Cheap High Quality Bubbler

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If I take my TM to a friends I almost always bring a glass piece, even if it's a simple one like a D020. The only vapes I have that I 'regularly' use without glass are VapCaps in their various forms (including Revolve now). And even then I occasionally use glass, with or without water.

I wish I hadn't broken my Large Inline. I miss it...

coolbreeze

Me too. I know how much trouble that could lead to. I generally buy my glass for it's function rather than it's beauty so I have avoided the heady glass. There are only one or 2 splashes of color in my whole glass collection. I DO like art glass but I don't own any.
Exactly. Beautiful stuff out there, but boy, is it expensive! When I see some of the prices it makes me wonder who/why are buying them? Are they collectors? How many $1k+- pieces could one justify? Or, how would you choose one $10k piece over another, if you were buying the one and only piece you wanted/needed? How do you work up the courage to take one down off the shelf?

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
The Mobius is as high as I would go. It's still way more than I would like. I'm super glad there is more affordable and well made options. I'm trying a piece by Licit that I like - Virginia company. The Fire one looks great too. Looks like he does a recessed joint style bubbler which I like. I bet that's in a more reasonable price range.

I'm not judging anyones choices so if someone ones to drop $40 or $1500 it's up to them. I find that the cheap piece I bought doesn't satisfy me but pieces above that and below the Mobius work well for me (so does the Mobius - it was a treat).

My aesthetic is very functional so a lot of the more expensive glass doesn't make any sense to me as I wouldn't collect it for art sake though maybe some do.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I used to be more focused on the deal, I mean I still am, but fortunately I can afford to spend a little more now, never thought I would ever spend triple digits on a glass piece, still have not gotten to the $200 number yet, only three of mine were a hundred or more... So if I get these fire pieces they will be my most expensive yet... Think I have to get at least one, but I am now trying to decide if I should get both for $300 shipped (vs $140 for the wig wag rig on the website or $180 for the bubbler through IG) which he was nice enough to offer :o:drool::hmm:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks @cybrguy! I appreciate your suggestions, they all look amazing! Why does some of your water look pink? That rosewater or something?
Thought I would share a couple other very reasonable pieces, the D020 and the FC-187. All my glass is in my Spoiler...
FC-187-and-D020.jpg

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Cranberry extract helps keep water clean,
It actually keeps the glass clean, not the water.
I generally buy my glass for it's function rather than it's beauty so I have avoided the heady glass.
You should not look here,
It is called GAS already but that gets mixed up with grinder collecting so I like GLAS as the term!
I also think anything over $100 should not be classed as 'cheap' and should go in heady glass or the scientific thread I posted above so I stop getting tempted because if I get one I will only end up crying when I eventually break it.:myday:

Shit Snacks

Hey Shit Snacks - have you officially coined the GLAS term yet? You should claim it. Brilliant - Glass Acqusition Syndrome!! I love it. Thanks.
It is called GAS already but that gets mixed up with grinder collecting so I like GLAS as the term!

Haha yes that is why I started calling it GlAS with the lowercase L, to separate it from GrAS Even further since I have so many grinders now, although they are mostly BCG :rofl: it does look a little weird with the lowercase L, but yeah I dig the pun of course and I am struck in a severe way! :uhoh:

It actually keeps the glass clean, not the water.

Oh, right, sorry my mistake again! Yeah I don't know for me it's not a big deal to do the iso rinse with a water change, but I don't really like it and I procrastinate so maybe I should look into this other stuff...

I also think anything over $100 should not be classed as 'cheap' and should go in heady glass or the scientific thread I posted above so I stop getting tempted because if I get one I will only end up crying when I eventually break it.:myday:

Totally correct, my apologies, I will not talk about them again unless it is in that thread! I agree, although there is some cheap Chinese DHgate style stuff that is 100 or more, that doesn't really quite make this the right place for these US made pieces...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Totally correct, my apologies, I will not talk about them again unless it is in that thread!

As long as it's not the heady thread when it's scientific glass like this. Doesn't matter if it cost $2000. A high price does not make a glass piece heady. There is very high end scientific glass out there as well that costs the same as the heady stuff.

Shit Snacks

As long as it's not the heady thread when it's scientific glass like this. Doesn't matter if it cost $2000. A high price does not make a glass piece heady. There is very high end scientific glass out there as well that costs the same as the heady stuff.

Good point, they got mad at me there for sharing Biao stuff so they may find this too scientific lol but it's all handmade with color accents and some other heady elements?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You should not look here,
I won't.
Actually I like GrAS for the grinder syndrome. We've been using GAS for glass for some time now.
I also think anything over $100 should not be classed as 'cheap' and should go in heady glass or the scientific thread
If you make it $120 I'm in. Now that many of the DHGate vendors are charging for shipping this has gotten a little fucked up. Tho the only pieces I have paid over $100 for have been American glass, or at least sold as American glass.

checkyourlibido

So whats the actual difference between 'cheap' glass, scientific glass, and heady glass?
I think heady is to glass as couture is to clothes? Not sure if that's the best analogy, lol.

And scientific is borosilicate?

There is good glass that's not scientific or boro. Which is thick, especially at the joints.

Cheap glass is usually thin and not boro.

I don't know anything. Someone correct me if I'm missing something.

Shit Snacks

Cheap Chinese glass can be borosilicate, and often still thick... And yeah I never think of colored glass or glass with any fumed or heady type elements to be scientific at all, but there is definitely a difference between that and some of the crazy expensive glass you then see so distinction is certainly warranted...

Yeah this discussion is probably not even helpful here, but also this thread is over a thousand pages long, it kind of has become the general glass thread here, sure it's a great idea of starting new threads and getting more organized but only if people are actually a participating in them and stick to that? I don't know to find anything you have to search anyway or skim, it's kind of a mess to find anything in this thread typically lol

Shit Snacks

Who are other DHGate vendors that people are using these days? I quit buying glass for a couple of years.

I guess to get us back on topic, aside from classic SunshineStore, Yingmin5/Lumin88, now I would highly recommend DGC_Glass, ILglass/FashionGlass, allaccessary, GlassManufacturers, tobaccoglass, and I have had good luck with these other ones though I think results may be a bit more mixed potentially depending on the specifics: PopularGlass, bongt/MLglass, SmokingBong, RadiantGlass, DJsmoke, ggsmoker, Glass99, goodsstore, LongShengGlass, and others like glassartist that have been reliable for others here...

Meanwhile just because I am already posting on topic, I will say that I decided to get both of those "heady scientific" pieces!

Last edited:
Top Bottom