Cheap High Quality Bubbler

delta hotel

Ah yeah they are pretty different, I don't think the saki is so tippy, it is a good center of gravity, especially with water loaded and it only takes a little bit potentially... Two big holes in the perc, I really like the mouthpiece, and that marble on the outside (mine has dichro) it is definitely thick, certainly thick enough that there should be no concern, with the design of the bell you can see that it has to have thick parts, personally I don't actually like that, as I said I do not like the look of that one much at all lol

You can reach out to her, by email or Instagram she is very responsive, she can tell you exactly the thickness, but it is really nice US-made glass, the piece I have is very thick and well made, much better than most China glass and even much American glass
I liked the short/squat nature of the bell, but ultimately ended up ordering the bottle, since I can replace the down stem, and I liked the clean look of it with the opal. I'll keep the bell in mind, but I'll more than likely be satisfied in that size range for now.

As always thanks for the suggestions all.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
As @Shit Snacks attests it is a high quality piece, I couldn’t say the exact thickness. But it’s thick enough that for quite a while after I had seen a pic of it on her site I thought it was a much larger 18mm piece. It’s plenty sturdy, it’s stil glass of course, but I don’t give handling it a second thought at all.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

@leanpubpackage i found heat retention on Anvil a bit underwhelming with those type of pieces, where I like to use a more powerful draw. For Anvil with herb, if you want a smaller piece, something like the CB straight can with the FOL perc works really well. Different piece and experience of course, but more versatile and can be had for around that same price during sale I think.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Yeah Texas Hot Glass is awesome, not sure that modular piece is what you are looking for exactly though, but this little one is a pretty great option fitting what you describe:
This arrived today. The glass is very thick and the base is wide and sturdy. It is literally short and stout. Despite the bowl being 14mm, there is very little draw restriction. I put the Quartz Cap on it and hit it dry and got massive lungfuls of vapor over and over with very little force. The vapor wasn’t 100% as cool as it is with the TRWW twisty J-hook but I also don’t feel like I’m sucking through a straw either, so trade offs. This is a very nice piece to use dry, IMO.

I then tried it wet, filled water to just above the perc slits. It had strong percolation and diffusion, so strong that I lost noticeable amounts of flavor and vapor. Certainly would come in handy if I’m using a serious heavy hitter and need some additional moisture or to guarantee the vapor is completely cool, but I think I’ll mostly hit this dry.

encoderboy

So, the rattlecan that @LesPlenty suggested arrived today! (https://www.dhgate.com/product/amazing-fuction-glass-bong-glass-water-pipe/474981921.html). Good lord, it just showed up as an enormous ball of bubble wrap with some stickers slapped on it, but it arrived AOK :-)

It's taking a bit of getting used to, tbh. It has an initial resistance to the draw which it new to me. It's also surprisingly loud (I have to be fairly stealthy here).

That said, I've already noticed quite an improvement in flavor over my other glass, so I'd say it's doing what it's meant to!

I have a SS Zeal coming.. it'll be interesting to see how the flavour compares. I should be able to run the Zeal a fair bit cooler than the Tiodw (currently ~565`F).

Thank you again for the suggestions everybody! I have the day off work tomorrow, so plan to experiment.

Shit Snacks

Here is a cheap straight fab on sale now, sort of looks like a combo of the Gili Glass and CaliBear versions in case one wants:

GratefulDread

Here is a cheap straight fab on sale now, sort of looks like a combo of the Gili Glass and CaliBear versions in case one wants:
Nice price on that!! Wish it was 18mm though.

nicknobody

I promise I read the threads. I’m just not 1300 pages deep yet on this one..

Anyone tried one of these?

Thoughts?

It’s been on my radar since ch put it on the site

Seems like it qualifies to be in this thread..

nicknobody,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Thoughts?

I'd like a better pic of that perc. It doesn't look like a SOL to me, but it is hard to tell. Their straight fab has an inline honeycomb fountain perc I think that the call a SOL.

nicknobody

I'd like a better pic of that perc. It doesn't look like a SOL to me, but it is hard to tell. Their straight fab has an inline honeycomb fountain perc I think that the call a SOL.
Wow. Great catch!! Looks honeycomb to me. I’ll pass.

Seriously thank you lol

nicknobody,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

That’s actually sick and priced well.

But I’d need a better pic because I’m Perc Paranoid now thanks to grassyes haha and I can’t see the perc clearly

I can see them...

Thoughts?

This is indeed an inline fountain honeycomb perc, seen them elsewhere, probably fine, but the mouthpiece looks horrible to me... Also it's a fake fab, just a few wide spikes, not going to do much FYI

This is the Gili Glass straight fab, yes already been shared here many times with DH link, and I had one, it is slitted fountain ratchet perc (mouthpiece is super wide)

Meh

slippery

the gili mouthpiece isn't 'bad' per se, its a straight fab with a bong neck on it. if you want a sit-down bong its fine. if you want a bubbler its not so fine. its the kind of bong mouthpiece you have to stick your face in, meh.
the straight fabs with fountain type percs and lower-set eggs like the gili and smoq version function a bit differently from the standard type of straight fabs too. different, not necessarily better or worse.

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

the gili mouthpiece isn't 'bad' per se
23crsc.jpg

Top Bottom