CCA Liger banger V3.0

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
It has arrived. :o

Let's see what's inside shall we.

Oh look 20mm Liger goodies. :tup:

All polished up and now time for a light iso clean and then a rinse. Then it's game on tomorrow. :rockon:

I look forward to nailing down my technique, getting familiar with the Liger and reviewing it in the next week or so.

To all here in the thread that have contributed, thank you for all the helpful information.

Mad props and respect go out to @mutten840 for the prompt shipping, stellar communication and great packaging.

Last edited:

ichibaneye

Any advice on cleaning? Just follow the instructions on the website?
I've never seen any cleaning instructions on Ligers site.
For a better shine I used Brasso. Make sure to wear proactive gloves.

Disassemble it all.

Then I have a brass bristled tooth brush and brass bristled tube brush at the ready. Also making sure to have some cotton rags around too.

I then took the brasso and a bit of rag and rubbed and scrubbed with the brasso. Then came the brass brushes with brasso scrubbing and then back to the rag for a final scrub. Set the pieces aside to dry. Once dry grab your clean cotton cloth or rag and wipe down the pieces until the dried brasso is gone.

Skip the brasso clean if you're not wanting to touch up the looks a bit.

Next I did an Iso soak for a while and agitated the soak now and again with a little gentle shaking.

Next I grabbed one or the other of the brass brushes and scrubbed the threads, the dish, the air paths and for good measure the outsides too. Then back into the iso for a second shorter soak.

Note: If your soaking solution is grimey change it out for fresh iso.

I then rinsed all of the pieces off with warm water followed by a cold rinse. Then got a dry cloth and wiped everything down. By this point your gear should be really clean. Cheers brother and welcome to FC.

KimDracula

I disassemble and soak in hot iso for a few minutes. Then I rinse in hot water, using q-tips to scrub the insides of the tubes, the bucket and the Storm Cell cap. I do this twice a week and it keeps everything quite clean. I keep a jar of iso that I re-use for a while. Seems an effective routine for my usage pattern, anyway.

KimDracula,
Reactions: mixchu69

ichibaneye

https://www.cca710.com/pages/f-a-q

First section listed on the FAQ. The procedure there has worked well for me, with some manual scraping on the interior tubing to get out particularly crusty spots from Rosin.

I'm not worried about the faq myself as cleaning is self explanatory to me. But thank you for pointing it out though. :tup:

I also run something down the inside of the longer sections for scraping/ breaking up the caked on deposits. Good catch!
I had originally meant to mention that. I did this with my stuff tonight in fact. I got all the bits out that the sender did not. She's clean and good to go.

My replacement controller and coil arrive tomorrow. So the Liger is eager and awaiting it's match. :)

ichibaneye,
Reactions: Armerad

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
It has arrived. :o
Let's see what's inside shall we.
Oh look 20mm Liger goodies. :tup:

All polished up and now time for a light iso clean and then a rinse. Then it's game on tomorrow. :rockon:

im still trying to figure out how to get pics from my phone to a host i can use here to show what I'm talking about when i say 3.1 but its interesting to see you get the older version of the bottom plate, condenser tube and retainer nut. Im thinking maybe because i ordered silver? Again to describe the differences, the bottom plate has deep notches that make twisting it much easier, the condenser tube texture is about 2x as pronounced and much better machined, and the retaining nut has the tube texture now and is a flared cone with small end facing the bucket and finally the bottom screw post is longer with an unthreaded section in the middle now. All CLEAR improvements, except maybe the screw post, and especially the nut, but it'd be nice to know what you'll get and to have everyone on the same page

edit: i didn't read you grabbed muttens, makes more sense now

Last edited:

ichibaneye

im still trying to figure out how to get pics from my phone to a host i can use here to show what I'm talking about when i say 3.1 but its interesting to see you get the older version of the bottom plate, condenser tube and retainer nut. Im thinking maybe because i ordered silver? Again to describe the differences, the bottom plate has deep notches that make twisting it much easier, the condenser tube texture is about 2x as pronounced and much better machined, and the retaining nut has the tube texture now and is a flared cone with small end facing the bucket and finally the bottom screw post is longer with an unthreaded section in the middle now. All CLEAR improvements, except maybe the screw post, and especially the nut, but it'd be nice to know what you'll get and to have everyone on the same page

edit: i didn't read you grabbed muttens, makes more sense now

Thank you for updating us on the differences. The subtle changes that you've mentioned sound like great improvements actually.

I've not had the V3 that long but I noticed and thought right away that having knurled edges around the bottom plate would help immensely with grip. I'm happy to know this has been implemented now. :clap:

I also thought that those threads could be a little longer/further down on the center post too. Sounds like that's now been done according to you. Nice!:tup: I'm curious as to why you don't think the longer post isn't an improvement. Could you please elaborate as to why?

I also am not a fan of the smooth retaining nut, not that it doesn't function correctly or anything. That part is spot on but I believe it should have a different texture for allowing one a better surface area for grabbing onto. Again, this has been remedied from the sound of it. Perfect! :tup:

As for photos my friend here's a great site. https://imgbb.com/

It'll take the photos from your phones files or photo album and generate the link of your choice from the drop dowm menu.

Then choose your desired link that was one generated and paste it here into the site where you would create your post. I suggest previewing your post before you actually do to confirm everything has been done correctly. I hope this helps. :)

By the way it looks like I'll be ordering some of the new parts based on the revisions. :haw: I mean who doesn't like having extra goodies laying around to mix/match and to play with. Geekin out is great fun! :sherlock:

I would implore @CCA710 to post up current version photos asap. I'll even offer to help out for free if you're needing it. Nothing expected on my end.
Customers like being able to physically see what they are buying before hand. Especially with something as cool, nice and innovative such as the Liger bangers are. :nod:

I am really impressed with the 20mm so far and the NV LolliCap functions and fits it perfectly too.

I've only had two dabs so far myself. But the taste, was a welcomed and unexpected hard bitch-slap to my face indeed! Like: hey buddy! Yeah you, taste this now and you're going to love it because it's impossible not to! Yeah, that's right, unbelievable flavor and blooming aromas for your nose to boot. I mean c'mon it's what I do. :D

I've yet to get the dense vapor I've seen in videos and read about here in the thread but I'm positive it'll happen once I've mastered the Ligers leaning curve and my controllers parameters.

Just for reference on my first dab I had the temperature at 555F. Good Lord it was tasty. I was able to get 4 good full draws in from a very small amount of shatter with the Sic insert. But not super dense.
However I was tickled pink and chuckling out loud because I was enjoying the experince so much. It just came on spontaneously. Oh and the clarity and effect are PATRON to the max. Thank you @CCA710 for a great product and experince.

My second session (4 hours later,wow!) I wanted to try and mimic the heavy hitting bong rips we all so use to love. Well, the ones of us who liked those heavy handed coughing, sweating induced, gigantic one lungers that is.

For this I set the controller to 683F. I was able to attain complete extraction in one hit and virtually exhaled no visible vapor.

The taste and effect were great though. By this point I had to slowly back away from the situation because I swore to myself that I would not fall victim to a self induced coma. Well guess what it happened an hour later! :rofl:cheers all! :cheers:

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
IMG_1424.jpg

Maybe this will work I hope? It shows everything except the slightly longer bottom post, which i guess i can see a use for it with custom coils and shrouds like the Augusthaus monster, but I feel those are a complete waste with the design of the liger, having so much intermediate heatsink material, all but guarantees it will have enough even heat that makes having such a large and I'm betting inefficient heating coil, totally unnecessary . if it was for a D-nail Halo, i totally see the advantage as you'd have basically as much coverage as you could possibly have in a hemispherical cooking surface, but again with the liger, a waste imo......not to mention getting not 1 but 2 "artisans" to make you custom on top of custom parts....

On getting your liger to chug, I feel its equal part temp and carb cap, different caps can make ALL the difference and id either go with the top picks in the thread, the wierdeer mushroom/titty, certain chadbro terptrunks, gordo riptide, mobius directional.......or just try out a few until you get good chugs at ~<550 on sic. my personal picks are for the 20, the gordo and mobius, the 30 either the storm cell 3.1 or the titty cap, which also works very well for the 20 but i find it makes a mess on larger dabs unless I'm careful on my draw.

ichibaneye

IMG_1424.jpg

Maybe this will work I hope? It shows everything except the slightly longer bottom post, which i guess i can see a use for it with custom coils and shrouds like the Augusthaus monster, but I feel those are a complete waste with the design of the liger, having so much intermediate heatsink material, all but guarantees it will have enough even heat that makes having such a large and I'm betting inefficient heating coil, totally unnecessary . if it was for a D-nail Halo, i totally see the advantage as you'd have basically as much coverage as you could possibly have in a hemispherical cooking surface, but again with the liger, a waste imo......not to mention getting not 1 but 2 "artisans" to make you custom on top of custom parts....

On getting your liger to chug, I feel its equal part temp and carb cap, different caps can make ALL the difference and id either go with the top picks in the thread, the wierdeer mushroom/titty, certain chadbro terptrunks, gordo riptide, mobius directional.......or just try out a few until you get good chugs at ~<550 on sic. my personal picks are for the 20, the gordo and mobius, the 30 either the storm cell 3.1 or the titty cap, which also works very well for the 20 but i find it makes a mess on larger dabs unless I'm careful on my draw.

@ensabbahnur thank you for beating cca710 to the punch. The photo is highly appreciated. This not only makes sense for ease of use and personally I think it looks better too. Yeahhhhyeah! :rockon: Keep on rocking it my dude. :tup:

Last edited:
ichibaneye,

ichibaneye

I've got my NV controller currently set at 564f. On heat up it over shoots up to 638f and takes approximate 10 minutes to reach it's set temperature.

I've been only seeing a drop of 3 degrees at most when I am drawing off of the coil. This is in a room with a fan moving around the cool 70 degree air. Otherwise it stays at stable temp. Within 30 seconds it's climbed back up to the set temperature with no over shoot.

I don't have a thermometer with a probe to measure the differences between the temperature read out on the controllerversus what it really is at the nail. I plan on getting one soon. I want to be able to know where I'm really at on my usable temps. This will also allow me to dial in the controllers temperatures to be moreaccurate. Which I plan on doing of course. I've already written down it's currentvalues just in case I need to start over again.

I'm impressed with how efficient the Liger is so far and how well it holds a stable temperature. This makes for no worry sessions, you just no what to expect every time you step up to the plate. Home runs!

It's been a ruff couple of days testing :nod: with all of the choke holds the Liger keeps putting me in unexpectedly.... So slow and steady is the current pace I'm moving at. :cool: I can only imagine how much more of a beast this thing will be when I get my temperatures dialed in and my technique a bit more refined. :doh: I mean, I was lucky enough today to be able to awaken from my coma and it took me about 20 minutes to remember what damn day it was. :bowdown: Thanks @CCA710 !

ichibaneye

Wow, that's a surprisingly large overshoot, I think.
I thought so to but does it ever really get that hot to begin with in the first place. I'm thinking that it doesn't. It balances out to temp. during the cool down from over shooting. We'll have to see.

ichibaneye,
Reactions: Hogni

KimDracula

I think that's about how mine works, too. I don't think I wait quite as long as ten minutes but the initial overshoot is pretty close. I use a High5 coil/enail with the coil spread to fit.

Danksta

A trick I've done with the High5 controller is an attempt at uptemp dabs. I usually have my 30mm at 550. What I will do sometimes is set it to 560. Once the numbers stop blinking on the PID I take my dab. It works pretty well at finishing dabs and no fancy PID with bluetooth is required.

Another trick me and @Terpstar have messed around with is letting the bubble caps sit inside the Liger to preheat the cap. This will allow you to finish dabs easier and faster. You do sacrifice some taste though.

The Liger is so versatile. Happy dabbing! :D

ichibaneye

Great points, thanks guys. I've been leaving my nail on all day. So I'll have to wait to try it out.

I'm about to attempt a 551f low temp. The lowest I've gone so far is 555f. I'm sure it's flavor country though.

For high temp. complete extraction one hitters what do you guys like to sit at? I got as high as 610f before I became comatose last night.

ichibaneye,

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
590 to 620 are my go-to hot 'n heavy temps. I find going from 600 to 615-20 with the manual "glob mode" trick paired with a warmed up carb cap gets me where I want to be in no time flat. By the way, I find that cranking the (box) temp up 15-20 degrees instead of 10, then going in while it's pretty much at the end of the "temp adjust" blink (you could do it immediately if you have a dual display/hex/whatever I'm sure) to give slightly better results.

Danksta

I forgot to mention with the pre heated ball cap trick you can go down to 500 and enjoy flavor f'n city.

I think I still prefer 550 with no heated ball cap, but it is fun to play around with these low temps.

You guys who runs yours all day, has anyone calculated how much power these nails eat up, i.e. your electric bill? Just curious if it amounts to much.

Last edited:

ichibaneye

I forgot to mention with the pre heated ball cap trick you can go down to 500 and enjoy flavor f'n city.

I think I still prefer 550 with no heated ball cap, but it is fun to play around with these low temps.

You guys who runs yours all day, has anyone calculated how much power these nails eat up, i.e. your electric bill? Just curious if it amounts to much.

Nice, choices, choices, choices! I'll start at 555 this morning. Then I'm going for my first 620 then I'll step down to 500. Thanks for the pointers ya pros!:tup:

Do any of you notice major splash happening on your larger dabs or waste happening in the 20mm? Should I spread the dab all over the dish or just from the side? :D I'm not drawing very hard should I maybe draw even slower and longer? This would be just to make sure the concentratres are not being wasted. I also notice that when I'm looking that the dish seems to have more left overs at lower temps but when I go to clean the insert after a session it's no dirtier than a high temperature session. Has anyone else noticed this?:hmm:

I've been having a good time with the Liger and I know it has a learning curve I just wish I was one with it already! :borg:
I can only imagine the new challenges that await me once I get a different CC. Oooh and I'm also going to buy the 30mm Liger........ I mean why not! :brow:

ichibaneye,
Reactions: Danksta

Danksta

Nice, choices, choices, choices! I'll start at 555 this morning. Then I'm going for my first 620 then I'll step down to 500. Thanks for the pointers ya pros!:tup:

Do any of you notice major splash happening on your larger dabs or waste happening in the 20mm? Should I spread the dab all over the dish or just from the side? :D I'm not drawing very hard should I maybe draw even slower and longer? This would be just to make sure the concentratres are not being wasted. I also notice that when I'm looking that the dish seems to have more left overs at lower temps but when I go to clean the insert after a session it's no dirtier than a high temperature session. Has anyone else noticed this?:hmm:

I've been having a good time with the Liger and I know it has a learning curve I just wish I was one with it already! :borg:
I can only imagine the new challenges that await me once I get a different CC. Oooh and I'm also going to buy the 30mm Liger........ I mean why not! :brow:

In my experience the 20 is unable to handle large dabs without pooling. You also have to use higher temps too. I only use the 20 for small dabs when I'm trying to judge the taste of a concentrate.

The only reason I use the 20 is for the ball caps. Once I get my 30mm ball cap soon my 20 will probably not get used often.

The 30 is truly my fav of the two. 20 is so freaking small imo.

ichibaneye

-Cleaning pointer for those with that Sic. Ness This is the best clean possible for your Sic. Ness

1. Pot for cooking
2. Iso
3. Water
4. Salt

In the cooking pot combine the water, salt (don't be shy with the amount of salt) and Iso. I use a 4 parts water to 1 part Iso ratio.

Add your Sic. Ness into the mixture and bring to a rapid sustained boil.
Leave your Sic. Ness to boil for at least 5 min. I let mine go for 10 min.

Remove your Sic. Ness from the boiling mixture and let cool. Give it a final wipe down with Iso and water.

You've now got a good as new Sic dish, halo or insert, enjoy! :rockon:

In my experience the 20 is unable to handle large dabs without pooling. You also have to use higher temps too. I only use the 20 for small dabs when I'm trying to judge the taste of a concentrate.

The only reason I use the 20 is for the ball caps. Once I get my 30mm ball cap soon my 20 will probably not get used often.

The 30 is truly my fav of the two. 20 is so freaking small imo.

Have you all found the coil that wraps around and under the 30mm Liger? Is it compatible with the Ligers heat shield? How's the turn around on ordering new 30mm Ligers?

Last edited:
ichibaneye,

Danksta

-Cleaning pointer for those with that Sic. Ness This is the best clean possible for your Sic. Ness

1. Pot for cooking
2. Iso
3. Water
4. Salt

In the cooking pot combine the water, salt (don't be shy with the amount of salt) and Iso. I use a 4 parts water to 1 part Iso ratio.

Add your Sic. Ness into the mixture and bring to a rapid sustained boil.
Leave your Sic. Ness to boil for at least 5 min. I let mine go for 10 min.

Remove your Sic. Ness from the boiling mixture and let cool. Give it a final wipe down with Iso and water.

You've now got a good as new Sic dish, halo or insert, enjoy! :rockon:

Have you all found the coil that wraps around and under the 30mm Liger? Is it compatible with the Ligers heat shield? How's the turn around on ordering new 30mm Ligers?

Careful with the ISO. I did that and I had to heat the SiC way up to dry it out. Left a bad bad taste.

Honestly my best advice is pretty simple. Keep qtipping until you have no residue left. Then take a qtip and dunk it in water and qtip one last time. That will keep the insert nice and clean. In my exp I use 3-4 qtips per dab now. There is no such thing as using too many. Any small amount of residue WILL effect taste.

Top Bottom