CCA Liger banger V3.0

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
BIG difference in art glass vs metal machine work. Considering his machine work isn't even that great compared to other companies.

The Liger might retain value but really has no reason to increase. Any increased value is purely imaginary to the beholder.

I do hope those inserts are the shit. I love how Josh innovates but his way of business has really turned me off. It's not just one issue. He has many many issues with how he runs a business.

Totally missed what I'm saying, has nothing to do with artistic effort or "labor", purely materials worth being so much more because of some slight bs change from the normal mass market version, in this case the neat but hardly worth the added cost of engraving, not to mention no doubt time lost it took to make the engraving happen at all. Just like somehow a mass market glass piece suddenly shoot up 3-5x in "value" due to a few grams of colored glass mixed in.

And Im the first to dump all over their constant poor business practices but, their currently shipping products are machined to match grade, as good as any other metal worker in the game including newvape or highly educated. CCA definitely used to make some sloppy kit, but those days....in my repeated and current experience.......are over.

Also, Ive had 1 of my girls doing some squats.........

F1_D34807_D709_4007_8358_92_ED26_FB6_D46.jpg

24409_B17_AF95_4_E03_9_D59_DDAA2_DAF40_A6.jpg

acommunistspy

So has anybody received their obsidian insert? It was supposed to ship late September.

I missed the sale on the SiC insert and am curious if the obsidian is truly better and worth the price difference.

acommunistspy,

Puddy

curious, On what date did others order their obsidian? Those who received confirmation numbers.

Puddy,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
CCA website states the Obsidian flat coil insert are shipping now!

"Flat Coils Shipping NOW - 20mm will ship in 7-14 days"

If i only had my Liger, (going on 22 days since ordering) I may order it but now ill just wait for the reviews and then decide Sapphire or Obsidian.

EDIT*** Im going to be so mad as hell if I end up not liking this Liger!!!

Last edited:

Monsoon

curious, On what date did others order their obsidian? Those who received confirmation numbers.
I ordered my 30mm Obsidian on June 25. Still just the printed label so far, hopefully they'll be mailed out soon.

Monsoon,
Reactions: Shooby

Saccs

My Liger finally shipped and "should be here by Friday" I'm actually contemplating on getting the 30mm coil from Angus but since I own a High5 enail it will be useless unless I pick up the universal adapter... It will be fun watching reviews and feedback on the Obsidian... Coming from quartz I think I'll be happy with the SIC for a while.:rockon:

Danksta

My Liger finally shipped and "should be here by Friday" I'm actually contemplating on getting the 30mm coil from Angus but since I own a High5 enail it will be useless unless I pick up the universal adapter... It will be fun watching reviews and feedback on the Obsidian... Coming from quartz I think I'll be happy with the SIC for a while.:rockon:

Universal adapter? I'm curious what you are referring to. I also own a high5 enail.

Glad you're getting your Liger. You will love SiC. :D

EDIT: now I see what you mean. Guess I need an Augusthaus coil. Killer! Thought I'd need a different box. :tup:

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
A number of comments in this thread are bordering on company-bashing. If you have a legitimate complaint, express it with respect and avoid mockery. If you don't like this company or its products, feel free to ignore this thread. Our rules state:
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
Posting here just to express your disdain is offensive.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Baron23

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
His classic create a label so the customer shuts up for a day or two strategy still in play it seems...

@ensabbahnur I still think his machine work could be much cleaner like what NewVape puts out. Has he gone in house yet like he claimed?

Id like to say yes due to the huge leap in quality but then there is the still lengthy lead time and that makes me almost for sure its still outsourced.

Universal adapter? I'm curious what you are referring to. I also own a high5 enail.

Glad you're getting your Liger. You will love SiC. :D

EDIT: now I see what you mean. Guess I need an Augusthaus coil. Killer! Thought I'd need a different box. :tup:

https://highfivevape.com/universal-coil-adapter.html

Id be cautious about using the AH coils on anything but a Kube one unless your box is confirmed good for 250w. Every other coil I've used or seen has been 100-125w and the AH coils are 250w and have a higher amp draw. I put a dnail coil in the Kube and it worked so they are definitely same pinouts but I was too scared to go the other way after being warned by August. We are still waiting on confirmation if a Hex nail can run it.

Danksta

Id like to say yes due to the huge leap in quality but then there is the still lengthy lead time and that makes me almost for sure its still outsourced.

https://highfivevape.com/universal-coil-adapter.html

Id be cautious about using the AH coils on anything but a Kube one unless your box is confirmed good for 250w. Every other coil I've used or seen has been 100-125w and the AH coils are 250w and have a higher amp draw. I put a dnail coil in the Kube and it worked so they are definitely same pinouts but I was too scared to go the other way after being warned by August. We are still waiting on confirmation if a Hex nail can run it.

Thanks for the heads up. I was on his site and see he offers a steel cube at a better price than the wood version or the hexnail. I'll probably pick one of those up soon. It comes with the flat coil too. Not bad for $225 compared to $399 for the wood version.

@CCA710 is having a sale now too. The August cover is $20 atm.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei

Auber said:

Do you think this means that Auber's units will also work with the custom coil, given how some of their old coils used to be 250w as well?

Marihuana,
Reactions: Danksta

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Do you think this means that Auber's units will also work with the custom coil, given how some of their old coils used to be 250w as well?

AHHH!! I knew i saw somewhere that someone used the 250s at one point! Id assume so as they don't have any warnings anywhere on their site or reference it like its a big deal, This also makes me think that at least boxes with higher end build quality should be able to handle it, my main concern is still pairing it with a Hex nail though.

Puddy

the shipping email showed that specifically the obsidian was shipped in that order? if thats the case then shopify will consider it shipped and closed, id shoot them an email to make sure, if it does say its in that shipment.

so back track to August when they said they "delivered" my obsidian insert, and I contacted them and created a support ticket and all that to make sure they didn't mark my order as completed/fulfilled. I got nervous when all these other shipping labels started coming up, so I reached out. Their reply:

thanks for the email I just checked your order and noticed the packing teams claims they fulfilled your obsidian in aug which i know is not true seeing we just released them.

:bang:

OC513

Dabaholic
Ok guys so does anyone have any ideas how to get the bottom piece off the shroud. I have tried everything from putting on gloves and trying to unscrew hot, used pliers and nothing will get that boottom coin like piece off, it is holding my coil hostage and I cant get it fully apart for a good cleaning. Driving me insane. 20mm Liger but that shouldnt matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

OC513,

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
CCA website states the Obsidian flat coil insert are shipping now!

"Flat Coils Shipping NOW - 20mm will ship in 7-14 days"

If i only had my Liger, (going on 22 days since ordering) I may order it but now ill just wait for the reviews and then decide Sapphire or Obsidian.

EDIT*** Im going to be so mad as hell if I end up not liking this Liger!!!
You'll love your Liger once it is in your hands!

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Ok guys so does anyone have any ideas how to get the bottom piece off the shroud. I have tried everything from putting on gloves and trying to unscrew hot, used pliers and nothing will get that boottom coin like piece off, it is holding my coil hostage and I cant get it fully apart for a good cleaning. Driving me insane. 20mm Liger but that shouldnt matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Let it cool, grab it by both hands and brace yourself. Put one hand under the bucket and grip your Liger by the coil shroud. Take your other hand and grab the nail by the joint or upper air tube. Then start twisting counter clockwise with tremendous force. You better be comfortable by then, because you're going to want to keep that pressure applied for 30-60+ seconds. It will take a little perseverance but brute force has always saved the day for me.

Marihuana,
Reactions: Hogni

Monsoon

Just to update my Obsidian insert is now moving through the postal system and should be here by next week.

I use an adjustable wrench, I line up the tips of the wrench with 2 of the indentations on the bottom and slowly turn while applying pressure. Might scratch up the bottom a bit but I personally never look at it since it's on the bottom.

Last edited:

Danksta

You guys talking about the 20 or 30? My 30 is stuck together right now. Thinking of using a vice clamp and wrench.

I hope Josh will redesign the bottoms at some point. I see it as negative. My coil is trapped.

OC513

Dabaholic
Let it cool, grab it by both hands and brace yourself. Put one hand under the bucket and grip your Liger by the coil shroud. Take your other hand and grab the nail by the joint or upper air tube. Then start twisting counter clockwise with tremendous force. You better be comfortable by then, because you're going to want to keep that pressure applied for 30-60+ seconds. It will take a little perseverance but brute force has always saved the day for me.
Appreciate it but I am a big guy, like 6'4", 225 and I have tried with all my might and nothing. That thing wont budge.

I use an adjustable wrench, I line up the tips of the wrench with 2 of the indentations on the bottom and slowly turn while applying pressure. Might scratch up the bottom a bit but I personally never look at it since it's on the bottom.
Thanks I will try an adjustable wrench tonight and see if I have any luck.

You guys talking about the 20 or 30? My 30 is stuck together right now. Thinking of using a vice clamp and wrench.

I hope Josh will redesign the bottoms at some point. I see it as negative. My coil is trapped.
Exactly, my coil is being held hostage! Mine is the 20.

OC513,
Reactions: Danksta

KimDracula

The only thing that unstuck it for me was striking the edge of the coin (in an anti-clockwise direction) with the edge of the pliers I use for the Liger. Give that a shot and then just make sure you don't tighten it. Hope that helps.

KimDracula,
Top Bottom