Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Green420

cool, how do you like the function on that? I super appreciate you posting it - I'd been eyeing it but was holding out for a 2nd quality, since the first time I saw it I saw a 2nd and didn't pull the trigger before someone else did, and was kikcing myself bc it's one that's so deeply discounted (some TAG 2Qs are only like 10-15% off; this one's closer to 50). I'd checked back a few times but eventually forgot about it, til I saw your post, so I checked, and a 2Q was there! I grabbed it, $65 shipped and I'm usually v happy w TAG 2nds. Just got their mini recycler in the mail today, actually, to use w my TM2, since it was cheaper than the official TM2 bubbler, and it's so nice, as is this one that I first ordered as a 2Q, til I saw the ones w colored accents and was super impressed. Gotta give TAG props for that, I wasn't sure they'd accept a return of a 2Q.
https://ibb.co/848p0qV (i've tried to post that as a pic using difft hosts, to no avail. bear w me plz folks as I learn the forum's kinks)

Oh, anybody know what it means on the hammer head product page, re "concave top for quick access"? Quick access to what?
Can you tell me if the 10mm input on your mini recycler is pointed slightly towards the stem/top chamber?

Green420,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Will an ash catcher with a recycler help keep water out of the stem or is this more of a gimmick on these small pieces?

What do you mean keep water out of the stem? I think that one doesn't look so good with the double circ, seems unnecessary, I don't know how well it would recycle either, but I don't think it would make any sense on another water piece, better with a hook...?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BobLobLaw

BobLobLaw

What do you mean keep water out of the stem? I think that one doesn't look so good with the double circ, seems unnecessary, I don't know how well it would recycle either, but I don't think it would make any sense on another water piece, better with a hook...?
I meant keeping water from exiting out of the male end pointed down that'll connect to a j hook I have.

BobLobLaw,

Shit Snacks

I meant keeping water from exiting out of the male end pointed down that'll connect to a j hook I have.

I think that is still going to depend on the amount of water and how hard you rip it, not sure I see why a recycler would necessarily help with that per se? Even a fancy one like this:

I feel like I've seen better ones than the one you linked at least better perc etc though I'm not sure how well these recycler ash catchers work so let us know if you grab one!

Shit Snacks,

Petetbay

Will an ash catcher with a recycler help keep water out of the stem or is this more of a gimmick on these small pieces?
I have one similar to one you show and I like it. Mine has 2 outlets to the male joint the lower support glass was actually another outlet causing water to get out to joint so I plugged it with a rubber plug and now it’s perfect. On the one you show it looks like lower glass support is solid and not another outlet so I think you’re good to go.

Petetbay,

cptofnthng

I don't use a bubbler often, but the one i have is a cheap 20$ glass bong that you can get at any headshop.
Works perfect, has a small percolator, and is pretty small.

I don't think Its worth it to spend alot of money on a bubbler, unless you plan to vape exclusively out of it.
I think you will find that most people here dont agree at all. There is a huge variety of different glass pieces. I refused for a while too, because of the druggy look of things, but now i have 4 different ones and my taste got better and elaborated with time.
But If your just referring to expensive bongs, i might agree, im totally satisified with my 40 Dollar dhgate pieces.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think you will find that most people here dont agree at all. There is a huge variety of different glass pieces. I refused for a while too, because of the druggy look of things, but now i have 4 different ones and my taste got better and elaborated with time.
But If your just referring to expensive bongs, i might agree, im totally satisified with my 40 Dollar dhgate pieces.
Agreed that good glass is worth it. But as this thread illustrates, good glass is not always expensive.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

My straight fab came in! Went with the one from Germany (rebranded Gili Glass) because with taxes and customs adding up it didn't make sense risking having to wait a month. Especially since my herbo has landed.

CE87952-F-7958-40-C6-B603-9937-D635-A5-F0.jpg

Posted a video in the Herborizer thread:
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herborizer-corner.83/post-1676468

Very happy with it. It's a great combo, nice water piece, functional and well put together.

Green420

I've cleaned the thing about once in the last 6 days; 3-4 days ago, about 72 hours, was the last time I cleaned the rig. The dynavap converter I clean more frequently. This is what it looks like now. Is there any reason there's such an intense buildup in this piece? I didn't have this problem at all when I used the sneaky pete mini globe, although the mega globe did have some buildup on the sides. I wonder if it's just that this CBD weed is extra resinous or something.
309261599_5728275113921654_2490487249492333513_n.jpg

Shit Snacks

I've cleaned the thing about once in the last 6 days; 3-4 days ago, about 72 hours, was the last time I cleaned the rig. The dynavap converter I clean more frequently. This is what it looks like now. Is there any reason there's such an intense buildup in this piece? I didn't have this problem at all when I used the sneaky pete mini globe, although the mega globe did have some buildup on the sides. I wonder if it's just that this CBD weed is extra resinous or something.
309261599_5728275113921654_2490487249492333513_n.jpg

Yeah depending on material and other such factors, that is normal, when you have a smaller glass piece, especially a recycler with those narrow uptake tubes and drains, the material can condense, basically wherever the water isn't. That is why many people have to clean more often, part of why I like that I have so many different pieces now I can rotate, but also remember I always use a dropdown adapter to help keep my water piece cleaner longer (you will always get build up though because the vapor itself not necessarily particulates of course)

Green420

My custom order from Goo Roo is taking a while, I ordered it a week and a half ago. I understand it taking a week to get the piece made (even though they said "we try to get all items made within the first 24 hours and shipped out as soon as possible" in an email confirmation of my order). I ordered the inline percolator facing downwards and they didn't have any like that pre-made. But they've said they'd ship it last Saturday, then they said they'd ship it yesterday. Now it's Wednesday, still no shipping confirmation.

Green420,

Shit Snacks

My custom order from Goo Roo is taking a while, I ordered it a week and a half ago. I understand it taking a week to get the piece made (even though they said "we try to get all items made within the first 24 hours and shipped out as soon as possible" in an email confirmation of my order). I ordered the inline percolator facing downwards and they didn't have any like that pre-made. But they've said they'd ship it last Saturday, then they said they'd ship it yesterday. Now it's Wednesday, still no shipping confirmation.

This is typical if you look at past experience with them, someone started a thread just for them though it is not very active yet, you have to keep emailing or even call them to make sure they follow through, for the most part I have been pretty lucky, sometimes it took one or two follow up, sometimes no tracking provided etc. Good luck!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Green420

My mini 4'5 inch shower head recycler from Thick Ass Glass arrived in a timely fashion. Here's a picture, and my initial impressions of the device. The base is 12mm, the walls are 4-3mm. So not the thickest piece in the world, but they tell you at TAG that you can't make things that thick at this size. So it's a trade off, but I suppose for something so small it does feel rather substantial and has a thickness to it. You'd f*** it up if you sat on it though, I'm sure.

The air flow is better with the dynavap than something like the mega globe mk 2 which takes a lot of inhaling to fill the thing. The air flow will never be that good with the dynavap, but there's only the tiny little chamber so it's not a problem and takes no more effort to fill than you would inhaling on the regular dynavap stem. The vapor is cool enough, I haven't yet noticed any hotness and I use a torch lighter to heat it. I wouldn't say it's any more or less cool than the Mega Globe Mk 2

This is a second quality model, I don't really know what's wrong with it, and I got it for 110 dollars less than first quality at 40 bucks 😂 There is, I suppose, one discomfort I can say about the piece which I predicted. The dynavap sticks out kind of close to your face, which is a problem because that's what you heat to get the vapor, it's what I would call a semi-dangerous design flaw in the dynavap. It's not difficult to avoid getting hit by it, but it's a bit like a threatening person coming right up to you and staring you in the face; you don't want that experience. You can still put your face vertically facing the thing and inhale on it from that angle, but you still get the feeling that you have to be careful about how you pull out the dynavap to clear the chamber so it doesn't pop out and hit your face. I did, nonetheless, order a 10mm - 10mm drop down adapter which should solve this problem.

I have no idea, yet, how I will clean it, it already has little pieces of some sort of debris sitting in the walls of the chamber. So I'm not going to want to let this one get too caked before I decide to clean it, because the chamber is a recycler the water will only fall back down to the bottom from the top chamber, which I can only imagine will make getting the walls of the recycler clean enough a somewhat technical task.

I think it's a really cute piece, looks pretty cool, and you can pick it up effortlessly to hold it in one hand while you vape. Still looking out for my Goo Roo small inline to arrive in the mail, which I predict will be much better about not having a hot cap so close to your face.
308115149_466892648814022_8721782563756544596_n.jpg
Update: I didn't wait long enough before writing this review. I have had some harsh hits from the recycler. I think it's because it has much less room for the air to expand than something like the mega globe. It's not as frequent as just the plain dynavap, but they still happen.

Green420,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

Recyclers are about maximizing flavor with water throughout, especially a small one isn't going to give you the smoothest rips per se, I think harsh hits are possible with pretty much any water piece though?

Hi @Shit Snacks,

I will be using these glass pieces with the TM2. At level 4, the j-hook does great, level 5 is ok but start feeling it in the back of my throat, level 6 is a bit too much. I'm looking for a piece that I can run up to level 6.5 and not irritate my throat, even after extended use throughout the day/evening.

For glass pieces, the simplest design without sacrificing functionality is what I look for along with minimal company logos/graphics. I'm not a fan of the TAG logo but a lot of others have logos too except many on DHGate.

I like modular design. While not the simplest design, it does allow for changing out mouth pieces and such and may be easier to clean and store. By the way, I really like the flat tip mouth piece of the j-hook..

I also tend to look for better quality upfront rather than "upgrading" to a higher quality item later, even if functionally they are the same.

I am open to pieces with color though I may be too picky when it comes to that

Okay I'm quoting you here because I realized we were in the j-hook thread talking about water pieces!

Yeah the TAG would work with TM2, here is the one from Genesis Glass:

BobLobLaw

Shit Snacks

Thank you @Texus for the suggestion below. This looks perfect. Also pinging @coolbreeze and @Abele Rizieri Ferrari ....

Do you know if both ends (MP and vaporizer ends) are 18mm or only the MP end? I assume both, but being cautious.

Yeah this piece is a great all-around I have been talking about for a while, partially why they sold out earlier this year, hopefully it will be a big restock soon!

I will tell you though it is not my favorite for the TM, though it works well of course, I prefer something with less diffusion, smaller chamber, although I usually use my TM dry anyway, the super slit donut TAG is mostly just used with my heavy hitter cloud connoisseur injector vapes...

Shit Snacks

Oh @BobLobLaw (great name btw, you sir are a mouthful) there was also this little showerhead that may be the best value if you want something in the meantime:
I bought a bunch of bangers from this seller and can confirm they are another good one!

BobLobLaw

Oh @BobLobLaw (great name btw, you sir are a mouthful) there was also this little showerhead that may be the best value if you want something in the meantime:
I bought a bunch of bangers from this seller and can confirm they are another good one!
Haha, thanks. That piece looks decent for the price. Thank you for pulling this up and sharing :tup:

DaVapeGuy

Thank you @Texus for the suggestion below. This looks perfect. Also pinging @coolbreeze and @Abele Rizieri Ferrari ....

Do you know if both ends (MP and vaporizer ends) are 18mm or only the MP end? I assume both, but being cautious.

Is that $200 for everything?

Or do you have to select the $400 option to get the hose/detach neck etc

DaVapeGuy,
Top Bottom