Cheap High Quality Bubbler

coolbreeze

I got a color 3.0 sorta early on that was really sloppily built but still functioned pretty well. I kinda loved/hated it and gave it to a friend. I've upgraded to an American piece but I'm tempted to grab a clear one anyhow, just cuz it's a rippin' piece that was good with vapes. (There's a Blu-V one that I'd kill for, maybe, but I don't think I'd pay $300 for.)

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I just received the FC199 from DHGate and I'm really impressed with the overall appearance!

Is the water level in the photo correct?

I've tried it with the TM2 (set to 9) and the Tinymigh.t_bowl, but I'm not sure if this is the best combination. The vapor production seems to stop suddenly while I’m still drawing even though the material is still green.

I'm going to try using the 18mm QC next, but I'm wondering if a ball vape might be a better fit for the FC199.

fropones

I just received the FC199 from DHGate and I'm really impressed with the overall appearance!

I've tried it with the TM2 (set to 9) and the Tinymigh.t_bowl, but I'm not sure if this is the best combination. The vapor production seems to stop suddenly while I’m still drawing even though the material is still green.

I'm going to try using the 18mm QC next, but I'm wondering if a ball vape might be a better fit for the FC199.
I keep the water level lower than that. Where it’s at in the photo, I think you’d pull water up

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
"Pro" (🙄) tip #17328:

Setting Water-piece Levels

Put too much water in clean rig w/o mounted or loaded hardware and pull reasonably hard until you stop swallowing. (Yeah, yeah)

90+% of the time it's perfect.

Edit: or in the case of many 2 & 3-piece bubblers utilizing tall mouthpieces or whips...: until the intake joint stops getting wet (this method also doesn't include most "tubes") :tup::peace:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

That is a little odd, more of a TM airflow quirk? For me it is not ideal through water as there can be variables like this to control for, maybe this is just not the best piece for TM

Yeah there is no truly completely correct, it depends what you like and are using it with exactly, I always try just a little water above the perc at first to see how little I can get away with, then add more to try that as well... eventually I will find what I like best and have variety to mix it up with different things as desired (I also typically would try a piece specifically like this dry first as well)

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I keep the water level lower than that. Where it’s at in the photo, I think you’d pull water up

Me too. It’s a bit of a chugger as the glass narrows at the perc entrance pretty good.

Thank you both, I’ll try a lower level.

"Pro" (🙄) tip #17328:

Setting Water-piece Levels

Put too much water in clean rig w/o mounted or loaded hardware and pull reasonably hard until you stop swallowing. (Yeah, yeah)

90+% of the time it's perfect.

Edit: or in the case of many 2 & 3-piece bubblers utilizing tall mouthpieces or whips...: until the intake joint stops getting wet (this method also doesn't include most "tubes") :tup::peace:

Oh, that’s an interesting tip, thank you! :tup:

That is a little odd, more of a TM airflow quirk? For me it is not ideal through water as there can be variables like this to control for, maybe this is just not the best piece for TM

Yeah i don’t know, i tried it again with the TM and it was better.

Yeah there is no truly completely correct, it depends what you like and are using it with exactly, I always try just a little water above the perc at first to see how little I can get away with, then add more to try that as well... eventually I will find what I like best and have variety to mix it up with different things as desired (I also typically would try a piece specifically like this dry first as well)

Personally I like to use water pieces because of the water. I just love the bubbles and all. But it’s a good idea to try it dry as well. Thank you!

coolbreeze

Oh it is also on eBay, not 100% sure if it's the same version from the same place, but they do have an additional color there as well:
Jeeze, I couldn't resist the amber and cobalt. Looks like fun. I'll give it a go.
Ok, the "Amber Grey Mater Piece Neo Fab Recycler" rig has landed! It's pretty thick, everything's reasonably straight and nicely put together as far as i can tell. The trim is cobalt but it looks black until you put it up to a light. It's got a nice open draw. Not sure where it's supposed to be filled to but it works really nicely at this level with the ZX and the DBV:
IMG-8935.jpg
IMG-8940.jpg

It seems like a decently functional pipe; it cools well. Not sure I'd consider it a flavor rig, but it's not devoid. I intended to try it and pass it on but I may hang on to it for awhile, it's actually pretty fun to use, and funky enough to look at. I'll have to try it with other vapes but it feels like other ball vapes would work great too. I think most cheap glass aficionados would be reasonably happy with its performance. :tup::clap::rockon:

Shit Snacks

Not sure where it's supposed to be filled to

Oh awesome that was pretty quick! Good to know about the quality, as far as the water level, hard to tell in the photo, but it should be higher for dabbing at least to get full recycling function I think it should be up to the top of the drain? So the lower chambers are fully filled and then that top one is where it is dry... makes sense it would be less for herbs though!

XpeeN

Ok, the "Amber Grey Mater Piece Neo Fab Recycler" rig has landed! It's pretty thick, everything's reasonably straight and nicely put together as far as i can tell. The trim is cobalt but it looks black until you put it up to a light. It's got a nice open draw. Not sure where it's supposed to be filled to but it works really nicely at this level with the ZX and the DBV:
IMG-8935.jpg
IMG-8940.jpg

It seems like a decently functional pipe; it cools well. Not sure I'd consider it a flavor rig, but it's not devoid. I intended to try it and pass it on but I may hang on to it for awhile, it's actually pretty fun to use, and funky enough to look at. I'll have to try it with other vapes but it feels like other ball vapes would work great too. I think most cheap glass aficionados would be reasonably happy with its performance. :tup::clap::rockon:
Nice, love the amber color on it too!

coolbreeze

Oh awesome that was pretty quick!
Fast indeed, like 12 days I think.

Good to know about the quality, as far as the water level, hard to tell in the photo, but it should be higher for dabbing at least to get full recycling function I think it should be up to the top of the drain? So the lower chambers are fully filled and then that top one is where it is dry... makes sense it would be less for herbs though!
Thanks, I will try it higher. :tup::rockon:

Atom Flower

Hmm, a lot of what's here in recent pages is actually more of a "LOL- no" and does not really qualify as "high quality"... saves me the trouble of having to resist buying the shit :p

Atom Flower,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Hmm, a lot of what's here in recent pages is actually more of a "LOL- no" and does not really qualify as "high quality"... saves me the trouble of having to resist buying the shit :p

This thread moves pretty quick and gets stacked with pages, you cannot really judge by recent pages at all imo there's a wealth of stuff buried in this thread, but you do you

Likun

It has been good for 2 weeks...

Edit sorry my post has been missing:

Can't upload images directly for some reason.
So yeah I just broke off the neck.
Is there any chance I could sand down the broken 'leftovers' and just stick a cork with some tube in the hole?

What piece would you recommend in the 40-50 €/$ price range?
Still the one @Shit Snacks has developed? If so, what perc? https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015.../255741536.html?type=r&recinfo=#mfavit-1-null
I already own a d020 and want something with a bit more 'bang' - would those two be too similar? They do look quite similar.

Last edited:

maremaresing

I've been meaning to update The Simulation to generate more bubblers to Atom Flower's taste but I simply haven't had the time. Maybe in the meantime they could post about cheap bubblers they like and find high quality? Just as a stopgap, mind you.

Personally I have been liking the modularity of this one:

It's made for hydratubes and that sort of thing, which I have many of. I like legoing around pieces and components. Even a cheap 18mm ash catcher acts as a nice inverted dry chamber, and the elev8r glass straw makes a great mouthpiece.

Shit Snacks

Yes I have that one above as well, it is versatile, but not one of my favorites...

What piece would you recommend in the 40-50 €/$ price range?
Still the one @Shit Snacks has developed? If so, what perc? https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015.../255741536.html?type=r&recinfo=#mfavit-1-null

Yes that one is great, diffusion downstem, nine holes open bottom, you might want a different mouthpiece is all... Also don't need the ash catch unless you want a second chamber of water and volume to fill...
https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015.../255741536.html?type=r&recinfo=#mfavit-1-null
I already own a d020 and want something with a bit more 'bang' - would those two be too similar? They do look quite similar.

It is not similar, it is much better, better flow and diffusion, larger size, modularity... But there are plenty of other options too!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So yeah I just broke off the neck.
One of my favourite rigs just happens to be one of the most resilient. Made of thick glass and bangs home a puff that will be very different from what you have tried,
The FC-MOD with 9 hole perc you are looking at is very smooth but the mouthpiece is not my preference and the seller will swap it out if asked. I always use mine with the MP from the following,
9aa2a357-12a1-47a2-97f1-0209502bb8f3.jpg

https://www.dhgate.com/product/70mm...RVJtzKctXaR37hnEts&resource_id=#mfavit-9-null

XpeeN

One of my favourite rigs just happens to be one of the most resilient. Made of thick glass and bangs home a puff that will be very different from what you have tried,
The FC-MOD with 9 hole perc you are looking at is very smooth but the mouthpiece is not my preference and the seller will swap it out if asked. I always use mine with the MP from the following,
9aa2a357-12a1-47a2-97f1-0209502bb8f3.jpg

https://www.dhgate.com/product/70mm...RVJtzKctXaR37hnEts&resource_id=#mfavit-9-null
What makes you like the pump more than the FC mod?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
What makes you like the pump more than the FC mod?
It is a close race but the Rattle Can seems to cool without diluting flavour more than any other water pipe I have used and the hammer action of the bouncing ball is a pretty unique experience in the water pipe world.
edit to say the modular FC is easier to maintain so it might get used the most.

Shit Snacks

It is a close race but the Rattle Can seems to cool without diluting flavour more than any other water pipe I have used and the hammer action of the bouncing ball is a pretty unique experience in the water pipe world.
edit to say the modular FC is easier to maintain so it might get used the most.

Yeah I didn't like how much water the diffusion pump used, didn't really seem to do much of anything for me, and the sound was too loud... also mine the ball didn't work, I'm not sure if they ever fixed that honestly... They did fix it on the hollow foot version they released more recently however

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

I have only heard of yours and one other that was made incorrectly with the ball accidentally welded to the down pipe...it will be even louder when it works properly.

I honestly don't know if anyone that has bought it since me? They had told me they redesigned it slightly, because the previous version wasn't working either, but they failed lol I think it was the batch before that, that was good... No idea for sure now yeah

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom