• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CCA Liger banger V3.0

Danksta

So far my favorite temp range has been between 540-560. I’m still playing around with temps, but I think it will probably go down more when I can finally get the AH custom coil. The dabs I’ve been taking have been so much more milky then with just the regular quartz insert at lower temps. I let it sit in there for at least like 5-10 minutes so it gets nice and hot. My gf dropped her dab in there immediately after putting the Core Reactor insert in and had the longest, most drawn out dab of her life lol.

Is that just the core or an actually insert with the dab pad? I don't recall Toro making actual inserts with the core. They sold the lil pucks and the banger with the core from what I saw. Eternal has core inserts. Curious what exactly you are using.

Danksta,

tylerj55

tylerj55,
Reactions: Danksta

ItWasaGoodDre

one thing that's held me back from the weirdeer caps is the variance between each cap... i've read mixed reviews and don't really feel like playing a $75 dollar lottery. i've been keeping my eye on them since whenever one of the members here sent weirdeer a 30mm liger bucket to design those caps. the spherical part is made by hand, so how well each one seals will vary significantly.

in my opinion, one of the best and most consistently good choices of a glass carb cap for the 30mm liger is getting a ChadBro terp trunk (or 2 to have a spare) and getting a local glassblower to modify it/them so that the spigot on the bottom points more downwards or try asking Chad to make you a custom one directly thru his IG.

I don't make the recommendation lightly, as I really didn't like dealing with Chad when I was buying directly from him, but a modified terp trunk is still the best cap i've tried and I went thru quite a few...

if you really want a bubble-type cap though, I would recommend checking out PencilKing710. He does good quality work and doesn't over-charge for it. He made me a very good quality, thick glass custom bubble cap for the liger and charged only $30. Look thru his designs or ask him to make one exactly how you want it. He's a bit slow to get the work done, but the price is low and quality is very good.

I have both the Wierdeer & Terp Trunk caps, and the Wierdeer SMASHES the Terp Trunk on the 30mm. It's not even close. I don't get not wanting to pay $75 for a cap when you'll pay hundreds of dollars for a Liger, Insert, & rig. It's like getting a bottle of Cristal & then drinking it out of a dirty cup you bought at the gas station. Seriously man, the cap is a MAJOR part of the equation. Don't hesitate to invest in one as such.

Danksta

I have both the Wierdeer & Terp Trunk caps, and the Wierdeer SMASHES the Terp Trunk on the 30mm. It's not even close. I don't get not wanting to pay $75 for a cap when you'll pay hundreds of dollars for a Liger, Insert, & rig. It's like getting a bottle of Cristal & then drinking it out of a dirty cup you bought at the gas station. Seriously man, the cap is a MAJOR part of the equation. Don't hesitate to invest in one as such.

Well said. A proper cap is a wise INVESTMENT. They retain value like other glass if it's not cheap china.

Gn0sis

how many weirdeer caps do you have though? is it just 1? perhaps you won the lottery on that one?

i hope you didnt miss the part where I said my terp trunks are MODIFIED... Because a regular terp trunk with a spout that points sideways at the liger wall instead of the insert really SUCKS....but, what's great about them is the terp trunks are made with machine precision, which creates a perfect seal consistently with pretty much every cap, so when you get that spout modified and pointing downwards, you finally get excellent oil dispersion/movement across the whole surface and lots of milk, which most terp trunks cannot do as Chad normally makes em.

i had a member tell me in private messages that his weirdeer caps (multiple orders from different batches) did not provide a satisfying seal to produce enough milk. like i said, i read mixed reviews on them. i already spent about $400 just trying out different carb caps and from that, i learned a few things which to look for...

the weirdeer is a hand-made bubble cap and unless it's perfectly rounded, it produces a 'less than ideal' seal on the liger rim and since the glass blower doesn't even OWN a 30mm liger to do proper quality assurance on every cap he makes, I do not trust him to make consistently good caps. it's great if you got that ONE awesome sealing/functioning one....

i dont see why I would spend another $75 on a lottery? I really wouldn't mind buying another cap IF it was GUARANTEED to be awesome though.

Last edited:
Gn0sis,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I too agree carb caps are extremely important and buying a matching cap is basically a must when buying a new nail but from what i have read, I also understand exactly what @Gn0sis means by lottery and people give up using them and basically tossing out $75.

Comparing the Hurricane cap to the weirdeer cap, what the difference other than material? Large diameter hole?

I am very satisfied with both the Hurricane and Tsunami carb caps but prefer the hurricane only because it is easier to move around and hit the puddles on the big ass 30mm insert. How much of an improvement can the Weirdeer cap add other than not sticking to the Liger?

Shooby,
Reactions: Hogni

dizaster096

I too agree carb caps are extremely important and buying a matching cap is basically a must when buying a new nail but from what i have read, I also understand exactly what @Gn0sis means by lottery and people give up using them and basically tossing out $75.

Comparing the Hurricane cap to the weirdeer cap, what the difference other than material? Large diameter hole?

I am very satisfied with both the Hurricane and Tsunami carb caps but prefer the hurricane only because it is easier to move around and hit the puddles on the big ass 30mm insert. How much of an improvement can the Weirdeer cap add other than not sticking to the Liger?

I'm liking the Tsunami cap for 30mm. I've used glass on the 20mm and the milk was better but not really any taste difference unless your not cleaning the residue on the caps. I find the tsunami is pretty good at moving the oil without spinning it, all the new caps have the 1 hole angled design.

I haven't tried the newer Hurricane but i can understand why people wanted a better cap for the older version of the hurricane cap and older storm cap which Tsunami is the replacement for the 30mm.

dizaster096,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I'm liking the Tsunami cap for 30mm. I've used glass on the 20mm and the milk was better but not really any taste difference unless your not cleaning the residue on the caps. I find the tsunami is pretty good at moving the oil without spinning it, all the new caps have the 1 hole angled design.

I haven't tried the newer Hurricane but i can understand why people wanted a better cap for the older version of the hurricane cap and older storm cap which Tsunami is the replacement for the 30mm.

I have two tsunami caps, one angled hole and one straight hole. I prefer the straight hole only because the cap fits my Liger better. The angled hole is loose and the vacuum seal is compromised.

i take decent size dabs and using the tsunami cap, i have to keep lifting and spinning the hole to a different area to keep the milk coming. Sometimes, i do a rim spin but with the hurricane, it solved that issue. I do recommend the Hurricane cap.

I do like hearing that with the glass cap, you got more milk. I wonder why is that.

Shooby,

tylerj55

Ahhhhh!! Those!!! Now I recall. Have you tried it in a SiC dish yet?
Nope, I don’t have one for the liger but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work! The only problem I have with it is finding a carb cap that fits it since the notch sits up so high in the dish.

tylerj55,

Danksta

Nope, I don’t have one for the liger but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work! The only problem I have with it is finding a carb cap that fits it since the notch sits up so high in the dish.

Looks like the terp turner might work with it.

Danksta,
Reactions: tylerj55

tylerj55

Looks like the terp turner might work with it.

I've been searching for one, they are always out of stock though :bang:

*edit* I totally thought you meant the toro crank cap for some reason lol. The terp turner looks like it would probably not fit either unfortunately.

tylerj55,

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I was scoping the drop-in the other day and thought that a (well-sealing) Wierdeer cap would be a perfect combo with it. I also imagine a Terp Trunk (modified or not) could be compatible since all that extends into your bucket is a tiny little "trunk".

Marihuana,

ShornConnery

I ordered a 30mm 14" female liger with sapphire october 7th and on October 23 was told the hang up was the 14/18 adapters. I was also told that if I wanted 10mm they could send it out then, so of course I said yes. I even went to thickassglass and bought a 14mm to 10mm dropdown because I dont have any 10mm pieces. Today is the 10th of November and nothing has shipped. I already have my dropdown though.
It all arrived today. Got the Blue 30mm Liger with blue tsunami cap. Although they did end up sending the 10mm male adapter they also included a 14/18 male which isn’t exactly what I ordered. I really like everything I got but I don’t think I’ll be ordering anything else from them.

ShornConnery,

matthend

Quick question for owners of both, if you were to only have one, would you choose the 30 mm sic over the 20?
Thanks in advance, I feel very lucky to be making this choice

Fyi I am coming from>2 years with a 710 whip which I do love

Last edited:
matthend,

Danksta

I've been searching for one, they are always out of stock though :bang:

*edit* I totally thought you meant the toro crank cap for some reason lol. The terp turner looks like it would probably not fit either unfortunately.

Sorry I meant to say Terp Trunk.

EDIT: Over the weekend I dug out my cracked sapphire and after a good long soak I tested it out at 550. Works like a charm! :tup:

Dabbing on cracked sapphire looks kinda badass :evil:

Last edited:
Danksta,

ItWasaGoodDre

how many weirdeer caps do you have though? is it just 1? perhaps you won the lottery on that one?

i hope you didnt miss the part where I said my terp trunks are MODIFIED... Because a regular terp trunk with a spout that points sideways at the liger wall instead of the insert really SUCKS....but, what's great about them is the terp trunks are made with machine precision, which creates a perfect seal consistently with pretty much every cap, so when you get that spout modified and pointing downwards, you finally get excellent oil dispersion/movement across the whole surface and lots of milk, which most terp trunks cannot do as Chad normally makes em.

i had a member tell me in private messages that his weirdeer caps (multiple orders from different batches) did not provide a satisfying seal to produce enough milk. like i said, i read mixed reviews on them. i already spent about $400 just trying out different carb caps and from that, i learned a few things which to look for...

the weirdeer is a hand-made bubble cap and unless it's perfectly rounded, it produces a 'less than ideal' seal on the liger rim and since the glass blower doesn't even OWN a 30mm liger to do proper quality assurance on every cap he makes, I do not trust him to make consistently good caps. it's great if you got that ONE awesome sealing/functioning one....

i dont see why I would spend another $75 on a lottery? I really wouldn't mind buying another cap IF it was GUARANTEED to be awesome though.

I sent him my 30mm Liger in order to GUARANTEE that it would be awesome. I guess mine must be perfect then. There is nothing out there, Terp Trunk included, that is close. In my experience, no directional cap can match a bubble style cap (Yes I know that the Weirdeer is not technically a bubble). That's across the board. And for the record, I brought the Terp Trunk to the attention of this forum way back when, so I'm all about Chad's products. Perhaps some here may have gotten a bad batch and that's unfortunate, but you are sleeping if you think a modified Terp Trunk is going to match the tech of a Wierdeer. I If you are serious about getting the best flavor out of your Liger, I don't get the hesitation to spend $75.

ItWasaGoodDre

A LOT! A proper cap is a major difference maker. I honestly didn't even like my 30mm with the Tsunami. Josh & CCA have amazing tech, but their carb caps have never been their strong suit.

ItWasaGoodDre,
Reactions: Danksta

Gn0sis

I sent him my 30mm Liger in order to GUARANTEE that it would be awesome. I guess mine must be perfect then. There is nothing out there, Terp Trunk included, that is close. In my experience, no directional cap can match a bubble style cap (Yes I know that the Weirdeer is not technically a bubble). That's across the board. And for the record, I brought the Terp Trunk to the attention of this forum way back when, so I'm all about Chad's products. Perhaps some here may have gotten a bad batch and that's unfortunate, but you are sleeping if you think a modified Terp Trunk is going to match the tech of a Wierdeer. I If you are serious about getting the best flavor out of your Liger, I don't get the hesitation to spend $75.

so you only have one?

perhaps you can grab a back-up spare just in case? you'd also be able to compare and provide feedback on the overall consistency from the newer batch that he made without having your liger...

if some come out good and some batches come out "unfortunate" that right there sounds llke a lottery to me, hence the hesitation.

Last edited:
Gn0sis,

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I came back from a short vacation, and found my 16mm blue Liger had been delivered while I was away. I didn't expect it so soon since I had ordered one with a color. Josh also sent me both the SIC and quartz inserts with the order, which is very nice. Now I have to order the correct coil to use it. Since I wasn't expecting it for awhile, I had not ordered the coil from Auber at the same time. Although I won't have an opportunity to try it out until I get the new coil, it appears my riptide bubble cap I have for my 20mm will work on this also, hopefully. I really love that cap on my 20!

Puddy

If it wasn't for the Weirdeer cap, I would like my 16mm more than my 30mm

I still need to try the 30 with the new hurricane cap though

antiburn

So how true is it that the Wierdeer caps cause, or can cause the oil to spill over the side of the insert?
Is it easy to prevent the spilling without having to limit the angle too much?

I wanted to get one initially, but decide not to mostly because a few people mentioned the spilling over the side of insert issue. That's never been a problem with my Terp Trunk or any other cap I have for the 30mm.

I had ordered a blue 16mm w\sic not too long ago and also ended up with a matching Tsunami cap and dabber! Received it in just under 3 weeks. The cap works great on both, but I really love it on my 30mm. It doesn't get in around the edge of the dish quite like my Terp Trunk does, but it really gets a large section of the center very well. I've been using it about as much as my TT.

antiburn,

DabbingForDays

Hey guys! My name is Alex and I first wanted to say a big 'thank you' to the forum members of this board for their helpful discussions on products!

I have, based on the comments from this board (and a lot of my own personal research) bought a Klear Kube One with the AugustHaus coil and a rainbow colored 30mm Liger with a Sapphire insert and the custom August Haus heat shield. Needless to say, I am an extremely happy fellow!

I will discuss my very positive experience with CCA in a later post, but right now, I have a pressing problem; a carb cap.

The discussion on this board suggested to me that I should purchase a Weirdeer glass custom carb cap for the 30mm banger, but this has seemingly turned out to be a big mistake. I sent David the $75 for the carb cap and promptly never heard back from him, despite several emails asking for an ETA on the product's arrival. This coming Monday will make it three weeks since I will have sent him the dough, and two weeks for me to stare at a nearly complete set of awesome stuff! If I do not hear from him in another week, and still do not have product in my hand, I will be filling a formal dispute through PayPal. Buyers beware of Weirdeer Glass: You Have Been Warned.

There could be worse problems to have in the world than waiting for a carb cap for a fantastic, earth-shattering rig like the one that I now own, of course! But I do not have much faith right now that I will get my carb cap, and I have reservations on how well the cap will seal.

If anyone has any glass carb caps that seal well with a 30mm Liger Banger, I would be more than happy to buy it so that I can finally use a rig that has been sitting around for half a month.

Thanks guys.

DabbingForDays,
Reactions: Gn0sis
Top Bottom