Cheap High Quality Bubbler

encoderboy

Bit of an updated review on this rattlecan recommended by @LesPlenty (https://www.dhgate.com/product/amaz...lass-water-pipe/474981921.html#mfavit-13-null)

Phoar, this thing's really growing on me :-) The 'clack' of its percussion is really satisfying. It feels fantastic in the hand (excellent balance to hold, and my 2nd finger slots through the support nicely).

The draw has some initial resistance.. for me this precludes a really sippy draw. However it flows beautifully once you get it going. And if you want to rip hard on it, it'll keep up just fine.

It does a great job of cooling without seeming to eat as much flavour up compared with my other water pieces. Definitely getting tastier draws through this vs my RBR.

Thanks again for the suggestion Les - this thing's a cracker! :-)

delta hotel

Got the sake bottle in today from Greek Glass. I'm glad I went with the opal, I like that it gives it a little splash of color. I really like the size, and I was pleased with it's use with the Anvil. It'll serve it's purpose of something small that doesn't occupy near enough desk space.

I do find the Anvil is a little close to my face though, which was the reason I was looking for an angled joint. I wanted to keep it small, so I'm not sure about putting a drop down on it, and I don't have any angled ones either.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah it's a small piece so that's a typical problem, it depends on the vape most of all, for me I try to keep as most compact as possible setup, I guess the anvil is a little long sticking out? se la vi

the gili mouthpiece isn't 'bad' per se, its a straight fab with a bong neck on it. if you want a sit-down bong its fine. if you want a bubbler its not so fine. its the kind of bong mouthpiece you have to stick your face in, meh.

Yeah as I had described it, it is too big, but too big enough haha there are so many different levels of these type of mouthpieces, but I don't like the kissing the small ones and I don't like sticking my mouth in the big ones, sometimes they are just right size wise to fit my mouth comfortably, but literally every single one is different lol

the straight fabs with fountain type percs and lower-set eggs like the gili and smoq version function a bit differently from the standard type of straight fabs too. different, not necessarily better or worse.

As I describe them, fountain just means facing up, I think they are all like this? The difference is slitted ratchet, holed honeycomb, or laser cut FOL... Also many of them have variance in their straight fab, some are high, some are low, from the same manufacturers even, so I don't think there is an actual standard per se, but I agree there is no necessarily best, just variety!

I am happy to have the CaliBear FOL straight fab in milk blue, the one I have for the price I paid despite whatever flaws, but I also really enjoy the anguschen/yhookah frit fountain straight swiss in blue that @Weedaholic designed... Although perhaps probably neither would be a tippy top tier favorite piece for me? Depending on the vapes etc. but they are loved parts of my collection

slippery

As I describe them, fountain just means facing up, I think they are all like this? The difference is slitted ratchet, holed honeycomb, or laser cut FOL... Also many of them have variance in their straight fab, some are high, some are low, from the same manufacturers even, so I don't think there is an actual standard per se, but I agree there is no necessarily best, just variety!
i was trying to compare the type of straight fabs with sideways facing disc percs and a low-set egg (smoq, gili) vs the type with upward facing disc percs and a higher set egg (calibear, angus etc) -- they're both good, but don't quite function the same way at the same water levels. i like the variety too. one sends larger bubbles right up the swiss perc, the other one smashes smaller bubbles against the egg first.

slippery,

Shit Snacks

i was trying to compare the type of straight fabs with sideways facing disc percs and a low-set egg (smoq, gili) vs the type with upward facing disc percs and a higher set egg (calibear, angus etc) -- they're both good, but don't quite function the same way at the same water levels. i like the variety too. one sends larger bubbles right up the swiss perc, the other one smashes smaller bubbles against the egg first.

Yeah, but I'm saying that's the slitted ratchet disc perc, it is still a fountain upward facing, they're not facing sideways, the slits are on the top and cut overlapping into the sides, but it is still also on the top of the perc making it a fountain, it's not like SOL where the laser cut is on the sides completely and it is different than when it is upside down shower head style or just a disc not inline

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

Shit Snacks

Holy shit! It looks like they even got the water levels right for BOTH percs.... AMAZING!

It's nice lookin', mega-diffusion, for sure... can't imagine there's too much flavor leftover after all that... but I bet it's smooth! It also looks like a PITA to clean...

Haha yeah they actually got the function video right at least, yeah not the sort of peace I would go for generally, but it seems like a nice one at least... I don't know if cleaning is really that big of a deal compared to the more complex rigs some of us use now anyway? Double Circ perc but mushroom style is a little more involved...

I have one in my evolver Hydracirc 2.0 (and the tree) though it is manageable and pretty nice function at least? I am still considering getting this base for it though so I can basically have the option to switch between using the tubes alone and on the base, modular pieces...

They used to have this^ design and I had been watching it then it went away and now it's back so I might grab it for under $24 even though I should be done damn it lol

Remember this^ one that sticky bricks had them bend the neck? Sort of a recycler tube but I don't know how well it really works with the right levels etc.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I have that one (from a different seller but think it's exactly the same)
I'd been looking for a cheap double decker type bubbler for a while when I got a good deal for this piece

(A fuck you to Dutch customs for charging with VAT and administrative fee even though it's already included in the dhgate price, effectively negating my good deal :mad:)

It's thick glass, I think it's a taller copy of a TAG piece so nice they copied the thickness as well. The TAG one was said to have some splashing, but this taller piece doesn't have that issue. Quality is really nice. Mouthpiece is decent, doesn't bother me like with some other pieces. Function is pretty good but limited as the top perc tends to spill water into the lower chamber, because they didn't make the perc tall enough. This limits the piece functionality to slower draws.

Here's a function video with herborizer:

I'll have to do some more experimenting with water levels (you can see in the video the respective levels are uneven because the issue with the water dripping from the top) to see if I can improve this. And try more vapes, with different draw resistance.

So from my initial testing it's a bit flawed but all in all happy with my purchase, as this type is not something I would spend more money on than I paid now and the other cheap ones available in EU have one or both percs that don't appeal to me.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

olysh pops

Not very cheap but comfortable and already mentioned, I hold it very well in my hand, the THG Sherlock with the Phase 3 glass adapter, full of hash waiting to be vaporized :brow:

THGSherlockAndPhase3.jpg

Shit Snacks

Looks like it still has the coffee stir stick as a perc inlet stem though…I also have a v1, and really that’s still my only complaint.

I'll have to see what you mean because I have no idea but that description lol are you saying the downstem tube into the perc is super thin n narrow?? Coffee stir stick lol

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I'll have to see what you mean because I have no idea but that description lol are you saying the downstem tube into the perc is super thin n narrow?? Coffee stir stick lol
When the down stem transitions through the side wall it goes into what looks like 10mm at most on the inlet to the perc itself.

ETA: here is a pic of the transition, you can see the 19mm down tube gets nearly completely closed off by the transition:

Last edited:

GratefulDread

GAS is strong with SAML glass...must resist as I just noticed the upgraded FC-199 has a slightly different mouthpiece to help entice a sale.:cheers:
FYI.. the FC-199 mouthpiece has not been updated. I thought the same thing at first, and I asked about it when I saw it.
Apparently they accidently took the new photos using the "sample" mouthpiece they used when designing the FC-199; which to me looks like the TAG one.
Anyways, I told them they should fix the photos so people don't complain when they receive something different.
They agreed and "thanked me very much" for pointing it out and said that they were going to fix it in the next few hours.
That was about 3 weeks ago lol :shrug:

Top Bottom