Cheap High Quality Bubbler

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I like how the only problem I had with the V1 has been fixed (water getting trapped at the bottom of the mouthpiece joint tube).
I have to keep telling myself I do not need the V2...we will see how long that lasts.

I broke and just bought a V2.
Mainly I really want that perc. :D

But I think the new perc and fixed neck will improve airflow a tiny bit and now that I'm back to using my Sublimator it's far more restrictive than my ball vapes. This is how I am rationalizing an otherwise irrational effectively duplicate purchase. ROFL.

I asked Jane if I could trade in all the whip pieces and bowl for a single cloud buddy.

canj00digit?,
Reactions: LesPlenty

coolbreeze

New bubbler from Sneaky Pete. Kind of looks like a mini GooRoo 3-piece.
Something like that would be perfect for his store: he reaches a broad, "new" clientele and they would really benefit from this type vapor bubbler, it's an excellent style. That said, this looks like it would benefit from moving the mouthpiece joint up higher, maybe even angled like the Ehle ones, or at least curved so that water can flow out of that joint easily. This is pretty cool to see.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
New bubbler from Sneaky Pete. Kind of looks like a mini GooRoo 3-piece.

Yeah that is awesome to see, seems like it might be a tiny bit wider and shorter, sort of a shame that the mouthpiece joint is still so low though, considering how it is shorter too and wider, I'm sure it will work fine though and that looks like a pretty nice mouthpiece at that height / angle ( 14 mm too yeah so different from the new FC-Mod and Goo's)

coolbreeze

Yep, totally a "budget" knockoff of my 3-piece bub... hope it's thicker glass than his mini-globe that simply fell apart on me after 3 years of relatively light use...

Certainly does not look as thick as GooRoo and would not withstand the same drop mine took without damage! Of course :cool:
Hopefully by the time they break it they've become aware of the GR 3-piece! It's probably a better starter piece than the globes, I'd reckon.

Shit Snacks

Here is the popular glass version alternative

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
To be clear I don't think any of us expressed a problem with its existence for that reason or at all ;):D Ya they do do their own thing

Yeah, mostly preemptive as FC tends to jump off cliffs with this sort of thing (good thing it’s not called Bubbler88). Calling it a ’knockoff’ is the sort of thing that gets that ball rolling, was just popping in to say even if it was a to scale copy I’m sure the folks at Goo are more than confident in their craftsmanship and market share.

Seems like Pete might be casting a nod as well when he calls it “everyone’s favourite…[Well, second favourite, probably.]”

Also, Pete needs an American English editor for the SPV store descriptions, it’s spelled ‘favorite’ my friend :razz:

coolbreeze

Yeah, mostly preemptive as FC tends to jump off cliffs with this sort of thing (good thing it’s not called Bubbler88). Calling it a ’knockoff’ is the sort of thing that gets that ball rolling, was just popping in to say even if it was a to scale copy I’m sure the folks at Goo are more than confident in their craftsmanship and market share.

Seems like Pete might be casting a nod as well when he calls it “everyone’s favourite…[Well, second favourite, probably.]”

Also, Pete needs an American English editor for the SPV store descriptions, it’s spelled ‘favorite’ my friend :razz:
And isn't this the "original" anyway...?
Not sure who came up with the design but it has certainly caught on, it's sorta become a generic type:

These have been around for awhile, priced near the GR3 (or over). Another, cheaper version of this pipe made widely available fills a price niche those mfrs have not exploited. More importantly it gives a great vapor pipe (style) prominence in a place where people are developing their tastes and knowledge base. I agree that the term knockoff is implicitly negative in common usage (at least in the US) so it helps to show the product as being part of a continuum, unless it is indeed just an inferior copy.

At this point, I'd consider the copy of the CC Prophet something of a knockoff but the original design is so profoundly good that I would not be surprised to see others take it on as well, making it a common or generic type over time.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Not sure who came up with the design but it has certainly caught on, it's sorta become a generic type:
Look up Sheldon Black... fairly certain they are widely considered to be the original version of this COMMON design.... you know, like the one that Goo Roo Glass KNOCKEDOFF? I wonder if their panties got all bunched up over it, too? Somehow I doubt it.

Edit:
I think I paid $80 delivered on sale for my GRG 3-piece over 3 years ago...? Maybe a little less even. That for this piece is cheap, imo. @arb (RIP :() suggested it early 2020, so I bought one 4/20.... posted pics. And everyone here bought one or something else from them as a result. fact.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Look up Sheldon Black... fairly certain they are widely considered to be the original version of this COMMON design.... you know, like the one that Goo Roo Glass KNOCKEDOFF? I wonder if their panties got all bunched up over it, too? Somehow I doubt it.

Edit:
I think I paid $80 delivered on sale for my GRG 3-piece over 3 years ago...? Maybe a little less even. That for this piece is cheap, imo. @arb (RIP :() suggested it early 2020, so I bought one 4/20.... posted pics. And everyone here bought one or something else from them as a result. fact.
Glad you did cuz I sure enjoy mine! Hopefully others will come to it or some suitable contender, it's the safest bet ever for our purposes.

Shit Snacks

Yes, we are all aware of what it is, at least those of us who retain the gift of sight. Calling it a “Chinese produced knockoff of a 3-piece bubbler” is itself a loaded statement full of assumptions that is precisely the type of thing that sets off said cliff jumping around here.

Proceed as you wish.
At this point, I'd consider the copy of the CC Prophet something of a knockoff but the original design is so profoundly good that I would not be surprised to see others take it on as well, making it a common or generic type.

I think perhaps your reaction had more to do with our reaction to the knockoffs of cloud connoisseur glass? Certainly for myself I took that more personally than anything else in this thread and find it more offensive as I had explained why previously...

Anyway One last thing before moving back on topic, language means different things to different people, one word can seem loaded to one person and innocuous to another :tup:

Speaking of reasonably priced US glass, Texas Hot Glass is having another sale today for 710 with the code chewy at checkout

Top Bottom