• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap High Quality Bubbler

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Is an ash catcher used in place of a water pipe to help smooth out the vape?
Right. An Ash Catcher and a j-hook can be combined to make a nice small water piece. Or, of course, it can be used dry.
Honey-AC-and-hook-Small.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think I picked it up off ebay. A lot of adapters and accessories are available there. Other than ebay, most of my glass is from China. I DO have a couple pieces I like from Goo Roo which is in Oregon, and OGB out there makes nice adapters tho they are pricier...

Added: This is not the same but it is similar...

Last edited:

BobLobLaw

What about this Pulsar honeycomb ash catcher? The male end is low enough that it may fit my j-hook and leave clearance under the catcher. I'd like the base of the j-hook to sit lower than the ash catcher when all connected. TM2 would go on the other end.

Pulsar Honeycomb Ash Catcher

BobLobLaw,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What about this Pulsar honeycomb ash catcher? The male end is low enough that it may fit my j-hook and leave clearance under the catcher. I'd like the base of the j-hook to sit lower than the ash catcher when all connected. TM2 would go on the other end.

Pulsar Honeycomb Ash Catcher

Way overpriced, those are a dime a dozen on DHgate and eBay, I also don't think they're ideal unless you want a lot of filtration diffusion less flavor retention etc

BobLobLaw

Way overpriced, those are a dime a dozen on DHgate and eBay, I also don't think they're ideal unless you want a lot of filtration diffusion less flavor retention etc
Thanks for the heads up. Do you mean ash catchers in general are not ideal or this specific design?

BobLobLaw,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the heads up. Do you mean ash catchers in general are not ideal or this specific design?

That particular design, honeycomb, natural honeycomb rather, I got one of them early on my experimenting. But also yes many ash catchers are a dime a dozen so it's not worth paying much just to try one imo

If you want my recommendation for one of the nicest ash catch I think for me it's this:
From the place that has the grav stuff (pretty much identical, very thick glass, fast shipping, responsive and accommodating)

Could mix it up with a hook, and add filtration to a water piece, I prefer the water piece or a dry hook or a dry piece, I like to use s-shaped drop down adapters with my pieces to add a little extra cooling and keep the water cleaner and for nicer ergonomics now. Have not used an ash catcher in a long time, but there are many options...

Alligator427

I think I picked it up off ebay. A lot of adapters and accessories are available there. Other than ebay, most of my glass is from China. I DO have a couple pieces I like from Goo Roo which is in Oregon, and OGB out there makes nice adapters tho they are pricier...

Added: This is not the same but it is similar...
I never try honey comb. Airflow is nice ? Not to filtrated for vap ?

Alligator427,

BobLobLaw

That particular design, honeycomb, natural honeycomb rather, I got one of them early on my experimenting. But also yes many ash catchers are a dime a dozen so it's not worth paying much just to try one imo

If you want my recommendation for one of the nicest ash catch I think for me it's this:
From the place that has the grav stuff (pretty much identical, very thick glass, fast shipping, responsive and accommodating)

Could mix it up with a hook, and add filtration to a water piece, I prefer the water piece or a dry hook or a dry piece, I like to use s-shaped drop down adapters with my pieces to add a little extra cooling and keep the water cleaner and for nicer ergonomics now. Have not used an ash catcher in a long time, but there are many options...
Thank you for the explanation. I'll look further into this one.

BobLobLaw,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I never try honey comb. Airflow is nice ? Not to filtrated for vap ?
On a small piece like that for me cooling is more important than flavor retention as not that much flavor gets robbed, but a shower perc or mushroom perc would be more ideal. I haven't tried one but folks like tree percs in ash catchers too.
This site has a lot of interesting options, tho it is a bit pricey. https://www.badassglass.com/collections/ash-catchers

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
hi folks, i hope it’s ok to ask for help regarding what may have been a cheap, low quality purchase.. 😵‍💫
C96-C2-FF7-3-BAE-434-D-A9-CE-8-F4-C23-B6-A16-A.jpg

got this off ebay, the glass looked good and i loved the color (i’m not fan of scientific stuff) but it is coated! i had no idea that was a thing!! :doh:

0-B29-B11-D-F3-E6-45-E0-A8-E3-2-C6-AAB8-BB4-C4.jpg

it is chipping significantly on the mouth. can i salvage it in any way? shame about the fun color but it functions so well wasting it altogether saddens me more. thanks for any advice!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
it is chipping significantly on the mouth. can i salvage it in any way?
Is it actually chipping off, have you seen any flakes?
It may just be a bit of 'miss-firing' during the manufacturing process.
I have been looking at Style 'B' in the following listing as it looks like a simple inline down facing perc that may be good for a change,
glass-hookah-rig-bubbler-bong-for-smoking.jpg

Any thoughts?
Also, this looked...interesting,
rBVaWV1uHvuAOgtoAAErHd8qzDw890.jpg

Shit Snacks

hi folks, i hope it’s ok to ask for help regarding what may have been a cheap, low quality purchase.. 😵‍💫
C96-C2-FF7-3-BAE-434-D-A9-CE-8-F4-C23-B6-A16-A.jpg

got this off ebay, the glass looked good and i loved the color (i’m not fan of scientific stuff) but it is coated! i had no idea that was a thing!! :doh:

0-B29-B11-D-F3-E6-45-E0-A8-E3-2-C6-AAB8-BB4-C4.jpg

it is chipping significantly on the mouth. can i salvage it in any way? shame about the fun color but it functions so well wasting it altogether saddens me more. thanks for any advice!

Oh sorry, that sucks, do you think it is coming off with alcohol to clean? You can also try vinegar... Yeah if something has a metallic sheen, it could be coded, that's why I've stayed away from any of the rainbow metallic glass from China that I've seen on eBay from Phoenix Glass mostly, it looks so nice but I am too afraid of it haha Yeah unfortunately you cannot get this shade of pink in regular glass...

Is it actually chipping off, have you seen any flakes?
It may just be a bit of 'miss-firing' during the manufacturing process.
I have been looking at Style 'B' in the following listing as it looks like a simple inline down facing perc that may be good for a change,
glass-hookah-rig-bubbler-bong-for-smoking.jpg

Any thoughts?

That style of inline rig is a dime a dozen all over DHgate, I don't know if they are all quite that size or that price though, but something is weird looking with that perc? Why is there a prong above and below it, making it very skinny, never seen one like that...

Also, this looked...interesting,
rBVaWV1uHvuAOgtoAAErHd8qzDw890.jpg

Haha Yeah I've seen these two, there's another one that looks like some kind of dessert in side the cube, I don't know what they're supposed to do, I think they're crack pipes though? They look more like that hookah style with the hose connecting

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Why is there a prong above and below it, making it very skinny, never seen one like that...
Just having a guess, but I would say the 18mm joint outlet in the bong is a standard size and it has to be 'pinched' to fit the perc.

LesPlenty,

Green420

My mini 4'5 inch shower head recycler from Thick Ass Glass arrived in a timely fashion. Here's a picture, and my initial impressions of the device. The base is 12mm, the walls are 4-3mm. So not the thickest piece in the world, but they tell you at TAG that you can't make things that thick at this size. So it's a trade off, but I suppose for something so small it does feel rather substantial and has a thickness to it. You'd f*** it up if you sat on it though, I'm sure.

The air flow is better with the dynavap than something like the mega globe mk 2 which takes a lot of inhaling to fill the thing. The air flow will never be that good with the dynavap, but there's only the tiny little chamber so it's not a problem and takes no more effort to fill than you would inhaling on the regular dynavap stem. The vapor is cool enough, I haven't yet noticed any hotness and I use a torch lighter to heat it. I wouldn't say it's any more or less cool than the Mega Globe Mk 2

This is a second quality model, I don't really know what's wrong with it, and I got it for 110 dollars less than first quality at 40 bucks 😂 There is, I suppose, one discomfort I can say about the piece which I predicted. The dynavap sticks out kind of close to your face, which is a problem because that's what you heat to get the vapor, it's what I would call a semi-dangerous design flaw in the dynavap. It's not difficult to avoid getting hit by it, but it's a bit like a threatening person coming right up to you and staring you in the face; you don't want that experience. You can still put your face vertically facing the thing and inhale on it from that angle, but you still get the feeling that you have to be careful about how you pull out the dynavap to clear the chamber so it doesn't pop out and hit your face. I did, nonetheless, order a 10mm - 10mm drop down adapter which should solve this problem.

I have no idea, yet, how I will clean it, it already has little pieces of some sort of debris sitting in the walls of the chamber. So I'm not going to want to let this one get too caked before I decide to clean it, because the chamber is a recycler the water will only fall back down to the bottom from the top chamber, which I can only imagine will make getting the walls of the recycler clean enough a somewhat technical task.

I think it's a really cute piece, looks pretty cool, and you can pick it up effortlessly to hold it in one hand while you vape. Still looking out for my Goo Roo small inline to arrive in the mail, which I predict will be much better about not having a hot cap so close to your face.
308115149_466892648814022_8721782563756544596_n.jpg

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

That modular TAG with shower head donut is the one that a lot of people like, right?

Was it possible to pre order before? I can't remember but if it wasn't it might mean they are preparing to manufacture a batch?

Also 20% discounted from msrp and with the 25% coupon brings it down to 150$ seems worth it.

__

I am considering to get one of those straight fab bent neck off dhgate. I think it's the ones @Shit Snacks posted with the pricing a bit all over the place.

That Swiss cheese from eBay is also intriguing but it's pricey to get to EU and these types are hard to find affordable and well executed. There was one in Germany but it had this god damn honeycomb with no inline lol that put me off.

I'm looking for something to use with a Herborizer and these seem pretty ideal. Some percolating, pretty tall path through water, compressed path through air being beaten around by the grates/holes creating more cooling.

Shit Snacks

That modular TAG with shower head donut is the one that a lot of people like, right?

Was it possible to pre order before? I can't remember but if it wasn't it might mean they are preparing to manufacture a batch?

Also 20% discounted from msrp and with the 25% coupon brings it down to 150$ seems worth it.

Oh, nice! Yeah it has been out of stock for a while, so they must have a big shipment coming, nice to allow pre-ordering... Eventually they will have 30 or 35% off sales to make it even cheaper, but that is a fair price probably especially now with a mouthpiece included! (note, it is not really a shower head, it is more of a fountainhead since the slits are facing up, they used to just call it super slit donut and mine does have a lot of slits, hard to tell from the photo of this one, but it may have fewer slits actually...)

I am considering to get one of those straight fab bent neck off dhgate. I think it's the ones @Shit Snacks posted with the pricing a bit all over the place.

Yeah you can message them, ask for more photos, I am a little curious about the perc on that one, but you also might like the modular piece I ordered from that seller too?

That Swiss cheese from eBay is also intriguing but it's pricey to get to EU and these types are hard to find affordable and well executed. There was one in Germany but it had this god damn honeycomb with no inline lol that put me off.

Yeah unfortunate with the EU shipping, but this one does look very well executed as I said, perhaps even better than the one I have, and it is a very nice functional piece that I am happy I have! This one is a little more expensive, but it looks a little better as I said, I am tempted but have too much lol all you need is a female to female dropdown adapter, and it's so much extra cooling even dry!

I'm looking for something to use with a Herborizer and these seem pretty ideal. Some percolating, pretty tall path through water, compressed path through air being beaten around by the grates/holes creating more cooling.

So I would also recommend the Gili Glass version of the straight fab, it is on sale now, and there are DHg coupons, so it is the best price at least in the US, and I think it is a decent perc with a better airflow mouthpiece... Did you check out AJS's videos of it with his herbo??

I had to order one because of the price and liking these type of pieces, need to sell more stuff! Ha

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Oh, nice! Yeah it has been out of stock for a while, so they must have a big shipment coming, nice to allow pre-ordering... Eventually they will have 30 or 35% off sales to make it even cheaper
30% off is popping up for me when I go to the site. I bought this piece in January and it was cheaper then. Good piece and very solid to use sitting at a desk. A little much for hand holding which is my preference, but still possible and I am glad I have it. I like the ability to swap out different mouthpieces on the "superslit donut" and it also puts your face a little further from the can.

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Oh, nice! Yeah it has been out of stock for a while, so they must have a big shipment coming
I just saw it says in review section it's at least two months out, which isn't that long per se. Might decide to go that route.

If you zoom in this photo you can see the slots are about as wide as the space in between I guess?

Yeah you can message them, ask for more photos, I am a little curious about the perc on that one, but you also might like the modular piece I ordered from that seller too?
Yeah I contacted them. I didn't realize you got that modular piece from them as well. It's the colorful 3 piece with the hollow Marie base right?
So I would also recommend the Gili Glass version of the straight fab, it is on sale now, and there are DHg coupons, so it is the best price at least in the US, and I think it is a decent perc with a better airflow mouthpiece... Did you check out AJS's videos of it with his herbo??

I had to order one because of the price and liking these type of pieces, need to sell more stuff! Ha
I hate to ask but do you have a link to the storefront? I can never find the right one. (Or a suggestion how to find it)

Edit: I think it's quite similar to this one? Which is in EU already so might be more affordable at 69 without shipping, but the space between that perc and the egg is a bit narrow.

Last edited:
Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks
Top Bottom