.

How are you liking it dude? How is the flavour? Cleanup? Any chaz? I'll likely grab one on 4/20.

biohacker,
Reactions: LesPlenty

JCat

Accessory Maker
How are you liking it dude? How is the flavour? Cleanup? Any chaz? I'll likely grab one on 4/20.
I'm really loving it! So far it checks off all the boxes in a major way.

• Easy to maintain, with super easy cleanup
  • No chaz whatsoever
  • Haven't had to even do a deep clean of atomizer, when I clean the water piece, I wipe out the device, remove the atomizer, and wipe it down with ISO wipes/ISO q-tips, and so far have gotten it so clean each time I haven't felt the need to go any further. Pretty much device is like brand new every time I change the water with an added few minutes of cleaning.
  • Taste is absolutely great and compares with a sapphire/ruby banger setup in my opinion (and the easy cold start dabs are great)
  • I'm using a quartz pi bubble cap from 710 coils on it (my original 25mm one I had is a perfect fit). It's WAY better with the bubble cap vs the stock cap in my opinion
  • The recycler is a great add-on, especially from the perspective of the added water volume, and it just hits great (the stock glass hits well too, no complaints there and will be great on the go)
Been hitting this and my Proxy primarily lately they're both just so pleasant (although also in honeymoon phase of course, playing with new toys). This one's a definite keeper though ... it's truly an e-rig that actually doesn't waste and hits/cleans up as easy as a desktop setup.

Core2-recycler.jpg

biohacker

my original 25mm one I had is a perfect fit). It's WAY better with the bubble cap vs the stock cap in my opinion

Do your other 25mm pi caps not fit as well?

Thanks for your feedback brother, I think you just pushed me over the VAS edge on this one, but will be patient until 4/20 sales at herb cafe. Where did you order your from? Herb cafe?

Top Bottom