Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Gigsabits53

I suppose I shouldn't say this out loud, but I have had really good luck keeping glass from breaking. While I have lost several adapters and stems, particularly glass VC stems, I have never broken a glass rig that didn't arrive that way. My vape station is a coffee table so not very high and it is on carpeted floor, so while I have had a few short drops I have had no breaks or shatters. I have even take several pieces out of the house to friends.
I hope I didn't just tempt fate...
Exactly the same experience for me @cybrguy . I have broken plenty of dropdowns and adapters though. Too many to count. Thankfully, none of my rigs have broken, (taps wood).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I had a bad break in the beginning of quarantine lockdown last year, one of a kind green RBT drydrotube from china factory, stood up with it in my lap like a week in and I was relying on it for my TM! But I have since been much more careful paying attention to what's on my lap before standing up, and then I fell down the OGB custom rabbit hole and so on lol now have Phineas vigreux female tube finally too Otherwise my Tubo got knocked over off a counter and broke the long bent stem, and that PIU thermal banger recently... Old Chinese beaker tree perc combustion bong broke when I was cleaning it to use for vaping in the early days LOL

Anyway popular glass replied to me about the black brown marking in the tubes of the diffusion pump, as expected they are just burn weld marks from when they were working it, not a big deal at all, overall very happy with the quality of this piece, despite the amount of time it took to ship, full price not such a big deal either honestly! Just psychologically would have been nice to pay 50 :lol:

Had fun using the TM with it last night, but this morning I discovered the FW7 maybe even better:
PXL-20210713-221528974.jpg

Looking forward to the log experience, and dabs of course, but I also just got a blue hopper io that will be going through it next I presume...

Oh and for the record, I don't know if anyone remembers I mentioned emailing CaliBear about cosmetic imperfections with my straight fab FOL, well they never replied this time, so I will tell you one was just a small little tiny black mark on the outside of the milk blue female joint, likely from being worked as the others, but the real weird thing that is more troubling: there is literally a hair encased in the base of the bubbler! Like I'm not even sure how, it's in the middle of the base so you can see it from top and bottom, fused inside the middle of the glass, like not a big deal certainly not functionally and hardly noticeable superficially, but like the idea of it is kind of disquieting, no?? :rofl:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Gee, I wonder what color it is...? :razz:

Like I'm not even sure how, it's in the middle of the base so you can see it from top and bottom, fused inside the middle of the glass, like not a big deal certainly not functionally and hardly noticeable superficially, but like the idea of it is kind of disquieting disgusting, no?? :rofl:
*there, fixed that for ya... 😜:peace:

Edit: Imagine getting a Wuhan mosquito in one like a hunk of amber....? Coooooool!
1626219462811.jpeg

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Yeah I had a bad break in the beginning of quarantine lockdown last year, one of a kind green RBT drydrotube from china factory, stood up with it in my lap like a week in and I was relying on it for my TM! But I have since been much more careful paying attention to what's on my lap before standing up, and then I fell down the OGB custom rabbit hole and so on lol now have Phineas vigreux female tube finally too Otherwise my Tubo got knocked over off a counter and broke the long bent stem, and that PIU thermal banger recently... Old Chinese beaker tree perc combustion bong broke when I was cleaning it to use for vaping in the early days LOL

Anyway popular glass replied to me about the black brown marking in the tubes of the diffusion pump, as expected they are just burn weld marks from when they were working it, not a big deal at all, overall very happy with the quality of this piece, despite the amount of time it took to ship, full price not such a big deal either honestly! Just psychologically would have been nice to pay 50 :lol:

Had fun using the TM with it last night, but this morning I discovered the FW7 maybe even better:
PXL-20210713-221528974.jpg

Looking forward to the log experience, and dabs of course, but I also just got a blue hopper io that will be going through it next I presume...

Oh and for the record, I don't know if anyone remembers I mentioned emailing CaliBear about cosmetic imperfections with my straight fab FOL, well they never replied this time, so I will tell you one was just a small little tiny black mark on the outside of the milk blue female joint, likely from being worked as the others, but the real weird thing that is more troubling: there is literally a hair encased in the base of the bubbler! Like I'm not even sure how, it's in the middle of the base so you can see it from top and bottom, fused inside the middle of the glass, like not a big deal certainly not functionally and hardly noticeable superficially, but like the idea of it is kind of disquieting, no?? :rofl:
The temps glass is worked at make that being a hair.......... A miracle of divine origin?
👹

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Well, shit. I received the Couch Potato today, but I don't want to use it, because I'm thinking of returning it (or exchanging it for another) because even though I paid full price (I even forgot to use the discount code they had for 7/10), I think that they sent me a b-stock model.

It's driving me nuts when I look at it on the table because it's all crooked. When you set it down, the bowl tilts off to the side. This is super freaking frustrating, after I was looking so forward to getting it :cry:

See what I mean? It just leans all off to the side, and it's driving me nuts:
Ox-P61-GMj-QQCVb-Nz-YWhy1-Mw-thumb-19b1.jpg

See here how large of a thing I have to prop it up with to get it to sit even remotely straight:
Zh4up-Vjr-Ruu-He-WNc-Ckw-Cc-A-thumb-19b0.jpg

I'm feeling quite annoyed that Brothers With Glass sent me a crooked b-stock item that I paid full price for.
I guess that's what I get for not ordering directly from the manufacturer :doh:

At least now I know better than to order from Brothers with Glass again, that's for sure.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Well, shit. I received the Couch Potato today, but I don't want to use it, because I'm thinking of returning it (or exchanging it for another) because even though I paid full price (I even forgot to use the discount code they had for 7/10), I think that they sent me a b-stock model.

It's driving me nuts when I look at it on the table because it's all crooked. When you set it down, the bowl tilts off to the side. This is super freaking frustrating, after I was looking so forward to getting it :cry:

See what I mean? It just leans all off to the side, and it's driving me nuts:
Ox-P61-GMj-QQCVb-Nz-YWhy1-Mw-thumb-19b1.jpg

See here how large of a thing I have to prop it up with to get it to sit even remotely straight:
Zh4up-Vjr-Ruu-He-WNc-Ckw-Cc-A-thumb-19b0.jpg

I'm feeling quite annoyed that Brothers With Glass sent me a crooked b-stock item that I paid full price for.
I guess that's what I get for not ordering directly from the manufacturer :doh:

At least now I know better than to order from Brothers with Glass again, that's for sure.
That's how they are made dude.
005.jpg

Ramahs

Well, damn it.

I guess I'll just try not to look at it when I'm not using it. :shrug:

The pictures on the website didn't really show very well that it sits crooked like that when you set it down.
I wouldn't have ordered if I'd realized that they were all crooked/offset like that.

Or, do you think that these were maybe purposely made for right-handed people, so that the bowl off to the right is easier to hit or something?

I wonder if Goo Roo would make me a straight one if I return this to BwG, as they do have a 30-day return policy...and then buy directly from Goo Roo. Maybe that is what I should do? I could also get one without the logos then as well. If I have to pay a bit more for something that's not crooked, I would.

Last edited:

Ramahs

With it laying on your chest, the right bend will be on your chest, while the left side will be below your chest ,making the bowl sit straight?

I just tried, and no...not really. It still leans to the right.

And of course, to straighten it out throws the main logo off-center, making it sit to the left...which is also extremely annoying.

Either the bowl or the logo will always be off-center, depending on how you hold it. It's like nails across a chalkboard at first. I guess I'll just have to get used to everything feeling out of whack with this one.

***edit - a half hour later***
Okay, I've been using my Vrod with this, and I'm thoroughly stoned now.
It's functioning fine. I guess I'll keep it, and learn to love it eventually.

I'm sitting my petty ass down now, and shutting the hell up :smug:

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Here are the two popularglass bubblers, the "Saml Beehive" & "26cm Tall Diffusion Pump" with the Greek Glass "Saki Bottle" (by Biao Tang):
8B250B35-8130-4A0D-8331-73D1DD320E62.jpeg
(Yes, the slightly longer removable 13-hole Saml downstem/perc is interchangeable with the Saki 3-hole)

Couple of shots of the "Pump":
73E9FCA5-046C-4DA9-ADAE-FE1B54A64874.jpeg E592D6EB-145C-43C0-8A7C-E4DCA10F64EC.jpeg

Why no "rattle"...?:

Shots of the Saki bottle in the "Biao.t" thread here:
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/biao-t.51316/post-1583197

More to come of all...!

Edit: and here's a shot of the "Welded Tater Tot". Note I added a silicone bumper to the tip:
16BE9CA2-6B46-4C92-AF8C-5F916F16BA35.jpeg
Yeah, @Ramahs, my weld is off-center, too... I figured it's designed to be hand-held/body-held so it didn't really bother me initially... but I gotta say, I am glad I didn't get the logos...! I haven't tried mine yet, but I'm sure I'll learn to love all the imperfections... :peace:

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Defective, there is supposed to be a hole under where the ball sits.
Sure looks like it, thanks...:
02B2995B-6263-447C-96F9-66277BE869C0.jpeg 83E6C4BD-3613-45E1-A62F-E76878D03409.jpeg A5A0BE5A-7709-40FF-A6C6-A9FA71B5E77E.jpeg 4436CAA9-F07E-41DE-AE4C-0D83994A00E5.jpeg EE2DAE1B-B532-4A05-8728-066E7515611A.jpeg
looks like a suspended bubble and not an actual hole... SUCK!

As well the neck came with a pretty big scratch:
B8499D76-B607-4DED-B7D5-323E6D9422C4.jpeg
And the downtube perc for the Saml has a deep scratch:
21418C62-33DD-4801-A7B1-0514340E205A.jpeg

I guess it's "Dispute"-time... haven't had to do this yet, oh joy... :tup: :peace:

Edit: anyone wanna buy a barely used rattle-less "26cm Tall Diffusion Pump" bubbler from popularglass super cheap...? 😜

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

View attachment 10315 View attachment 10316 View attachment 10317 View attachment 10318 View attachment 10321

View attachment 10319
View attachment 10320

I guess it's "Dispute"-time... haven't had to do this yet, oh joy... :tup: :peace:

Edit: anyone wanna buy a barely used rattle-less "26cm Tall Diffusion Pump" bubbler from popularglass super cheap...? 😜

Well damn, apparently mine is the same way, no hole, still super loud rattling so I didn't notice that the ball wasn't moving, since I hadn't looked in the mirror I guess? Womp womp I already released the full $62, by the way they did say they would give me 5% off my next order since I missed the discount...

Oh well, how is the beehive otherwise?? And the saki bottle?! And hell, the tot too lol

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
View attachment 10315 View attachment 10316 View attachment 10317 View attachment 10318 View attachment 10321

View attachment 10319
View attachment 10320

If that’s a Steven Rattlecan, read my posts in this earlier in this thread. Basically, they didn’t want to refund my money for the obvious bad joints. So, I opened the dispute process, showing my photos, my claim was, If joints are not proper, then the piece is not going to work as designed. Simple logic = FULL REFUND. They don’t want these beginner glass workers rigs back, as they are probably worth just a few bucks. No more from that vendor, looks like they are no better then a year ago.

Shit Snacks

If that’s a Steven Rattlecan, read my posts in this earlier in this thread. Basically, they didn’t want to refund my money for the obvious bad joints. So, I opened the dispute process, showing my photos, my claim was, If joints are not proper, then the piece is not going to work as designed. Simple logic = FULL REFUND. They don’t want these beginner glass workers rigs back, as they are probably worth just a few bucks. No more from that vendor, looks like they are no better then a year ago.

Yeah I thought with the straight joints they had come around, but forgetting to pop a hole in the bottom is a damn shame lol

Ramahs

I just tried, and no...not really. It still leans to the right.

And of course, to straighten it out throws the main logo off-center, making it sit to the left...which is also extremely annoying.

Either the bowl or the logo will always be off-center, depending on how you hold it. It's like nails across a chalkboard at first. I guess I'll just have to get used to everything feeling out of whack with this one.

***edit - a half hour later***
Okay, I've been using my Vrod with this, and I'm thoroughly stoned now.
It's functioning fine. I guess I'll keep it, and learn to love it eventually.

I'm sitting my petty ass down now, and shutting the hell up :smug:

Okay, damn it.
The lean is beginning to look cool, after a few sessions :razz:

Top Bottom