• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CCA Liger banger V3.0

Baron23

I have heard from some that the v3 20mm coils may require/benefit from stretching for best function too.

Hi @herbivore21 - I am a disciple of @mutten840 in that I have come to the belief that all coils (that I have come across) need some level of adjustment in or to have the coils cover the heat transfer area as full as possible and to be tight (for barrel coils) and I don't particularly find this to be unique to Ligers but again, I defer to those with more experience.

Baron is this the cap?
DSC_0004__61794.1458254301.1280.1280.JPG
Nope. This one:

https://www.thedabstore.com/products/idab-glass-terp-turner-carb-cap

brucee10

As of today, it's been 38 days since I ordered my Storm Cell. .Rapidly losing patience! Has anyone else had to wait this long?
I just got my pre-order storm cell this week, so I know they're in stock and Josh is working through his back log. @mrbonsai420 might be able to help if you give him your order number.

brucee10,

Danksta

Just wanted to drop in and spread some love. It appears either the bucket or storm cell are defective. Josh is sending me new gear overnight so I will have it in time for a sesh tomorrow. I really do appreciate him handling this situation. I know I get frustrated at times with the Liger, but I truly do love it. I see amazing potential in the design. The caps are really my only issue. I've fine with the assembly, even if it pissed me off in the beginning.

I also appreciate @mrbonsai420 reaching out and helping.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Just wanted to drop in and spread some love. It appears either the bucket or storm cell are defective. Josh is sending me new gear overnight so I will have it in time for a sesh tomorrow. I really do appreciate him handling this situation. I know I get frustrated at times with the Liger, but I truly do love it. I see amazing potential in the design. The caps are really my only issue. I've fine with the assembly, even if it pissed me off in the beginning.

^^^ Excellent! That is great to hear.
Machining problems were the only things I could think of as my caps seem to function well.

Regarding efficiency I've found that the V3 Liger gives me much less reclaim than the Halos.
And that reclaim tends to be light, honey colored rather than the somewhat darker reclaim I would get when using the Halos.

Someone asked earlier about heat transmission to the joint of the rig (V2 vs V3).
I never used the V2 that much but the V3 transmits very little heat to the joint, one can quite comfortably touch the glass joint when the nail is at dabbing temperature; it's only slightly warm.
In fact it's cool enough that I touched the outside of the joint with my lips; just barely warm.

I leave the nail on 24/7 and have been running the V3 directly into my rigs without a dropdown for many months now.
This is not something that I would have considered doing when I was using Halos at home.
I always used a drop down when using the Halos.
While my rigs are clear, they are quite expensive, and I feel no fear of running the V3 direct.
Old photo, but here's my ol' top dog sans dropdown:

FugBg5Cl.jpg

I like to use a V2 airpath as it is a bit shorter.

And I still love my Halos, I've kept two SiC Halos (+caps) for my travel setup!

:rockon:

edit: Also second the need to route the 20mm heater with "heater up" in the shroud (as pictured above).
I initially had my 20mm set up in that fashion, then after cleaning I put it "heater down" to slightly lower the center of gravity.
I did notice a slight reduction in dabbing happiness.
Switched back to heater up and happiness is restored.

:D

Last edited:

ItWasaGoodDre

How did you get in touch with Josh if you don't mind me asking? I've tried Mr Bonsai (bless his soul) and basically every method of communication out there to get this rectified, but nothing seems to work. I get some sort of piece meal communication from Josh that doesn't answer my question in the first place, then nothing...

I feel the same way about the Liger/CCA/Josh, but this method of communication he has going to is driving me insane! Twice now I've reached out via IG (because I can't get a response anywhere else) and twice now he has told me he was pretty sure it was sent, but if it wasn't he would look into it, bump me to the top of the list, and get it out. And then I wait and I hear.... crickets. I look everyday for a shipping confirmation or a surprise in my mailbox and NOTHING! Don't tell me you are "bumping to the top of the list" if you aren't going to because it gets me all excited that something is imminent. Josh is a great guy, but this is bad business. I broke my spare carb cap and I've sitting here waiting capless for a cap I paid for over a month ago??? I've been patient, but I am really starting to get irritated with this process. This really needs to be made right somehow.

PLEASE SEND ME MY STORM CELL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE!!! My god this is ridiculous...

ItWasaGoodDre,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Whats the best way to clean a halo?

ive tried that green away simple green stuff and 70% rubbing alcohol. Any other suggestions?

Which Halo? Same ways we clean our Liger inserts would work, I don't have the sapphire but I would suggest Dark Crystal for it.

Now the Sic Halo is resilient and I have cleaned mine by soaking, torching, and even dark crystal for my quartz halo but I think the 225 degrees and alternating water and iso with a dropper and qtip works well for Halos as well as Liger inserts. This is now my go-to method for cleaning all SiC and Quartz. The jury is still out on whether or not I want to put my sapphire through any thermal shock at all though, although at 225 degrees it's not bad.

How did you get in touch with Josh if you don't mind me asking? I've tried Mr Bonsai (bless his soul) and basically every method of communication out there to get this rectified, but nothing seems to work. I get some sort of piece meal communication from Josh that doesn't answer my question in the first place, then nothing...

I feel the same way about the Liger/CCA/Josh, but this method of communication he has going to is driving me insane! Twice now I've reached out via IG (because I can't get a response anywhere else) and twice now he has told me he was pretty sure it was sent, but if it wasn't he would look into it, bump me to the top of the list, and get it out. And then I wait and I hear.... crickets. I look everyday for a shipping confirmation or a surprise in my mailbox and NOTHING! Don't tell me you are "bumping to the top of the list" if you aren't going to because it gets me all excited that something is imminent. Josh is a great guy, but this is bad business. I broke my spare carb cap and I've sitting here waiting capless for a cap I paid for over a month ago??? I've been patient, but I am really starting to get irritated with this process. This really needs to be made right somehow.

PLEASE SEND ME MY STORM CELL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE!!! My god this is ridiculous...

Your order shipped yesterday and is at your local post office. Expect delivery tomorrow.

Last edited:

herbivore21

Hi @herbivore21 - I am a disciple of @mutten840 in that I have come to the belief that all coils (that I have come across) need some level of adjustment in or to have the coils cover the heat transfer area as full as possible and to be tight (for barrel coils) and I don't particularly find this to be unique to Ligers but again, I defer to those with more experience.

Nope. This one:

https://www.thedabstore.com/products/idab-glass-terp-turner-carb-cap
This is true of barrel coils brother (some nails need adjustment more than others), but not at all true of other nails that use flat coils. A flat coil setup is idiot proof. The coil is hot underneath the dabbing surface, the heat rises into the dish very efficiently, the coil touches the bottom of the dish/heater retainer (depending on your setup) evenly from the start :)

I have always preferred flat coil nails for these reasons. I especially do not like having to man-handle coils.

Also @dizaster096 if you need to tighten the coil for 10 mins extra to get it to run 100f cooler, this is IMO required to make the unit work properly. I started out with my Liger 30mm running at temps I'd use to clean my sapphire halo! I am not comfortable with leaving a coil running that hot all the time. It drastically reduces the life of the coil but also heated the room up uncomfortably :cuss: lol

@alittledabwilldoya' I cannot dispute your different experiences with reclaim, I dab different material to most others and obviously we all have different rigs and may have tightened our coils differently and probably use slightly different temps with coils of different designs and wear/oxidization. What I mean to say is YMMV :)

The reclaim is not such a complaint vs the slow vaporization and other difficulties. I find the amount of reclaim to be near, but below the upper limit of how much I would put up with :) IME it is considerably more on a sapphire liger than the sapphire halo but for the reasons above, YMMV.

ItWasaGoodDre

Which Halo? Same ways we clean our Liger inserts would work, I don't have the sapphire but I would suggest Dark Crystal for it.

Now the Sic Halo is resilient and I have cleaned mine by soaking, torching, and even dark crystal for my quartz halo but I think the 225 degrees and alternating water and iso with a dropper and qtip works well for Halos as well as Liger inserts. This is now my go-to method for cleaning all SiC and Quartz. The jury is still out on whether or not I want to put my sapphire through any thermal shock at all though, although at 225 degrees it's not bad.

Your order shipped yesterday and is at your local post office. Expect delivery tomorrow.

Dope! See what a little information can do? I appreciate the update, but the fact that I have to get it from you is a problem. A shipping confirmation with tracking should be automatic for this kind of thing, but oh well. At least its on its way. YES!!!!!

Mr Bonsai- Thank you for doing for what you can to assist this process. I'm actually not at all upset about he delay, it's the lack of communication from CCA that's the major irritation because it leaves you up in the air with no solid information. The customer service thing has been repeated here ad nauseum, but a little would have gone a long way here. So anyway, thank you for your help. I know you're stuck in the middle, so I appreciate that.

Last edited:
ItWasaGoodDre,

ItWasaGoodDre

This is true of barrel coils brother (some nails need adjustment more than others), but not at all true of other nails that use flat coils. A flat coil setup is idiot proof. The coil is hot underneath the dabbing surface, the heat rises into the dish very efficiently, the coil touches the bottom of the dish/heater retainer (depending on your setup) evenly from the start :)

I have always preferred flat coil nails for these reasons. I especially do not like having to man-handle coils.

Also @dizaster096 if you need to tighten the coil for 10 mins extra to get it to run 100f cooler, this is IMO required to make the unit work properly. I started out with my Liger 30mm running at temps I'd use to clean my sapphire halo! I am not comfortable with leaving a coil running that hot all the time. It drastically reduces the life of the coil but also heated the room up uncomfortably :cuss: lol

Woah! What temp did you start at with the 30mm if it was high to clean your sapphire?1

ItWasaGoodDre,

herbivore21

Woah! What temp did you start at with the 30mm if it was high to clean your sapphire?1
Originally I needed to use temps over 800f to get full vaporization with the 30mm and final heater shroud. This was prior to tightening things as much as possible with pliers. Now I get full vaporization and best taste at 660f or so. I have not been able to use the ultra-low temps others mention here with sapphire without extreme trails and very incomplete vaporization. Perhaps I have not tightened the locking nut tightly enough or my coil is slightly oxidized and less efficient now? I tightened as much as possible with my pliers! SiC definitely works at 620-640 very well. SiC is well known to work at slightly lower temps than sapphire.

I use a d-nail 1.2 controller and flat coil btw.

Mig710

Hey guys, purchased a Liger 30mm with the storm cap last month and still have not gotten any response from anybody at CCA. I've been reading this thread and understand I am far from the first one to be experiencing such issues. I understand Josh is growing at a pace he can not keep up with but I would like to at least get a time frame on when I could expect my product. If anybody can help me alleviate some of my stress I would greatly appreciate it. P.S. I've already tried emailing him... and nothing as of today.

Mig710,

turk

turk
....try mrbonsai...he has been particularly helpful to many folks...hang in there man....(go to one of his posts...and start conversation.)..

turk,

Mig710

Greetings Mrbonsai, I have been following this thread for quite a while now and understand you to be a part of the CAA710 team. I am a recent purchaser of a V3 liger flat coil along with a storm cap that I ordered on 1/30 (order number CCA710-1268). I received the conformation email saying my order has been received, however, does not say that it has been shipped. After reading some frustrated post from some of the members on this thread, I shot Josh an email to get some sort of time frame of when I could expect my order to be shipped out. I have yet to receive any reply from him, can you give me any idea of what the wait time is looking like for an order like mine.
Thanks a bunch!

Mig710,

hondalol1

Greetings Mrbonsai, I have been following this thread for quite a while now and understand you to be a part of the CAA710 team. I am a recent purchaser of a V3 liger flat coil along with a storm cap that I ordered on 1/30 (order number CCA710-1268). I received the conformation email saying my order has been received, however, does not say that it has been shipped. After reading some frustrated post from some of the members on this thread, I shot Josh an email to get some sort of time frame of when I could expect my order to be shipped out. I have yet to receive any reply from him, can you give me any idea of what the wait time is looking like for an order like mine.
Thanks a bunch!
Similarly to myself, You just placed your order very recently.

Due to having read this thread and other places prior to ordering I realized my wait time will be at least a few weeks based on what others are waiting. I would assume 3.

hondalol1,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks a bunch!

vKDbMem.jpg

It clearly states that all orders take 1-2 weeks to fulfill since they are anodized to order. It's in bold print at the top of the page when you order. It has only been 6 days since your order so I would think yours would go out in the next 8 days.
Don't you guys think you are being a bit hard on him? LOL, You guys better be glad you aren't RBT customers. I waited 6 months for my Milaana and I have been waiting patiently for my Zion for a year now.

I realize communication needs to get back on track and he intends to . He was just putting shipping as the one and only priority until all orders were out since he was backed up with pre-orders. any time emailing was time he wasn't shipping orders so he just kept shipping. Now that things are getting back to normal I would expect shipping times to stay in the 1-2 week max range as stated unless he let's you know. If at that time you don't get a confirmation or a Liger let he or I know and I promise he will be all over it.

I may be taking a larger role in helping him out in the future, not that you aren't already but if you need anything CCA related just ask me, don't feel frustrated that you can't talk to him directly. I promise you can talk to me and I have his ear. It just lets him use his time on the important development and getting Ligers out. I will assist any way I can.

Last edited:

toros23

It clearly states that all orders take 1-2 weeks to fulfill since they are anodized to order. It's in bold print at the top of the page when you order. It has only been 6 days since your order so I would think yours would go out in the next 8 days.
Don't you guys think you are being a bit hard on him? LOL, You guys better be glad you aren't RBT customers. I waited 6 months for my Milaana and I have been waiting patiently for my Zion for a year now.

I realize communication needs to get back on track and he intends to . He was just putting shipping as the one and only priority until all orders were out since he was backed up with pre-orders. any time emailing was time he wasn't shipping orders so he just kept shipping. Now that things are getting back to normal I would expect shipping times to stay in the 1-2 week max range as stated unless he let's you know. If at that time you don't get a confirmation or a Liger let he or I know and I promise he will be all over it.

I may be taking a larger role in helping him out in the future, not that you aren't already but if you need anything CCA related just ask me, don't feel frustrated that you can't talk to him directly. I promise you can talk to me and I have his ear. It just lets him use his time on the important development and getting Ligers out. I will assist any way I can.

I have been quiet about my frustrations with Josh's communication, but before I placed my order he told me 3-5 days in an email. It was a very pleasant exchange. Then an email early last week saying "tomorrow". Still nothing and now my emails are being ignored. Sent over $500 to the guy and really wanted to try this, but now my money is going elsewhere.

Word of advise for Josh, don't tell people you are going to do something if you are not going to follow through or at least provide an update to reset expectations. I don't think most people mind waiting, but personally setting expectations and then leaving people in limbo is just bad business.

Danksta

I got my replacement bucket and storm cell in early Saturday morning in time for a sesh @Terpstar and we had a great time with it. It was clear from the second I laid eyes on the new bucket that it was slightly different than mine. I think the lip may be thicker, or perhaps just more well made. In either case I'm sending back the old bucket and storm cell so Josh can see exactly what went wrong. Seems the supplier is not very consistent with the Ti. I'm sure that's adding to Josh's stress. I'm glad it's eventually being moved in house. If he is dead set on the cap and bucket being made by Ti, its needs to be perfect or the system fails.

I'm also sending my hurricane cap, as it sucks on the new bucket, but was kinda nice on the old.

But right now the new storm and on the new bucket is pretty sweet. I'm still getting a directional cap made this week as I feel the caps are still the weak link in the chain, but I am a lot happier with the storm than I was.

It seems the supplier also makes the caps holes in random. The setting Josh told me for 1 hole was actually two. On mine the second to last hole to the right is 1 hole open.

Also I think the metal adjuster is where it's letting out too much air. I'm not a fan of that system and honestly don't think anyone would ever want more than 1 hole open. A hole half the diameter it is now would be close to the half hole open @herbivore21 wanted.

Right now I have a tin foil donut covering the holes with a tiny pin sized hole to let air through the cap and adjuster. It's working very nice. Nice milky hits.

So I'm liking the storm, BUT I still had to modify it to get the right restriction.

We also tried covering all the holes with toothpicks and realized you def want some air to go through. I think a storm cell with 1 little hole could be great.

I also spoke to Josh about round on round. He agreed it might not be as optimal as once thought and the design might need rethought. VERY HAPPY to hear that.

Also I am dabbing at 565 on sic now versus 625. It's way more efficient than my old bucket, it's pretty great. I love that large surface area a lot.

Thanks @CCA710 for getting me fixed up.

getsoutalive

In the market for the next level nail and think I have it down to the SiC Liger or Halo, but damn this is tricky.

I don't think I can justify the cost of a sapphire Halo or Liger insert, yet. Especially considering how fragile they are.

But dnail offers a sapphire ring insert for $40, I could be convinced to drop that if it would offer similar taste. My dabs are small, so don't need huge surface area and their carb cap gets raves, compared to what I read hear.

I like the banger design better and think a fragile dish would be safer in the Liger than on the dnail.

Sapphire crucibles are available at reasonable prices from lab supply places, but I do not see dimensions of any of the Ligers or inserts on the CCA site to compare.

Would probably be perfectly happy with SiC for quite a while, but the choices made now affect my options for upgrade later. I am not one to re-sell my gear.

https://www.advaluetech.com/products/sapphire/polycrystalline-sapphire-sample-pans

Mig710

vKDbMem.jpg

I never caught that "bold" 1-2 week message on the checkout page nor on my confirmation email, or I wouldn't be here (third party forum page) in the first place. I guess I was mostly concerned about getting my configuration and colors correct. And as far as being a RBT costumer, waiting a year, you sure got some serious patients. However, most people do not have that kind of patients especially when you spend 200 dollars on an item. My concern grew when I notice my emails not being responded to from Josh along with other members complaints. I do not think simply asking for a timeframe on an arrival, is too much to ask.

Mig710,
Reactions: Danksta

hondalol1

I never caught that "bold" 1-2 week message on the checkout page nor on my confirmation email, or I wouldn't be here (third party forum page) in the first place. I guess I was mostly concerned about getting my configuration and colors correct. And as far as being a RBT costumer, waiting a year, you sure got some serious patients. However, most people do not have that kind of patients especially when you spend 200 dollars on an item. My concern grew when I notice my emails not being responded to from Josh along with other members complaints. I do not think simply asking for a timeframe on an arrival, is too much to ask.

No one is saying asking for a time frame is bad, its just that the time frame is clearly stated in multiple places, and youre nowhere close to that time.

Not to mention the fact that most conversations about this piece cite the wait time as the biggest drawback, at least my research made that very clear to me.

Its just that coming in here and asking for that info, which youve already been given, and pestering the creator is not going to help in getting the product to you or anyone else faster, i think thats the main thing Mr Bonsai was trying to say, in a nicer way. You should at least wait until that time is up before expecting any additional communication.

That blanket message is there because for a small business a 5 minute email or 5 minute call can become a longer time of back and forth, and then multiply that by everyone who wants to know.

It quickly snowballs and creates a situation that just adds more shipping time to orders.

It would be one thing if this was a secret, but its not.

Top Bottom