Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Edit:
I think I paid $80 delivered on sale for my GRG 3-piece over 3 years ago...? Maybe a little less even. That for this piece is cheap, imo. @arb (RIP :() suggested it early 2020, so I bought one 4/20.... posted pics. And everyone here bought one or something else from them as a result. fact.
Sorry... I'm meant 2 years ago and $84 in 2021...:smug::dog:

It all started right here if you're interested. Fun times back then:

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/post-1563688

My 3-piece is at the bottom (and top far right):

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/post-1567645

Last edited:

onesixty2

For those that aren't aware, the 7/10 sale at Cannabis Hardware is storewide, so includes glass too. (Code: "CH710" for 20% off)
They have a couple GooRoo pieces that may interest people, among a few other things.
Happy 7/10! :spliff:
I think I just grabbed the last HD3 they had.. cheers, I had a couple other CH items to pickup as well, excellent timing on my part to check the thread.. :D

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is for discussion of cheap fucking glass. Please don't take anything so personal that you feel the need argure with some rando on the internets. If you have to take issue with someone, please do so via PM and don't derail this thread with petty arguments. Feel free to report any posts that you think are rule-breaking and let the staff deal with it. Let's keep it civil, folks.

I'm gonna go delete some recent OT comments, so please don't take offense if your post(s) get zapped.

BTW the original FC Mod was designed to be a replica of VXL's Devastator (RIP - Fuck you Earthquake!). :disgust:

We now return to your cheap glass programming already in progress.

:peace:

coolbreeze

Not a lot of information on their site and I don't use insta to see it, do you know which size joint it is? You know, for curiosity.
Not very cheap but comfortable and already mentioned, I hold it very well in my hand, the THG Sherlock with the Phase 3 glass adapter, full of hash waiting to be vaporized :brow:

THGSherlockAndPhase3.jpg

I'm not sure to tell you the truth (no insta) but it must be a 14mm joint (that's the Phase3 bowl); I'd guess the joint's about 4" high, so maybe 10" total? @olysh, am I close? : )

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'm not sure to tell you the truth (no insta) but it must be a 14mm joint (that's the Phase3 bowl); I'd guess the joint's about 4" high, so maybe 10" total? @olysh, am I close? : )
Good spot. I was looking for this exact kind of thing in this thread myself. I just wanted to know the joint size, but I bet your math checks out. Well spotted!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Why did you show me this? My toy budget is already maxed out. I just have to resist for a day!
I sure like the look of that Sherlock Shredder
Looked great until I watched the function video and noticed the pool of water at the bottom of the mouthpiece joint after being sucked on, a pet hate of mine.:2c:
This has the same problem, bubbles stack a lot when using cranberry extract and soon collects in these spots (silly place for an ash catcher),
s320602492962714128_p13_i6_w2560.png

coolbreeze

Looked great until I watched the function video and noticed the pool of water at the bottom of the mouthpiece joint after being sucked on, a pet hate of mine.:2c:
This has the same problem, bubbles stack a lot when using cranberry extract and soon collects in these spots (silly place for an ash catcher),
s320602492962714128_p13_i6_w2560.png
Yeah, i noticed that too. I kind of see it as a demo being 'impressive', like when they fill a recycler to the uptake to make the function look crazy. I would probably fill it lower in normal use. Hope it ain't a problem! I agree about the joint, not sure why they aren't built to shed water.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Not a lot of information on their site and I don't use insta to see it, do you know which size joint it is? You know, for curiosity.

Pretty sure the stock is 14 mm for both joints, but she can do 18, @jasp3r actually had her make one custom that was slightly taller so whatever you want she can do! Just write in the notes, and email with her, but she does do videos on Instagram and respond there too

This has the same problem
would probably fill it lower in normal us

Yeah I've never once had that issue with my goo, even when I load more water, it's never that much, but I don't use cranberry extract either... Yeah the curved joints are becoming more popular now by request like with the new FC mod

Axel_420

I'm looking for a piece for the ZX that can retain as much flavor as possible; I don't usually use water.

For now I have this (https://www.docteur-vaporisateur.co...r/1726-the-mini-bong-percolateur-bubbler.html).
I would like something different with a slightly larger, non-flared mouthpiece with slightly more volume that could perhaps increase vapor production.

I know one of the best pieces to use without water is the Prophet, but I'm thinking of trying something smaller first.

I've read that the straight fab is too, so I was thinking of Popular Glass' new 14 mm or its latest release mentioned earlier.

Is there much difference between a circ, super slit puck and a SOL perc as far as airflow and flavor retention?

I also found these pieces from TAG: https://www.thickassglass.com/produ...uck-44x4mm-14mm-female?variant=40074860101667
Also this showerhead that I don't understand how much it differs from the previous one: https://www.thickassglass.com/products/fixed-showerhead-froth-diffuser?variant=13669146394659
Or this one: https://www.thickassglass.com/produ...ead-55x5mm-18mm-female?variant=39275659427875

Or something with a shredder perc?

Do you have any suggestions? I know I'm bound to have to try various pieces to best understand. Thanks.

Axel_420,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Prophet is probably smaller volume than any of the other pieces you mentioned. Best dry piece and the 2nd gen mouthpiece is great as well. For dry use I also like this Roor piece I got with open perc, believe it's called Roor Inside. If you're in EU ordering from TAG will get expensive with shipping and duties. CaliBear has some nice small cans with FOL perc and is more affordable. For dry use I think the perc will have less impact than with water added, and which perc to choose really depends on the kind of experience you're after.

olysh pops

Pretty sure the stock is 14 mm for both joints, but she can do 18, @jasp3r actually had her make one custom that was slightly taller so whatever you want she can do! Just write in the notes, and email with her, but she does do videos on Instagram and respond there too

Yeah I've never once had that issue with my goo, even when I load more water, it's never that much, but I don't use cranberry extract either... Yeah the curved joints are becoming more popular now by request like with the new FC mod
I'm a bit late , yes, it's a 14 mm joint that comes with the THG shreder received (with a P3B 14mm on the picture effectively ;))
the shreder has become a must-have here
:tup:

Shit Snacks

I'm looking for a piece for the ZX that can retain as much flavor as possible; I don't usually use water.

For now I have this (https://www.docteur-vaporisateur.co...r/1726-the-mini-bong-percolateur-bubbler.html).
I would like something different with a slightly larger, non-flared mouthpiece with slightly more volume that could perhaps increase vapor production.

Yeah, what you have is a basic tiny shower head circ perc dab rig, they're a dime a dozen, solid general function though I guess

I know one of the best pieces to use without water is the Prophet, but I'm thinking of trying something smaller first.

I've read that the straight fab is too, so I was thinking of Popular Glass' new 14 mm or its latest release mentioned earlier.

Fab can be fun to use dry, I prefer Swiss holes seem more effective than a Fab, prophet is a special type of peace...

Is there much difference between a circ, super slit puck and a SOL perc as far as airflow and flavor retention?

circ can have more slits, super slip puck sounds specifically like what TAG calls their stuff, not really a broad term... SOL is laser cut holes on the sides, I think you're describing the FOL laser cut on the top... That is probably the best of these, but they all pretty much have a similar balance of flavor and diffusion?

This one is fountain head style perc facing up (like FOL) means easy bubble stack
Also this showerhead that I don't understand how much it differs from the previous one: https://www.thickassglass.com/products/fixed-showerhead-froth-diffuser?variant=13669146394659
This is shower head style perc facing down, means you can load less water, easier milking with less effort
This is a reverse inverse shower head, it is hollow so you pull the water through it, another different experience, could have the better flavor I suppose though they should all be pretty much same?

Or something with a shredder perc?

That is also not a broad term, that is specifically the name of a type of perc from Texas Hot Glass, it is just a downstem tube shower head with four slits in the sides of it for more chug diffusion... (her shower head perk is more of a circ perc shower head with more diffusion)

Do you have any suggestions? I know I'm bound to have to try various pieces to best understand. Thanks.

My biggest suggestion is to skim backwards through this thread and you'll probably find something you like and the reasons why :tup:

slippery

Not sure who came up with the design but it has certainly caught on, it's sorta become a generic type:
i had a sheldon black and an ehle with this design like 15-20 years ago, the 3 piece bub's been around for a long time.
absolutely correct.
i don't see it affecting goo roo a whole lot. the people i'll be recommending the steven bubbler to would probably never spend $150 on an american bubbler and likewise the people i'll be recommending the goo roo to would probably never buy a $50 china bubbler. different crowds and different markets despite being similar shaped glass IMO. realistically it'll cut into globe and straight fab sales.

Last edited:

Dejavu

What about gridded percs? or is that too much bubbles for vaping?

Looking for a nice straight fab with a neck not like the gilliglass.

I have a dab rig but looking for a bit more milking / holds my ball vape without tilting.

ty

EarthworldTim

I have a dab rig but looking for a bit more milking / holds my ball vape without tilting.

ty
This thread is as daunting as they come but luckily perc names are generally over 4 characters long or whatever the search requires. :tup:

The motto of this thread should be "Whatever you're looking for is in here, somewhere."

Shit Snacks

Yeah that is similar to a matrix, but a little more of a hybrid with inline (usually made with a slitted inline facing up fountain style and then adding extra lines or dots to make it a grid) so it depends exactly how many openings it has how much it will shred and flow, I do think it works better being in line instead of a shower head tire perc style matrix and also compared to a sideways barrel matrix inline... It can be okay for vaping, although I am not such a fan personally though it is better than a regular matrix for me

I've never seen a straight fab with one though, your options for that are going to be CaliBear (or now soon Popular SamL Steven79) or the laser cut FOL style or the JC glass shop CH one with fountain honeycomb (there's also the straight Swiss with frit disc fountain from yhookah anguschenchen and several others with the honeycomb or more commonly slitted ratchet fountain like the Gili, though they are smaller)

ty

I suppose the cloud connoisseur vertex is another one, double walled Swiss fab shower head with four large holes in the perc... Quite different from the others though!

In general they are not always the best for straight milking per se however

Dejavu

Yeah that is similar to a matrix, but a little more of a hybrid with inline (usually made with a slitted inline facing up fountain style and then adding extra lines or dots to make it a grid) so it depends exactly how many openings it has how much it will shred and flow, I do think it works better being in line instead of a shower head tire perc style matrix and also compared to a sideways barrel matrix inline... It can be okay for vaping, although I am not such a fan personally though it is better than a regular matrix for me

I've never seen a straight fab with one though, your options for that are going to be CaliBear (or now soon Popular SamL Steven79) or the laser cut FOL style or the JC glass shop CH one with fountain honeycomb (there's also the straight Swiss with frit disc fountain from yhookah anguschenchen and several others with the honeycomb or more commonly slitted ratchet fountain like the Gili, though they are smaller)

I suppose the cloud connoisseur vertex is another one, double walled Swiss fab shower head with four large holes in the perc... Quite different from the others though!

In general they are not always the best for straight milking per se however
the swiss one looked nice that I saw on dhgate but wasn't sure if the gridded perc/function of the piece was good.

I can buy a cheap matrix 11.5" bong but that has a ton of bubbles. I see some 8" bongs with a small fab at the top but not sure if that is what I am aiming for. A bit confused for a ball vaper. I know a tiny bit of water can cool down vapor enough, just not sure if I want to milk the bong a bit or keep my dab rig and basically have not much vapor buildup after the hit.

not sure if there is a pro for having it filled with vapor unless I am aiming for a pull for a huge amount of vapor build up in 1 second after the pull?

Shit Snacks

the swiss one looked nice that I saw on dhgate but wasn't sure if the gridded perc/function of the piece was good.

Yeah that is not a grid, that is the frit disc, it is an evolution of the honeycomb, instead of a flat disc with punctured holes, it is actually a disc made up of glass pieces, that are melted together, so the holes through are completely random shapes and sizes, as air has to squeeze through the little gaps in the pieces of glass fused together... Sort of similar to how pearls work to cool vapor flowing through their crazy cracks and crevices... The one from that manufacturer is pretty nice, especially compared to other Chinese frit disc pieces, they use a pretty coarse frit, larger smooth pieces of glass, sort of little pebbles, it is a nice piece with nice function and it is quite stable, large base compared to all the other ones and decent height, volume, mouthpieces alright too... Compared to a matrix, it doesn't have the same airy flow, so it is better milking, however there is a bit of restriction for that first hit to get going, a little more than with laser cut FOL but I think once you are inhaling the flow is great with strong bubble stack from the suction

I can buy a cheap matrix 11.5" bong but that has a ton of bubbles. I see some 8" bongs with a small fab at the top but not sure if that is what I am aiming for.

You mean a straight tube bong with inline matrix? It could work fine, I just would never buy it, now that I know I don't like that for vaping personally... Yeah that 8-9 inch tall short fab is what I was talking about, like the new one from SamL there are a wide variety of them from different places with different percs

A bit confused for a ball vaper. I know a tiny bit of water can cool down vapor enough, just not sure if I want to milk the bong a bit or keep my dab rig and basically have not much vapor buildup after the hit.

not sure if there is a pro for having it filled with vapor unless I am aiming for a pull for a huge amount of vapor build up in 1 second after the pull?

I think we have a miscommunication here, milking really has nothing to do with what you describe, milking is basically how well a piece shows off the vapor filling it, so for example in the Fab and Swiss pieces, because the flow is disrupted by the glass obstructions and extra pathway, it changes the way it milks, you might inhale more of it instead of it milking the glass you see, that is why shower head facing down does more milking quicker easier compared to fountain facing up where you are inhaling more of what you are milking, you see?

So it is not just volume but surface area, there are different opinions of having the extra volume means cooler vapor, certainly good with a baller since they can produce so much thick vapor, but like I want to be able to clear the piece comfortably you know? Surface area also is more obstruction and places for the vapor to condense but that can cool it, like spikes in the pathway, why you don't even need water necessarily if you are catching the particles, right angle bends and swiss holes are extremely effective this way...

Water itself can condition the vapor, also could cool it in some senses, there are varying opinions and getting a piece that is fabby or full of Swiss is a great way to buy a rig that will be two in one, good using dry and with a bit of water for a different type of experience... I do prefer to use a little bit of water with most of the ballers and like my tetra because that little bit of conditioning really helps even if it is only a little bit of water before more dry pathway (with more water loaded, complex dry pathway from Swiss holes or egg can become part of the perk, we call that natural perk, like if there was a right angle joint but no perk that would be a natural perk, which is how a lot of the disc rigs are made, which makes them a bit trickier for most vapes in my experience, so the inline style is preferable imo)

Dejavu

Yeah that is not a grid, that is the frit disc, it is an evolution of the honeycomb, instead of a flat disc with punctured holes, it is actually a disc made up of glass pieces, that are melted together, so the holes through are completely random shapes and sizes, as air has to squeeze through the little gaps in the pieces of glass fused together... Sort of similar to how pearls work to cool vapor flowing through their crazy cracks and crevices... The one from that manufacturer is pretty nice, especially compared to other Chinese frit disc pieces, they use a pretty coarse frit, larger smooth pieces of glass, sort of little pebbles, it is a nice piece with nice function and it is quite stable, large base compared to all the other ones and decent height, volume, mouthpieces alright too... Compared to a matrix, it doesn't have the same airy flow, so it is better milking, however there is a bit of restriction for that first hit to get going, a little more than with laser cut FOL but I think once you are inhaling the flow is great with strong bubble stack from the suction

You mean a straight tube bong with inline matrix? It could work fine, I just would never buy it, now that I know I don't like that for vaping personally... Yeah that 8-9 inch tall short fab is what I was talking about, like the new one from SamL there are a wide variety of them from different places with different percs

I think we have a miscommunication here, milking really has nothing to do with what you describe, milking is basically how well a piece shows off the vapor filling it, so for example in the Fab and Swiss pieces, because the flow is disrupted by the glass obstructions and extra pathway, it changes the way it milks, you might inhale more of it instead of it milking the glass you see, that is why shower head facing down does more milking quicker easier compared to fountain facing up where you are inhaling more of what you are milking, you see?

So it is not just volume but surface area, there are different opinions of having the extra volume means cooler vapor, certainly good with a baller since they can produce so much thick vapor, but like I want to be able to clear the piece comfortably you know? Surface area also is more obstruction and places for the vapor to condense but that can cool it, like spikes in the pathway, why you don't even need water necessarily if you are catching the particles, right angle bends and swiss holes are extremely effective this way...

Water itself can condition the vapor, also could cool it in some senses, there are varying opinions and getting a piece that is fabby or full of Swiss is a great way to buy a rig that will be two in one, good using dry and with a bit of water for a different type of experience... I do prefer to use a little bit of water with most of the ballers and like my tetra because that little bit of conditioning really helps even if it is only a little bit of water before more dry pathway (with more water loaded, complex dry pathway from Swiss holes or egg can become part of the perk, we call that natural perk, like if there was a right angle joint but no perk that would be a natural perk, which is how a lot of the disc rigs are made, which makes them a bit trickier for most vapes in my experience, so the inline style is preferable imo)
Got any suggestions for a good piece? the straight fab one is out of stock from that one site(not dhgate)

I saw a lot of people with the curved neck that you tilt a little and hit but i do not like those much...

a decent 18mm piece that milks is what i am looking for or is 14mm better since it isn't so airy?

Top Bottom